PDA

View Full Version : Welcome mats

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 09:10 PM
The welcome mats that can be gifted are an inventory item with no building attached.

Since they're already designed and ready, perhaps the game could be adjusted to allow us to use them as decorations.

I wouldn't mind having a welcome mat in front of the door to my farm house.

pinkster73
04-21-12, 10:35 PM
What she said. Or release the constructable it was originally meant for.

MarvinGardens
04-22-12, 02:49 AM
They should have been for the farm house,10 wooden boards, 10 shingles, 10 welcome mats

lylahmae
04-22-12, 04:00 PM
I think of them as hate mail I used to gift them to a (former) neighbor who yelled at me on my wall for sending dog bowls then I got bored and deleted him;)

pinkster73
04-22-12, 04:03 PM
I think of them as hate mail I used to gift them to a (former) neighbor who yelled at me on my wall for sending dog bowls then I got bored and deleted him;)

Omg people sometimes send me welcome mats!

lylahmae
04-22-12, 04:07 PM
Omg people sometimes send me welcome mats!

Well let's hope they are just naive I don't believe anyone who knows you would send a hatemail welcome mat your way.

pinkster73
04-22-12, 04:21 PM
Well let's hope they are just naive I don't believe anyone who knows you would send a hatemail welcome mat your way.

Well I hope not!

hectorloch
04-22-12, 04:23 PM
Well I hope not!

You're not the nbr who sends them to me, are you ?

pinkster73
04-22-12, 04:28 PM
You're not the nbr who sends them to me, are you ?

Never! I send you parts. No secret hate mail here.

trace35
04-22-12, 04:29 PM
I am new to fs, but can't dog bowls be sold for 400 each? Y are so many people so ungrateful!

pinkster73
04-22-12, 04:33 PM
I am new to fs, but can't dog bowls be sold for 400 each? Y are so many people so ungrateful!

Right, people want dog bowls or tool shed parts.

trace35
04-22-12, 04:46 PM
Cool. Any other tips?

portiaandluis
04-22-12, 04:54 PM
My life used to be so busy that I didn't know the value. I didn't Know that dog bowls are worth $400 when u sell them. I even dropped a member for continuing to send them to me. I have since gone back and the farmer was nice enough to be my neighbor again. Now that I have free time I have found out all this info. It is a good idea to explain dog bowls to new members so that they won't take it as an insult. EDUCATION is USUALLY the KEY!

pinkster73
04-22-12, 04:57 PM
Cool. Any other tips?

That about covers gifting tips for me. People have tons of tips and preferences, I don't. I'm an easy going player.

WendingWanderer
04-22-12, 05:28 PM
Cool. Any other tips?

Never, NEVER send chickens, sheep or apple trees. Your neighbor can buy 8 brown chickens or 4 white chickens, 2 sheep, or 4 apple trees for the price of a dog bowl.

When I get a new neighbor, if he/she is below level 20 or level 25, I always explain about dog bowls the first day that I gift.

mattyboo1
04-22-12, 05:47 PM
Welcome mat is used for the koi pond

pinkster73
04-22-12, 06:21 PM
Welcome mat is used for the koi pond

No its not. Good guess though.

pastrychef17
04-22-12, 06:38 PM
I had a neighbor gift me a welcome mat and when I explained they weren't used for anything and that dog bowl gifts could be sold for 400 coins, he had a hissy fit on my wall and deleted me, lol. I thought that was hysterical. I'm a daily waterer and gifter so it was his loss and my gain not to have such a high strung neighbor.

pinkster73
04-22-12, 06:48 PM
I had a neighbor gift me a welcome mat and when I explained they weren't used for anything and that dog bowl gifts could be sold for 400 coins, he had a hissy fit on my wall and deleted me, lol. I thought that was hysterical. I'm a daily waterer and gifter so it was his loss and my gain not to have such a high strung neighbor.

That's hilarious. What are people drinking around here lately?

viviansmo
04-22-12, 08:50 PM
That's hilarious. What are people drinking around here lately?
I hope it's not the pink-a-tinis. *reaches for her non-alcoholic beverage*

pinkster73
04-22-12, 09:45 PM
I hope it's not the pink-a-tinis. *reaches for her non-alcoholic beverage*

I think its THE kool aid. Crazy.

sourlicorice2
04-22-12, 10:38 PM
I still have a high level player who gifts trees, animals. I tried explaining about dog bowls but no luck. I just decline them. She's a good waterer so ill just keep declining her gifts

WendingWanderer
04-22-12, 10:45 PM
I still have a high level player who gifts trees, animals. I tried explaining about dog bowls but no luck. I just decline them. She's a good waterer so ill just keep declining her gifts

I've got enough good neighbors who gift that it's no problem. They gift trees or chickens or door mats, I decline, and I still get my 20 dog bowls. Everyone is happy.

MizCricket
04-23-12, 03:34 PM
I've got enough good neighbors who gift that it's no problem. They gift trees or chickens or door mats, I decline, and I still get my 20 dog bowls. Everyone is happy.

I don't even care what ppl gift. At a certain point, you have so much money that you don't even need to sell gifts anymore. Shed parts are nice because I'm at lvl 73 and just want to get to 75 so I can be done expanding.

bbieprnc
04-24-12, 02:34 PM
Parts are nice, dog bowls are nice, animals and trees - I just decline them. What would be nice to add more to the gift line-up. Not sure if sometimes when we have season to add a seasonal item to it, so instead of bying that tree I would get it as gift. What do you guys think?

pinkster73
04-24-12, 02:37 PM
Parts are nice, dog bowls are nice, animals and trees - I just decline them. What would be nice to add more to the gift line-up. Not sure if sometimes when we have season to add a seasonal item to it, so instead of bying that tree I would get it as gift. What do you guys think?

New and/or different gifts would be great. Last Halloween we were able to gift cat-o-lanterns.

bobbyrae
04-24-12, 03:17 PM

I had a similar neighbour. I kept gifting back dog bowls and parts. But the topiaries, orange trees and welcome mats kept coming back from him. So I started gifting brown chickens. :p

pastrychef17
04-24-12, 04:41 PM
I had a similar neighbour. I kept gifting back dog bowls and parts. But the topiaries, orange trees and welcome mats kept coming back from him. So I started gifting brown chickens. :p

LOL! I have a level 40 neighbor who gifts me welcome mats once in awhile. I don't think she knows they're not used in Farm. I haven't bothered telling her they're useless because of my last bad experience with a neighbor I told that to. Otherwise she's a great neighbor so I just decline the gift and gift back a dog bowl or a toolshed part.