PDA

View Full Version : earnings

ulnek
04-20-12, 08:52 PM
i've been comparing the earnings from bakery story and restaurant story and bakery story seems to be earning only 2/3 that of restaurant story. why was bakery story's earnings decreased? it has to be because i'm not earning as much as i previously did.

DAmanding
04-20-12, 09:26 PM
I have the opposite problem. My restaurant earns less than half of my bakery. But then my bakery is level 96 and my restaurant is level 49. It may be a change due to the recipes you're currently focusing on. Or even something like a re-arrangement of furniture.

ulnek
04-21-12, 12:48 AM
really? furniture arrangement matters? both my bakery and restaurant are the same level so i figured they should be making the same amount. they used to make the same, then bakery story halted to a crawl. i'm using the same recipes for the most part for bakery story yet the amount i earn now is far less than what i earned before. if arrangement does matter, how does it affect it? all my tables and chairs are accessible.

bawpotter
04-21-12, 07:55 AM
Ulnek, the longer it takes for your customers to get to their tables, the longer it takes to get more customers in the door, which leads to less customers overall, which leads to less profit.

DAmanding
04-21-12, 11:11 AM
If both are the same level and same layout then look at the profit on the food you're serving.

For tips on the furniture arrangement that brings in the most money see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)). Note that in the thread it suggests adding 1-2 extra table/chairs for Bakery vs. Restaurant.

AnnasCoffee
04-21-12, 11:30 AM
DAmanding and bawpotter gave excellent advise. Table arrangement makes a huge difference so does the value of the food your serving.

The other thing that affects profit is the COIN BUG... have you written down your totals to see if your coins are being given to you. I've lost millions to the coin bug. A lot of people don't realize they have it until they write down their totals from the night before and check if their "while you where away" coins are actually added in the morning.

sparks229
04-21-12, 01:45 PM
Oh yes... the COIN BUG!!! *cue scary music* :p

If what AnnasCoffee says is true, then I probably have the coin bug and I don't even know it

ulnek
04-21-12, 02:42 PM
thanks all for the reply. i think it's the "coin bug" (if it's true) is what i have because that's what i compare to my restaurant when i check them the next day. about arrangement, actually my restaurant has harder tables to get to than my bakery so that can't be it. the recipes i'm using, it says it supposed to bring in more money than the ones i've been using before. one thing i noticed though is that my restaurant is almost always empty of food the next day while my bakery keeps accumulating them and takes them longer to sell.

on a side note, if there's no immediate access to a counter, will the food there be not available for people to eat?

AnnasCoffee
04-21-12, 04:04 PM
The food on ALL counters is available, it doesnt matter if it's blocked off or right next to tables and cash register. My restaurant is always empty and my bakery so full I think it will never sell too! It must be that the quantities of food that each appliance cooks per hour in bakery are higher than the average plates per hour in restaurant.

Hold on for about 10 minutes... I bored and I like math. I'll go figure the average plates per hour for bakery vs. restaurant.

Keep an eye on your coins, I think a lot of people have the coin bug and don't even know it.

shelleykk
04-21-12, 04:40 PM
I am on 97 on BS and RS. I also find that I am earning much more in RS even though I have endless food in BS and am always running out in RS. It used to be the other way around but for the first time I have more money in RS. I am convinced that the rate has slowed down in BS.

AnnasCoffee
04-21-12, 04:40 PM
Okay...that was FUN (I think there's smoke coming out of my calculator) !!! But I've always wanted to know why our restaurants are empty and our bakeries are so full of food.

Here's the answer... The average plates per hour on a bakery appliance is 328. The average plates per hour in restaurant is 294. So you make more food in bakery.

You could try cooking low yielding recipes in bakery, I like red velvet cake. Some other good ones are earl grey tea or pumpkin pie. Uslually the low yield recipes give more coins per plate too... So your daily income will increase. That is .... If your overnight coins don't disappear in the morning :(

ulnek
04-21-12, 07:21 PM
is that coin bug only for bakery?

moda999
04-22-12, 01:47 AM
is that coin bug only for bakery?

No! For me has happened in restaurant and fashion too. Overnight force close app and don't leave it running so it actually connects to server before you open and collect your overnight coins. Keep an aye on it.

moda999
04-22-12, 01:48 AM
No! For me has happened in restaurant and fashion too. Overnight force close app and don't leave it running so it actually connects to server before you open and collect your overnight coins. Keep an aye on it.

edit "eye" !!

DAmanding
04-22-12, 10:22 AM

Ah maybe this is why I've not been hit with the coin bug. I always force close my apps at night before I go to bed.

ulnek
04-22-12, 08:04 PM
in the same amount of time that my bakery made $3,009, my restaurant made $5,160

:(

AnnasCoffee
04-22-12, 09:48 PM
in the same amount of time that my bakery made $3,009, my restaurant made $5,160

:(
That seems weird. You might have the coin bug but I think you have other issues too (in your bakery, not that YOU have issues:) ).

I'd look at table arrangement and food value again. Do you have low vaule foods in your bakery (brownies or coffee)?

If I were you .... I'd try fecsuper's table arrangement. I have it set up in my bakery, it really made a big difference in the amount of food I sell in a day. With my old table arrangement I made less than 120,000 coins in 24 hours. With fecsuper's T design I make 180,000 coins in 24 hours.

Table arrangement is HUGE in bakery. I don't have the link. I'll have to get it and make a second post.

AnnasCoffee
04-22-12, 09:55 PM
Here is the link.... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)

There is a picture of how to set up your tables at the bottom of the first post. It's not pretty but let me tell you... It works!

With this design you should sell 45,000 plates of food per day. (All this information is thanks to the creator of the thread, fecsuper). If your not selling 45,000 plates with this layout... Then maybe, the number of customers has been dropped again.

I found a really OLD thread, it said the customers per day used to be 60,000 per day until "they" dropped it to the current 45,000. Maybe "they" have dropped it again.

moda999
04-23-12, 12:06 AM
Tables and chairs nearer the door and cash register makes a huge difference. I am running 2 devices with restaurant and bakery on both to compare coins earned and can see where I have Fecs layout (or at least part layout) I earn more.

I have also used Sehana's spreadsheets to make higher coin items like Red Velvet Cake which helps a lot. In restaurant I kept running out of food whereas in bakery I have tonnes. In rs I made tiramisu for a while and now have food stocks so I can finish all the seasonal recipes which typically are lower nos of servings.

ulnek
04-24-12, 01:54 AM
do customers pick the cheapest food in your place or is what they choose a random thing?

mingboo
04-24-12, 02:13 AM
do customers pick the cheapest food in your place or is what they choose a random thing?

they will pick randomly. if you have 10 counters, chance of the food from one counter being consumed is 10%. but if you have the same food on 2 counters, then that food has 20% chance of being picked...make sense?

BTW, i make more in BS than RS... i think that the average coins/serving in BS is higher than RS...

mingboo
04-24-12, 02:20 AM
Ulnek, the longer it takes for your customers to get to their tables, the longer it takes to get more customers in the door, which leads to less customers overall, which leads to less profit.

If both are the same level and same layout then look at the profit on the food you're serving.

For tips on the furniture arrangement that brings in the most money see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)). Note that in the thread it suggests adding 1-2 extra table/chairs for Bakery vs. Restaurant.

DAmanding and bawpotter gave excellent advise. Table arrangement makes a huge difference so does the value of the food your serving.

The other thing that affects profit is the COIN BUG... have you written down your totals to see if your coins are being given to you. I've lost millions to the coin bug. A lot of people don't realize they have it until they write down their totals from the night before and check if their "while you where away" coins are actually added in the morning.

all these are good advise!! remember that coins per serving is important. whatever layout you have, the number of plates sold in your RS or BS will be consistent each day (provided you do not change your lay out everyday). therefore the only thing that can change the amount you make is coins/serving.

I am on 97 on BS and RS. I also find that I am earning much more in RS even though I have endless food in BS and am always running out in RS. It used to be the other way around but for the first time I have more money in RS. I am convinced that the rate has slowed down in BS.

you must also know that the average serving per recipe per hour is higher in BS. refer to annascoffee thread...

ulnek
04-25-12, 01:52 AM
my layout for bakery and restaurant are pretty much the same. i like things in order so i usually group tables in 4 or or 6 and they are only like 4 squares from the entrance so it can't be the difference in layout. it seems the rate of customer per given time is more on restaurant. given the same recipes, my restaurant used to be able to stock food well like bakery story. i had food stacked in the 5 digits. without changing the layout, one day, i just found myself unable to keep food stocked in restaurant. if everything is the same and suddenly i couldn't keep food in stock and the food that i had accumulated up to 5 to 6 digits suddenly just started getting finished then they must have increased the rate of customers per minute on restaurant and kept bakery the same. that's the only thing i could think of.

pastrychef17
04-25-12, 10:50 AM
I'm not convinced the consumption rate is all that different between Bakery and RS. I say that only because I track how much I sell for both and during the times when I'm not making any new food because I've mastered them all, I sell almost the same number of servings each day in both games. I do think RS sells a bit faster than Bakery but not by a significant amount. What makes it seem like RS sells faster is the typical recipe in RS has fewer servings than in Bakery so you run out faster in the same time period. Bakery has some recipes that give an astronomical amount of servings. The highest was 4725 for molten lava cakes (if you're on iOS and unlocked that goal) whereas the highest amount of servings in RS is 4100 for BBQ chicken. But there are more dishes more like the molten lava cake amount of servings in Bakery than there are dishes similar to RS' BBQ Chicken.

Additionally, if you have a lot of different food/multiple counters out in Bakery, the rate of consumption is even for each counter so the more you have, the slower each counter is decremented. Which makes it seem even more like food in Bakery sells much slower. It doesn't really, you just started out with more servings in the first place.