PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors and tipping

jojopeanut
04-24-12, 09:57 PM
I finally had a chance to take care of my neighbours after a week of getting a new device and getting myaccount changed. Anyway I noticed that 75% of my neighbours have 0 stars. There shops are tipped not all full so they're collecting . Should I get new neighbours? Oh and I have over 20 neighbours I don't know what the average amount is that players have.Should I post on their walls and ask if theyre still interested in being neighbours?

333paddington
04-24-12, 11:44 PM
The number of nbrs needed depends on your next expansion. I keep that number. I delete 0 star people.

I tip and gift every day and leave msgs on walls, I don't tip those that don't tip me.

Sort out how many you need and press that delete button.

The are plenty of good nbrs out there, get some new ones.

laVirtualCloset
04-25-12, 05:33 AM
The number of nbrs needed depends on your next expansion. I keep that number. I delete 0 star people.

I tip and gift every day and leave msgs on walls, I don't tip those that don't tip me.

Sort out how many you need and press that delete button.

The are plenty of good nbrs out there, get some new ones.

Totally agree

MizCricket
04-25-12, 07:16 PM
I finally had a chance to take care of my neighbours after a week of getting a new device and getting myaccount changed. Anyway I noticed that 75% of my neighbours have 0 stars. There shops are tipped not all full so they're collecting . Should I get new neighbours? Oh and I have over 20 neighbours I don't know what the average amount is that players have.Should I post on their walls and ask if theyre still interested in being neighbours?

Unless you really need the extra cash from tipping, i would keep the 0 star nbrs. You need so many to expand and it takes so long to visit them all, i don't mind having some nbrs that don't tip so i don't have to visit them all. Most of my nonvisiting nbrs do gift which is fine with me. :-)

lollyloo123
04-26-12, 03:42 AM
You can always add new neighbours, I'd get ones who are active at tipping and gifting - theres no real point in keeping the 0 star rated ones lol

laVirtualCloset
04-26-12, 05:29 AM
You can always add new neighbours, I'd get ones who are active at tipping and gifting - theres no real point in keeping the 0 star rated ones lol

Agreed, there r multiple request daily from visitors wanting to be nbrs. You should have no problem finding replacements.

lollyloo123
04-26-12, 08:36 AM
Agreed, there r multiple request daily from visitors wanting to be nbrs. You should have no problem finding replacements.

I have people requesting to be my neighbour from adding me off here, it might only be to look at my store, but you can still accept :)

jojopeanut
04-26-12, 11:44 AM
I have people requesting to be my neighbour from adding me off here, it might only be to look at my store, but you can still accept :)

Yea I get that all the time new players love my shop and wanna be nieghbors I think they see my boutique name in the community area. Anway I most decline them. I would love to see your shop lollyloo Maybe you could put a new pic up in the show off your boutique thread :) I've never looked your boutique up or neighbor request. BTW :) Would also love to see laVirtualCloset :)

laVirtualCloset
04-27-12, 09:40 AM
BTW :) Would also love to see laVirtualCloset :)

Okay, this is my latest version. It's really three mini shops: bridal, exlusive (partially discountined items and the make-up), and the fairy shop. Since I plan to use coins for my next three expansions, the choices are based upon $5 items. The only $2 items are make-up and discountinued items I thought were more somewhat of a nod to fashion.

http://i45.tinypic.com/357eds0.png

pika4ever88
04-27-12, 10:01 AM
I think the best answer really depends on yourself. There are general guidelines but no one-fit all solution. :3.

First decide, do you plan on being a regular gifting OR regular gifter and tipper? If the first, 0 star neighbors are good until you get to the biggest expansion you want and then time for spring cleaning. Or if you want to devote time to it, do regular spring cleaning by wall posting on those who you think may be dead and be sure to keep in mind those who gift but just don't tip. (I do though delete those who are active, have a decent star rating, yet don't visit me even though I'm a regular...)

If you're the later, then I think you "deserve" neighbors who are like minded. Either keep the active nontippers around for gifts/expansion reasons or get yourself enough tipping neighbors you can handle. When you're done with neighbors for expanding, don't have too many neighbors beyond 25-30 unless this is the only game you play and have the time to be a good neighbor to all. It's unnecessary for gifts, parts, or goals (if you play on an iOS) and might even make you feel like the game's a chore and can make your goal system buggy.

Of course, these are just two ways of looking at it and there's other factors of neighbor picking that are certainly valid.

Do keep in mind, star rating and full likes/half-full likes doesn't necessarily equate dead or active. I have 0 star neighbors who gift me, they just aren't the visiting type and I reciprocate back by gifting but not visiting. Then I had (recently did a spring cleaning since I bought the old max expansion and that was my goal) 4 star neighbors who were dead as a doornail. I organized a lot of this information for all the games, including star rating on my site.

jojopeanut
04-27-12, 10:48 AM
Okay, this is my latest version. It's really three mini shops: bridal, exlusive (partially discountined items and the make-up), and the fairy shop. Since I plan to use coins for my next three expansions, the choices are based upon $5 items. The only $2 items are make-up and discountinued items I thought were more somewhat of a nod to fashion.

http://i45.tinypic.com/357eds0.png

Very nice gorgeous :) Love how you have it split up a shop in a shop Very nice color scheme. I hope someday they bring some items back I would rally like the the rain model mannequin display.

laVirtualCloset
04-27-12, 03:06 PM
Very nice gorgeous :) Love how you have it split up a shop in a shop Very nice color scheme. I hope someday they bring some items back I would rally like the the rain model mannequin display.

Thank you! My previous floor plan allowed me to block off much more inventory so it was easier to stock than my current floor plan. The shop within a shop has helped me to keep my sales per hour up and gives me some flexibility to close off part of the store if necessary to restock. If you're referring to the Coat Dress Display in the center of my shop, that came from the Bundle Up box which I think is still available.

jojopeanut
04-27-12, 03:24 PM
Thank you! My previous floor plan allowed me to block off much more inventory so it was easier to stock than my current floor plan. The shop within a shop has helped me to keep my sales per hour up and gives me some flexibility to close off part of the store if necessary to restock. If you're referring to the Coat Dress Display in the center of my shop, that came from the Bundle Up box which I think is still available.

Ah yes..Ok well I"llhave to look into that box haven't opened it yet. My shop right now I'm having sale with part of my store blocked off. One day I might redesign store within a store. It looks much more attractive that way. I seem to always have to keep a "stock room" with one complete catalog I'm working on to get the right amount of inventory before ready for sale. Maybe I'm crazy..lol probabley but I like to start out with 30 thousand per reack and counter then I only have to make one full catalog order a week for those items. everyone has their own way they like to run their boutique though.