PDA

View Full Version : "Rate" Fail?

ZekeORama
04-25-12, 01:28 PM
I got the "Rate Farm Story" box today, with a twist. Is anybody else getting this? The text of the box is as follows (I'm not set up to do that fancy picture-posting stuff...)

----------------------------------
Like Farm Story?
Rate it 5 stars!
And please leave a nice comment.

Your kind reviews help us continue to

RATE
----------------------------------

...it looks like they didn't finish that last sentence. I'll attempt that task -- with a great amount of self-control: "Your kind reviews help us continue to bring in more players who might become paying customers". But that doesn't fit on one line.

Anybody else getting a truncated sentence? (Does TL know this makes them look foolish?)

[ running on iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, FS 1.9 ]

pastrychef17
04-25-12, 01:53 PM
I got this pop up on RS a few days ago - the line goes on to say something to the effect of "your kind reviews helps to continue to keep this a free game with awesome content." Obviously I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it. To be honest, I was turned off by the message. The implication was to rate it so it can stay free and if I rate it poorly, it'll be my own fault if it ends up costing something down the road. That's not how to ask for a rating on your product. When asking to be rated, in order for that rating to mean anything, it should be without any sort of coercion or implication on how they want you to rate them. Otherwise it's pointless.

I would be happy to rate them the highest possible rating if there were less bugs, a gem confirmation button and no gem traps.

DAmanding
04-25-12, 02:05 PM
I would be happy to rate them the highest possible rating if there were less bugs, a gem confirmation button and no gem traps.

Ditto. :)

ariesblu
04-25-12, 02:09 PM
Someone posted this about seeing this in fashion story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27653-Rate-us-5-stars-and-leave-a-NICE-comment), and was able to take a picture of it.