PDA

View Full Version : Gate, wall and landscape gone for good???

DerGelbeKaiser
04-22-12, 06:32 AM
I'm not sure when the wall, entrygate and the surrounding landscape have disappeared but I'm wondering if they are gone for good?
While it is a bit of a pity because it all looks a bit bland now, it does have the advantage that I can design my zoo the way I want it and put the entrance more towards the middle. And without the wall the future expansions look less annoying, too.
I do need to reorganize my zoo - which has become a bit of a mess - but I'd be pretty annoyed if I build lanes and whatnot and the find the entrance somewhere else with another update.

Does anybody know anything about this?

pinkster73
04-22-12, 08:36 AM
In pet story they took away all my beautiful surrounding neighborhood and made it a solid puke green color to "improve game play" due to me using "a lower end device".

You are probably "lower end" like me. Welcome!

DerGelbeKaiser
04-22-12, 08:55 AM
Samsung Galaxy S - not state of the art like the Samsung Galaxy SII but not exactly a 'lower end decvice' - and since that change (or roughly in that timeframe) the game has been force closing and freezing my phone occasionally. I miss the lake and the gate but I can build my own hedgewall and gate with two towers - it woudl just be really annyoing to actually do all this and then find the entrance again with a different update.

Do you play Zoo as actively as you play Farm? I'm kind of dabbling with it but there isn't really enough in terms of decorating for my taste and it's really frustrating to not be able to rotate the habitats.

pinkster73
04-22-12, 09:21 AM
I don't play zoo. And I don't have a lower end device. Except to TL. By the way my lower end device used to have a pretty surrounding neighborhood in pet just fine. Until a couple weeks ago.

driftboutique
04-22-12, 11:58 AM
How bizarre! I do have a lower-end device but I still have all my landscaping in both games. It sounds like they are serving a slimmer version for devices that can't handle the graphics as well but that it's not working very well.

My suggestion, if TL wants to offer a low-fi version to prevent crashing, is to let the user decide. This would be a very sensible thing to add to the settings. I personally would be displeased to see all the landscaping disappear -- I really like it and that's one of the reasons I've decided to invest money into these games. I would not be pleased to have it taken away from me as a fix for performance issues that I might not even have.

pinkster73
04-22-12, 12:21 PM
How bizarre! I do have a lower-end device but I still have all my landscaping in both games. It sounds like they are serving a slimmer version for devices that can't handle the graphics as well but that it's not working very well.

My suggestion, if TL wants to offer a low-fi version to prevent crashing, is to let the user decide. This would be a very sensible thing to add to the settings. I personally would be displeased to see all the landscaping disappear -- I really like it and that's one of the reasons I've decided to invest money into these games. I would not be pleased to have it taken away from me as a fix for performance issues that I might not even have.

Exactly. It's ugly now, and it changed nothing for me game wise.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-22-12, 01:28 PM

The really bizarre thing is that I do have performance issues now that I didn't have before (at least not as far as I can remember)
I don't have the very latest gingerbreadversion but that's about it.
Well, never mind. I'll build my own gate and place it where I want it.

pinkster73
04-22-12, 02:38 PM
I DO have gingerbread! Give me back my neighborhood!