PDA

View Full Version : Just some advice?

Summer13taryn
04-21-12, 04:33 AM
Hey! I've been playing Rs for a few weeks now and I'm loving it so far. I just have a few questions that I'm hoping you can help me with. First, how long does it actually take food to
go bad? Sometimes I don't time my playing right, so I don't get to check my game & food will go bad, but other times I have food sitting for a while & it doesn't go bad. Second, I have my game down to a pretty normal routine, so I'm moving up levels at a preey normal pace, but I really want to level up to the next level quickly. I'm not even worried about anything else right now. Whats the best thing to do to level up, when you aren't worried about everything else? Third, im gonna start saving up my gems but since I don't know what I want to save for, I was hoping you guys could help me decide! Tell me what are some of your favorite things that only gems can buy?

bawpotter
04-21-12, 07:53 AM
1. After food finishines cooking, it stays good for the amount of time it took to cook. For example, if I cook an 8 hour recipe, and it finishes, I will have 8 hours to collect it before it goes bad.

2. The best way to level up is just to cook. Cook foods with the highest XP values, or if you have TONS of time on your hands, cook french toast over, and over, and over, and over again. It has the most XP Gained per hour.

3. I am not very much for decor, so I spend my gems on unlocking extra appliance slots. But your desicion.

DAmanding
04-21-12, 10:55 AM
I like decor. But the surprise boxes are definitely a gamble. You may not get one of the nicer items and you'll definitely end up with duplicates if you keep getting items from the same box. But I think it's usually fun to gamble on one.

DAmanding
04-21-12, 10:56 AM
Forgot to add that in the very beginning I unlock a couple extra appliance slots too so I'm far less likely to run out of food.

celshark
04-21-12, 12:57 PM
Fastest way to level up is to cook french toast over and over...it can be boring though, but if u don't care about anything else, justdo that.

I am all about decoration. I try to make my restaurant stand out so I really put thought into my design. I love yhe random boxes...they can infuriate you for sure, but getting an item that is amazing and fits into your design is great.

I have 3 restaurants and I get tons of compliments my designs. Either way have fun!

yupiyupigumgum
04-23-12, 03:02 AM
3. I am not very much for decor, so I spend my gems on unlocking extra appliance slots. But your desicion.

did appliances (which need gems to purchase) have different meals than the one that only need coins? I don't want to waste gem on something I can get with coins. Thanks

sourlicorice2
04-23-12, 03:06 AM
The extra appliances will have the same food on them to cook. There's nothing different about them except that they cost gems.

3squares
04-23-12, 08:31 AM
It's my understanding that what you're paying for with the gems is the ability to have more appliances than would normally be allotted to you at your current level. For example, if the game only allows you to have 5 appliances at your level, you can pay 24 gems and unlock a sixth appliance slot. When you reach the level where, normally, you could have 6 appliances, you still have that extra slot you paid for, and so you could have 7. Correct? I'm maxed out at 18, but I could pay 24 gems and get another slot.

Remember, you can always store your appliances and purchase others to access different recipes. Just be sure you've served the food before storing the appliance.

HTH