PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2.0 Update for iOS Feedback

yanochka
04-26-12, 06:11 AM
The new feature (tap to manage) for crops and trees where there is a pop-up with fertilizing options for gems is a very bad decision and should be taken out of the game. People who would want to fertilize their farm can easily go in the store and select that feature if desired. I am not happy about this as I am a fast tapper and the new pop-up screen really annoys me as it comes up a lot for me now. Also, this way there is definitely a very high probability of spending gems accidentally.

The new animation when planting and harvesting crops is very annoying as well.

I just wish TL that you would start listening to your loyal customers and fix actual problems with the games instead of introducing features that no one asked for. For example: parts request in Farm Story is still not working - all neighbors are still prechecked. There is still no confirmation button for purchases of gem items.

I have been playing less since the "Discovery Box fiasco", and the latest "wonderful updates" are making me want to play even less.

Another interesting thing I saw late last night (wish I took a screen shot...) - I fell asleep while harvesting and when I woke up I noticed a pop-up on my phone that said I didn't have enough gems to purchase something (not sure what as there were no additional information on the screen) and I have 247 gems right now. So I wonder, what was I buying??????????????????????? :D

jtm101
04-26-12, 06:21 AM
I have found as i bet you have, almost every App Store update for TL games is a step backwards.

In the past they have just said 'Bug Fixes' and then introduced new annoying features, like bouncing water, annoying task buttons. At least this time they have stated new features.

No thanks TL, the new features sound bad to me. I will not be updating any time soon!

yanochka
04-26-12, 06:29 AM
Another issue I just noticed - the gift button is still highlighted when I visit neighbors' farms even though I already sent out gifts

pinkster73
04-26-12, 06:31 AM
Close call Yanochka. I wonder what on earth you could have been "buying".

yanochka
04-26-12, 06:43 AM
Close call Yanochka. I wonder what on earth you could have been "buying".

Me too - maybe I was buying Storm8 stock????? :D Wall Street Story??????

MiniLaura
04-26-12, 06:49 AM
I agree with everything Yanochka says. I agree without having seen any of it because I can't open the game at all!

farmer1600
04-26-12, 06:57 AM
I'm so DISGUSTED with what they added in this update Yanochka - Fertilize INSTANTLY FOR GEMS...NO LONGER gift highlighted when visiting nbrs farms...BUY MORE CASH FOR GEMS - TOTALLY UNDERHANDED TL!!!!!

DoubleZ
04-26-12, 07:12 AM
Another issue I just noticed - the gift button is still highlighted when I visit neighbors' farms even though I already sent out gifts

Same here, but it's only highlighted in their farm. If you go to the neighbor list, it's not.

MiniLaura
04-26-12, 07:16 AM
Okay, I just reverted to the old version.

* If you haven't yet synced your device to your computer, simply delete FS from your device.

* Check your iTunes app list to make sure that it has file for the 1.9 version of FS (should have the file name: Farm Story 1.9 1.ipa)--if it is there, awesome continue with my instructions. If it is not there, google "restore old version of app ipad" look for a link from tuaw.com for nice clear instructions

* hook up your device to the computer, it will sync but should NOT reinstall FS

* after sync is finished, go to your device in iTunes, click on the "apps" tab, search for FS, click the box next to it.

* sync again (hit apply button)

* you should have the old version back on your device.

AuntyRose32
04-26-12, 08:07 AM
After reading this thread I will not be updating until I absolutely have to. This is disgusting behavior TL...really low. Introducing features that nobody wants and ignoring repeated requests for features that are badly needed. I think it's hysterical that you ask us to leave a five star review at the App Store and to "leave nice comments, your kind review helps us continue to make great free content" Are you kidding me? Our kind reviews obviously do nothing to help you do the right thing by your customer! I will be leaving a review but I won't have anything nice to say. These games are really starting to become more effort than they are worth. We can't even update to the latest versions without wondering what dirty trick TL has up their sleeve for us! This is beyond frustrating TL, it's a plain old slap in the face is what it is.

llamafarms
04-26-12, 08:30 AM
Not happy with the "tap to manage" feature, yet another gem trap. Came very close to losing a lot of gems this morning by bumping a tree by mistake.....

cakeandpie
04-26-12, 08:33 AM
This is truly disgusting behavior by TL that shows nothing but contempt for their customers. I am definitely not updating, but since not updating means that you have to download your other app updates one by one forevermore and can never again "update all," I may just quit. For the first time ever, I'm thinking about it.

farmer1600
04-26-12, 08:42 AM
This worked successfully for me MiniLaura!

Everyone who is unhappy with what TL did today should please follow MiniLaura's instructions.

CakeandPie
I am right there with you - I've been a loyal paying customer to 4 story games since fashion debuted but one can only take so much.

Have been playing GreenFarm2 and several other apps over the past few weeks - Too many other companies with great games out there - Will no longer ignore them.

* If you haven't yet synced your device to your computer, simply delete FS from your device.

* Check your iTunes app list to make sure that it has file for the 1.9 version of FS (should have the file name: Farm Story 1.9 1.ipa)--if it is there, awesome continue with my instructions. If it is not there, google "restore old version of app ipad" look for a link from tuaw.com for nice clear instructions

* after sync is finished, go to your device in iTunes, click on the "apps" tab, search for FS, click the box next to it.

mikifarms
04-26-12, 08:53 AM
New update..
It is not working..
My farm game is frosen?.
I can not play after update...

viviansmo
04-26-12, 08:56 AM
thanks for the great tip, ML! I'll have to try that.

the gem trap on managing crops is just a new low. and the other bugs make the game practically unplayable (moving items and not being able to use the "1/2 space"). I've never "update all" for updates on my iPad, so I can easily live with this work around if I have the 1.9 version in my sync files.

kooky panda
04-26-12, 09:10 AM
New update..
It is not working..
My farm game is frosen?.
I can not play after update...

see current bug thread
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27698-Keeps-crashing-after-April-26-update

Momolit
04-26-12, 09:20 AM
Thanks ML for the info. I definitely will not update. Already lost 3 hard earned gems this morning to the Red Chrysanthemums when the slow rotating processing made me accidentally tap those flowers instead of the Fruits tab as I had originally wanted to do.

Imadesi2
04-26-12, 09:33 AM
I can't open game now after update last night. :(

Imadesi2
04-26-12, 09:33 AM
I can't open game now after update. :(

Imadesi2
04-26-12, 09:53 AM
Okay, opens after uninstall and reinstall of App.

yaharalady
04-26-12, 12:38 PM
Agree. Whole heatedly.

NannyDiLo
04-26-12, 12:49 PM
Can't open the farm at all since updated. Help

FrmrGeorge
04-26-12, 01:51 PM
Is it just my old iPhone but it appears to me that the game is being slowed down. After every step I get the 'processing' screen. I used to be able to delete a post and go onto the next post more or less at the same time but now I can't.
Worst update ever!

yaharalady
04-26-12, 02:30 PM
I have left another message or 2 but I have to add removing the ability to move crops 1/2 space is such a bad move. My farm is straight forward cause I lack the creativity and patience some of the folks have. But there are many who create 3 dimensional effects because there is the ability to move things 1/2 step either R/L or forward/backward. They no longer hav e that capability. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING.

ashlynmimi
04-26-12, 02:59 PM
I agree with the animation of harvesting crops it is very annoying. When u watering a crop they get in the way, can't see what plant you need to water next. You need to add a feature that u can turn on or off the animation of those crazy stars

starbows
04-26-12, 03:30 PM
I don't like those new features either. It was ok before, now it seems much slower. There are so many small bugs they could fix: the refreshing of the view when crops get watered, the crashing of the game, the time it takes til a gift gets through.

And something rather important: all TL games still use the unique unit identifier which is not allowed for apps any more. So, when I want to sell my iPad, the new owner cannot start his own game but gets automatically my old farm. (or let it reset by TL). That's not reasonable. We all have a user's name in those games and we also need a password for this forum. So why can't we use this information to log in and play? Like Godfinger?

funinthepetshop
04-26-12, 05:08 PM
i'm so disgusted with what they added in this update yanochka - fertilize instantly for gems...no longer gift highlighted when visiting nbrs farms...buy more cash for gems - totally underhanded tl!!!!!

i hate the new update!!!!!

lylahmae
04-26-12, 05:20 PM
Has anyone noticed that the past few weeks TL staff has been MIA during these updates of disaster. THEY DON'T EVEN CARE!!!!!

JerseyGirl068
04-26-12, 06:18 PM
I've come close to fertilizing my farm way too many times today! Swear I'll be done with this farm if that happens!

JerseyGirl068
04-26-12, 07:02 PM
Thank MiniLaura, gonna do that NOW!!!!

GarBear56
04-26-12, 07:53 PM
Reverting to the old version worked! Thanks MiniLaura!!

JerseyGirl068
04-26-12, 08:52 PM
Thai you, thank you minilaura... I reverted to older version! Whew!!!

FarmerZionLion
04-26-12, 09:09 PM
It's sad but I feel my quitting day coming closer and closer if things keep going the way they do, with the nonsense of random offers and now updates meant to rip off client by taking gems even easier than before if this update sticks and become something we are forced to use I'm out, it takes all the zen away from the game.

Momolit
04-26-12, 10:38 PM
I agree with you, FarmerZionLion. Think the Goodbye and Thank You Day is looming closer. Already lost 3 gems yesterday when finger accidentally landed on the red chrysanthemum instead of Fruit tab due to unforeseen slow down in processing which was rotating round and round and round.... When the processing stopped, 3 gems were lost and 3 red chrysanthemums were planted in exchange. Just harvested & said good riddance to those 3 gem-flowers this morning. Urrggg...

RennyMoon
04-26-12, 10:38 PM
I agree with everything Yanochka says. I agree without having seen any of it because I can't open the game at all!

Yesterday I updated the game, I was able to open the game, but today I cannot open it anymore.... How can I go back to the previous version?

trace35
04-27-12, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=jtm101;293368]I have found as i bet you have, almost every App Store update for TL games is a step backwards.

In the past they have just said 'Bug Fixes' and then introduced new annoying features, like bouncing water, annoying task buttons. At least this time they have stated new features.
Yep. They just read our comments on what we DON'T want for a few weeks and then add it in the next update! I'm not even joking.

trace35
04-27-12, 12:53 AM
Thai you, thank you minilaura... I reverted to older version! Whew!!!

That's great for now, but when the old version is no longer supported we will have no choice but to use updated version.

TimeForACuppaTea
04-27-12, 01:21 AM
After reading this thread I will not be updating until I absolutely have to. This is disgusting behavior TL...really low. Introducing features that nobody wants and ignoring repeated requests for features that are badly needed. I think it's hysterical that you ask us to leave a five star review at the App Store and to "leave nice comments, your kind review helps us continue to make great free content" Are you kidding me? Our kind reviews obviously do nothing to help you do the right thing by your customer! I will be leaving a review but I won't have anything nice to say. These games are really starting to become more effort than they are worth. We can't even update to the latest versions without wondering what dirty trick TL has up their sleeve for us! This is beyond frustrating TL, it's a plain old slap in the face is what it is.

Totally agree. I've already left my own review and it was not even close to 5 stars. They can keep begging for 5 star reviews but I won't give them one until they actually deserve it. They need to be forced to listen to us. If getting a bunch of low reviews is what it takes to get them to listen then so be it.

yuimiko
04-27-12, 01:53 AM
Personally, i agree with yanochka.
Pls kindly remove this feature from the crop/tree.
I do not want to use my gems "accidentally" due to this new feature!

ljsae
04-27-12, 05:18 AM
I reinstalled as suggested and got same Farm Story back....did I do something wrong?? Did everything u suggested....

HHAgriculture
04-27-12, 04:36 PM
This seems to be the best fix solution. Thanks for posting. I have my farm back!

HHAgriculture
04-27-12, 04:37 PM

This seems to be the best fix solution. Thanks for posting. I have my farm back!

sweetiepie_88
04-29-12, 05:41 PM
Ever since the update I can't see the pretty symbols nbrs type in their name or messages, one neighbor had leaves intermingled in his name, now all I see are squares. I play on an iPad. This is happening with 95% of my nbrs. I can only see a couple now. Just one more thing in addition to all the other problems reported with this latest update!

susan1166
05-02-12, 12:27 PM
I, too, feel everyone's pain. I lost 2 hard earned gems this afternoon when I accidently tapped a tree twice. Then I tapped another tree - not knowing that the fertilizer feature stayed active. This is ridiculus! One of the worst features that TL has put on Farm Story. I can live with some of the other small aggravations, but this one is almost too much! PLEASE take it off!

ljsae
05-02-12, 03:03 PM
Lost 4 gems so far myself..
COMEON TEAM LAVA ENOUGH ALREADY!

pegasus2010
05-02-12, 05:43 PM
Still no fixes for the placement issue and the crop management gem traps?? I have lost so many long time players/nbrs. Update with NO fix? GM has stated its a glitch? Is communication from TL that difficult? Shameful and sad that TL cares nothing for its loyal customers. Oh yeah still no gem page for seven months. Thanks TL

nmishii
05-02-12, 08:30 PM
Still no fixes for the placement issue and the crop management gem traps?? I have lost so many long time players/nbrs. Update with NO fix? GM has stated its a glitch? Is communication from TL that difficult? Shameful and sad that TL cares nothing for its loyal customers. Oh yeah still no gem page for seven months. Thanks TL

Since you posted, TL commented on the placement issue:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27722--Update-2.0-Issue-Crop-Spacing&p=299161#post299161

23she72
05-05-12, 03:26 PM
I updated my Ipad2 last night, the update fixed the placement problem but I still can't water crops. I thought about deleting it off my machine and reinstalling it, but I got a message that if I did that I would loose all my data. Can anyone please help me as I am fed up with this, can't play the game at all now!

kooky panda
05-05-12, 03:29 PM
I updated my Ipad2 last night, the update fixed the placement problem but I still can't water crops. I thought about deleting it off my machine and reinstalling it, but I got a message that if I did that I would loose all my data. Can anyone please help me as I am fed up with this, can't play the game at all now!

responded to you here
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28123-Can-t-water&p=301373&viewfull=1#post301373

greygull
05-05-12, 03:29 PM

Your data will not be lost. Your game is saved on TLs server.

Farmaniac
05-06-12, 12:03 AM
I am so annoyed by the fertilize feature, I go to app store everyday now, rate one star and write a complaint. I am German and seem to be the only one who cares, but perhaps if many american ppl do so also, sometimes they listen when the rating goes down constantly?

pinkster73
05-06-12, 11:01 AM
I am so annoyed by the fertilize feature, I go to app store everyday now, rate one star and write a complaint. I am German and seem to be the only one who cares, but perhaps if many american ppl do so also, sometimes they listen when the rating goes down constantly?

A bit narcissistic saying you're the only one who cares. There's countless threads with tons of people not happy with this issue.

ladysprat
05-31-12, 07:54 PM
Hello all can anyone tell me if there are updates for farn story and where to find them for iPad? Thanks

pinkster73
05-31-12, 08:53 PM
Hello all can anyone tell me if there are updates for farn story and where to find them for iPad? Thanks

I believe you look in your app store for updates.

Siewmai123
06-01-12, 07:39 AM
Absolutely agree. I lost 60 gems in total since the new version of FS was installed. It's very frustrating.