PDA

View Full Version : Forum Theme

bigbux3
04-21-12, 10:33 AM
For the 2011 Halloween update, the forums turned orange, and honestly, the color hurt my eyes, but I've adapted to it. If it's possible, could we have an option to chose between Orange and Default (blue).
This is the old forum:
http://i43.tinypic.com/6ieczp.jpg

sourlicorice2
04-21-12, 11:10 AM
I do like the blue better than the orange.

Limaxa
04-21-12, 11:10 AM
I think orange is better.. First i also thought it's ugly, but now i like that it's more colorful then other forums

pinkster73
04-21-12, 11:35 AM
I wish it was pink!!!

sourlicorice2
04-21-12, 11:43 AM
I wish it was pink!!!

[COLOR=DEEPPINK]i second this[\COLOR]

sourlicorice2
04-21-12, 11:43 AM
[COLOR=DEEPPINK]i second this[\COLOR]

Oops did that wrong. Lol

AnnasCoffee
04-21-12, 11:44 AM
I think it's orange because TL logo is orange.

bigbux3
04-21-12, 11:50 AM
I think it's orange because TL logo is orange.

I figured. Now I'm afraid they wont change it back or give us that option. *Biting nails nervously*

Branston73
04-21-12, 11:50 AM
I prefer it in orange than blue!

bigbux3
04-21-12, 11:51 AM
I should've made a poll then...

sweetstuff525
04-21-12, 12:05 PM
I wanted purple lilac color

Branston73
04-21-12, 12:06 PM
I wanted purple lilac color

That would be a nice colour. :-)

sparks229
04-21-12, 02:04 PM
I wish they would give us a choice. Like red, blue, purple, yellow, or pink. :)

ariesblu
04-30-12, 03:16 PM
To be honest I was used to the blue, and hated the orange when it was changed, but now I barely recognized the old blue forum.

bigbux3
04-30-12, 03:19 PM
To be honest I was used to the blue, and hated the orange when it was changed, but now I barely recognized the old blue forum.

I was at home, sick (feeling dizzy and light headed) when they updated the forums. It hurt my eyes badly. I got used to it now, but I'm tired of it now.
They changed it to orange because of Halloween... flash of news TeamLava, it's not Halloween anymore.

shakiba
04-30-12, 03:33 PM
Why can't we just have an option of different colors, or at least the blue and the orange? :/
I personally dont like orange.

bigbux3
04-30-12, 03:34 PM
Why can't we just have an option of different colors, or at least the blue and the orange? :/
I personally dont like orange.

I really needed a poll.

shakiba
04-30-12, 03:35 PM
I really needed a poll.

Lol, maybe...

TimeForACuppaTea
04-30-12, 03:41 PM
Go make a poll. You can ask a mod to close this down.

I like the blue better. Is calmer on the eyes. But I could go with pink too. :p

dalula
04-30-12, 03:41 PM
Yeah, blue was great. but I really want purple... :)

bigbux3
04-30-12, 03:58 PM
That's what this thread is for. To give us an option or choice to choose the color.

jumphigh128
04-30-12, 04:27 PM
I think there should be a versions in evvvvveeerrrrrryyyyy color for us to choose orrrr there can be a contest for esigning the best theme!!!!

sparks229
04-30-12, 04:28 PM
I think there should be a versions in evvvvveeerrrrrryyyyy color for us to choose orrrr there can be a contest for esigning the best theme!!!!

Yes!!! Contest with gems!!! ;)

purpsandherb
04-30-12, 04:55 PM
The contest choosing would b awesome!! But first of all i had no idea this was an issue, bcuz teamlavas decore in resturant is orange so i jus fugured" o they have a theme colors and mascot, that is orange"?.. I jus joined begining of this year. That is jus nuts that they would say hey orange for halloween! ThEn leave it? That be like leaving ur xmas tree up all year!?!? They shuld go bak to what was original. Its to confusing. Y didtn they do red for xmas? Pink for valentines?? Or was blue for hanuka and we missed that memo?!!??. Jus get your buisness together!

jellybelly2001
04-30-12, 05:22 PM
I just joined so I always had orange at night when my screan is bright my eyes hurt
Would be cool!

greygull
04-30-12, 05:52 PM
My suggestion (as another member only) - PM the CMs about forum color, and suggest a contest :)

bigbux3
04-30-12, 06:05 PM
My suggestion (as another member only) - PM the CMs about forum color, and suggest a contest :)

I sent in a request for a change back to blue to the forums last year like in December. All I got back was one of the stupid automated replies that don't do anything. And apparently they don't work because they haven't changed it or given us the option.

greygull
04-30-12, 06:15 PM
I sent in a request for a change back to blue to the forums last year like in December. All I got back was one of the stupid automated replies that don't do anything. And apparently they don't work because they haven't changed it or given us the option.

To support, or GM/DW/BP/CD? Contact one of them - or send one PM to more then one :)

bigbux3
04-30-12, 06:50 PM
To support, or GM/DW/BP/CD? Contact one of them - or send one PM to more then one :)

Oh. Well, I just sent it in to one of those suggestions links in the forums. No, it was a contact us link (I think)

pinkster73
04-30-12, 07:27 PM
It's a fact that pink makes people feel happy. Happy people complain less. Hint hint.

bigbux3
04-30-12, 08:19 PM
It's a fact that pink makes people feel happy. Happy people complain less. Hint hint.

Whoa, Whoa, WHOA!

DAmanding
04-30-12, 08:48 PM
Sorry Pinkster, but aside from you personally, pink does not make me feel happy. In fact, as much as I like you, I really don't like the color pink. I'd rather have orange than pink and I don't care for the orange theme either. The original blue would be good. Or even better do what MOST forums do and give users the option to choose their own theme. :)

pinkster73
04-30-12, 08:51 PM
Ok ok. I may have made up the fact about pink. But I like it. That's a fact.

pinkster73
04-30-12, 08:57 PM
Ok ok. I may have made up the fact about pink. But I like it. That's a fact.

I googled it and I'm right! Here's just a clip:

Pink Energy Pink is a combination of red and white. The quality of energy in pink is determined by how much red is present. White is the potential for fullness, while red helps you to achieve that potential. Pink combines these energies. Shades of deep pink, such as magenta, are effective in neutralizing disorder and violence. Some prisons use limited deep pink tones to diffuse aggressive behaviour.

Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance.

Put some pink in your life when you want:

calm feelings to neutralize disorder relaxation acceptance, contentment

greygull
04-30-12, 08:57 PM
It is a fact that lighter shades of blue and green have a calming effect. I recently was googling colors, helping hubby pick new ones to paint at his work.

DAmanding
04-30-12, 09:07 PM
It is a fact that lighter shades of blue and green have a calming effect. I recently was googling colors, helping hubby pick new ones to paint at his work.

*Sticks tongue out at Pinkster and points proudly at my green themed bakery.* ;) :p :D

pinkster73
04-30-12, 09:10 PM
Pink is the best!

pinkster73
04-30-12, 09:24 PM
The Color Pink Represents:

Unconditional love: Pink relates to both unconditional love and romantic love.

Compassion: Empathy and understanding are the fuel for pink's nurturing.

Nurturing: Pink is both the giving and the receiving of love, understanding and respect.

Hope: Pink inspires the possibility of a positive outcome.

Effects of the Color Pink:

Calming: Pink calms our emotional energies.

Non-threatening: Pink lacks any aggression or anger, although the deeper pinks can be more assertive and confident.

Affectionate: Pink offers warmth and tenderness to friends and family.

Caring: Sensitivity and tender loving care relate to pink's feminine and intuitive energies.

Immature: Pink is the color of the sweet young girl, before life's experiences take over.

DAmanding
04-30-12, 10:00 PM
Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.

Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.

Light blue is associated with health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness.
Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness.

Put some blue in your life when you want:

*calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
*to open the flow of communication
*to broaden your perspective in learning new information
*solitude and peace

Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money.

Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Sometimes green denotes lack of experience; for example, a 'greenhorn' is a novice. In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope. Green, as opposed to red, means safety; it is the color of free passage in road traffic.

Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase. Balance and a sense of order are found in the color green. Change and transformation is necessary for growth, and so this ability to sustain changes is also a part of the energy of green.

Put some green in your life when you want:

*a new state of balance
*feel a need for change or growth
*freedom to pursue new ideas
*protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others

I would quote my sources but I'm afraid my post would get deleted for linking to external sites. :(

redbites
04-30-12, 10:59 PM
I miss the good old blue :(

sparks229
05-01-12, 12:02 AM
I've never seen the blue. :(And orange annoys me for some weird reason. I like purple!!! :D

sparks229
05-01-12, 12:08 AM
I'll google something about purple.

Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple.

Violet is the color of purpose. Violet is associated with the Crown chakra (This links individual and universal).

Violet Energy
Violet is a combination of blue and red. Red is a focusing, dynamic and active energy while blue is cooling, calming and expansive. Violet brings a new dynamic to the expansion of blue and the activity of red. Red brings practicality to the undirected expansiveness of the blue, and allows more creative energy to emerge. For this reason, violet is associated with imagination and inspiration.

Violet is an important energy for those who use blue and indigo s****s in the psychic field. The red in violet offers a grounding effect.

Put some violet in your life when you want:

to use your imagination to its fullest
to re-balance your life
to remove obstacles
to calm overactivity or to energize from depression

And yeah I would totally cite where I got this from but my post might be leted so can I just say.. Google? :o

bigbux3
05-01-12, 07:42 AM
If I submit this, I HOPE to see a change.

viviansmo
05-01-12, 08:37 AM
Orange is my favorite color.

Although it would be nice to be able to choose a theme, there are other forum bugs they haven't fixed like signatures and editing, so I'd rather they get vb working correctly before they introduce themes.

DAmanding
05-01-12, 09:28 AM

Although it would be nice to be able to choose a theme, there are other forum bugs they haven't fixed like signatures and editing, so I'd rather they get vb working correctly before they introduce themes.

Its really not hard to fix the forum though they would probably have to take it offline for a couple of hours. And they might be forced to spend some money, probably not even very much. My guess is this is why they claim that its too difficult to fix.

kooky panda
05-01-12, 10:31 AM
I'll google something about purple.

Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple.

Violet is the color of purpose. Violet is associated with the Crown chakra (This links individual and universal).

Violet Energy
Violet is a combination of blue and red. Red is a focusing, dynamic and active energy while blue is cooling, calming and expansive. Violet brings a new dynamic to the expansion of blue and the activity of red. Red brings practicality to the undirected expansiveness of the blue, and allows more creative energy to emerge. For this reason, violet is associated with imagination and inspiration.

Violet is an important energy for those who use blue and indigo s****s in the psychic field. The red in violet offers a grounding effect.

Put some violet in your life when you want:

to use your imagination to its fullest
to re-balance your life
to remove obstacles
to calm overactivity or to energize from depression

And yeah I would totally cite where I got this from but my post might be leted so can I just say.. Google? :o

I like the purple.

AuntyRose32
05-01-12, 10:35 AM
Personally for me I would love to see purple...my favourite colour. Next to that green. It would be nice if there were multiple colours to choose from so everyone, well almost everyone (dunkelgelb might not fly with too many people other than realfarmer:p) could be happy:)

CuddlyDragon
05-01-12, 10:47 AM
Hmm... I assumed it was orange because of the "Lava" part of the name :P

Branston73
05-01-12, 11:41 AM

Orange is my favourite colour too!

Rachael98
05-01-12, 11:46 AM
Hmm... I assumed it was orange because of the "Lava" part of the name :P

That is correct. Plus TL's logo colour is orange. Storm8 is blue, but they use older software and are slightly different in that respect.
For instance, FireMocha has a reddish colour and the Forums are red. And when Savoy gets round to it, I'm sure Shark Party will get a theme too.

At least on the software I use, there can be lots of themes.
On vB it's even easier to make them, so if any staff had some time spare, they could make some on the ACP. The vB default was either deactivated or deleted when orange came in...

bigbux3
05-01-12, 12:13 PM
It wouldn't hurt to give us a choice, and they should invest in a mobile app like I suggested.

Rachael98
05-01-12, 12:38 PM
It wouldn't hurt to give us a choice, and they should invest in a mobile app like I suggested.

That's an unnecessary waste of resources.
It appears fine on any mobile that has an app-capability in a normal browser.

bigbux3
05-01-12, 12:53 PM

Not when I have to zoom on every page. I'm on iPod Touch. Small screen.

Rachael98
05-01-12, 01:48 PM
Not when I have to zoom on every page. I'm on iPod Touch. Small screen.

Your argument doesn't hold because I'm also on an iPod Touch:p.

My tip would be to double tap on the writing, and it will zoom. You can scroll then.

DAmanding
05-01-12, 02:42 PM
The fact that you have to re-zoom every page is annoying. I tried using the forums on my iphone at first, drove me nuts. Now I only view from my laptop.

bigbux3
05-01-12, 04:36 PM
The fact that you have to re-zoom every page is annoying. I tried using the forums on my iphone at first, drove me nuts. Now I only view from my laptop.

This is my argument too Rachael!

girlbieber
06-21-12, 10:11 AM
I wish it was pink!!!

Of course you do :p

lylahmae
06-21-12, 01:07 PM

An app would be great as it takes several steps on my phone to get here and a direct route would be nice.

Also unnecessary wasting of resources is what they do best...tap to manage for example

sparks229
06-21-12, 01:13 PM
I think it should be royal purple

sunstorm01
06-21-12, 01:16 PM
Omg!! Yes yes yes for app!! BEST idea EVER!!!

copycats
06-22-12, 05:34 PM
I like the orange better