PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having this problem?...

blueree
04-23-12, 01:18 PM
I'm thisclose to uninstalling the app from my Android phone, but I think the problem is my phone and not the actual game.

At first everything was fine, I would connect to the game through my home wi-fi with no problems. Then, after about a month or so, I would start receiving an error message stating that I didn't have a connection when I was still connected through the wi-fi and the wi-fi was fine (I looked at the router every time I would receive the message and the wi-fi isn't the problem. I access Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, etc. daily and have no problems).

Then I started turning the wi-fi on my phone completely off, and connecting through my 3G connection. This was fine at first too, but now for the past week or so, the following things have been taking place:

- I constantly receive a "your bakery is out of sync" message. However, I can't hit ok to make the message go away like I used to. Instead now it just freezes.

- It seems as though every time I try to either 1) delete a message from my wall, 2) gift my neighbors, 3) honor their material requests, 4) visit my neighbors or any other member in the community I get stuck on the processing screen.

- When I get stuck on the processing screen or out of sync message, I either have to manually stop the application from running by going to my phone's settings menu or I have to take the battery out of my phone and "reboot" it.

When I manually stop the application and I go back into the game, it always "forgets" about stuff that I've already done and reverts back to a previous state, e.g. something that I put in the oven an hour ago is now gone as if I never did it. So sometimes I think my items are cooking only to go back into my bakery hours later to discover that they in fact aren't.

It's to the point where I don't want to visit my neighbors or anyone else that has tipped my bakery because once I am stuck on the processing screen and have to either stop the app or take out my battery, once I go back into the game I have to put everything back in my ovens, etc. all over again and collect all the tips that I had just collected before the game froze.

Heck, even last night I felt myself getting sleepy so I stopped the items from cooking that I knew were going to be done soon and chose all new stuff that would be done in like 8 hours, only to wake up this morning to flies in my bakery as if I had never done anything.

I'm probably leaving out some stuff too. Bottom line I really like this game and don't want to uninstall it, but it's becoming more frustrating than it is fun and I don't know what to do.

Sorry for the "novel" I just typed, just really frustrated. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? With an android phone maybe?

Thanks

greygull
04-23-12, 01:40 PM
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game? Have you moved it to the SD card? Do you use a task ****er/manager?

blueree
04-23-12, 01:47 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly.

I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling the game as of yet because I'm afraid that with my luck I'll lose everything.

I haven't moved it to my SD card because I don't have any space, but can try to free up some space if that would fix the problem. I think I also have an extra SD card that came with my phone.

I don't use a task/****er manager. Whenever I want to manually stop it from running on my phone, I do the following path: Menu/Settings/Manage Applications/Bakery Story/Force Stop. Then I go back into the game, sometimes I wait a few minutes.

greygull
04-23-12, 01:54 PM
Your progress is saved on TLs servers - you won't lose anything. I have done it myself many times.
If you can make space, it will help your phones memory.
I use a task ****er to stop the other apps that are running. Even if I haven't touched my phone in a while, it ****s 10-15 apps. If you download one, make sure you look through what all it ****s before you press it - I didn't know that at first, and ****ed my alarm clock :)

blueree
04-23-12, 02:13 PM
I'll definitely give your suggestions a try. Thanks so much!

DAmanding
04-24-12, 05:20 PM
If you download one, make sure you look through what all it ****s before you press it - I didn't know that at first, and ****ed my alarm clock :)

If you had an iDevice it would be smart enough to still make your alarm ring even if you force closed the app. :p ;)

DaojinWildfire
04-25-12, 05:29 PM
It's possible that your device may not be able to handle the games as we continually update them with new contents/features. The device you have is rather uncommon, which makes it difficult to support, since there are so many different Android devices.