PDA

View Full Version : Why only 3 gems per day

mattyboo1
04-25-12, 03:47 PM
Teamlava why can we only send 3 gems each day

floramina
04-25-12, 04:50 PM
If a nbr Im sending a gem to is already gift maxed, can I resend a gem to someone else? wat if a gem was declined by the recipient? Would i be able to resend?

sweetstuff525
04-25-12, 05:03 PM
okay i need 3 people that will send me a gem everyday and i will send them one everyday too.. pls add me and tell me or pm me thanks

cupcakes4cece
04-25-12, 05:14 PM
if a gem was declined by the recipient?

What kind of idiot neighbor would do that?

floramina
04-25-12, 05:21 PM
What kind of idiot neighbor would do that?

one with chubby fingers and sweaty palms. i have miss clicked on many things in these games 

floramina
04-25-12, 05:42 PM
But seriously, ppl who have a lot of good nbrs are likely to be sent more than 20 gems. In this case, is it of any benefit to decline so that that the sender can gift someone else?

Wat happens to the excess pending gifts? Do they appear in my news the next day or do they lapse and disappear?

sparks229
04-25-12, 05:45 PM
If a person sends more than 3 gems to their neighbors, the system randomly chooses who it gets sent to.

mattyboo1
04-25-12, 07:05 PM
No but why is it like this it's confusing people don't know this

sparks229
04-25-12, 08:10 PM
TL is still a company. In short, MONEY. TL games are free but gems aren't. If you think about it it kind of makes sense. It gets people interested by saying that you can gift gems.

cupcakes4cece
04-25-12, 08:25 PM
But seriously, ppl who have a lot of good nbrs are likely to be sent more than 20 gems. In this case, is it of any benefit to decline so that that the sender can gift someone else?

I wonder how many neighbors are really necessary.

If it's really random, and assuming that all your neighbors select everybody when they gift, and assuming none of your neighbors are clogging your queue by sending something other than gems, then your chances of getting a gem from any one neighbor depends on how many neighbors they have. If they have very few neighbors, your chances of getting a gem is good. But if EVERYONE is going for a huge number of neighbors, YOUR chances decrease, since each of your neighbors has a huge number of neighbors for the game to choose just 3 from.

Based on this, I guess the best strategy would be to add a bunch of newbies every day. They won't have a lot of neighbors yet, and they are probably clueless about the 3-gem limit and are more likely to select all their neighbors when gifting.

Also, I guess the thing we are going to see with this game is people throwing fits about being sent other gifts. I guess in this game, the best thing to do for your neighbors is NOT to send them gifts. That way if your gem didn't reach them, at least you won't bump someone else's gem off their gift queue.

floramina
04-26-12, 03:33 PM
I wonder how many neighbors are really necessary.

If it's really random, and assuming that all your neighbors select everybody when they gift, and assuming none of your neighbors are clogging your queue by sending something other than gems, then your chances of getting a gem from any one neighbor depends on how many neighbors they have. If they have very few neighbors, your chances of getting a gem is good. But if EVERYONE is going for a huge number of neighbors, YOUR chances decrease, since each of your neighbors has a huge number of neighbors for the game to choose just 3 from.

Based on this, I guess the best strategy would be to add a bunch of newbies every day. They won't have a lot of neighbors yet, and they are probably clueless about the 3-gem limit and are more likely to select all their neighbors when gifting.

Also, I guess the thing we are going to see with this game is people throwing fits about being sent other gifts. I guess in this game, the best thing to do for your neighbors is NOT to send them gifts. That way if your gem didn't reach them, at least you won't bump someone else's gem off their gift queue.

Agree with your comments. To make it fair, Im gonna randomly gift 2 gems to the nbrs(most r new low rank players) who gave me gems today (thus they will have a very high chance of getting a getting a gem back) and the 3rd gem will go randomly to the rest of my nbr population (excluding 0 rating).
This 3 gem only rule makes gifting stressful.

mattyboo1
04-26-12, 03:55 PM
There never used to be a three gem rule on THIS GAME IT SAYS everybody but three people are maxed out teamlava if it ha to stay this way please change the way people are notified about this in game

pinksugar800
04-28-12, 04:10 AM
At least we can gift gems!
You'll just have to be a good nbr and suck up to everyone:P
I gotta be with TL in this one...
Maybe you can run contest for best hotel and 3 winners get a gem per day for a week?

sweetstuff525
04-28-12, 04:48 AM
[QUOTE=pinksugar800;295361]At least we can gift gems!
Maybe you can run contest for best hotel and 3 winners get a gem per day for a week?[/QUOTE

What I am doing is writing the name of the ones who send them to me and the next day I sent one gem to them....if already sent 3 I'll send them the next day....I think that's fair don't you?

cbisme
04-28-12, 05:33 AM
i'm trying to do that too, i've already been yelled at for sending other stuff, ill only send stuff if requested, whoever sends me a gem will get one back, easy fix

pinksugar800
04-28-12, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=pinksugar800;295361]At least we can gift gems!
Maybe you can run contest for best hotel and 3 winners get a gem per day for a week?[/QUOTE

What I am doing is writing the name of the ones who send them to me and the next day I sent one gem to them....if already sent 3 I'll send them the next day....I think that's fair don't you?

Yeah! Of course I do:)

sophial
05-20-12, 08:51 AM
Why not unlimited gems as gift? Just like in Dragon story, you can send everybody gold.

sourlicorice2
05-20-12, 09:45 AM
Why not unlimited gems as gift? Just like in Dragon story, you can send everybody gold.

You can't send everybody gold in Dragon Story. It's the same as Pet Hotel. Only 3 gold per day. They rest of your nbrs you can't gift.

sourlicorice2
05-20-12, 09:48 AM
For Pet Hotel I exchange a gem each day with one nbr. The other two gems I alternate sending to a select group. Mainy nbrs I'm nbrs with on the other story games or are regulars on the forum here. The rest of my nbrs will get a gift but not a gem.

PS: I'm not adding anymore nbrs so please don't send an invite. I'll only decline (unless I'm nbrs with you on another story game then I'll accept an invite).

ButterPanda
05-25-12, 04:22 PM
Since Gems are available to purchase for real money, it wouldn't make sense to have the ability to gift unlimited Gems or allow many to be gifted. Our older TL games do not have this option at all. Many players have suggested this so our two new games, PHS and Dragon Story, both have this option.

mattyboo1
05-25-12, 04:25 PM
Since Gems are available to purchase for real money, it wouldn't make sense to have the ability to gift unlimited Gems or allow many to be gifted. Our older TL games do not have this option at all. Many players have suggested this so our two new games, PHS and Dragon Story, both have this option.

In the first week of pet hotel STORY the only limit was 20 max gifts we could gift a many gems as we want and could get 20 gems each day why wa sit changed and why was it unlimited at the start

devylzangyl
05-27-12, 06:17 AM
It still isn't fair that we can't gift all our neighbors. I mean it's only one gem. Not a lot of players can afford to buy gems, so this would be an easy way to get a few. I mean the point of these games are making people happy right?

handyangie
05-27-12, 06:38 AM
Not sure I like the concept of only being able to gift to three neighbors per day. I get the concept that Teamlava needs to make money, but why not have other items to gift then like all the other games. Don't get me wrong it's nice to get the gems and I don't want to change that, but why be a neighbor if you get only 1 gift a day? Also 3 is a pretty low number. You can't get more than 20 as that is the parameters for all these games, so why not make it that?

rosalie_x
06-05-12, 08:04 AM
Teamlava why can we only send 3 gems each day

Teamlava are a company and as such need to make money, if they let us send gems to everyone we wont need to buy them, hence teamlava will go bankrupt , and i dnt want that to happen! love their games too much :D

Imadesi2
06-16-12, 04:26 PM
I think with the cost of expansions we should at least be able to send gems to more or all of our neighbors..

trace35
06-21-12, 04:31 PM
It still isn't fair that we can't gift all our neighbors. I mean it's only one gem. Not a lot of players can afford to buy gems, so this would be an easy way to get a few. I mean the point of these games are making people happy right?

Lol! No!

Chesney4Me
07-02-12, 07:08 AM
I get frustrated with not knowing who I've given gems too everyday! Why cant there be some sort of list for us instead of me having to use reams of paper telling me who've sent to me and what I've sent to them! Also after inviting some to be neighbours they have not accepted, how can I delete their names from my pending list?

kooky panda
07-02-12, 07:23 AM
I get frustrated with not knowing who I've given gems too everyday! Why cant there be some sort of list for us instead of me having to use reams of paper telling me who've sent to me and what I've sent to them! Also after inviting some to be neighbours they have not accepted, how can I delete their names from my pending list?

there is no current option to delete your pending invites.

The way I send out gold.
when I come in the game, I will have in my list ppl that just sent gold that morning and ppl that sent gold over the last 2 days. I go down and visit all of these neighbors first. Then I go to my neighbors list and all of these nbrs are now at the bottom of the list , so I check off each one and send out my gold to all of them. The game will send out the three gold randomly. I do not know who gets the gold, but if they get it and send back the next day then they are on my list again the next day to send gold.

I only have around 4-5 nbrs per day that send so they have good chance of getting one of three I send out.

I wish I had the time to write down everyone and keep track but I do not have this kind of time.

beertjeanita
07-02-12, 07:25 AM
I do not sent gems random i only send gems back to people who send me gem,that works for me.
If i have to send more then 3 gems a day i will send the gem next day.
You can gift gem like any other stuff, just click on gift and select gem to who you wanna send.