PDA

View Full Version : How Many neighbors do you have?

velvetfog82
04-24-12, 05:10 PM
It used to take around 30 min to tip everybody back in the day but now i have 146 and it seems to be like a 2nd job to tip everybody. How much time are other people spending just tipping people?

RoseMeyer
04-24-12, 05:21 PM
None i gave it up. I tipped everybody everydayfor a few weeks. Got sick ofit. I put myextra tip ta les in storage and stoppedcollecting them.

amymcc
04-24-12, 05:24 PM
I prefer to keep around 25-30 neighbors. But I have a lot more now because of the neighbor requirements for expansions.

DAmanding
04-24-12, 05:42 PM
I just cut all mine back to 20-26 in each of my three games the other day. Next time I need more for expansions I'll take a tip from Lueann and ask for temporary neighbors in the Add Me forum. No muss, no fuss that way. With such short lists I can keep up with daily tipping all my neighbors.

If you want to cut down your effort but still be a tipper you could either skip tipping anyone below 3 stars or just delete them outright depending on your preference. Or you could just return only the tips you get.

Personally I fail to see the necessity of having large numbers of neighbors. You can only receive 20 gifts and only send 20 material requests a day. It only takes tipping about 22? neighbors a day to maintain a 4 star rating. Its a good idea to have a few more than 20 neighbors in case you're in a hurry for parts or not all are available for tipping, (maybe some are on vacation or something), or maybe you want more options to choose from in gifts received. But having a whole bunch beyond that just seems unnecessary to me. But to each their own. :)

keviPad
04-24-12, 06:03 PM
Wow. So refreshing to hear from you guys. I too only keep 20-25 neighbors. I dont see having hundreds of neighbors a necessity either.

I am currently level 97, 4-Star, and have 26 appliance slots. I tip and gift all neighbors daily. I enjoy having good quality neighbors and am able to keep a better relationship with each of them. I rarely chat but I we do joke around once in awhile.

I finish all holiday goals/quests in a timely manor. What gets me through the goals quickly is the number of appliances. Never difficulty with requests. I have 20 of each oven-stove-grill and 1-4 of each of the others.

I do admit I payed in gems to have my restaurant fully expanded.

It takes me around 10-15 minutes a to tip/message all neighbors. I collect tips and tip non-neighbors throughout the day. The tipping of the non-neighbors helps me maintain my 4-star. For the most part tipping the 20-25 neighbors keeps me at 4-Star.

kancilkiller
04-24-12, 06:15 PM
I have 50 nbrs now, these are my Aces of Spades.

1. Tip everyone daily
2. State request of the day on their wall daily (I have different gift request daily to ensure all my parts count are balanced)

They respond to my daily request, and I almost received what I asked for daily from 20 out of 50 of them.

pastrychef17
04-24-12, 07:28 PM
I'm a level 97, 4-star player. I have 38 neighbors in RS and am unlikely to add more because I don't have time to be a good neighbor to more than that. I have a few 0 star neighbors who never tip so I don't tip them either but we gift each other parts daily. Everyone else I usually tip almost everyday. I also gift everyday but some neighbors are maxed so I never get a gift through to them.

leptoon
04-24-12, 11:50 PM
It seems to me like there isn't a limit on the number of part requests you can send, cause I have 64 neighbors and I can send part requests to all of them (and get parts from those requests, far more than 20). So I'm not sure where you're getting that information...

JohnDede
04-25-12, 07:54 AM
I keep about 50 (more or less). I guess I'm the odd man out, but I consider tipping as part of the game, and tip all everyday. If I decide I won't spend that much time tipping, then I'll just lower the number I keep. For now though, those I give the boot are the ones that can't be bothered clearing the tips off their tables. If they're moving their food around, requesting parts, or passing out unneeded parts as their neighborly deed, and can't be bothered picking up free coin and XP, they're just slowing my game. To each, his (or her) own.

DAmanding
04-25-12, 09:56 AM
It seems to me like there isn't a limit on the number of part requests you can send, cause I have 64 neighbors and I can send part requests to all of them (and get parts from those requests, far more than 20). So I'm not sure where you're getting that information...

You can send out hundreds of parts requests on your end, but the system will only send 20 on the backend and put the rest on queue for the next day when it will send 20 more and so on. As a result some of your neighbors may be getting your requests up to several days after you sent it. Sending out too many has been known to completely clog the system for days. I had problems with it until I realized this when trying to get goals done. I had to stop sending requests and let the system clear. A neighbor of mine was sending 200 parts requests a day to get new appliances built and didn't receive any parts back, none of her neighbors were getting the requests. After I explained this to her she also had to stop sending requests and wait a day or two. Then the requests started getting through and she started receiving parts.

trinityblaze
04-25-12, 10:56 AM
I'm a 4 star player with 120 neighbors. Wayyy too many. I'm getting extremely bored of tipping people with no reciprocity. Tipping is a tedious job on its own. I know I have to cut down and I will soon. Becoming too much of a hassle.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-25-12, 01:05 PM
Right now, about 50. I had 57, but tired of neighbors who always had full tables, never tipped, but didn't have a problem with requesting items for a build. Other than their requests, I never saw their names, so I removed them. I'm an active player, I work and have a life outside Bakery Story and feel that if I can manage to clear tables, tip my neighbors, send them gifts and not let food spoil, so can most anyone else. Gift giving is so limited. Limited in amount (number per day) and gifts in general. It would be nice if the 20 per day was increased, so that those of us who gift our neighbors daily, would be able to do so. I receive sooo many brownies, croissants and chocolate cake. I understand about these gifts and new members, but someone with a 66 or 80+ level ... really???

smuckersmom
04-25-12, 02:32 PM
I have 94 neighbors now. I only tip the people who have left messages on my wall since I last checked it and 4 star neighbors. I usually delete 0-1 star neighbors once a week, but most of my neighbors are 3-4 stars anyways.

mama2five
04-27-12, 11:15 AM
I have 81 and think that's way too many. I'm on level 27. When I first started playing I put a post in the add me section, and I received so many requests, and still do. I only tip half my neighbors everyday. That way they're getting tips from me every other day. I gift them and accept all their requests everyday though. I have 48 neighbors in BS and that's better for me. Also, I weed out inactive players often. If I see them inactive for several days and/or them not tipping or gifting me at all, then I delete them. However, I do check their walls before I delete because some people may be on vacation or have some other thing going on, and they will post that on their walls.

lin77
04-27-12, 07:06 PM
I just cut all mine back to 20-26 in each of my three games the other day. Next time I need more for expansions I'll take a tip from Lueann and ask for temporary neighbors in the Add Me forum. No muss, no fuss that way. With such short lists I can keep up with daily tipping all my neighbors.

If you want to cut down your effort but still be a tipper you could either skip tipping anyone below 3 stars or just delete them outright depending on your preference. Or you could just return only the tips you get.

Personally I fail to see the necessity of having large numbers of neighbors. You can only receive 20 gifts and only send 20 material requests a day. It only takes tipping about 22? neighbors a day to maintain a 4 star rating. Its a good idea to have a few more than 20 neighbors in case you're in a hurry for parts or not all are available for tipping, (maybe some are on vacation or something), or maybe you wa
nt more options to choose from in gifts received. But having a whole bunch beyond that just seems unnecessary to me. But to each their own. :)

I completely agree w/ u! I only have 36 and don't want anymore since you can only request parts from 20 nbrs and get gifts from 20 of them in a 24 hr period....so what's the point of having more?

You know I just completely agreed w/ you now on 2 topics.....so does this mean you will add me now? Lol. :p

tanisha1234
04-27-12, 10:47 PM
I'm a lv 48 player with 59 neighbors, and I'm always up for more, but that's just me. I used to have well over 100, but over time I started to delete players with 0 and 1 star ratings, 2 stars if they haven't been tipping me back at all. For me, tipping is part of the game and I enjoy that aspect of community so that's why I like having quite a few to tip.

It's always quality not quantity though, having 20 nbrs who tip and gift everyday is a thousand times better than having a 100 who rarely do.

3squares
04-27-12, 11:53 PM
I have 160 neighbors. I gift them all, but I only tip those who tip back, and sometimes I tip in "the community". I keep plenty of 0 star neighbors who are Level 96 or higher: i like going to their restaurants and seeing how they have decorated. I don't care if they tip me. Collecting tips is a hassle at this point. I delete neighbors who have Zero stars but well below level 96, or who have been inactive for weeks. having lots of neighbors, I get plenty of parts when requested.

jensteed
05-01-12, 11:44 PM
I'm at level 83 and I have 33 neighbours. I keep at 4star ranking and tip and gift each day. I have certain people I chat to each day, so I tend to get caught up in that which means tipping can still take about 3 hours. Some have become very good friends, and I found my (now) boyfriend playing this. Love really can appear in the unlikliest places :-D

Earth2Table
06-05-12, 10:34 AM
Ok, I think I am the King of Over****. I have, (God, I can't believe I am stating this), 242 neighbors! Egads! What is a guy to do in a case like this? I have been playing just a couple months, and at Level 42. I think, based on info in this 'thread', that it is time to 'cull the heard'. I guess I should cut/copy/paste a message on each neighbor's wall, letting them know I am removing those that cannot maintain a 3-4 star rating. And let them have a few days to read message and boost their rating before culling them.

Maybe, after this, I won't be spending 3-4 hours tipping all of them.

Thanks for all the info.

sourlicorice2
06-05-12, 11:11 AM
Ok, I think I am the King of Over****. I have, (God, I can't believe I am stating this), 242 neighbors! Egads! What is a guy to do in a case like this? I have been playing just a couple months, and at Level 42. I think, based on info in this 'thread', that it is time to 'cull the heard'. I guess I should cut/copy/paste a message on each neighbor's wall, letting them know I am removing those that cannot maintain a 3-4 star rating. And let them have a few days to read message and boost their rating before culling them.

Maybe, after this, I won't be spending 3-4 hours tipping all of them.

Thanks for all the info.

I wouldn't post that message on their wall. I'd just silently delete them. It may lead to some unnecessary nasty comments if u do. But that's just my opinion.

sourlicorice2
06-05-12, 11:13 AM
I have 53 nbrs and occasionally delete a few now and then.

PS: please don't add me. I'll only decline it thx.

jensteed
06-05-12, 03:16 PM
I used to keep a very strict 4* neighbours only policy, had it written plainly on my wall and told any prospective new additions beforehand. It's a good system if you're only keeping a low amount of numbers and the vast majority of my neighbours have had no problem with it. It leaves you with more time for your good neighbours who visit every day rather than a 0* who only plays once a week and barely tips.
if someone dropped to 3* I'd put up a polite reminder if they stayed like that, then wait for a few days to see if they improved. Most of them do or would give a reason why (eg holiday) I've always found it to be a good system with very little drama (mostly)

sourlicorice2
06-05-12, 04:16 PM
I'm more easy going. I prefer 3-4 star nbrs but have plenty below that. I'd never post on nbrs walls if they didn't stay at a level 4 I'd delete them. If someone posted that on mine if I fell to a 3 I'd probably delete them. Though if a nbr doesn't tip or gift at all after a month or so then I just delete silently. I don't feel the need to tell them I'm deleting them. I do check their wall for any messages they have posted as they could b having Internet connections, on holiday. In which case I'll keep them till they come back. Unless they don't come back for 5 months (which happened) then I'll leave my ID on their wall in case they do come back. Especially if they were a good nbr before.

talensnana
12-01-12, 01:02 PM
I guess we all have a learning curve. In the beginning I accepted everyone as nbrs. Got up to over 350. That was way to many. A few days ago I deleted my 0-2 neighbors and got the number to under 200. I am going to continent this process until I get to a comfortable number (around 75).

I am one of those people who enjoy tipping and seeing the different bakeries. I must say I enjoy the ones that look like someplace I would like to visit, and are not just a bunch of tables. I do leave Wall messages because the Newsfeed is so unreliable. I have enjoyed getting to know my neighbors from all over the world.

I will continue playing until its no longer fun. Hopefully that is for a long time.

Zellyflower
12-01-12, 09:16 PM
I use to have 300 neighbours! TOOK ME FOREVER even to gift all of them! Right now I have 170?! Yeah, popular place, coz in like the first week I already have 4 stars!

chewytwix
12-02-12, 07:11 AM
I'm more easy going. I prefer 3-4 star nbrs but have plenty below that. I'd never post on nbrs walls if they didn't stay at a level 4 I'd delete them. If someone posted that on mine if I fell to a 3 I'd probably delete them. Though if a nbr doesn't tip or gift at all after a month or so then I just delete silently. I don't feel the need to tell them I'm deleting them. I do check their wall for any messages they have posted as they could b having Internet connections, on holiday. In which case I'll keep them till they come back. Unless they don't come back for 5 months (which happened) then I'll leave my ID on their wall in case they do come back. Especially if they were a good nbr before.

Haha I feel special then =)

LalaSmooth
12-02-12, 01:13 PM
256 neighbors

fondos2011
12-02-12, 01:22 PM
I have only 32 neighbours but I dont need more really. I gift them everyday and tip only the nbs who tip me. I dont care about the star rating as long as they gift me and answer my request :)

(Dont add me, please :) )

starstar2
12-02-12, 04:43 PM
40 neighbours.
Tip all daily but without leaving msg on their wall
Gift them all daily. (Will fulfill their gift requests if they post on my wall daily)

Spent about 20 minutes daily on this.

fashionland23
12-03-12, 08:18 PM
im on lvl 37 and i have about 25-30 neighbors that i tip and gift daily. not all of my neighbors are able to tip me back but they send gifts and respond to request on a timely basis and that's all i can hope for. i had almost 100 neighbors but it waaassss like having a second job trying to tip everyone. the best time i find to tip and gift is early in the am when teamlava resets the system. it's easier also to get through the system (faster) that early in the morning but then im not much of a sleeper. i also play pet story, city story, and bs so it's easier to keep a few neighbors, thats all u need anyway.

fashionland23
12-03-12, 08:22 PM
i leave messages on neighbors walls but something quick because the system lags but not on other walls. i find that if you have a 3 or 4 star rating, u will always recv tips because they are the first ones posted on the community list.

aliadri22
12-04-12, 07:22 PM
I have 202 neighbors & it takes me awhile but I tip everyone everyday :) ...same with my bakery! I have 222 neighbors on bakery.

howdy2you
12-04-12, 08:17 PM
I have 30 neighbors in resto. My star level drops sometimes so I don't mind if someone deletes me. I play bakery 60, castle 250, home design 250, farm 50, city metro 250, pet shop 20. I know that's pretty crazy! Bakery resto and farm are tricky because I always gift back what is sent to me. And I check in often to accept part request. Maybe 20% of neighbors quit and I wouldn't even know. Lol ignorance is bliss! I accept anyone as a neighbor, even French toast gifters! Lol

jusey
12-06-12, 08:21 AM
i have 4 stars and have 284 neighboors and i try to tip the most every single day... and i also send gifts every day... My star level doesn't drop because i have so many to tip.