PDA

View Full Version : lost food when door blocked

njmkdm
04-25-12, 03:05 PM
help! I am a new player. When I block my door I still lose my food. I spend so much time WORKING to keep any food on the counter that there is no time to PLAY with all the fun machines and food. Have they changer the program or is it just me. I am playing on a kindle if it matters.
thanks,
nita
sweet treats
njmkdm

Rachael98
04-25-12, 03:08 PM
Blocking the door is not a designed feature and will likely result in that.

Don't block the door.

sparks229
04-25-12, 03:11 PM
When you block your door, you experience a quick sale. You can also make a maze with your tables so it takes a longer time for customers to reach the host table. :)

njmkdm
04-25-12, 03:17 PM
so how do you get ahead on food? I see sites with tons of it. Any tips or is it just a matter of lots more ovens?

smuckersmom
04-25-12, 03:23 PM
Are you still profiting from the missing food? I think some items don't actually work blocking the door. Use a table if you need to block the door. Other than that you can slow down customers by creating isles for them to walk through and placing tables and the cash register far away from the door. I have to do that in RS because I can't keep enough food.

Yellowstone67
04-25-12, 03:27 PM
My brother uses his register to block the door and this happened to him. My mom did this once and she lost food too! I suggest NEVER to but the cash register in front to block the door. Use something like a table. I use the daily menu sign that is originally next to my door... since it's close. It works just fine.

GroovyRuss
04-25-12, 04:27 PM
help! I am a new player. When I block my door I still lose my food. I spend so much time WORKING to keep any food on the counter that there is no time to PLAY with all the fun machines and food. Have they changer the program or is it just me. I am playing on a kindle if it matters.
thanks,
nita
sweet treats
njmkdm

but did you get your money?

pastrychef17
04-25-12, 04:31 PM
so how do you get ahead on food? I see sites with tons of it. Any tips or is it just a matter of lots more ovens?

Don't block the door. The game isn't designed to work that way and it's best not to do it.

You will have less of an issue with running out of food as you get to the higher levels. For now, if you really want to keep your counters fully stocked and if you have the time, make brownies on all of your ovens for as long as you have time to keep preparing and serving the 1-minute dish. Or make the other short-term recipes like chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins during the day and only a 6-8 hour recipe overnight. If you have time to play that much.

Believe it or not, there will come a time when you'll have too much food and will wish for all that food to disappear fast.

sparks229
04-25-12, 05:01 PM

Well, that's a nice factor :). I actually close up my bakery for a bit when I was still a bit new. You can ask your neighbors to gift you food. Or bake food that have a good amount of plates.