PDA

View Full Version : Survey: have you bought the Red chrysanthemum flowers by mistake?

kmyfarmer
04-21-12, 10:17 AM
Per suggestion of a neighbor farmer of mine I have decided to openly share my foolishness: I have bought Red Chrysanthemum flowers for my farm for gems by mistake!!!! Horror!!! I only realized they were gem flowers after I had planted quite a few number of them. I really felt stupid and my first reaction was to delete those flowers so I would soon forget my own wrong doing. My precious hard worked saved gems just puff!! gone!!! in a second..just because of my carelessness. So my dear fellow players has anyone else done this? Or am I the only one carrying this shameful doing?
P.s I have left the flowers grow in my farm as a reminder to myself that I should be way way way more careful next time and not let my guard down when playing the game. ( I am usually careful with my gems mind you!) . So here you are: my name is Kmyfarmer and I did the unthinkable: I bought gem crops by mistake.

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 11:00 AM
I almost did. I did accidently buy a gem primrose (it's not even pretty), then accidently harvested it. Waste of a good gem.

WHY, WHY would TeamLava put out another gem flower when we all {}so much about the gem roses? AND not let us put them in inventory so we can save them after we've foolishly spent our precious gems on them.

viviansmo
04-21-12, 11:00 AM
I haven't done it yet with the red chrysanthemums, but I did with the primroses once. I think I realized it by the 6th one. Lucky only 6 gems gone... I've fallen into worse traps.

Limaxa
04-21-12, 11:01 AM
No i didn't ..i'm always careful

DerGelbeKaiser
04-21-12, 11:05 AM
Nope, not yet. I once bought another chest I didn't really want to buy because I just mindlessly clicked on the biggest button. But I am generally fairly carful - especially now that I have over 50 gems sitting there after a sale and haven't spent a single one on the update...
*cowers over pile of gems hissing 'My presciousssss, my prescioussssssss'*

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 11:09 AM
That's one reason I try to keep my gems under 24 unless I'm saving for some big gem item. If I accidently brush a chest when I'm below 24 gems, it asks me if I want to buy more gems, rather than taking away my hard-earned gems for something I never meant to buy.

(Unfortunatly, I did end up with an accidental heart-dragon out of the unwanted valentine's day chest. Darn it.)

hectorloch
04-21-12, 11:12 AM
Nearly :) I think the risk is because you don't expect to see it on "Page One" of the crops. There was only one rose to begin with - I can't remember where it was positioned but I seem to recall it wasn't positioned in the first three. When the yellow and white rose (and primrose) were added they were definitely on later selection pages.

MiniLaura
04-21-12, 11:16 AM
nope. I always take my time.

pinkster73
04-21-12, 11:19 AM
I've accidentally bought a few red roses before. Not the chrysanthemums yet. Yet.

nmishii
04-21-12, 11:20 AM
I accidentally bought and accidentally harvested a yellow rose and a black rose. But never a bunch. The gem flowers have always been a fear of mine and I try to be careful about what I'm planting.

But once I stored my cocoa trees after mastering them and then wanted to place them back on my farm after a while. I went to the Store instead of Inventory and placed some before I realized I was buying them.

RoseMeyer
04-21-12, 11:44 AM
T first thing I ever did with this game was to plant a rose. Realized it right away. Only got lucky on the mums tho, I dont think I knew i was for gems...........

cheekychicky
04-21-12, 12:04 PM
I bought only one r.c. but would have wasted all my gems if I was not just replacing another plant I touched by mistake. I will make you feel even better. When I was just starting I saw "change your name for 10 gems" and thought that would be a great way to get gems. POOF! I lost 10 gems and then more on ugly roses.

pastrychef17
04-21-12, 12:19 PM
No. I shop from the store instead of plowed ground so I try not to fall into that gem trap. Doesn't mean it won't happen someday though if I'm not careful enough.

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 12:35 PM
I accidentally bought and accidentally harvested a yellow rose and a black rose. But never a bunch. The gem flowers have always been a fear of mine and I try to be careful about what I'm planting.

But once I stored my cocoa trees after mastering them and then wanted to place them back on my farm after a while. I went to the Store instead of Inventory and placed some before I realized I was buying them.

I've done that. The other day I accidently bought dog bowls when I meant to be taking them out of inventory and selling them. Still not sure how that happened.

And I've accidently sold my pig more than once when I meant to be harvesting him. (harvesting? what would be the right word for what I do with the pig? I'm not slaughtering him for bacon...)

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 12:38 PM
No. I shop from the store instead of plowed ground so I try not to fall into that gem trap. Doesn't mean it won't happen someday though if I'm not careful enough.

I've fallen into the "plowed ground gem trap" because I'm tapping too quickly and tap a bit of ground to plow it, accidently tap more than once and find that I've not only plowed, but planted as well - usually a crop that I either don't want (gem flowers) or that I've already mastered.

RoseMeyer
04-21-12, 01:02 PM
I just think of it as the pig paying rent :)

yanochka
04-21-12, 02:18 PM
My neighbor planted the whole farm 24x24 by mistake when primrose came out - she didn't realize it was for gems.

She stopped buying gems since and she used to spend a lot of money on boxes.

pinkster73
04-21-12, 02:20 PM
My neighbor planted the whole farm 24x24 by mistake when primrose came out - she didn't realize it was for gems.

Omg. Just o m g.

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 02:55 PM

Oh, Ouch!!! I would be soooooo upset if that happened.

Why, WHY are there gem flowers?

driftboutique
04-21-12, 05:06 PM
I just think of it as the pig paying rent :)

Ahahaha! I love this!

I've never bought gem flowers on accident, but I'm always afraid I'm going to because I do occasionally tap the rightmost crop when I am trying to scroll. I think I need pointier fingers.

Vllygirl
04-21-12, 06:42 PM
Yup, last night. Was tired and doing "power planting" & lost ALL of my gems in an instant. You are a better man than I....I was so mad that I deleted them all as soon as I could.

kooky panda
04-21-12, 06:47 PM
Guys I will let the CMs know about the order of the gem flower coming first.

Vllygirl
04-21-12, 07:08 PM
It isn't the order of the gem flower coming first, it is more the inability of an "undo" button when you make a mistake....or a "yes, I want to spend gems" button that is the issue.

WendingWanderer
04-21-12, 07:13 PM
Guys I will let the CMs know about the order of the gem flower coming first.

Thank you. That would help.

sourlicorice2
04-21-12, 07:33 PM
I haven't yet. The gem crops are the only crops I'll never ever plant. If I do it's cause it was a mistake.

mattyboo1
04-21-12, 07:35 PM
No I have not bought the flowers because I do not have the weekly update yet

ButterPanda
04-21-12, 07:39 PM
ill pass this on to our devs. thanks for the suggestion

janibany
04-22-12, 02:54 AM
I once bought one rose by mistake. Realizing it costed a gem, I put fences and decoration around so I would not harvest it. So lasted like a week before my 3 year old son came to me saying " mommy, I was watching a video when your game came up and I took your tree. I am a good helper!" of course, it was a notification about getting a gift and the only thing to harvest on the farm was the rose, aka a tree. Since then I am super duper careful when planting and have no notifications on, just to make sure to remember the time for harvesting

doodpatch
04-22-12, 04:00 AM
I bought 35 of them and still think I was buying another flower. Not a happy camper.

moda999
04-22-12, 09:57 AM
I once bought one rose by mistake. Realizing it costed a gem, I put fences and decoration around so I would not harvest it. So lasted like a week before my 3 year old son came to me saying " mommy, I was watching a video when your game came up and I took your tree. I am a good helper!" of course, it was a notification about getting a gift and the only thing to harvest on the farm was the rose, aka a tree. Since then I am super duper careful when planting and have no notifications on, just to make sure to remember the time for harvesting

Same. Got 2 roses when I started as didn't realise (no gem recipes in bs or rs). Couldn't believe it and built round them to keep away from other crops. So mad!!

trace35
04-22-12, 05:13 PM
Thank you. That would help.

No it won't. It's intentional so u spend gems. ( no offense kp, u are just doing ur best to help)

lin77
04-22-12, 07:03 PM
I haven't yet.....I did accidentally buy a rose one time then accidentally harvested it! But nothing after that mistake! I'm really careful now!

I think its stupid TL has ANY crop that is gems only! I would never ever buy a gem crop... a total waste of precious gems!

WendingWanderer
04-22-12, 07:24 PM
Not to mention that, according to the "Enhancements" section, you can buy $5,000 coins for 10 gems - or $500 per gem.

Now, paying $500 for a Red Chrysanthemum that generates $150 coins, or for a rose that generates 75-80 coins, or a primrose that generates $85 coins seems like a bad bargain.

lylahmae
04-22-12, 07:40 PM
It would cost $431 in US dollars to master a gem flower and that's buying the $99.99 gem pack( 580 gems no sale) THAT IS INSANE! THAT is a lot of money! REAL MONEY!!!!!

WendingWanderer
04-22-12, 08:00 PM
I sincerely doubt that anyone ever has or ever intends to master a gem flower. Maybe buy a few for decorating the farm. Probably buy a few by mistake (I did), but not to master.

The shouldn't make gem flowers. Or if they do, gem flowers should be decorations (Garden section) like the Potted Forget-Me-Nots, the Potted Azaleas, and the Potted Red Roses (although, at 17 gems each, those are far, far too expensive).

At a minimum, they should allow gem flowers to be stored in inventory so we don't accidentally harvest them.

RoseMeyer
04-22-12, 08:43 PM
It would cost $431 in US dollars to master a gem flower and that's buying the $99.99 gem pack( 580 gems no sale) THAT IS INSANE! THAT is a lot of money! REAL MONEY!!!!!
They're laughing all the way to the bank.

driftboutique
04-22-12, 09:50 PM
I sincerely doubt that anyone ever has or ever intends to master a gem flower. Maybe buy a few for decorating the farm. Probably buy a few by mistake (I did), but not to master.

The shouldn't make gem flowers. Or if they do, gem flowers should be decorations (Garden section) like the Potted Forget-Me-Nots, the Potted Azaleas, and the Potted Red Roses (although, at 17 gems each, those are far, far too expensive).

At a minimum, they should allow gem flowers to be stored in inventory so we don't accidentally harvest them.

I totally agree. If gem flowers could not be watered or harvested, I would definitely plant some. I think the primroses are really cute and would love to add some to my bee garden, but I won't because they won't be pretty once they are inevitably watered.

yupiyupigumgum
04-23-12, 03:12 AM
I bought a primrose by accident and then i isolated the flower so NO ONE will accidently harvest it. But, accident happened ....

Snapenath
04-23-12, 04:24 AM
So I was right in the weekly update thread about the fact that some people would accidentally plant some of these gem flowers. That hasn't happened to me yet, as I am trying to be particularly cautious when planting from the plowed land, but that might happen...
I doubt they're going to change it... this is how they make money..

eanddaddy
04-23-12, 11:43 AM
Yes, it's disappointing that the new chrysanthemums cost a gem. I personally didn't make the mistake of accidentally purchasing any. But some other flowers, as we know, also cost gems. I buy roses occasionally; I guess it's all part of the game. But let me say this: Chrysanthemums are not in season now anyway! Hey, Team Lava (TeamLava), how about some more seasonal flowers... Daffodils, (yes I know we have narcisses (sp?) but there could still be variations on color!) ...And how 'bout tulips of other than yellow color!? We could have other-colored tulips, as well as... multi-colored tulips. There are many varieties of tulips.

notesgal
04-23-12, 04:51 PM
I totally agree. If gem flowers could not be watered or harvested, I would definitely plant some. I think the primroses are really cute and would love to add some to my bee garden, but I won't because they won't be pretty once they are inevitably watered.

I agree! I think a lot more gem flowers would be sold if they couldn't be harvested. I would definitely be a buyer in that scenario. Make them objects and move to the decor section.

artlomin
04-23-12, 10:00 PM
I think the Chrysanthemums are pretty and wish they were sold for coins. As is I'll avoid them like the plague. I've accidentally bought three roses and accidentally harvested two. It's like throwing gems away. But nothing like the disappointment of spending 24 gems for a few milk bottles or another 24 for the world's ugliest flower. Team lava says buy a box for things that aren't generally available. They fail to say that half are things you'd never have chosen if you had the option to choose. To me that's as much a rip-off as the gem traps.

ariesblu
04-25-12, 02:34 PM

What a disaster!

DAmanding
04-25-12, 02:51 PM
Do flowers ever wither? Gem flowers or coin flowers?

MiniLaura
04-25-12, 02:53 PM
no flowers ever wither, no trees wither, animals do not die.

kooky panda
04-25-12, 02:54 PM

no.....

ariesblu
04-25-12, 02:54 PM
Nope they don't.

DAmanding
04-25-12, 03:00 PM
Thanks to all three :)

velvetfog82
04-25-12, 03:19 PM
Ive lost 4 gems to the rc flower and I'm not happy. it might only be 4 gems but we work hard to earn all of our gems! this is just wrong!

ariesblu
04-25-12, 06:06 PM
Thanks to all three :)
Lol no problem.

xSnowyOwlx
04-25-12, 10:22 PM
Nope, I'm extremely careful with gems. It's only flowers in Farm that can cost gems so I'm always wary when I see a new flower...

yaharalady
04-26-12, 09:35 AM
One week I planted primrose by mistake and realized after spending 6 or 7 hard earned gems. When the the red mums came out I didn't look closely and planted a whole row of them before I realized and used all my gems. It takes so long to accumulate. I think it's wrong that TL has crops for gems. They only earn when you harvest so what's the point? Also think if they keep gem crops they should all be grouped in a category by them self or at the end of the veggie, fruit, grain, flower categories. I enjoy playing FS but I think are many improvements that need to be made to make a top notch game.

bellaflame
04-26-12, 11:32 AM
Yes!! I accidentally bought 10 of them. Was in a hurry to plant and get out of the game. Saw new flowers and planted them. Very disappointed, but the flowers are pretty. I'm not sure why I would purchase flowers for gems though if the other ones never die either?? Now I feel like I can never get rid of them!

frmrkris
04-27-12, 11:37 AM
When I first started playing, I thought it meant that you earned gems by planting select items... not cost you gems. Ugh...that was very upsetting for me!

ThorVII
04-29-12, 06:16 PM
No??ō?????

kmyfarmer
04-29-12, 06:31 PM
Yes!! I accidentally bought 10 of them. Was in a hurry to plant and get out of the game. Saw new flowers and planted them. Very disappointed, but the flowers are pretty. I'm not sure why I would purchase flowers for gems though if the other ones never die either?? Now I feel like I can never get rid of them!
I feel the same about my red mum...on the other I also feel tempted to delete them because they remind me everyday of my folly

driftboutique
04-29-12, 07:38 PM
When I first started playing, I thought it meant that you earned gems by planting select items... not cost you gems. Ugh...that was very upsetting for me!

Ooh, I made this mistake when I first started. I thought that you paid a gem to plant but that you got gems back for harvesting. Sad mistake! :(

farmerted7
04-29-12, 08:53 PM
Yes. 17 of them. I tapped on the plots, delayed window pop up for crops as usual. Then tapped them by mistake. Poof 17 gems gone. Goodbye teamlava.

boobear4444
04-30-12, 02:44 PM
sometimes u end up in the store in error. One more tap and yes a . Appeared, Then i harvested it by mistake, not a happy bunny!

yaharalady
04-30-12, 06:17 PM
I finally deleted them so I could use the space for other crops. TL should listen to their customers and change gem crops to coins. And give us some pink flowers that grow in 16 or less hours. How about 8 hr or less for some flowers?

misst44
04-30-12, 06:38 PM
You are not the only one I did the same thing I used up all my gems on red chrysanthemums it took me a long time to save up 55 gems to have them disappear in a flash I am more alert now when new plants are released

kmyfarmer
05-02-12, 09:24 PM
You are not the only one I did the same thing I used up all my gems on red chrysanthemums it took me a long time to save up 55 gems to have them disappear in a flash I am more alert now when new plants are released

I am sorry to hear that! I lost 33 gems on those flowers and yes I am more careful now when planting/harvesting etc.. since you can lose gems also on managing plants now.

DAmanding
05-03-12, 07:59 AM
I've had a dream about doing this two nights in a row now. That's just a little spooky. o.O

ShelesSweets
05-03-12, 10:10 AM
Yes. I just wasted 3 gems that I was saving to purchase something else. I didn't realize they cost gems until I received the pop up box telling me that I didn't have enough to buy more. It's a gem trap for sure.

kmyfarmer
05-04-12, 09:53 PM
I've had a dream about doing this two nights in a row now. That's just a little spooky. o.O

Not that in my world would be called... a nightmare! LOL

copycats
05-04-12, 09:55 PM
No I haven't

kmyfarmer
05-06-12, 03:55 PM
Today I just manage to outdo myself: after paying gems for the red mums now I have deleted some of them by accident! tapping too fast I guess. Farming has become more and more difficult these days.

lylahmae
05-06-12, 04:37 PM
Imagine if you accidentally bought these and then when you tapped the space to see if that's what you planted you accidentally fertilize everything and lose the gems you have left.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-07-12, 04:44 PM
Nope, I've always been very careful. I did almost buy an extention for gems, though

saintlover
05-07-12, 05:01 PM
Ive decided not to buy any more crops for that very reason. I have an entire farm of trees. Im sure now that they know that they will implement some sort of gem trap for trees too... lol

kmyfarmer
05-08-12, 06:08 PM
Imagine if you accidentally bought these and then when you tapped the space to see if that's what you planted you accidentally fertilize everything and lose the gems you have left.

OMG! I haven't even thought about that possibility. That would have been my worst nightmare come true!

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 06:52 AM
No I actually have not luckily! I bought those silly gem roses
9 precious gems LOST~~!!! Aw... I was so mad! It's so
silly to have crops that cost ~gems~... I am much, much
more careful now. These really are gem traps... God bless!

lomalou
05-13-12, 08:08 AM
I did and have lost all my gems when I realized it :-( So you're not alone.

saintlover
05-13-12, 10:00 AM
I dont do crops anymore... just trees

bethb6228
07-25-12, 11:17 AM
Per suggestion of a neighbor farmer of mine I have decided to openly share my foolishness: I have bought Red Chrysanthemum flowers for my farm for gems by mistake!!!! Horror!!! I only realized they were gem flowers after I had planted quite a few number of them. I really felt stupid and my first reaction was to delete those flowers so I would soon forget my own wrong doing. My precious hard worked saved gems just puff!! gone!!! in a second..just because of my carelessness. So my dear fellow players has anyone else done this? Or am I the only one carrying this shameful doing?
P.s I have left the flowers grow in my farm as a reminder to myself that I should be way way way more careful next time and not let my guard down when playing the game. ( I am usually careful with my gems mind you!) . So here you are: my name is Kmyfarmer and I did the unthinkable: I bought gem crops by mistake.

Of course. What's worse is when I try to press the little arrow on the right in order to scroll through the crops, and I accidentally hit the gem priced flowers next to the button. That of course makes me really mad...why does the little scroll arrow have to be so small?

bethb6228
07-25-12, 11:20 AM
No I actually have not luckily! I bought those silly gem roses
9 precious gems LOST~~!!! Aw... I was so mad! It's so
silly to have crops that cost ~gems~... I am much, much
more careful now. These really are gem traps... God bless!

TL should put all the flower that cost gems under a seperate tab. Ive lost at least a dozen gems by accidentally planting gem priced flowers. I have planted some on purpose for decoration -but then accidentally plowed them. Hmmm. This discussion is suddenly making me mad :)

Kathy6464
07-25-12, 11:49 AM
Of course. What's worse is when I try to press the little arrow on the right in order to scroll through the crops, and I accidentally hit the gem priced flowers next to the button. That of course makes me really mad...why does the little scroll arrow have to be so small?

Yes, I have done both -- clicked on the Red Chrysanthemums in a hurry until I was all out of gems [] AND I have accidentally hit the wrong button when I meant to hit the scrolling arrow button [] So now if I'm exploring unfamiliar territory, I take more time and pay attention....well, I TRY to.

kmyfarmer
07-25-12, 01:54 PM
and the plot thickens and it is a sure sign I am getting old: not "happy"with the fiasco about the buying of chrys flowers I unintentionally bought the Chilean Jasmine for gems as well!!! and I only noticed they were for gems after the few gems, I had accumulated by planting and harvesting, vanished in thin air... OMG! I did it again! Oh and yes the little arrows to scroll from one crop to another? done that too! clicked on it too fast and voila! more gem flowers bought. Lesson I have learned? as soon as I have some gems savings I try to use them on something I really want. And so far so good: havent bought by mistake the red hibiscus yet.
And I second the motion for having the gem priced flowers in a different tab.

ene55
07-25-12, 04:24 PM
When planting and a missed patch needs ploughing ...do that, then make sure you don't plant it via the message that comes up...when scrolling through the crops to find what I'd been planting must have brushed a gem flower...done and dusted! And yes I have done it before! *sigh*

WendingWanderer
07-25-12, 04:54 PM
them on something I really want. And so far so good: havent bought by mistake the red hibiscus yet.
And I second the motion for having the gem priced flowers in a different tab.

Don't hold your breath. I think the place them on the first planting page right in the middle to increase the odds that you'll plant a gem flower accidently. They're certainly not going to make it less likely to accidently buy a gem flower.

luv4quiltz
07-30-12, 04:52 PM
P.s I have left the flowers grow in my farm as a reminder to myself that I should be way way way more careful next time and not let my guar
d down when playing the game. ( I am usually careful with my gems mind you!) . So here you are: my name is Kmyfarmer and I did the unthinkable: I bought gem crops by mistake.

Hi Kmy,
I did the exact same thing. Thought it would cool to plant an American flag for the 4th of July and selected the red carnation for the red, not even realizing it was a gem flower. I was busy planting away when suddenly got a pop up message that I was out of gems. All of my hard earned gems were gone in a second. However, after getting over the shock and kicking myself for doing it, anger set in.

First of all, why in the world are there crops that cost gems? If the point of the game is to plant and master crops to earn gems, why would you spend hundreds of gems to only earn 1 gem when mastered.

Second, I have been playing Restaurant story long before coming to Farm Story. There are NO such thing as gem foods in RS, only coins. So I really wasn't on the lookout. Also, TL could at least group the gem crops instead of mixing them in with coin crops which makes for even more room for error.

I see this as just another gem trap by TL. I lost close to 30 gems and this is a prime reason I refuse to purchase gems and line their pockets.

kmyfarmer
08-01-12, 02:03 PM
I totally second that. Btw, just got one more gem flower by mistake. Sigh!

gitten
08-05-12, 10:47 AM
Oh yea!! I have a lovely fenced in bunch of red mums - just kept planting away - then realized they were for gems! They may have to remain there forever - not going to delete (on purpose) . Thought I would move them around the farm in different areas but then - aha - try to move them and poof they will be gone. And, they are not in the place I want any flowers. Now, I am very careful when scrolling through crops to plant. All I can say is "YIKES"

kmyfarmer
08-06-12, 01:33 PM
I totally agree with you. My gem flowers are now in the middle of the farm in an area that reminds me to avoid deleting them. Just added a red gladiolus to the list!