PDA

View Full Version : Lots of broken hearts

amppma8
04-22-12, 08:55 PM
(I initially posted this in FS discussion - a mod might want to go delete that thread.)

This bug (?) seemed to appear today 4/22.

My customers come into the shop, look in the mirror or try items on and then the broken heart appears above them and they leave. My heart number is still at 100; broken-heart girls leaving the store do not cause it to change.

For every girl who hearts and buys an item, there are about five who leave.

What's this about?

I'm running on Android, Samsung Captivate, version 1.3.7.03

tones22
04-23-12, 01:17 AM
Did you accidentally have your cash register blocked? That's usually the main reason for the broken heart after looking in the mirror/trying something on.

BOUDOIR100
04-28-12, 07:38 AM
Yes,my cash register is blocked!what can I do?

RoseMeyer
04-28-12, 07:46 AM
Move the thing thats blicking it...

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-28-12, 07:46 AM
(I initially posted this in FS discussion - a mod might want to go delete that thread.)

This bug (?) seemed to appear today 4/22.

My customers come into the shop, look in the mirror or try items on and then the broken heart appears above them and they leave. My heart number is still at 100; broken-heart girls leaving the store do not cause it to change.

For every girl who hearts and buys an item, there are about five who leave.

What's this about?

I'm running on Android, Samsung Captivate, version 1.3.7.03

Maybe she bought what the other five wanted and they are mad???

BOUDOIR100
04-28-12, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=BOUDOIR100;295455] my cash register is blocked ,i didn't get any cash all day, all customers are with broken heart.what can I do to solve this problem?

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-28-12, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=BOUDOIR100;295455] my cash register is blocked ,i didn't get any cash all day, all customers are with broken heart.what can I do to solve this problem?

Unblock your register. Either move whatever is blocking it or move the register. :)

kooky panda
04-28-12, 03:34 PM
my cash register is blocked ,i didn't get any cash all day, all customers are with broken heart.what can I do to solve this problem?

Make sure there is enough room behind the cash register for your salesperson to stand. Also make sure nothing is in front of the register.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-30-12, 07:51 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot you gotta have space for the person to run the register. lol

ktbumpn
05-19-12, 06:27 AM
I have 7 changing rooms and 9 mirrors. I have 2 registers now and both are not blocked. People still leave with broken hearts :( my shop name is The Tique. Does anyone have an idea why people are leaving with no purchase?

ktbumpn
05-21-12, 04:59 PM
bump to an answer....please

airinnne
05-23-12, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Customers are in front of the mirror, or go to the changing rooms, and still, end up leaving with broken hearts. The cash register is not blocked. What is going on?

kooky panda
05-23-12, 11:17 AM
I have 7 changing rooms and 9 mirrors. I have 2 registers now and both are not blocked. People still leave with broken hearts :( my shop name is The Tique. Does anyone have an idea why people are leaving with no purchase?

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Customers are in front of the mirror, or go to the changing rooms, and still, end up leaving with broken hearts. The cash register is not blocked. What is going on?

can you guys post pictures of your stores?

airinnne
05-23-12, 11:35 AM
I even bought another cash in case there were too many customers for just one ):

The cash registers are not blocked... or are they? by the tables at the sides?? /:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/pnkslp67/Random/airinnne_fsStore.jpg

kooky panda
05-23-12, 11:47 AM
Airinne

Try moving one your registers. Also try switching one dressing room with one mirror

airinnne
05-23-12, 12:29 PM
Did the changes and moved some things around but still no luck.

It's really weird because I had no problem before, when I had everything placed like in the first pic. Hopefully there is a fix or some tricky thing to do so it goes back to normal /: ...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/pnkslp67/Random/airinnne_fsstore01.jpg

snjchick79
05-23-12, 12:35 PM
Have enough registers depending on place size. Have nothing blocking because unlike restaurant or bakery story; in fs u need a person on the register. Best of luck!

airinnne
05-23-12, 12:47 PM
Yeah, right now, I have someone on both registers, however the problem is still going on. Regarding the number of registers...hmm, I just bought the 2nd one as I saw it suggested in other posts, but did no change. My store was running very well but the bug just appear a couple of days ago.

kooky panda
05-23-12, 01:53 PM
Yeah, right now, I have someone on both registers, however the problem is still going on. Regarding the number of registers...hmm, I just bought the 2nd one as I saw it suggested in other posts, but did no change. My store was running very well but the bug just appear a couple of days ago.

Try one more thing. Try moving all your counters and racks to the center of the store.

Also it looks like shoppers are going behind your cashiers. Try backing up the registers so the salesperson is against the wall so none of the shoppers can walk behind them.
Here is a little tidbit from DW on the designing your store.

When you changed up the layout of your boutique by adding changing rooms and mirrors, you may have reduced the pathway efficiency. I'll try to explain how this mechanic works so that you will understand, so please bear with me if it sounds confusing.

If you have inventory in your store, then a customer can do 2 things.

1. Go to a mirror
2. Go to a changing room

When a customer decides to do one of these tasks, they will reserve the mirror or changing room, which means that another NPC, even if they are closer, cannot access that mirror/room.

For example, there's an NPC near the top of the boutique and she decides to go to a changing room. The one she reserves happens to be at the very bottom of the store. Since this room has been reserved by the NPC, no one else can use it. And since the distance is really long, top of the store to bottom (not to mention complicated pathways with decorations), the travel time for this NPC would be long. This long travel/access time reduces the amount of NPCs that can access this room per min/hour. This decreased rate will result in lower sales.

To make your pathway and layout more efficient, try placing your changing rooms and mirrors closing to the center of the store, but with pathways in between.

stefytab
06-14-12, 06:29 PM
I am having the same problem. I am not sure how to post a picture of my store but I have rearranged about 30 times and nothing helps. My product is barelly moving and I am making very little money

bobbyrae
06-14-12, 07:16 PM
More changing rooms and mirrors. That is what i suggest. Three changing rooms and three mirrors are not enough. Add some wall mirrors and make sure there is nothing in front of them and add about two or three more changing rooms. That should solve the problem.
And you don't need another cashier, really.