PDA

View Full Version : More Gem Traps

lizardlickfan
04-25-12, 09:30 PM
Why TL do you keep giving us gem traps?? I just updated to new version of Farm Story and now the crops have a gem trap. We have begged and pleaded and all you do is give us more of what we don't want!!! I refuse to give you any more of my money!!!!! To the other players if you have not downloaded update DON'T!!!!!

pinkster73
04-25-12, 09:32 PM
Can you explain what's different? What exactly is the new trap?

lizardlickfan
04-25-12, 09:33 PM
If u click on a crop a pop up comes up to fertilize one crop for 5 gems or farm for 20 gems

catgirl477
04-25-12, 09:37 PM
Can you explain what's different? What exactly is the new trap?

This
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g345/CatGirl477/9ddcf955.jpg

WendingWanderer
04-25-12, 09:46 PM
While I could (possibly, not likely but possibly) see why you would want to revive all crops for 20 gems, what single crop square of anything could be worth spending a gem to revive?

pinkster73
04-25-12, 09:59 PM
It's good to be Android today I guess. No update.

ariesblu
04-25-12, 10:01 PM
I'm assuming that fertilizing a crop either revives a crop, or automatically grows a crop, correct?

mushroom79
04-25-12, 10:02 PM
instantly grows a crop or all crops, yes.

pinkster73
04-25-12, 10:08 PM
Who on earth would use 20 gems to revive their crops? It's nuts.

ariesblu
04-25-12, 10:11 PM
instantly grows a crop or all crops, yes.
Ok. This is a lame and unnecessary update, but so far I don't think it's made it to Android. I know one of the reasons people liked playing farm story was because there were no previous gem traps like these. It's one of the reasons that I have a lot of gems in farm. Now if it transfers over to Android, I don't know what I'll do, because there are times where I click on crops.

ariesblu
04-25-12, 10:12 PM
Who on earth would use 20 gems to revive their crops? It's nuts.
If this is the only reason for the update, then the whole thing is nuts. I guess it was crucial to bring this to farm among other things. :(

xSnowyOwlx
04-25-12, 10:21 PM
Anybody else bother reading all of the information before updating? I always do this for all apps.

This isn't the only thing for this update. I read this: "more cash for gems when you level up". Now, I can't give evidence to the fact of what exactly this means until I do reach the next level (4,691 xp to go) but this sounds like a benefit. Doesn't say that we get gems when we level up, but I'd like to know what exactly it means.

EricasYummys
04-25-12, 10:27 PM
If this is the only reason for the update, then the whole thing is nuts. I guess it was crucial to bring this to farm among other things. :(
Be careful from now on. I've lost many gems from this pop up in Bakery. I even finished brownies with gems before ha ha. It would be like fertilizing your brown chickens lol

Snapenath
04-25-12, 11:16 PM
Um... I have started City Story two days ago, and they have factories on which if you tap, the same kind of pop up arrives: it proposes you to use gems to end the contract... in which trap I have already fallen once, and that was the first day i played it.. And I was gonna say, thank God, we don't have that in Farm Story!! I mean that's ridiculous! I have not taken that update yet, and for sure I won't now I have read your comments, but to those who have: does it come up with one tap only? Or two taps? Does that mean that we can't even see how much time remains before our crops are ready?
Really, I haven't been playing for long, but I am really starting to be fed up <with all these gem traps!

lizardlickfan
04-25-12, 11:20 PM
Um... I have started City Story two days ago, and they have factories on which if you tap, the same kind of pop up arrives: it proposes you to use gems to end the contract... in which trap I have already fallen once, and that was the first day i played it.. And I was gonna say, thank God, we don't have that in Farm Story!! I mean that's ridiculous! I have not taken that update yet, and for sure I won't now I have read your comments, but to those who have: does it come up with one tap only? Or two taps? Does that mean that we can't even see how much time remains before our crops are ready?
Really, I haven't been playing for long, but I am really starting to be fed up <with all these gem traps!

Two taps

lizardlickfan
04-25-12, 11:44 PM
Anybody else bother reading all of the information before updating? I always do this for all apps.

This isn't the only thing for this update. I read this: "more cash for gems when you level up". Now, I can't give evidence to the fact of what exactly this means until I do reach the next level (4,691 xp to go) but this sounds like a benefit. Doesn't say that we get gems when we level up, but I'd like to know what exactly it means.

You can buy coins with gems. On my level 91 farm before update you could buy $5,000 coins for 10 gems or $50,000 coins for 100 gems and after update it is $54,000 coins for 10 gems or $540,000 coins for 10 gems. On my level 66 farm it is $39,000 for 10 gems and $390,000 for 100 gems.

EricasYummys
04-26-12, 12:02 AM
You can buy coins with gems. On my level 91 farm before update you could buy $5,000 coins for 10 gems or $50,000 coins for 100 gems and after update it is $54,000 coins for 10 gems or $540,000 coins for 10 gems. On my level 66 farm it is $39,000 for 10 gems and $390,000 for 100 gems.

I hope they do that for other games to

PuddyE
04-26-12, 12:14 AM
That's the dummeste thing I ever heard. Who would buy coins?!! It should be buying gems with coins. I've over 6 million coins, why would I be interested to buy more? They are becoming like a cooperation like all of the other. I'm leaving.

EricasYummys
04-26-12, 12:18 AM
I misread that! I though it meant with $54,000 coins you could buy 10 gems! Ha ha I dont blame PuddyE for getting upset

DerGelbeKaiser
04-26-12, 03:09 AM
I just don't get this. Has nobody in that place studied economics?? Or even just done a stint in retail??? If you want to sell more of something lower the price a bit, don't try to swindle people. A pissed of customer is an ex-customer.
Really, all TL needs to do is make consistent, well designed parts for all their players to purchase. Voila! Constant income.
Playing a game is supposed to be FUN. Constantly having to watch every move to not loose real money isn't fun, it's annoying. If this happens a few times people leave. People are too disappointed by boxes, they stop buying them. Is that really so difficult to understand??

mushroom79
04-26-12, 04:26 AM
beware of trees too. I accidentally tapped on a tree when I was collecting my eggplants and the darned apricot tree got instantly fertilised. I have removed all trees that are next to the plots. Really, I thought all the updates that came together was finally to deal with the darned bouncing stars and remove them. Only to realise the bouncing stars are still in place but i have just downloaded myself more gem traps. Yes, we could say don't download the update for farm yet, but eventually, we'll still have to, in order to get the new items in farm.

RoseMeyer
04-26-12, 04:42 AM
I accidentally tapped on a tree when I was collecting my eggplants and the darned apricot tree got instantly fertilised.
Now THATS evil.
no update for ME

Snapenath
04-26-12, 04:42 AM
Do you mean that if you don't download the application update, you will no longer get the weekly updates???

MiniLaura
04-26-12, 05:02 AM
Do you mean that if you don't download the application update, you will no longer get the weekly updates???

No, I don't think that's right.

I remember that after the bouncing drop update, someone (hector, I think) reverted to the old version, and he still got the updates. There's even a thread that gives instructions on how to revert. I'm going to search for that thread when I have time. Or hopefully someone will post the instructions again (hector? Are you there?)

Again, I only think that you people on the old version will get weekly updates. I do not know for sure.

RoseMeyer
04-26-12, 05:15 AM
Gem traps are tl sending a big {}you out to its players

mushroom79
04-26-12, 05:20 AM

I am not too sure. But I during the time where there was the bouncing stars update about a year ago for bakery, I DID not download it. Hence I did not manage to get the ice cream machine update at all even pass tuesday. It was until I was updated then I got the ice cream machine + the annoying bouncing stars. Likewise for the makeup counter in fashion. No downloading update = no makeup counter. For farm, it was the koi pond that I had to download the update in order to get the koi pond.

How about holding on first and if you really do not get any updates past tuesday for farm, then download the update. This is the best suggestion I could offer. But no matter what, I am stuck with the gem trap. Gotta think of how to rearrange my farm.

Snapenath
04-26-12, 05:36 AM
Well I was thinking I would be cautious and not update the app each time i update other apps fom the App Store, as I usually click on Update All.
Hopefully I will still have the weekly updates, and if not, well I'll have no other choice than dowloading it.
We'll see later next week...
I hate those gem traps, I have over 131 gems, keeping them for the day I really want something (not a dog in a frok for sure) and would be really mad at losing them in a trap!

RoseMeyer
04-26-12, 05:43 AM
I have over 131 gems

You, my friend, are a careful and cautious tapper.

:)

mushroom79
04-26-12, 06:32 AM
You, my friend, are a careful and cautious tapper.

:)

Well, the 131 gems could have been purchased with hard earned money. And having gem traps is no way to take away such gems. so bad.

pinkster73
04-26-12, 06:38 AM
I won't be updating my app when this comes to Android. And yes I believe this is one thing TL will want Android to have just like ios right away.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-26-12, 06:46 AM
I won't be updating my app when this comes to Android. And yes I believe this is one thing TL will want Android to have just like ios right away.

Noooo, really??
They're nuts, seriously. Some players are going to leave about this and others will make sure they'll never have any gems to spare. Their rating will probably go down, too.
It's such a stupid thing, too. Totally pointless. I keep almost falling into the expansion gem trap but that, at least, gives you an expansion. Fertilizing crops that grow anyway is just such a slap in the face to a player.
Sometimes I wish I could peek into TLs accounts to see if these things really make them more money for a longer term than maybe a week. Since players come and go all the time maybe they really just don't have to care.

farmer1600
04-26-12, 06:52 AM
What they added to farm in today's update is DISGUSTING.

3cala
04-26-12, 06:54 AM
That's just awful. Thanks for warning us!

RoseMeyer
04-26-12, 06:59 AM
Sometimes I wish I could peek into TLs accounts to see if these things really make them more money for a longer term than maybe a week.

They've falling into the Ponzi-scheme gem trap of business. They are dependent on sucking in NEW players who will spend money and give 5star reviews BEFORE they start falling into gem traps and coin bugs etc etc.

App Store gets 30% of in-app sales, so they're caught up in it too.

I guess its cheaper than paying attention to QC and integrity.

SnoEternal
04-26-12, 07:01 AM
I agree. I was thinking about starting farm story but I guess I need to hurry and install before update for Android..if there will ever be one.

MiniLaura
04-26-12, 07:06 AM
Okay, I just reverted to the old version.

* If you haven't yet synced your device to your computer, simply delete FS from your device.

* Check your iTunes app list to make sure that it has file for the 1.9 version of FS (should have the file name: Farm Story 1.9 1.ipa)--if it is there, awesome continue with my instructions. If it is not there, google "restore old version of app ipad" look for a link from tuaw.com for nice clear instructions

* hook up your device to the computer, it will sync but should NOT reinstall FS

* after sync is finished, go to your device in iTunes, click on the "apps" tab, search for FS, click the box next to it.

* sync again (hit apply button)

* you should have the old version back on your device.

joecotta
04-26-12, 07:44 AM
When does the message pop up? These folks make the worst **** sellers look like saints. I've lost 20 gems in Empire Story, And just 2 in this game. Once I finish both games, they'll NEVER see any $ from me. And exactly how many times a day do I get an invite to click "here" for another game? I've already told you HUNDREDS of times, I don't want your other games.

joecotta
04-26-12, 08:03 AM
I just saw the update blurb "Tap on crops to instantly fertilize them" no mention of gems. Uh, I tap my crops to see how much time remains. Especially when 24 hour crops finish in 22 hours.

cakeandpie
04-26-12, 08:23 AM
This is absolutely disgusting. One reason I loved Farm Story was because there were virtually no gem traps! I definitely WON'T be updating-so glad I saw this. But I may just decide to quit playing because not updating is very annoying--you can never again "update all" the apps that need updates and you have to do download the updates ONE AT A TIME.

I am a VERY faithful player, high level in all 4 games I play, and I've been playing since January 2011. But there comes a time when a company acts so disrespectfully to their players that you just have to leave. Repeatedly ignoring our requests for gem confirmations was pretty bad, but this is a whole new level of contempt for their customers.

sourlicorice2
04-26-12, 09:43 AM
I'll be sure not to update unless I'm forced to. But if I lose gems on it if I have to update it then I sure won't be buying gems for farm anymore.

joecotta
04-26-12, 10:40 AM
How do I prevent my iPad from updating? There is NO option on the game screen NOT to install.

sourlicorice2
04-26-12, 10:45 AM
Just got the weekly update message. Went in to see what they were but they weren't there. I'm guessing in order to see them u have to update:-( I'm updating now. Will post back if I can see them after. This update stinks :-(

sourlicorice2
04-26-12, 10:46 AM
And it's slow so will leave over night to update. Will post back first thing in the morning whether I could see the weekly update.

MiniLaura
04-26-12, 11:01 AM
Just got the weekly update message. Went in to see what they were but they weren't there. I'm guessing in order to see them u have to update:-( I'm updating now. Will post back if I can see them after. This update stinks :-(

boo! I reverted to the old version and I'm not getting the update popup at all. Of course, I could be a Tuesday person. I won't know until then.
I did get the limited time offer popup, but didn't try to buy.

However, if I did have the new version, I wouldn't be able to open the game at all.

joecotta
04-26-12, 11:07 AM
There IS a "Tap Again To Manage" square, but who is going to be able to not accidentally double click? It'll bite most everyone. Will it steal all your gems, if you get a bit ahead while harvesting? Greed will **** this company.

Snapenath
04-26-12, 11:25 AM
There IS a "Tap Again To Manage" square, but who is going to be able to not accidentally double click? It'll bite most everyone. Will it steal all your gems, if you get a bit ahead while harvesting? Greed will **** this company.

I can imagine Hector whose flowers are most of the time all grown except a few, losing 20 gems to fertilize about 10 flowers....

yaharalady
04-26-12, 12:21 PM
Ok, I had to see for myself and updated. What a mistake! This is the most brainless update with more gem traps. And some folks are having an awful time getting it to load. I finally rated it and it is not good. Maybe we should all do that and they would fix it.

DAmanding
04-26-12, 12:26 PM
I'm still running the old version and I DID get this week's update. So no worries there. :)

I'm SOOOOOOOOO grateful I read the forum before updating my games!

sourlicorice2
04-26-12, 12:29 PM
Finally finished updating and I can see the updates now. The weekly updates are not so hot either. An apple house (gems), a dog in a raincoat (gems) and a cherry tree (15,000 coins). That's it.

MrsPamB
04-26-12, 03:46 PM
Someone double check this, but it looks like with the update, you no longer get XP when you harvest crops that aren't watered...

kooky panda
04-26-12, 03:47 PM
Someone double check this, but it looks like with the update, you no longer get XP when you harvest crops that aren't watered...

which crop?

MiniLaura
04-26-12, 04:14 PM

For all UNwatered crops:
You get 2 XP for flowers
You get 0 XP for all other crops (all other crops give XP on planting)

It has always been like this.

yairya99
04-26-12, 04:40 PM
I spent gems by mistake when I hit the arrows while trying to harvest.its an obvious. Gem trap. why do we need arrows to expand when we can just go to design tab and expand like we always have.I don't keep gems on farm anymore. I think its funny that the game that voted as most played got the gem trap update.I play Android so I escaped this update for the moment anyway.But I can see that in the future,I can see myself getting angry and qutiting

KingKG
04-26-12, 04:53 PM
Agree this is unnecessary update, i instantly fertilized 8 corn (well my daughter did cause she was having a go at planting stuff)

DO NOT NEED lol

yaharalady
04-26-12, 04:54 PM
Another thing that has changed with the update is that you can not move things 1/2 space. You have to move them a FULL space. This is going to be terrible for those creative people who want to design dimensional effects like stairs, hill,s, etc.

lylahmae
04-26-12, 04:56 PM
I have never felt so privileged to be android!

pinkster73
04-26-12, 06:27 PM
I have never felt so privileged to be android!

Me too! Android no longer wants parity! Noooo!

sourlicorice2
04-26-12, 06:32 PM
Me too! Android no longer wants parity! Noooo!

Lol maybe I should switch to an android.

nmishii
04-26-12, 06:39 PM
Yes, today I'm happy to be playing TL games on an Android.

cakeandpie
04-26-12, 07:40 PM
Can't place things on a half space?!?! This update just keeps getting worse and worse! Soooooo glad I saw this thread before updating!! If I ever accidentally update (by choosing to "update all" my apps), I'm quitting.

Limaxa
04-27-12, 10:23 AM
Yes it's nice.. The whole Game is a gem trap..

dyvrnaz
04-27-12, 10:27 AM
is anyone out there getting the message "you don't have enough gems?" when you do try to use them? I have enough gems for what I want to do but since the download it's giving me this message.

ButterPanda
04-27-12, 03:16 PM
thread has gotten out of hand with non constructive posts. closing thread.