PDA

View Full Version : Save Data (Tech Question)

katie344
04-22-12, 05:19 PM
Hi, I have had some issues with my save data for Fashion Story. I used to have a 2G iPod Touch, and I played the game on there. When I got a new 4G iPod, I restored the back-up from my old iPod to the new one. All my other apps transferred over, however this one did not. When I opened the app, I found that I had to start over from the beginning.

Now, I just got a MacBook Pro, and I want to make that the primary syncing computer for my iPod. Normally, this would be no problem, but since I had troubles with losing my data before, I'm worried. When you switch computers like I want to do, it replaces the content on the iPod(which, of course, includes my apps) with whatever content is on the computer. So before I do this first sync, I transferred all the apps to the computer.

After that is done, I can sync the iPod like I would normally. But for this first sync, a massive change will take place in the iPod's data. All the apps and their code will be deleted and overwritten with the apps that are on the MacBook. In this case, all the apps must then connect the new software to the old save data- usually this goes without a problem.

(My brother has already done this with his new MacBook and iPod, and all the data came out fine. He doesn't play Fashion Story though...)

But when restoring a back-up to a new iPod, the process is quite similar. The only difference is that the app data and save data are the same age, however they are transferred separately, and it doesn't look Fashion Story reads the old data well.

So was this just a glitch the time it messed up? If so, I would hope I could do the sync and find my data intact, as it will be for all my other apps. But if there is an error (or at least an inefficiency) in the way Fashion Story reads save data, it is likely that I will lose all my game progress.

In short, I just want know if it's normal or not to lose Fashion Story data when restoring. If anyone can clarify this for me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!;)

nmishii
04-22-12, 05:22 PM
Your game cannot be restored from a backup. You need to transfer your game from your old device to a new one. Here's a thread on what you need to do to get your game on your new device:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device

neriahtheglamgirl
11-05-13, 10:02 PM
How did u transfer your data

meme1098
11-06-13, 07:23 AM
How did u transfer your data

That link no longer works. Try this one:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?42962-Have-a-new-device-Restore-your-original-account-here!
It's very easy to do yourself.
Another option:
If you play restaurant story, you do a transfer thru it. Under the social tab tap invite friends and tap 'log into another account'. All your games will then transfer. This is really the easiest way to move between accounts.
Good luck.

meme1098
11-06-13, 07:28 AM
It only takes a few taps to get the Restaurant story game started. Send a nbr request to your other account and then give your restaurant a name. Be sure to set a password for it then as well so you can still use that account to send your main account gifts & requests you might need.