PDA

View Full Version :  Update 2.0 Issue - Crop Spacing

DoubleZ
04-26-12, 07:06 AM
I move my crops around a lot. I discovered this morning that the ability to place something 1/2 a space over is now gone, which will affect my entire farm! I moved my house over to pull a tree out from behind it so the tree could be watered, now I can't put my house back where it goes!

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!! I'm a bit **** retentive about my farm, and this issue is going to all but drive me crazy until it's fixed because things aren't where they're supposed to be. I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, have stuck around through all the issues and annoyances (losing water, etc.), but this is something I cannot and will not deal with. I would have to completely redesign my entire farm...ain't gonna happen.

In the mean time, I have a hole where a tree should be and my house is now blocking the view of crops which need water. GRRRR!!

yanochka
04-26-12, 07:39 AM
Oh no....I hope it's a very temporary bug!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise if I can't redesign my farm as I wish, for me there no more reason to play!!!!!!!!!!

DoubleZ
04-26-12, 07:42 AM
Oh no....I hope it's a very temporary bug!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise if I can't redesign my farm as I wish, for me there no more reason to play!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed!! I'm at level 96, and there is zero incentive as it is. No reason at all for me to stick around if I can't at least enjoy looking at my farm!

locke55
04-26-12, 07:47 AM
I'm having the same problem with my iPad 2. It's ruining the spacing in my garden. It's weird because the original spacing works until you move something. I'm new to this game are there usually this many bugs in an update. The game wouldn't even open last night after the update.

kooky panda
04-26-12, 07:50 AM
I will let the CMs know.

pinkster73
04-26-12, 08:40 AM
This would make me quit. 3/4 of my entire farm is spaced on half spaces. It would destroy everything. Not good.

AuntyRose32
04-26-12, 08:46 AM
......and the hits just keep on coming! What a great update TL you should all be giving yourselves a big pat on the back.

viviansmo
04-26-12, 08:50 AM
I really hope that was not intentional! That would be awful. and sad. and it makes no sense because of the "1/2" space tiles and smaller footprint items like gnomes! so it must be a glitch and I hope they will fix it quickly.

bobbyrae
04-26-12, 09:02 AM
I noticed this too when i tried to set out some stepping stones and buildings this morning. I gave up and just planted cauliflower and leeks instead. :-/ Were there not two updates? One yesterday and one last night? Sometimes it's as if the developers really want us to quit playing the games. :-/

pinkster73
04-26-12, 09:04 AM
I really hope its not "by design".

Momolit
04-26-12, 09:32 AM
I certainly hope this is not intentional by design and a real glitch to be fixed ASAP. The max land at 24x24 is already so tiny. Without the 1/2 AND 1/4 space capability, there's even lesser space to play with!

driftboutique
04-26-12, 09:34 AM
Oh no :(

This happened in City a while back and it was indeed "by design."

DoubleZ
04-26-12, 10:02 AM
I'm having the same problem with my iPad 2. It's ruining the spacing in my garden. It's weird because the original spacing works until you move something. I'm new to this game are there usually this many bugs in an update. The game wouldn't even open last night after the update.

Unfortunately, yes. 

DoubleZ
04-26-12, 10:05 AM
I really hope its not "by design".

Me too! If it is intentional, this will be the last straw for me. I was already a bit bored with the game, but if I can't design the way I want with the very limited 24x24 space I have, there's no point in continuing. I've already left a note on my wall that I won't be replanting until it's fixed.

DaojinWildfire
04-26-12, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up. This is definitely a bug. Will gather info and report it immediately.

AuntyRose32
04-26-12, 11:20 AM
Thank goodness for that. Thanks for the replay DW.

pinkster73
04-26-12, 11:22 AM
Oh thank god. Or DW.

driftboutique
04-26-12, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up. This is definitely a bug. Will gather info and report it immediately.

Oh, fabulous news. Thanks DW!

viviansmo
04-26-12, 11:38 AM
phew! thanks, DW! I am so relieved it was not "by design".

NewfyFarm
04-26-12, 12:07 PM
Since I have a chess game going on my farm because of the 2 day flowers given last week, this happened to me this AM making the next move. You can get the 1/4 pieces to fit if you put them in inventory & place exactly where you want them. You cannot drag them to the right spot though.

HHAgriculture
04-26-12, 05:52 PM
I'm having the same problem on my iPad. This will be a game ended if the problem is not fixed soon!!!!

JerseyGirl068
04-26-12, 06:03 PM
OMG I just started another thread about this issue, I knew I shouldn't have upgraded. TL upgrades are always a NIGHTMARE!!!!! Try testing updates first TL! :mad:

GarBear56
04-26-12, 06:40 PM
I will give them 1 week to correct the crop spacing and the new gem trap or I am done with TeamLava. They are taking the fun out of playing their games.

ljsae
04-26-12, 06:46 PM
Please fix Team Lava!!

Thanks for mentioning the new Gem Trap Garbear56...inputs certainly been awhile since we've seen one..

GarBear56
04-26-12, 06:49 PM
When you leave a message on your own wall, it does not show up right away. Come on, TeamLava, get your act together. I am now only going to stay on until Saturday morning. If all of this is not fixed by the weekend, I am done.

DoubleZ
04-27-12, 01:17 AM
Since I have a chess game going on my farm because of the 2 day flowers given last week, this happened to me this AM making the next move. You can get the 1/4 pieces to fit if you put them in inventory & place exactly where you want them. You cannot drag them to the right spot though.

So, if I put my house in inventory, I can take it back out and put it where I want??

DoubleZ
04-27-12, 01:18 AM

Thank you! I sincerely hope it's fixed soon!

DoubleZ
04-27-12, 01:24 AM

Just tried doing this with a tree, and it didn't work. Soooo glad I didn't do it with my Vineyard house! It's a huge pain to place back, because of it's size and having to turn it in a very limited space.

NewfyFarm
04-27-12, 01:47 AM
So, if I put my house in inventory, I can take it back out and put it where I want??

You've never been able to put a 1 space + out if inventory to a 1/2 space - this worked w 1/4 space though, gnomes, flagstone, wine barrels, etc.

artlomin
04-27-12, 04:07 PM
If this is part of the update please revert to the old way. Some items are only half a space large. You need to be able to move adjacent things half a space to make the smaller items work.

Do you ever focus group a change to figure out whether people will like it?

DoubleZ
04-27-12, 08:55 PM
Do you ever focus group a change to figure out whether people will like it?

LMAO!!! We wish!!

DoubleZ
04-27-12, 08:59 PM
You've never been able to put a 1 space + out if inventory to a 1/2 space - this worked w 1/4 space though, gnomes, flagstone, wine barrels, etc.

You're correct, it won't fit. However, 2 half spaces make up 1 whole space, and it should be able to be placed there, but not now. You can't place 1 whole space item on half of one space and half of another. Lordy, I've confused myself! Lol! I just know I can't put things that weren't on a designated whole space back where they were.

DoubleZ
04-27-12, 09:00 PM
I'm impatiently waiting for the fix. Am done farming until then. Sigh...

OnlyPauline
04-28-12, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up. This is definitely a bug. Will gather info and report it immediately..

Thanks DaojinWildfire! Am looking forward to that bug beinbg fixed!

GarBear56
04-28-12, 05:46 AM

Thanks DaojinWildfire! Am looking forward to that bug beinbg fixed!
They added this fix along with the one to enable the removal of pending invites. They are in the cyber mail somewhere.

bobbyrae
04-28-12, 05:52 AM
You're correct, it won't fit. However, 2 half spaces make up 1 whole space, and it should be able to be placed there, but not now. You can't place 1 whole space item on half of one space and half of another. Lordy, I've confused myself! Lol! I just know I can't put things that weren't on a designated whole space back where they were.

I understand this perfectly :p we used to be able to nudge things a bit to the right or a bit to the left without having to move them one whole space. Now we can't. But Newfy is right about the gnomes, chickens and stepping stones. I discovered that last night. But it doesn't work with trees at all which sucks because now i can't fit them where i want and so have these spaces on my farm which i really hate :(

I'm glad DWF said it was a bug and not by design. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Plumacreas
04-28-12, 09:07 AM
Oh it's by design

DoubleZ
04-28-12, 03:20 PM
If this is truly a bug as DW indicated, then why isn't it yet resolved?? A number of my excellent neighbors (gem purchasing players!) have now quit because of it, which means that I'll have a much more difficult time getting my crops watered! I've personally quit planting and am only harvesting trees at this point, because I can't stand looking at my farm with displaced items and crops. FIX THIS!!!!

lauralie5
04-28-12, 06:37 PM
Having the same problem with spacing! Very irritating!!
I'm using IPad2

pinkster73
04-28-12, 06:42 PM
This ruins the whole game.

yanochka
04-29-12, 06:52 AM

Absolutely!!!! Along with "tap to manage" feature!!!!

sibl
04-29-12, 07:45 AM
Just want to inform you all. The AppStore FS game rating in Germany went down from 4,5 to 2,5 stars. So it fits. 2 Stars for Update 2.0.

DoubleZ
04-29-12, 08:20 AM

Yes it does, pinkster! This update is the worst yet and has a lots of issues, but this spacing problem is a deal breaker. I will be quitting if it's not fixed soon.

pinkster73
04-29-12, 08:29 AM
It has also happened it zoo. It's hard to see it being a bug if its affecting more then one game.

lousflygirl
04-29-12, 08:38 AM
Farm Story & TL are the biggest scammers I've ever had to deal with & the sad thing is all the money I have sank into this game buying gems & all the traps they set to steal ur gems & 2 messed up updated in a row & now can't access game at all & all crops have withered & lost all the coins it toof to plant 3 very exspensive crops I've reported problems with the stealing of the gens & TL had the nerve to send me an email telling me to learn how to read & people wander why people go postal. What a joke !!!! Out over $ 600. in this game

AuntyRose32
04-29-12, 01:45 PM

So any news on this spacing issue DW? Is it going to be fixed, it seems to be taking an awfully long time. Please let us know what is being done about this. Thanks.

DoubleZ
04-29-12, 04:08 PM
So any news on this spacing issue DW? Is it going to be fixed, it seems to be taking an awfully long time. Please let us know what is being done about this. Thanks.

I'd like to know as well. I'm at a standstill until it's fixed.

bubsnpzai
04-29-12, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the tip MiniLaura! I will try to reinstall the previous version if I have on my laptop still. Good thing I don't use my computer frequently and as such I hardly sync my stuff frequently. I only do designing on my farm now but if this crop spacing feature is not fixed and the old version can no longer run, I might have to abandon the game altogether as it would be meaningless for me to continue further. And I'm pretty sure many of my good neighbours will follow suit. THIS IS THE WORST UPDATE EVER!!! Makes me wonder sometimes what kind of peeps TL employs. (rolling eyes)

myweedpatch
04-29-12, 11:21 PM
FIX IT! FIX IT! Whose bright idea was this week's update? Spacing/barrier thats now around items is taking all the fun out of decorating! And i Can't use my 20 gems to fertilize, and the game is soooo sluggish! It's like I'm using an incompatible device or something! FIX IT! And FIX IT QUICK! Do it Before you lose your gem buying customers, followed by negative publicity and law suits to get our money back, cuz I know that's not what we signed up for when we spent all that real $ on buying gems to buy things to decorate our virtual farms! FIX IT!

myweedpatch
04-29-12, 11:45 PM
Um... Hey TL... You listening to us???? We here on the forum are some of your most valued gem buying customers! If we say WE are unhappy and that we will Quit because of this, then you should take this seriously! We are a good sampling of your buying demographics across the globe. If enough people quit...and they will if this new update stays for longer than a couple days, then you will not get gem sales, your revenue will go down... And I guarantee everyone will purposely ensure you get negative publicity on gaming forums, app review boards and blogs, and to itunes/apple company. and likely many will get together to do class action law suits as no one signed up for the way the game is now with the update. I personally know that the last time I spent $ on gems to buy virtual items to decorate my virtual farm that the game was not like it is today! I suggest you Fix It Quick! I've never been more upset!

artlomin
04-30-12, 05:48 AM
I just removed 8 trees that had been mastered but could only replace them with 3 because of the half space issue. Please fix - this means I can't master crops as quickly and can't design or decorate as I wish. That goes to the heart of this game. Please give us an update on what's being done to fix this problem!

DoubleZ
05-01-12, 09:53 PM
I'm sincerely hoping a fix for this arrives with this week's update. Otherwise, I am done. For the past 2+ years, I've been a committed player tolerated increasingly bad updates each with multiple bugs, completely unnecessary "improvements" creating additional issues, countless problems along the way (loss of water, crashing, etc.), and lack of attention to suggested and much needed improvements, but this is the last straw. If DW was incorrect and this was by design, it was a devastatingly bad move on TL's part.

DoubleZ
05-01-12, 10:00 PM
To those expecting a response or update from a TL rep, don't hold your breath.

pinkster73
05-01-12, 10:08 PM
To those expecting a response or update from a TL rep, don't hold your breath.

Good idea. I'll pass this on to....... Me

RoseMeyer
05-02-12, 08:28 AM
plenty of new meat out there, play for a while, sink some dough and move on. THATS what they want.

pinkster73
05-02-12, 08:45 AM
plenty of new meat out there, play for a while, sink some dough and move on. THATS what they want.

But us beef jerky spend a lot of money :mad:

RoseMeyer
05-02-12, 09:31 AM
If know your mad & everything, but............... Beef Jerky..............OMG You're cracking me up.

sorry,' feel guilty laughing at that.

:(

Shanonm
05-02-12, 10:14 AM
I have the same problem. I expanded my farm & now whenever I try to move something it won't go all the way to the perimeter. It's messed up! This has never happened before?? Please fix this problem. Thanx! 😃

myweedpatch
05-02-12, 05:47 PM
HELLO MODERATORS????

IS THERE ANY NEW INFO ON THIS ???

I haven't played in a week because my farm is a mess! So, no GEM BUYING FOR ME, my mom, my sister, my cousin, and my neighbors are dropping off too!

This isn't fun anymore!

IS IT GOING TO BE FIXED OR NOT???

GroupMagma
05-02-12, 06:17 PM
We're still in the process of submitting an update for this bug. It's not an issue where it can be fixed overnight. As soon as we have more info in this issue, we'll let you know. Sorry for the delay.

ksbmommy
05-02-12, 06:28 PM
I'm all for reverting back to the old code to fix the problems. When I was in IT, that's what we did when new code created such havoc and couldn't be fixed quickly enough to satisfy the needs of our paying customers............

BUT that would also revert out the new mega gem trap! Can't go taking away that now, can we??? Or can we and make ALL of our customers happy. What a dilemma.

kimijo48
05-02-12, 06:32 PM
I'm not crazy after all, I moved my farm around and my little people I couldn't move them close, now I know why a bug whoohoo😁

GroupMagma
05-02-12, 06:58 PM
I'm all for reverting back to the old code to fix the problems. When I was in IT, that's what we did when new code created such havoc and couldn't be fixed quickly enough to satisfy the needs of our paying customers............

Again, this is not a server fix, it's a client one. A new downloadable update needs to be released to correct the issue.

myweedpatch
05-02-12, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the update GM,

Can't play til it's fixed. Please keep us posted, daily, even ifs to say "still working on it" or "no news". It would be nice to get an estimate of how long this will take to put out a new version? Are we talking days? Weeks? Or months?

My neighbors are dropping out and quitting and since I haven't farmed in a week, I'm probably rating a zero right now.

pinkster73
05-02-12, 10:05 PM

Can't play til it's fixed. Please keep us posted, daily, even ifs to say "still working on it" or "no news". It would be nice to get an estimate of how long this will take to put out a new version? Are we talking days? Weeks? Or months?

My neighbors are dropping out and quitting and since I haven't farmed in a week, I'm probably rating a zero right now.

You are a zero rating now.

DoubleZ
05-02-12, 11:32 PM
We're still in the process of submitting an update for this bug. It's not an issue where it can be fixed overnight. As soon as we have more info in this issue, we'll let you know. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you, GM. I can't even pretend to remotely understand the difference between a "server" or "client" issue, but do know that I can't and refuse to play the game the way it is now. It appears that I'm just going to have to take an extended break until the problem is resolved, just like I did for the several weeks we were losing water last year. It would be interesting to know why it was changed in the first place. What genius woke up one morning and thought that this was a good idea? Obviously, not someone who plays the game and/or cares how their farm looks. Sigh...

nmishii
05-02-12, 11:35 PM

TL really can't speculate on when changes will be released. They have a fluid schedule.

When there was a problem with Androids getting lemon-lime soda in RS we were told that the fix was in the client. It took over 4 months. Hopefully it'll take less time for you.

brettncheryl
05-03-12, 12:52 AM
I agree with the problems from the new update, has a response come back from TL regards Brett

nmishii
05-03-12, 01:26 AM
I agree with the problems from the new update, has a response come back from TL regards Brett

See post 60

queentina3
05-03-12, 07:56 AM

My neighbors are quitting as well. :(

ljsae
05-03-12, 09:35 AM
I couldn't agree more...time Team lava stopped their greedy ways....