PDA

View Full Version : Not playing until "tap to manage" aka gem trap is removed

yanochka
04-27-12, 05:45 AM
I will not be playing Farm Story until this feature is removed. I'm constantly getting pop-ups for fertilizing and I can't take it anymore. It is not fun to play anymore

The more people join in, hopefully the faster this feature will be removed.

SweetSensation23
04-27-12, 06:04 AM
I think Android players should solidarise with the iOs players. We are planned to get those "nice" features too in the long run for sure!

lylahmae
04-27-12, 07:12 AM
I am all flowers right now so I will join in.

RoseMeyer
04-27-12, 07:17 AM
This is the ULTIMATE gem trap, they already have your $$$(jokes on you) and they are taking away the ability to even PLAY anymore. All your doing is saving them from spending money operating their server.

pinkster73
04-27-12, 07:45 AM
This is a very unneeded feature. If you want to fertilize you can choose to do it without the pop up.

Also I don't know why anyone would fertilize crops for 20 gems. That's crazy.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-27-12, 07:45 AM
It's not come to Android. Once it does I'll probably be taking another several month long hiatus again.
Does it really pop up al the time? That would drive me nuts!!

DerGelbeKaiser
04-27-12, 07:46 AM
But, yes, I can stop playing for a while if you think that'll help.

FarmerMcLuvin
04-27-12, 07:57 AM
Count me in! This update sucks!!!

DAmanding
04-27-12, 08:37 AM
I refuse to update until this is fixed. If they don't fix it and try to force me to update or not play, I won't play.

bobbyrae
04-27-12, 08:48 AM
I really don't like it either. It almost caught me yesterday while harvesting my leeks. Thankfully I had accidentally spent 24 gems on a box (sigh) so I didn't have enough gems to fertilise my whole farm! -.-

AuntyRose32
04-27-12, 09:50 AM
I won't be updating until its fixed. I'm also not recommending these games to friends/family anymore, don't want to be responsible for bringing this much frustration into someones life! Do the right thing TL, get rid of this useless feature please.

SIT1234
04-27-12, 10:04 AM
Sorry, my English is bad, I'm really angry :(

SIT1234
04-27-12, 10:12 AM
BTW: there are other things too.... Animals in clothes??? Where are those things WE really want??? Keywords: rhubarb, water tiles,... Oh let me guess and I can write some other things which make me angry... Thanks good my blood preasure is low ;)

bobbyrae
04-27-12, 10:14 AM
Sorry, my English is bad, I'm really angry :(

Is that the only thing for which you felt you needed to apologise?:confused:

1figgyfarm
04-27-12, 10:20 AM
I hate this update! I almost lost my gems I collected with so much hardwork!😡

ZekeORama
04-27-12, 10:31 AM
As of this morning, I'm working towards an all-flower-and-trees farm. Maybe I'll come back in a week, see that this misguided "update" has been repaired, and start playing again. Then again, maybe I'll just abandon it. TL seems to be working hard at abandoning the goodwill they've built up with thousands of avid players.

wewefarm
04-27-12, 12:34 PM
I hate this update! I almost lost my gems I collected with so much hardwork!��

lizardlickfan
04-27-12, 12:38 PM
As soon as I harvest crops and trees I am taking everything off all of my farms!!!! I think I am officially done with all TL games.

angela3737
04-27-12, 12:46 PM
I agree. This is a horrible update..I was just recently thinking that my farm story at least didn't haven as many gem traps my restaurant and bakery where I constantly lose my gems for instant cooking ..now the tap to manage is driving me crazy ..I kids loved sitting with me and to harvest ..now they can't be near it ..I can barely tap on a crop to see whatnot much time is left without an instant fertilize .
Please remove this horrible feature .ldont want to play with this at all..

sowmuchfun
04-27-12, 02:10 PM
Where do I sign? This "feature" is a nuisance on a good day and a money-grubbing scam the rest of the time

flytothestars
04-27-12, 02:12 PM
This is just horrible. Started farm not too long ago, but thinking of quitting already.

The color of greed just isn't pretty.

queentina3
04-27-12, 02:56 PM
I hate this too but I'm not going to quit over it because I know TL doesn't really give a darn about what we think. It has become apparant over the past few months that they don't listen, nor do they care, no matter what the TL mods try to say otherwise. All they are doing is making the game more cumbersome and new players aren't going to stick around. I'll continue playing for now, but I'm not going to give them a dime of my money any longer, and I'm just going to be really really careful.

SweetSensation23
04-27-12, 03:21 PM
Well I guess queentina is totally right. It's not to quit playing what will hurt TL the most, but to just stop buying gems. EVERYBODY. I think that's the only way really to force them to a change.

ksbmommy
04-27-12, 03:43 PM
I'm not giving them my money either any more unless this type of stuff stops. There is WAY too much tapping required in FS to implement this change. In the other games you an only have so many appliances but plots are the backbone of the game and you need a lot of them. This change is ridiculous!

PS I'm not downloading the new version until its changed and I'm thinking about giving them 1 ratings in the app store for this. At least it sends out a warning to others.

lylahmae
04-27-12, 03:48 PM
I will still water/gift for those brave neighbors who want to keep playing but I will not buy anything more or change my farm I know I will eventually get bored with this and stop all together it is not to hurt TL it is because the game ceasing to be fun.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-27-12, 03:50 PM
Hm...the other thread is closed. I once came across a section on this forum where you could complain about issues you had with moderating (since we're not allowed to discuss it in here) Anybody remember where that is, because I can't find it and I think if fans of the game can't say that something stinks on this forum this whole online presence is pointless.
Being on Android I don't have that problem but if I did I'd stop playing.
Games are supposed to be fun. There are oodles of annoying issues about TL games already: lack of parity, random offers, overpriced items, thousands of suggestions of the same thing (water tiles, delete pending neighbur invites etc. etc) being ingnored for months if not years etc. etc Adding something that is pure torture to a frequent player is.... (insert appropriate word)

There is so much to fix with this game, how about starting on that??

lylahmae
04-27-12, 03:58 PM
Under off topic there is forum disputes but that goes to the same people closing the threads. I think the player mods are on our side, Kooky is probably hiding in a corner somewhere with a bucket of chocolate ice cream. Not sure if I just broke any rules but Oh well.

kooky panda
04-27-12, 03:59 PM
Hm...the other thread is closed. I once came across a section on this forum where you could complain about issues you had with moderating (since we're not allowed to discuss it in here) Anybody remember where that is, because I can't find it and I think if fans of the game can't say that something stinks on this forum this whole online presence is pointless.
Being on Android I don't have that problem but if I did I'd stop playing.
Games are supposed to be fun. There are oodles of annoying issues about TL games already: lack of parity, random offers, overpriced items, thousands of suggestions of the same thing (water tiles, delete pending neighbur invites etc. etc) being ingnored for months if not years etc. etc Adding something that is pure torture to a frequent player is.... (insert appropriate word)

There is so much to fix with this game, how about starting on that??

forum disputes
(http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)

pinkster73
04-27-12, 04:56 PM
Under off topic there is forum disputes but that goes to the same people closing the threads. I think the player mods are on our side, Kooky is probably hiding in a corner somewhere with a bucket of chocolate ice cream. Not sure if I just broke any rules but Oh well.

You did break a rule: everyone knows vanilla ice cream is better.

bobbyrae
04-27-12, 05:22 PM
Pink Grapefruit ice cream. Now that's the ticket right there. :p

I hate this too but I'm not going to quit over it because I know TL doesn't really give a darn about what we think. It has become apparant over the past few months that they don't listen, nor do they care, no matter what the TL mods try to say otherwise. All they are doing is making the game more cumbersome and new players aren't going to stick around. I'll continue playing for now, but I'm not going to give them a dime of my money any longer, and I'm just going to be really really careful.

I was very careful. Really careful...and then i accidentally hit a box. I don't even know which box. Next thing i know i have a buffalo on mi farm that just cost me 24 gems. Seriously. 24 gems goodbye. :( Good news is i didn't buy them with real money.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-27-12, 06:08 PM
I haven't seen this pop up yet.

lindsayh942edition
04-27-12, 06:29 PM
If you pay attention you'd know that finally adding a manage setting is GREAT! Finally a easy way to remove crops that you accidently tapped on, stop complaining at every little thing

bobbyrae
04-27-12, 06:47 PM
If you pay attention you'd know that finally adding a manage setting is GREAT! Finally a easy way to remove crops that you accidently tapped on, stop complaining at every little thing

An easy way to remove crops you accidentally tap on! What on earth are you talking about? :confused:

RealFarmer1222
04-27-12, 07:00 PM
Well, I'll go on hiatus, at least for a while, as a show of solidarity.

pinkster73
04-27-12, 07:05 PM
Well, I'll go on hiatus, at least for a while, as a show of solidarity.

I will as well.

bobbyrae
04-27-12, 07:44 PM
Happily, me three.

Yanochka removed everything, btw. :( except her donkey and sargent tree :p

nancy6lex
04-27-12, 08:05 PM
I think TL reads these forums for their entertainment.

lylahmae
04-27-12, 08:16 PM
I think TL reads these forums for their entertainment.

You would need to have one heck of an ego to read this kind of review of your job performance and not feel like a total failure.

copycats
04-27-12, 08:19 PM
This is so annoying I once pushed it and spent 5 gems:mad:

FarmerZionLion
04-27-12, 08:50 PM
yeah its sad this hasn't even been addressed ...I'll be reserving my time playing and now have trees and flowers ... this hasn't impacted me yet, but several of my neighbours are shutting down their farm and if it reaches android I'm out permanently..for now its a temporary absence

mushroom79
04-27-12, 08:52 PM
Sorry, but have u ever seen TL remove any gem trap that was set up before? So I really don't think anything that we players do will ever work.

koala23farm
04-27-12, 11:25 PM
Join in

jamalo
04-28-12, 12:18 AM
I really do not get it why they do it, i got a box from teamlava without knowing i clicked it, have sent a mail to support and to find out what happened and got a very friendly reply about the jnconvenience but they cannot reimburse gems etc. And i had the feeling they really cared... I tried to explain to them that happy people spend more in general in the economy and that same goes for teamlava games, if you feel happy you are more willing to buy gems and they earn more money. If you do not listen to players they might keep playing for their neighbours and the social aspect but they will not buy gems. Do they really think if you just lost 20 gems in a trap that you get your credit card and buy new ones??? Guess not, i would be so frustrated that i will never buy gems again and even worse might stop playing at all! I stopped buying gems when i received 3 i love mom and dad signs but keep playing while it is just to much fun to chat with people all over the world and to try to level up and collect free gems asap. But as long as they do not fix this random offers, gem traps and silly 4th place box items they wont get my money anymore...

catgirl477
04-28-12, 12:43 AM
I'm joing in! Everything is going in storage, and by by app, also I will rate 1 star on the app store and I suggest you do the same

MrsPamB
04-28-12, 06:18 AM
TL has managed to find a way to make us waste hard earned gems and take the fun out of the game at the same time. Count me in!

yanochka
04-28-12, 06:20 AM
Happily, me three.

Yanochka removed everything, btw. :( except her donkey and sargent tree :p

I can't redesign with spacing bug, I hate tap to manage, I'm not having fun anymore!!!

bobbyrae
04-28-12, 06:27 AM
yeah its sad this hasn't even been addressed ...

It was actually addressed by DaojinWildFire in this (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27722-%26%2358390%3B-Update-2.0-Issue-Crop-Spacing&p=293649&viewfull=1#post293649) thread:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27722-%26%2358390%3B-Update-2.0-Issue-Crop-Spacing&p=293649&viewfull=1#post293649

He said,

Thanks for the heads up. This is definitely a bug. Will gather info and report it immediately.

Lol....i kneeeewwwwww that...:p just couldn't post THAT here. Lol. :p

nancy6lex
04-28-12, 07:46 AM
I'm taking a break too. My neighbors, please don't delete me. I will continue to water.

eskimomommy
04-28-12, 08:13 AM
I'm with you. I don't have that update. My secret: never, I mean never, keep gems. I buy gems for specific items or events. I also REFUSE to spend real money on a virtual game... Unless it is for expansion or something too cute.

sourlicorice2
04-28-12, 10:32 AM
I haven't had a problem with that pop yet. The only time I saw it was when I purposely made it pop to check it out. But I know one of these days I'll most likely hit it by accident. I'm not going to stop playing but I will stop buying gems for farm till its removed. If its not removed then I'll just play for free and only use the gems I get free which I've been doing for the past few months anyways. Was planning on buying some more in June but will wait and see if the gem trap is removed first.

DRL23411
04-28-12, 12:42 PM
I agree with you about the poor update and gem trap but do you really believe that not playing the game will matter to TL. They have millions of players and to lose 10 or 20 with a complaint won't make a dent in their income. Sad but true. Continue to play, carefully, avoid the gem trap and try to enjoy what is left of the game. Continue to post your feelings and get a bigger group. 100 or more might make noise loud enough for TL to hear.

Limaxa
04-28-12, 12:44 PM
Me too.. Decided to stop playing Farm.. I can't plant crops without losing 20 gems.. So i'm done with Farm Story

yanochka
04-28-12, 12:59 PM
So...TL continues to delete my posts now. That's just wonderful. What a great way to treat your loyal paying customers. Thank you TL for letting us express our feelings and provide feedback. Needless to say, I will not spend any more money on your games!!!! Your greed and lack of common sense is your downfall. It's too bad, because your games would be the best if only you would listen to your customers.

dogs456
04-28-12, 01:18 PM
Yeah. I spent like 4gems so far by accident!

ariesblu
04-28-12, 01:41 PM
Sorry, but have u ever seen TL remove any gem trap that was set up before? So I really don't think anything that we players do will ever work.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. When they had the 'finish all' tab pop up on RS and BS on ios I think that was a clue that they were all about getting people's money. Now they managed to bring a gem trap to a game where there was barely none. At this moment it is not on Android, but I'm sure it will make it's way here (instead of goals, full-fledged parity, etc etc etc). I hope TL will listen to all of the feedback in this thread, but I doubt they'll do anything about it. They're too busy thinking of ways to disenfranchise their consumer bases.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-28-12, 01:53 PM
So...TL continues to delete my posts now. That's just wonderful. What a great way to treat your loyal paying customers. Thank you TL for letting us express our feelings and provide feedback. Needless to say, I will not spend any more money on your games!!!! Your greed and lack of common sense is your downfall. It's too bad, because your games would be the best if only you would listen to your customers.

What are your fellow players from the Russian TL forum saying about this, Yanochka?
btw, your last sentence in your signature really made me lol! That is always my issue with spending money on 'items' in this game - unlike trading cards they are without any value whatsoever.

ps: Thanks for the link, KP :) I'm to mellow today to write a complaint (been out around a lake with my pooch for hours), but might do it tomorrw :-)

yanochka
04-28-12, 05:31 PM
What are your fellow players from the Russian TL forum saying about this, Yanochka?
btw, your last sentence in your signature really made me lol! That is always my issue with spending money on 'items' in this game - unlike trading cards they are without any value whatsoever.

I have warned them not to update the game. There are a lot of Russian players out there that spend a lot of money on TL games. They are in agreement with me that no more money should be spend on the company that doesn't care.

I didn't mind spending my money before since I truly enjoyed Farm Story (and I spent a lot): I love designing, I love conversing with people around the world, I love making friends from around the world. But these recent changes/events and complete lack of communication from TL made me quit.

It is not fun anymore!!!!!!!!

pinkster73
04-28-12, 06:39 PM
Karma will prevail, it just sometimes takes a verrrrrrry long time.

Snapenath
04-28-12, 11:57 PM
Well, that update has really spoiled the party here...

I haven't been playing for long, but when I started, there was a good atmosphere here. But for the past two or three weeks, it's just only been complains and complains, and rightfully!
Some people are references here for me, and the way things are turning is just so sad...

My sons already wasted 24 gems on their farm by tapping on a chest... I have not installed the update yet, but for sure if I do, they will waste all their so hard earned gems on that darn trap! It must be already so easy for adults to fall in the trap by double tapping on a crop, so I can imagine for a 6 year old and a 10 year old child... TL are becoming ridiculously greedy.

naturebaby222
04-29-12, 04:19 AM
It is a shame. Many of us really enjoyed it. I do think TL should seriously reconsider this update. Just looking at the iTunes Japan reviews, FS is at the bottom of the Teamlava games ranking with only 3 stars. Most of the reviews are in Japanese- they don't appreciate the gem traps, either. I decided not to download the update and just enjoy the stuff I already have until they make my version obsolete. A nice, quiet way to go.

happyday5
04-29-12, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the warnings. I will not install the update and I'll follow the forum to find out if and when the feedback is addressed.

ThorVII
04-29-12, 09:13 AM
Then don't play

toadfarm
04-29-12, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone not to worry, just downloaded my old trusty FS Halloween version. Worked perfect. Went to my past purchased items pulled out Halloween and loaded up. This is not the first time I've had to do this. Just play until problems resolve. Love those ghosts! Lol

Classic70
04-29-12, 11:54 AM
After reading about all the problems with the update, I decided not to install the update and am still playing FS 1.9. Does anybody know how long I can put off updating before it becomes a problem (an even bigger problem than the update itself ;) and what the consequences are?

pinkster73
04-29-12, 12:40 PM
After reading about all the problems with the update, I decided not to install the update and am still playing FS 1.9. Does anybody know how long I can put off updating before it becomes a problem (an even bigger problem than the update itself ;) and what the consequences are?

I hypothesize you have quite awhile. I have a couple apps that I've uninstalled just the updates and I'm still using them just fine.

lylahmae
04-29-12, 07:26 PM
I wonder do they have a clue that this is not like when the scale of the truck and/or tractor was off this isn't just a little whining many people are leaving the game.

pinkster73
04-29-12, 08:05 PM
I wonder do they have a clue that this is not like when the scale of the truck and/or tractor was off this isn't just a little whining many people are leaving the game.

Or do they care?

AuntyRose32
04-29-12, 08:18 PM
Or do they care?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say they don't.....their lack of response supports this guess.

lin77
04-30-12, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the warning everyone.....I have a kindle fire and don't have this update....but now if it does come to the amazon app store I WILL NOT be downloading it! I also told my friends who have a kindle too not to download it. They said they wont either!

Shame on you TL for being so greedy! If you keep making horrible changes to these games I will delete my review in the amazon app store and give you 1 star on all games and warn others not to get involved w/ you....and list all the gem traps you have imposed on your players! :mad:

cr4zy_eights
04-30-12, 02:42 PM
I agree that new gem trap is {}...

ThorVII
04-30-12, 07:57 PM
I have a KF to and i dont think we will ever get that update...TL pays no attention to Amazon. I have PMed them many times about this... no response

trace35
04-30-12, 09:59 PM
This is the ULTIMATE gem trap, they already have your $$$(jokes on you) and they are taking away the ability to even PLAY anymore. All your doing is saving them from spending money operating their server.

Your right! I think everyone should keep playing if they can bare it, but DO NOT BUY GEMS! Also try not to spend gems, that throws their stat counter out so they can't calculate how well their gem traps are working

joecotta
04-30-12, 11:30 PM
I'm playing 2 of their games. Empire has stolen 20 gems, nohing lost on farm, so far. I have not purchased any gems. After they refused to remedy their thievery in Empire, I vowed I'd never spend ANY money on their games. I might not have the best properties, but it will be achieved through my own actions, not shoveling any money. The will suit me just fine. I get to joke and laugh with friends all over the world. Doesn't cost a cent, nor will it. Unless they run a "sale" of 500 gems for a buck, without raising prices on virtual goods, they will see nothing, at best one lone dollar. I plan to finish both games, then NEVER start anything else from this money grubbing monster. I'd better stop typing before my Tourette's kicks in. No Money! No Money! No Money! Thanks for listening to my rant.

pegasus2010
05-01-12, 08:06 AM
I miss you yanochya !

sourlicorice2
05-01-12, 09:11 AM
I almost fell into the new farm gem trap. Hit a tree when planting. Luckily I didn't hit the fertilize button though if I had hit the second one I wouldn't have had the gems but could have lost five. That settled it though, won't be buying gems for farm anymore unless the gem trap is removed as I'm afraid I won't be so lucky the next time.

janibany
05-01-12, 05:52 PM
A trick I just noticed now... A few weeks ago they change the collectibles, now the "fall" in to the land and you have to "pick them up". Well, almost made tap twice there... Now I understand the reason of that update

sophial
05-02-12, 10:22 AM
Totally agree! This is really an unnecessary feature for player, but a trap for gems, just like the instant cooking option in RS and BS. PLEASE remove the features from ALL stories, so there will be more happy players and less complaints and disputes. THANK YOU!

yanochka
05-02-12, 11:22 AM
Still no communication from TL on this issue and also issue with 1/2 space placement of decorations and plots.

More and more of my neighbors are quitting or going on strike due to both of these issues. It's very frustrating that such a great game is unplayable now!!!!

bobbyrae
05-02-12, 11:42 AM
The moderators and admins won't hesitate to edit language or anything that goes against TL but hide in a cowardly position when it comes to explaining their faults.

I suspect the forum moderators are powerless, except to lock threads and delete comments.
I have no idea what the admins do except tell us that they will pass information on to the developers or engineers, lock threads and delete posts. I suspect they may be powerless to effect any real change too.

I suspect the engineers and developers are the ones who couldn't give a rat's behind what's going on with the players. Then again, they did come out with an update to the version 1.5 so...maybe they do care.

My grouse is this :
There are certain known issues with these games. Players have been requesting for a long time that these things be addressed. These issues are ever present on the forum. They never go away and will not go away until they are addressed.
So here's my question: can the engineers and developers fix the issues? Is it possible physically for them to do this? Can they even give us a confirmation button before spending gems? Yes, I get the problems which may be created if we get a confirmation button to spend gems and want to purchase 200 tiles and have to click confirm for each tile. I get that. But there has been an overwhelming request for a confirmation button. Is this even something that the engineers can install into the game? Even a confirmation button for items costing over a certain amount of gems? If it isn't, then can we, at the very least, please be told that so that we can stop asking for it?

Can the engineers/developers create something that allows us to delete pending invites? Is this something that can even be done? This has been an issue forever and all we are told is that we cannot delete pending invites at this time. Ok. we already are all very, very much aware of that. BUT is it something that CAN be put into the game? Is this something the engineers/developers are able to do?

A block button has been requested and requested and requested so that players can block certain other offending players from posting on their walls. All we are told is that we are to email support with the offender's storm8id and a screenshot of the offending post. Right. We are all aware of how ridiculous that is in and of itself. Producing a storm8 id of a person who you want to have no contact with at all...it's like asking a mugger to tell you his name, mother's name and date of birth while he's attacking you. -.- Rubbish. So can the developers put in a block button? Is that something they are physically able to do?

Gem Traps, select all buttons for gifting, force closing while visiting neighbours, gem traps, blocking abilities, gem traps, pending invites, gem traps, force close issues, gem traps,gem traps and of course the gem traps! All issues which have been repeated over and over and over and over again on this forum. At the very least, let us know already whether these are things that actually can be dealt with.

Instead of mucking up the game by "fixing" things that were never broken in the first place, why not focus on the issues that are actually broken and are actually NOT working? Instead of frustrating your players why not create an environment where your customers will not be afraid to spend real money on your games?

lindsayh942edition
05-02-12, 11:52 AM
An easy way to remove crops you accidentally tap on! What on earth are you talking about? :confused:

A lot of players agree with me

nmishii
05-02-12, 12:32 PM
A lot of players agree with me

I'm kind of confused too. Can you go into a little more detail on the advantages of managing your crops, so I can also see the benefits? It would really help me.

I've accidentally planted crops before but have either sold them or moved them to another part of my farm. I hadn't thought of fertilizing them for gems and replanting. I'm not sure if you meant that to be the advantage - to get unwanted crops to be ready instantly so you can replant what you wanted.

DAmanding
05-02-12, 01:16 PM
I suspect the forum moderators are powerless, except to lock threads and delete comments.
I have no idea what the admins do except tell us that they will pass information on to the developers or engineers, lock threads and delete posts. I suspect they may be powerless to effect any real change too.

I suspect the engineers and developers are the ones who couldn't give a rat's behind what's going on with the players. Then again, they did come out with an update to the version 1.5 so...maybe they do care.

My grouse is this :
There are certain known issues with these games. Players have been requesting for a long time that these things be addressed. These issues are ever present on the forum. They never go away and will not go away until they are addressed.
So here's my question: can the engineers and developers fix the issues? Is it possible physically for them to do this?

From a programming perspective, yes it is possible to do all of the things you mentioned. Its not even overly challenging. They simply don't care what we want.

WendingWanderer
05-02-12, 06:12 PM
I'm kind of confused too. Can you go into a little more detail on the advantages of managing your crops, so I can also see the benefits? It would really help me.

I've accidentally planted crops before but have either sold them or moved them to another part of my farm. I hadn't thought of fertilizing them for gems and replanting. I'm not sure if you meant that to be the advantage - to get unwanted crops to be ready instantly so you can replant what you wanted.

You don't fertilize them FOR gems, you fertilize them WITH gems.

Totally, absolutely not worth it.

pinkster73
05-02-12, 06:14 PM

That's what she said :)

nmishii
05-02-12, 06:16 PM

That's what I meant -- spending gems to fertilize. I don't think its worth it either, but am trying to understand why lindsayh942edition and others think it is. Hope she answers.

lylahmae
05-02-12, 06:59 PM

Are you saying we don't pay attention? Or that we are all too stupid to know that you can spend $ ano d get the same result as waiting? I am SO confused!

yanochka
05-02-12, 07:33 PM

Ugh tell me about it i accidently spead up a crop and lost gems i was saving :(

So, which one is it?

AuntyRose32
05-02-12, 08:33 PM
So, which one is it?

LMAO.... Good spot Yanochka....now we know who is confused!

farmer1600
05-03-12, 08:17 AM
I've also stopped playing on my 3 farms...2 restaurants, 2 bakeries and 2 fashion stores; as have many of my neighbors - Moved on to other games over the past few months - No more continuous ad pop-ups...gem traps...overpriced content...wierd themes...bugs galore...

Miss my neighbors but don't miss all the headaches that come with these games.

pika4ever88
05-03-12, 12:26 PM
Actually yanochka, if you even get to read this before it's deleted like the rest of my posts that weren't against the ToS, I think you're much better off without the game. ;3. I don't think I'm sorry anymore for the players who were driven away by this update since it just keep highlighting what TL loves... money and frustrated customers.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-03-12, 12:53 PM
I've also stopped playing on my 3 farms...2 restaurants, 2 bakeries and 2 fashion stores; as have many of my neighbors - Moved on to other games over the past few months - No more continuous ad pop-ups...gem traps...overpriced content...wierd themes...bugs galore...

Miss my neighbors but don't miss all the headaches that come with these games.

I am (more or less) happily playing away on another farm, but it's abandonware and hasn't been updated in ages. It has adorable animated animals but my God, it is buggy! :-( If you know a nice farm game let me know on my wall (just add me), I could do with some change.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-03-12, 12:57 PM
Actually yanochka, if you even get to read this before it's deleted like the rest of my posts that weren't against the ToS, I think you're much better off without the game. ;3. I don't think I'm sorry anymore for the players who were driven away by this update since it just keep highlighting what TL loves... money and frustrated customers.

LOL!!!!!!!!!
I am very sorry to see Yanoscha stop playing - her designs are awesome.
However, there is another neighbour of mine who must have spend oodles of money on the game and she stopped playing months ago. Sometimes a game has just come to its end. I haven't finished playing FS yet. I am determined to get that castle - although with all the flowers that is kind of difficult. I do want to get the new ones at least to level 2 (for the gem) and their financial return is pathetic.

But on the plus side: The shamrock is still in the store! Yay! :-)

lizardlickfan
05-03-12, 01:02 PM
I am (more or less) happily playing away on another farm, but it's abandonware and hasn't been updated in ages. It has adorable animated animals but my God, it is buggy! :-( If you know a nice farm game let me know on my wall (just add me), I could do with some change.
I sent u a PM

pika4ever88
05-03-12, 01:39 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!
I am very sorry to see Yanoscha stop playing - her designs are awesome.
However, there is another neighbour of mine who must have spend oodles of money on the game and she stopped playing months ago. Sometimes a game has just come to its end. I haven't finished playing FS yet. I am determined to get that castle - although with all the flowers that is kind of difficult. I do want to get the new ones at least to level 2 (for the gem) and their financial return is pathetic.

But on the plus side: The shamrock is still in the store! Yay! :-)

Well I know for sure the kiwi isn't considered seasonal since I read of kooky stating so. I have a feeling the others aren't too just because there doesn't seem to be a reason so. However, what I do know is, don't burn yourself out (not that this company deserves your loyalty). Otherwise you'll never amass the amount needed to purchase it. :3. Have fun while you do cause in the end, this game is going to be abandoned like everything in life so you might as well enjoy the ride.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-03-12, 01:39 PM
Thanks, alas, it'S not on Anroid. But I foudn two new ones, I'm going to try.
While nothing beats the TL crop system in variety and I do love (most) of the FS design, I do want some critters running around.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-03-12, 01:44 PM
Well I know for sure the kiwi isn't considered seasonal since I read of kooky stating so. I have a feeling the others aren't too just because there doesn't seem to be a reason so. However, what I do know is, don't burn yourself out (not that this company deserves your loyalty). Otherwise you'll never amass the amount needed to purchase it. :3. Have fun while you do cause in the end, this game is going to be abandoned like everything in life so you might as well enjoy the ride.

Well, I once stopped playing for about three months or so because I just got a dog and was simply too busy to play a tap game and also because I was very tired of the way I was being modded on this forum. It was kind of fun to come back and see all these new shiny things in the store :-)
But you are right, I'll go back to plant more profitable stuff. The flowers have the one advantage that if I forget to check into my farm they are still there when I come back. I once lost a whole field of flint corn just because I was too busy -___-

queentina3
05-04-12, 08:27 AM
I'm just curious if a TL Employee Mod is going to chime in here and at least tell us if this is going to be removed or if it is a permanent addition to the game. I mean we know the spacing issue is a bug that will be fixed, eventually, but they haven't said a WORD about this change.

pinkster73
05-04-12, 08:46 AM
I'm just curious if a TL Employee Mod is going to chime in here and at least tell us if this is going to be removed or if it is a permanent addition to the game. I mean we know the spacing issue is a bug that will be fixed, eventually, but they haven't said a WORD about this change.

I'm almost positive its "by design".

bobbyrae
05-04-12, 09:58 AM
but they haven't said a WORD about this change.

What's new, though? I'd love to know the procedure they go through when deciding what changes to make to the game. They clearly do not consult players...

kooky panda
05-04-12, 10:49 AM
I'm almost positive its "by design".

I have not gotten official word, but I agree with pinkster, the new manage option on farm, was not an error.

All I can say is to keep giving constructive feedback of why you do not like this new feature. Tl has changed some things in the past, based on Constructive feedback. (not all but some)

HyperNova1986
05-04-12, 10:54 AM
To be honest, this new so called "gem trap" is not affecting me at all. I just click once on the dirt square and just incase if i open up the window it pops up in middle so i dont get scared of accidental hit on the gem button. I believe TL has just given you option of fertilizing all the crops just like the option in bakery and restaurant story. If you be impatient and hit everywhere on the screen without taking time then obviously you are digging a hole for urself in the ground to get burried. Just be careful of what you tap in the game and dont be impatient. ����

nmishii
05-04-12, 10:58 AM
What's new, though? I'd love to know the procedure they go through when deciding what changes to make to the game. They clearly do not consult players...

I think they ask one question per suggested change: How many gems can we get people to spend with this change?

If the number is high enough the change gets implemented.

Just my thoughts.

yanochka
05-04-12, 11:07 AM
To be honest, this new so called "gem trap" is not affecting me at all. I just click once on the dirt square and just incase if i open up the window it pops up in middle so i dont get scared of accidental hit on the gem button. I believe TL has just given you option of fertilizing all the crops just like the option in bakery and restaurant story. If you be impatient and hit everywhere on the screen without taking time then obviously you are digging a hole for urself in the ground to get burried. Just be careful of what you tap in the game and dont be impatient. ����

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I've never seen any user requesting this option to be implemented. It is not an improvement to the game. It is a deliberate way to get us to spend gems. Users have been reporting "accidental" taps already with this change. Fertilize option was already available to us via the store, which I used when I wanted to buy this service. I never heard anyone complaining that they needed to go to the store to purchase fertilizer.

Also, why should I be changing the way I play (after being a paying customer for almost 2 years)? Why doesn't Team Lava spend their development time on actual issues with the game?

queentina3
05-04-12, 12:02 PM
I agree with you 100% yanochka. We already had this option so it isn't like it's a new option for us, they just put it in a new place. I LIKED being able to tap on my trees or crops to see how long they still had left, but now it's hazardous to do so. It isn't always a player being impatient and double tapping, it is sometimes the game hanging when your tapping and it reads the tap wrong.

I also haven't encountered a problem with this option as it hasn't CAUGHT me yet, that doesn't mean I LIKE the option or that I don't want it removed. I want it gone, it is unnecessary and only going to cause more people to quit the game. I doubt that was TLs intention, but that is what is going to happen if they DON'T start listening to what us PLAYERS WANT.

We ask for shorter crop times, we get longer ones.
We ask for water tiles and features, but then they only give them in boxes as first place prizes or as limited random offers that not EVERYONE gets.
We ask for a Turkey and they give us pigs and cows in different colors instead.

When is TL going to listen to what we want and give us what we want, instead of the opposite? When everyone has quit and given up on them? That isn't good business. :(

HyperNova1986
05-04-12, 12:20 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. However, I've never seen any user requesting this option to be implemented. It is not an improvement to the game. It is a deliberate way to get us to spend gems. Users have been reporting "accidental" taps already with this change. Fertilize option was already available to us via the store, which I used when I wanted to buy this service. I never heard anyone complaining that they needed to go to the store to purchase fertilizer.

Also, why should I be changing the way I play (after being a paying customer for almost 2 years)? Why doesn't Team Lava spend their development time on actual issues with the game?

You are a paying customer and I agree with you there. As we all know that we had requested a "comfirmation button" on gem items or slots which we never got. I didnt know we had a fertilization option in the main menu so Im wrong in that matter. I thought they implemented that option just as seeing in restaurant and bakery. I have bought $10 gems in fashion for my wife and $4 gems for myself in zoo story 2. If people are having trouble with these "feature" then TeamLava should listen. They should listen this matter as well as other requests such as more expansions needed for zoo and pet stories.

05-04-12, 01:06 PM
I fully support Yanochka in her decision to stop playing. The new update made the game not fun anymore. "Tap to Manage" feature needs to go because there are more chances now to loose gems. If we want to fertilize we will choose this option from the store. Also please fix the half-space issue so we can have creative designs on the farms again.

I will not buy gems until those two issues have been resolved. Thank you for listening!

DimaJ
05-04-12, 02:11 PM
I fully support Yanochka in her decision to stop playing. The new update made the game not fun anymore. "Tap to Manage" feature needs to go because there are more chances now to loose gems. If we want to fertilize we will choose this option from the store. Also please fix the half-space issue so we can have creative designs on the farms again.

I will not buy gems until those two issues have been resolved. Thank you for listening!

bobbyrae
05-04-12, 03:07 PM
We ask for a Turkey and they give us pigs and cows in different colors instead :(

...and a dogs in yellow frocks and blue raincoats...-.-

I think they ask one question per suggested change: How many gems can we get people to spend with this change? nmishii, i dare say you have hit the nail quite squarely on its head right there.

lylahmae
05-04-12, 05:30 PM
OK I just read that there is another update for IOS did they take away the goofy gem trap?

pinkster73
05-04-12, 05:49 PM
OK I just read that there is another update for IOS did they take away the goofy gem trap?

.....no......

viviansmo
05-04-12, 05:58 PM
Oy. Please TL, please take away the manage pop up.

DAmanding
05-04-12, 07:11 PM
I'm happy that the spacing bug is fixed. However I still refuse to update until the new "tap to manage" gem trap is removed.

sweetstuff525
05-04-12, 07:48 PM
I'm happy that the spacing bug is fixed. However I still refuse to update until the new "tap to manage" gem trap is removed.

I don't think it will be removed...tl said the spacing wasn't suppose to happen made a mistake ...but dw just posted on another thread that the fertilizer should work now ...since it didn't

So In other words they arent planning on removing this feature

yanochka
05-04-12, 08:34 PM
I am happy that spacing bug has been fixed. A lot of players were upset that they couldn't decorate their farms anymore!

However, I am not happy that "tap to manage" feature is still there. It affects how I play the game and I can't stand seeing the pop-up screen all the time. It's a waist of my time and potentially my gems.

TL, please remove "tap to manage". I would like the opportunity to start playing and designing again.

kmyfarmer
05-04-12, 09:55 PM
I am happy that spacing bug has been fixed. A lot of players were upset that they couldn't decorate their farms anymore!

However, I am not happy that "tap to manage" feature is still there. It affects how I play the game and I can't stand seeing the pop-up screen all the time. It's a waist of my time and potentially my gems.

TL, please remove "tap to manage". I would like the opportunity to start playing and designing again.

And we would like to see the artistically wonderful designs Yanochka shares with all of us farmers! besides the "tap to manage" is really annoying and doesn't really help farming.

copycats
05-04-12, 09:58 PM
It would be nice to have that removed I'be used way to many gems on it :(

sourlicorice2
05-04-12, 10:11 PM

It hasn't affected me much either though I did have one close call. However I'm on an iPad with a big screen so it's easier to avoid. People playing on phones with a small screen I think are more susceptible to falling into the gem trap. It needs to be removed. I am still playing BUT I definetly won't be buying anymore gems for farm until its removed.

sourlicorice2
05-04-12, 10:17 PM
I could be wrong about having a bigger screen being easier to avoid the trap though for me it's easier. That being said I support Yanochka and want the feature removed. It's not necessary just as it isn't necessary on BS and RS.

I WON'T BE BUYING GEMS TILL ITS REMOVED. IF ITS NOT THEN I'LL BE PLAYING FOR FREE FROM NOW ON!!!

lylahmae
05-05-12, 03:32 AM
At this point i doubt this is going to be addressed. I will not give up and i will continue to ask for this feature to be removed it is clear that this is what tl wants and therefore it will come to android soon. My four year old likes to play this game with me and i have no doubt that once this is implemented i will lose all my gems.

TL,

Sometimes you need to take the high road, admit you made a mistake, and give your customers what they want. PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING YOU! TAKE THIS FEATURE BACK!

danadasha
05-05-12, 06:38 AM

margoshechka13
05-05-12, 07:54 AM
I fully support Yanochka's decision to stop playing. Please remove "Tap to manage" feature as it creates more ways for us to loose gems with accidental tapping. If I want to use fertilizer, I will buy it from the store. I wil not be buying gems until "tap to manage" feature is removed. Thank you for listening!!!!!!!!!

ksbmommy
05-05-12, 08:25 AM
I'm also not buying any more gems in RS, BS or Farm until its fixed. There are items I would like but I have more principle than buying to satisfy a want.

Until this is removed my gem buying days are over. I will use the ones I earn and that's it. I've scaled back with all the changes but now it's zero! I have spent a ton on gems and will find other things to spend my money on at this point. this change was not needed, nor are the bouncing stars to help you fall into the trap.

gigglygoo
05-05-12, 11:28 AM
I also will NOT be buying any more gems until the Tap to Manage feature is removed! TL, I am not tempted by the gem sales. I will only resume buying gems when u remove this feature. thank u.

sibl
05-05-12, 02:04 PM
What can I say, after waiting for a week to the new update, to a change!!! I've waited for a great update. I've waited for a "Yes, customers, we can". And what happened? A disaster of carelessness against customers needs. *I'm a business woman and I know nothing is endless, specially the patience of customers.*
We as old and true customers of you, Teamlava, were asking you about important issues. First there came no REACTION, ANWSER and APOLOGIES. Than came the update....
So as a result a bug was fixed but the main issue THE GEM TRAP is still there.I'm as a big spender of gems, going to stop buying gems. Was that your intention, TL? After two years of playing FS, I was a good advertising for you to new players.*
Customer care, listening to needs and problems of customers, be open minded to new/other ideas is the most important base for a successfully business.*
Thank you of taking the time to read my post. I hope after this I'm not banned.*
To all my fellow players. I hope we can say: Yes,we farm :))

hectorloch
05-06-12, 02:13 AM
I've been waiting to see what might happen here. I was sorry to note that Version 2.01 has done nothing to reverse the accidental gem spend risk that is now associated with EVERY tended square on the game. It's a great pity.

pegasus2010
05-06-12, 04:36 AM
I agree. No more gem purchases. Easy for me since I have no gem page (6 months now). But losing gems to traps is disgusting and the ratings for FS are the lowest ever now. Rightly so

yanochka
05-06-12, 04:41 AM
I'm still waiting for an official explanation from TL (although I know that it will never happen - but there's always a first for everything) to learn about the benefit of "tap to manage" feature and what they were thinking when they came up with that idea!!!!

I stopped buying gems in all of my games (2 Farms, 1 Restaurant and 1 Bakery). I also stopped playing on both farms as my playing experience is now ruined with "tap to manage".

Please TL, listen to your customers and make your games fun once again!

bobbyrae
05-06-12, 05:05 AM
I'm not sure when TL will finally realise that silence is sometimes not as golden as one would hope it to be. To not even so much as respond to this thread speaks volumes about how they regard their paying customers.

Oh well...there you go. Quite a shame, really.

auburnheaven
05-06-12, 07:53 AM
I lost two gems today because I accidentally fertilized two of my crops! I'm SO upset at TL for this stupid update.

cwmole
05-06-12, 08:45 AM
I don't post so often these says as I've learned it rarely does any good, however I too am disgusted by the gem trap. I can afford to buy them, but for those that can't or don't like to buy, to lose precious gems in this way is horrible. Really is no need for it, there are plenty of folk that buy gems regularly, its just greed, makes no business sense whatsoever if you lose customers because of it surely?

queentina3
05-06-12, 10:12 AM
I'm still waiting for an official explanation from TL (although I know that it will never happen - but there's always a first for everything) to learn about the benefit of "tap to manage" feature and what they were thinking when they came up with that idea!!!!

I stopped buying gems in all of my games (2 Farms, 1 Restaurant and 1 Bakery). I also stopped playing on both farms as my playing experience is now ruined with "tap to manage".

Please TL, listen to your customers and make your games fun once again!

Same here, and at this point I don't want it to be the standard "It's by design". I want to know WHY they thought this was necessary. Obviously they think it was, so telling the players what that reason is could maybe at least get us to understand. Most of us are just thinking they are being greedy and want us to lose our gems, is that the impression they really want us to have of them????? I would think not, but the glaring SILENCE has given us no choice but to make assumptions.

Please GM, BP, or DW, give us players a REASON for why TL instituted this and PLEASE let them know we DON'T want it and would hope it gets removed ASAP.

fillat
05-07-12, 12:51 AM

yanochka
05-07-12, 06:29 AM
Well, it's Monday...I wonder if we'll hear any official response from TL...

Godlovesyou12
05-07-12, 06:37 AM
I HATE the tap thingie ma bobber. Its hard to do when you don't have time to tap tap tap all night. I hate it! I won't
stop playing the game but team lava will no longer be having me buy gems off of them until this is resolved. :@

bobbyrae
05-07-12, 08:42 AM
Please GM, BP, or DW, give us players a REASON for why TL instituted this and PLEASE let them know we DON'T want it and would hope it gets removed ASAP.

Oh I'm sure someone or the other has passed this on to the team of developers or engineers. Lol.

pinkster73
05-07-12, 09:05 AM
Oh I'm sure someone or the other has passed this on to the team of developers or engineers. Lol.

*snicker

yanochka
05-07-12, 01:21 PM
KP, do you know if TL plans to comment and/or address this issue? It is seriously affecting game play for so many players...

I've been getting constant complaints from the Russian community (somehow they think I can revert the change, I wish I could though) since "tap to manage" feature has been implemented. Too bad most of them don't speak English well and are too shy to come to the forum to voice their displeasure with the change.

DaojinWildfire
05-07-12, 03:11 PM
We are unable to speculate about the current and future status of this feature. Please remember that the best place to leave constructive feedback would be the feedback forums (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Farm-Story-Feedback-and-Bug-Reports). We do collect feedback and forward them to team for discussion.

yanochka
05-07-12, 04:06 PM
Thank you DW - there is plenty of feedback in the feedback area. I just hope there is a decision made soon.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-07-12, 04:28 PM
Well, from what I understand there are plenty of Australian players who also don't play - at least this week.
Although their issue isn't the gemtrap but that they don't get their own flag from TL.
Maybe I need to tell my neighbour she needs to post her concerns in the feeback forum? Because from what I understood from DW's post, writing it in 'Discussion' is a bit of a dead end.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-07-12, 04:28 PM
Wait, does that mean all we need to do is ask for watertiles in the feedback forum???
;)

pinkster73
05-07-12, 04:32 PM
Wait, does that mean all we need to do is ask for watertiles in the feedback forum???
;)

Oh duh. We've been talking in the wrong section that's all!

pegasus2010
05-07-12, 07:56 PM
Yanochya is an avid (maybe rabid) farmer. Her superior designs and loyalty epitomize our farm gamers. NO gem buys until the crop gem trap goes away!!!! Ok she is not actually Rabid just a big fan. Farming for fun like me! ( ;

Classic70
05-08-12, 01:28 PM
Well, I've politely put my 2 cents in on the feedback forum. Sure hope it helps...

yanochka
05-08-12, 05:55 PM
Yanochya is an avid (maybe rabid) farmer. Her superior designs and loyalty epitomize our farm gamers. NO gem buys until the crop gem trap goes away!!!! Ok she is not actually Rabid just a big fan. Farming for fun like me! ( ;

Lol......

bobbyrae
05-09-12, 08:32 AM
We are unable to speculate about the current and future status of this feature. Please remember that the best place to leave constructive feedback would be the feedback forums (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Farm-Story-Feedback-and-Bug-Reports). We do collect feedback and forward them to team for discussion.

Maybe Kooky or another mod could please move this to the feedback forum?

And perhaps if it is put in that forum DWF might be able to forward queentina's question to the Developers who may then provide us with an answer?

Queentina: Same here, and at this point I don't want it to be the standard "It's by design". I want to know WHY they thought this was necessary. Obviously they think it was, so telling the players what that reason is could maybe at least get us to understand. Most of us are just thinking they are being greedy and want us to lose our gems, is that the impression they really want us to have of them????? I would think not, but the glaring SILENCE has given us no choice but to make assumptions.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-09-12, 09:01 AM
Well, the request is now in the feedback forum.
I wonder if it was more efficient to email directly to TL??

And here is my personal guess why TL brought this feature: they are about to sell their company and need a quick influx in income so the books look better.
Just a guess, of course :-)
In the long run players will make sure to stay under 20 gems. That also means that they won't load up in a sale which again means that when a new box etc. is introduced they'll be less willing to spend gems because they won't have a nice pile sitting there. There is no way this feature will increase income in the long run.
Oh well, I'm currently saved from this problem and have deactivated the automatic update function in farm story so I'll hopefully be spared.

RoseMeyer
05-09-12, 11:20 AM
Gem SALES increase revenue, the book the revenue when you pay, not when you use them. I dunno if gem TRAPs just tick {} people off

Branston73
05-09-12, 11:37 AM
I'm in this too! I do hope this stops!

sweetstuff525
05-09-12, 11:38 AM
Gem SALES increase revenue, the book the revenue when you pay, not when you use them. I dunno if gem TRAPs just tick {} people off

But people buy gems to purchase certain items...if they fall into the gem trap they loose the gems ....and if they don get really mad they will still. Uh more gems in order to buy what they wanted...

yanochka
05-09-12, 12:13 PM
KP, please move this thread to feedback forum - there is plenty of constructive feedback in this thread and I would like TL to officially consider this thread as feedback (according to DW instructions). Thank you!

WendingWanderer
05-09-12, 12:15 PM
A day or two ago, I got a 20% off gem sale offer.

No way.

yanochka
05-09-12, 12:27 PM
I didn't buy any gems with 30% off offer - this is major for me :D

RealFarmer1222
05-09-12, 12:50 PM
I've had 20% offers in Farm RS, CS, and PS.......NO SALE!!!

trace35
05-09-12, 10:06 PM
Oh duh. We've been talking in the wrong section that's all!

Hmmm.... Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

pinkster73
05-09-12, 10:43 PM
Hmmm.... Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

Moi? Sarcastic? Naaa

trace35
05-10-12, 01:54 AM
Lol! Sarcasm is the highest form of wit!

bobbyrae
05-10-12, 05:43 AM
Well, let's see what happens now that it's in the appropriate forum. Will we actually have a proper response as to why it was implemented in the first place and whether it will be reversed?

goodies2323
05-10-12, 08:37 AM
I totally agree! I had 34 gems I was saving for something special and accidentally chose something that caused that option of fertilizing my farm and I lost 21 gems! I have just 13 gems left! So sad. I really enjoy playing thi game but I hate this feature. I don't use the word hate very much but have to esu it in this instance.

GnomikVasya
05-10-12, 11:55 AM
I totally agree too!!! Please remove this feature - it is very inconvenient to play now!

pegasus2010
05-14-12, 05:36 PM
WE want yanochya back. The crop management gem trap is over the top. Please remove? Customer satisfaction and loyalty do matter. Is anyone listening?

lylahmae
05-14-12, 09:09 PM
Well they have ignored us for 16 days now. Thanks DW for at least attempting to acknowledge the problem. I guess the good thing is I am no longer addicted to your games TL and I give all the credit to your greed.

our6crazykids
05-15-12, 12:06 AM
I too HATE this!!! I did spend the 20 gems that I have worked long and hard for! Very, very, very unhappy with the last update! GET RID OF THE STUPID "TAP TO MANAGE"!!!!!!!!!!

hhuqjaj
05-15-12, 12:34 AM
Guys!!!no update version to version 2.0!!!it's version very bad!

Farmaniac
05-15-12, 06:50 AM
Remove the tap to manage button. Customers don't want it.

88dalejr
05-15-12, 04:07 PM
TL please remove this unwanted feature!!! You are losing a lot of loyal paying customers because of this feature.

sourlicorice2
05-16-12, 09:47 AM
I haven't bought gems since before the new gem trap cause I was going on holiday. The end of the month is halfway here and I'd like to buy gems but won't as long as the new feature in farm is in place. And that goes for all TL games I play!

Classic70
05-16-12, 10:51 AM
Today there are update teasers for every game except Farm Story... Maybe we are being punished for complaining about this so much.

nmishii
05-16-12, 11:35 AM
Today there are update teasers for every game except Farm Story... Maybe we are being punished for complaining about this so much.

There was an update for a firebreather for a few minutes, then the thread was deleted. See, no thread is exempt from being deleted. :p

sweetstuff525
05-16-12, 11:41 AM
There was an update for a firebreather for a few minutes, then the thread was deleted. See, no thread is exempt from being deleted. :p

Didn't know it was deleted ....maybe because people were saying really a fire feather in farm? Lol. I guess they took it the wrong way and won't release it

zoroak
05-16-12, 11:45 AM
Stopped playing farm since 'tap to manage' was implemented. Please remove it. It's one thing to have this function in RS and BS where you have 18 or so appliances, another thing altogether on farm when there are hundreds of squares of crops and trees to accidentally double tap on.

zoroak
05-16-12, 11:48 AM
Fire breather? Ha ha...

pika4ever88
05-16-12, 11:54 PM
All I can say is I'm _glad_ I'm not a blind fan, devotingly (can't think of right word) downloading new updates as 18 pages here tells you where that got them... Being easily frustrated, I can't say thanks enough to all the members here who are always on the forfront of updates and thus have given me ample warning. I feel a bit selfish/underserving being one of those who didn't update and thus doesn't have this nightmare. . . My heart to all who have voiced and those who haven't even bothered knowing where all this "constructive feedback" will lead them.

On the other hand, I _have_ sold my soul to Google, and I feel there is no better company to own it! :D. I'm glad they listen and constantly strive for better stuff... I'm always stumbling across new products of theirs and either loving it or impartial only because I haven't seen the light why I need it (like Apple and how they sell you their stuff lol). *Gush, gush, gush.*

Farmaniac
05-17-12, 02:38 AM
Remove it. Players ask for it.

pegasus2010
05-17-12, 03:02 AM
I have not seen anyone favor the crop management trap. It is excessive and many gamers have posted their anger and hurt over losing gems. A perfect way to alienate customers. How backwards is that?

toadfarm
05-17-12, 07:14 AM
Just lost another neighbor because they lost gems on tap to manage. This is a game it's suppose to be fun. When the games design makes people angry, games over.

yanochka
05-17-12, 12:31 PM
I've received numerous requests to start designing again. I was really hoping that with this update the "tap to manage" feature would be removed. Our constructive feedback and concerns still fall on deaf ears. I am very disappointed about the silence from TL and the fact that they refuse to address the issue that really ruined the game not just for me, but for a lot of other players.

pinkster73
05-17-12, 12:36 PM
Not just an annoyance, or inconvenience, RUINED.

randomharvest
05-17-12, 06:20 PM
Very sad and disappointed in Teamlava. I have lost some great neighbors to this. Why would a developer choose to alienate the fan base?

pinkster73
05-17-12, 07:44 PM
The fact that this thread has almost 10 000 views means something.

Farmaniac
05-18-12, 07:19 AM
I would really appreciate Team Lava to respond to this. Their silence is as infuriating as the issue itself.

So Team Lava: If you decide to ignore the wishes of many many devoted and gem-buying customers, because you've found that you are making your money anyway, than please have the guts and say so, tell us the truth. Tell us that we can complain and beg and ask nicely as long as we want, you won't listen because it's your game and you decide. Be honest, tell the truth and the few of us who still believe that customers wishes are worth a penny can move on to games where we are heard.

DAmanding
05-18-12, 07:25 AM
I'm still not updating or buying gems in any of my games. Oh and nice try, but the goal to get 6 free gems is not even remotely worth updating Farm Story for.

I've previously spent hundreds of dollars on gems. I bought gems at minimum once a month in my Story games before this update. Since then I have not bought one single gem and will never buy them again until "they" clean up their act.

yanochka
05-18-12, 07:42 AM
I have not bought any gems in any of my games either. To those who know me, it is HUGE!!!

bobbyrae
05-18-12, 07:46 AM
I have not bought any gems in any of my games either. To those who know me, it is HUGE!!!
Good for you! :D And i know what a huuuge temptation it has been too. :) If we all played without buying gems I bet you TL would start to listen.

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 08:03 AM
I don't really. Buy gems so it's not a big temptation but I haveN t bought so e like 2 months

k4ren4
05-19-12, 06:45 PM
I have to agree with everyone here. The Gem Stealing must stop! It's so frustrating to "accidentally" loose your gems. please listen and make the change!

Chocolit
05-19-12, 08:26 PM
Please, TL, REMOVE the "Tap to Manage" fertiilzer feature. It's pointless trying to pacify with 6 gems from Dragon Story download with a simple chicken purchase. Many of my gem neighbours have either left the game or like myself are still looking forward to early removal of this feature. NONE of us are moved by the 6 free gems to update at all. Those who have updated but could retrieve their older version 1.9 have also reverted to playing this previous version.

You have heard and responded to us by REMOVAL of the bouncing waters. PLEASE ALSO HEAR US THIS TIME AND REMOVE THIS "Tap to Manage" FERTILIZER feature. Thank you.

yanochka
05-21-12, 05:41 AM
Well...it's been several weeks now and TL continues to ignore this issue. If there are no news from TL by tonight, I am planning to revert to the old version so I can play without "tap to manage" feature for free. Thank you TL for listening.

schnuffiwuff
05-21-12, 06:11 AM
My gnomes are working on my farm in the old version. There is no problem with the "tap to manage" question. The only pro for the new version are more daily points, but my gnomes and I can go without and installed the old version from the itunes backup. Hugs and kisses to all TL- tired friends!

yanochka
05-21-12, 03:43 PM
Needless to say I am very disappointed (however, given past history with TL customer service, I am not surprised at all). A lot of awesome players are gone because of the "tap to manage" - they will be missed. I am not quitting, I will continue designing on the old version of Farm Story, and I will not buy gems in any of my games.

TL games are advertised as free games - so now I am going to treat them as such.

Tazfarm
05-22-12, 05:56 AM
I have twice now accidentally fertilized my entire farm because of this pop up. If it is not removed I will be leaving the game. This pop up is not only annoying but as you are clicking along quickly it is very easy to hit. I fortunalty only had gems I had earned through playing but it cost me 40 of them that I was saving. I am very disapointed in this feature seems to be a built in rip off:(

DoubleZ
05-23-12, 12:57 AM
I've only lost 2 thus far. Farming these days has become very tedious because I've had to slow way down in my tapping so I don't waste more gems.

bobbyrae
05-25-12, 07:40 AM
TL games are advertised as free games - so now I am going to treat them as such.

Good for you!! :) That's how I have always played :) lol.

cubsrock1908
05-25-12, 08:25 AM
I don't have gem traps bcz I have 7 gems on farm story

yanochka
05-25-12, 10:01 AM
I don't have gem traps bcz I have 7 gems on farm story

Each tree and plot are gem traps, you can spend individual gems on fertilizer as well