PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with some of the rules of the game...

noahszoo1
04-20-12, 04:40 PM
I'm new to Zoo Story2; so far, I love it, but I have some questions to which so far, I've received no answers from the support team. So I would deeply appreciate some explanations and help:

1. I don't understand the "gifting." At the beginning of each day, when I access "News," I see that I've been "gifted" with many items I have not asked for. I glady "accept," but please, someone explain the next moves I should make.What does "use gift" entail? I don't usually see anything happening when I click on this button. What is the "gift back"? Does it mean I return the gift or that I'm supposed to, in turn, gift someone an item? In that case, how do I exactly know what to gift them? Does what they send me reflect what they need??

Ok, so that's it for the "gifting" part of my confusion.

The next question is about "collecting coins" at the end of each day for the tours. Where do I go for these "coins"? How do I get them? Are these coins what I've collected on my tours on the camera, or what other neighbors have shot with theirs on my zoo?

Next, how many tours am I supposed to make? Will some of my neighbors be upset if I don't visit them every day?

And any other rules I've failed to mention here that you can help me with is certainly solicited and appreciated by me as I want to be a good team player.

Thank you in advance!

pinkster73
04-20-12, 08:41 PM
We're not ignoring you. I don't play zoo. Anyone? Bueller?

noahszoo1
04-20-12, 10:19 PM
29 views? where's the help? :>(

pinkster73
04-21-12, 09:12 AM
29 views? where's the help? :>(

Pm kooky panda.

bug242
04-21-12, 10:13 AM
Accept the gifts, you might need them to build some of the exhibits. Forget about the use gift button as it is pointless in zoo story. Gift back if you want. Not really a right or wrong gift to send but I usually give bananas. If someone needs something specific they will request it.

noahszoo1
04-21-12, 03:15 PM
Thank you for your response! Now, what about the coin collecting with the tours. How does this work?

noahszoo1
04-21-12, 03:16 PM
??????

sweetstuff525
04-21-12, 03:34 PM
Sorry I play zoo story but I don't visit neighbors I just send gift and collect from animals one time a day or twice

sourlicorice2
04-21-12, 07:49 PM
1. The gifts are used for build able items. Until you buy one, the gifts just sit in your inventory. Once you buy a build able item, click on the item and a box will pop up with the items you need. If you have them all in your inventory it'll say done. If not you can request from nbrs. The use gift button is pointless, just ignore it. You can't use the gift till you place a build able item. Send whatever you want as a gift. If your neighbors want something specific they can post a request on your wall for it. Bananas are probably the best thing to send I think.

2. The coins are automatically added to your coin count. You don't have to do anything to collect them.

3. If you want to maintain a four star rating then you have to visit a certain amount of neighbors though don't remember how many. It's up to you if you want to visit neighbors. some may delete you if you don't visit, others may be happy if you just gift and accept requests. If you don't want to visit neighbors then you can do what I did. I posted on my wall

If you want a neighbor that'll visit and tour your zoo then PLEASE don't add me.

if you want a neighbor that will gift and accept requests daily. please add sourlicorice2 thx.

That way they know I won't be visiting before they invite. I did have one neighbor today demand that I visit and post a message but I just deleted the post. She/he invited me so she obviously had to have read my post of how I play. If she/he's changed her mind about being ok with that then that's what the delete button is for. She/he is welcomed to delete me and find someone suited to her/his playing style.

I play how you want but if you decide to not visit and only gift etc then the fair thing to do is give your neighbors fair warning so they can decide whether they are ok with that and whether they want to continue to be nbrs. There are plenty of other people that you'll be able to find that will suit your playing style.

noahszoo1
04-22-12, 11:08 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform me, sourlicorice2; I will add you so we can gift one another, but I promise I won't tour nor will I expect you, too, as well. I appreciate your honesty about not wanting to tour; I wish everyone would say so on his/her wall. What I've learned to do is give a neighbor three chances after I've toured their zoo; if they haven't toured mine back, I no longer tour them, but I do send gifts and expect them to recriprocate. After three gifts I've sent, if there's no return, I then delete them.

sourlicorice2
04-23-12, 07:02 AM
Be aware of the gifts though. They may have tried to gift you but you were maxed. There is a 20 gift max daily. There's no way of knowing if they tried to gift but couldn't cause you were maxed. I don't pay attention to who or who didn't send a gift cause it's possible they tried but couldn't cause I was maxed already.

yukibosco
04-27-12, 02:14 PM
Thanks for posting this as I also had the same questions . I am also wondering when one of my neighbors asks for a gift and it says accept or decline - if I accept does it automatically send the specific item/gift or do I have to remember who is asking for what and manually send each one? I thought if I hit accept it would send but don't want to assume this and not send anything Thanks!

kooky panda
04-27-12, 02:21 PM
Thanks for posting this as I also had the same questions . I am also wondering when one of my neighbors asks for a gift and it says accept or decline - if I accept does it automatically send the specific item/gift or do I have to remember who is asking for what and manually send each one? I thought if I hit accept it would send but don't want to assume this and not send anything Thanks!

If you hit accept, it will automatically send the item to your neighbor.

yukibosco
04-27-12, 05:07 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response !

jannywanny12345
09-03-12, 02:32 PM
Thanks to both of you for the information, sourlicorice2 & noahszoo1...I am on Level 24 in Zoo Story 2 and really had no clue as to why I was doing what I was doing...I am in a bit of a pickle now in that so far I have accumulated 306 neighbors which is now really too much. I have about 20 or 30 neighbors who now I consider friends that I visit daily and gift daily...and they do the same. Then I try to visit as least 25 more sols daily..doing thrum the alphabet. I. gift everyone daily..all 306 and growing neighbors. I accept all requests for gifts daily. Now I think I will post something on my wall to let everyone know to be patient on the visits as there are just too many..and I am going to keep tract of ones not responding and act accordingly. Thanks again...I really appreciate your input. FROM: jannywanny12345