PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect amount for tips

atsixes
04-26-12, 10:22 AM
I receive a notification that my ranch is full of coins, I go into the game, I see the pile of coins on the ranch. When I click on it, the no. +300 jumps out. But when I click on the info for the ranch, it syas I should earn 500 every hour.

It is the same for all the other rooms. The amounts added do not tally to what is given on the information.

Device: ipad2
Version: 1.0.1

kooky panda
04-26-12, 10:44 AM
I am checking mine. So far I am showing the following:

OFF

Pony should be 500 received 420 (not partied)
Turtle should be 312 received 332(but was partied)
Rabbit should be 550 recieved 303 (was partied)
Peguin should be 1750 received 934 (was partied)

Edit:

did Turtles again and they were not played with. should be 312 got 270.

OKAY
puppy got 125 should be 125

atsixes
04-26-12, 10:53 AM
The amounts change randomly. For the puppies, i received 125 once, then the next round it can be 63 from one, and 65 from another. I have two puppy rooms. And my penguins never get the 1750. At first I'd thought perhaps I'd done a partial collection earlier. But, nope. The puppies were throwing out random nos each time. I just got a 85 and 90.

Strange, eh? Perhaps the puppies were dissatisfied with some of my hotel's services?:p

kooky panda
04-26-12, 11:06 AM
I have flagged this over to the CMs.

Maybe you need to change the brand of dog food????

atsixes
04-26-12, 11:16 AM
Maybe I should change the policy... They must pay in full before they are allowed to stay. No credit allowed!:o

Actually, I suspect it is the timing that is off. The coins and notifications appear before the time is up, and thus we only get partial amounts. Am too lazy to prove it tho, will leave it to the developers to debug. :cool:

driftboutique
04-26-12, 11:24 AM
Maybe I should change the policy... They must pay in full before they are allowed to stay. No credit allowed!:o

Actually, I suspect it is the timing that is off. The coins and notifications appear before the time is up, and thus we only get partial amounts. Am too lazy to prove it tho, will leave it to the developers to debug. :cool:

I think you're right. You can collect coins at any point in the process, which I REALLY like.

sparks229
04-26-12, 04:13 PM
I think when the push notifications say your x is full of coins, that's when it's reached the maximum.

driftboutique
04-26-12, 06:38 PM
I think when the push notifications say your x is full of coins, that's when it's reached the maximum.

Yeah, I think so. That's why I'm thinking maybe the push notifications are coming too early and that's where the problem lies.

sparks229
04-26-12, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I think so. That's why I'm thinking maybe the push notifications are coming too early and that's where the problem lies.

When my push notifications come, I only collect the ones that says full of coins.

atsixes
04-26-12, 09:26 PM
When my push notifications come, I only collect the ones that says full of coins.

Yes, and if you monitor closely, not all rooms give full amounts. Stare at the puppy room till the coins appear and immediately tap on them. You will see the amounts do not add up.

sparks229
04-26-12, 09:28 PM
Yes, and if you monitor closely, not all rooms give full amounts. Stare at the puppy room till the coins appear and immediately tap on them. You will see the amounts do not add up.

The amounts only add up for me if the PN comes.

atsixes
04-26-12, 11:11 PM
The amounts only add up for me if the PN comes.

Yeah, but then the pile of gold coins shouldn't show up for those rooms that have not had PN. I dunno about you, I see gold coins, it is a instinctive reflex to click. :p

DaojinWildfire
04-27-12, 02:28 PM
I checked the income values for the Pets/Rooms and there do not appear to be any issues. It's likely that you're collecting the Coins before they are fully ready. The bouncing coin appears in a room when the total income reaches 50%. This allows you to collect coins before they reach max and sit there, since they do not rollover. It's likely that the Push Notifications also go out at 50% as well.

sparks229
04-27-12, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but then the pile of gold coins shouldn't show up for those rooms that have not had PN. I dunno about you, I see gold coins, it is a instinctive reflex to click. :p

Yeah it is....

atsixes
04-27-12, 05:30 PM
I checked the income values for the Pets/Rooms and there do not appear to be any issues. It's likely that you're collecting the Coins before they are fully ready. The bouncing coin appears in a room when the total income reaches 50%. This allows you to collect coins before they reach max and sit there, since they do not rollover. It's likely that the Push Notifications also go out at 50% as well.

Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible for TL to change it such that the gold coins only appear at 100%? The reasons being:

1. There is already a button for us to manually collect before the due time, with the amount showing so we more or less can tell how far along in terms of XP.
2. Many of us are playing multiple games, and most of us can't keep track of which item the PN is for. So when we see gold, we click. However, it can be detrimental to our efforts in levelling up e.g. The field room gives 125 coins and 2 XP per 6 mins. I clicked on it before the PN came, and I received 105 coins but only one XP. I lost out on the other XP I could have potentially gained if I had waited for but two mins more. For those rooms with much longer lead time, the chances of losing out on more XP becomes even higher.

Most of us have schools, jobs to attend to, and may have had the PN turned off, so the gold coins appearing are probably what we use to identify that the room is fully tipped. Maybe the coins can be in a different shade at 50% vs. 100%? like how our crops change their appearances a couple of times between planting to harvesting?

greygull
04-27-12, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible for TL to change it such that the gold coins only appear at 100%? The reasons being:

1. There is already a button for us to manually collect before the due time, with the amount showing so we more or less can tell how far along in terms of XP.
2. Many of us are playing multiple games, and most of us can't keep track of which item the PN is for. So when we see gold, we click. However, it can be detrimental to our efforts in levelling up e.g. The field room gives 125 coins and 2 XP per 6 mins. I clicked on it before the PN came, and I received 105 coins but only one XP. I lost out on the other XP I could have potentially gained if I had waited for but two mins more. For those rooms with much longer lead time, the chances of losing out on more XP becomes even higher.

Most of us have schools, jobs to attend to, and may have had the PN turned off, so the gold coins appearing are probably what we use to identify that the room is fully tipped. Maybe the coins can be in a different shade at 50% vs. 100%? like how our crops change their appearances a couple of times between planting to harvesting?

Passed this along :)

driftboutique
04-27-12, 08:08 PM
Maybe the coins can be in a different shade at 50% vs. 100%? like how our crops change their appearances a couple of times between planting to harvesting?

I like this idea! Maybe it could show a single coin at 50% and a pile of coins at 100%.

kooky panda
04-27-12, 08:30 PM
I like this idea! Maybe it could show a single coin at 50% and a pile of coins at 100%.

I will pass this on too.

driftboutique
04-27-12, 08:58 PM
I will pass this on too.

Sweet! Thanks, gg and kooky!

sparks229
04-27-12, 09:00 PM
Yay!!! Do you think if enough mods pass this on, they'll be pressured into doing it? :p