PDA

View Full Version : Help what OS for the story games

jojopeanut
04-19-12, 06:03 PM
I am looking to upgrade my device I'm looking at a Samsung 4G that has a gingerbread OS..Is this good? Sorry there is no where specific for techie questions on the forums.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 06:07 PM
Yes its good. Note Android gets less features in game then ios.

jojopeanut
04-19-12, 06:13 PM
Thank you :) I know for now I'm going with Android due to my mobile carrier..etcBut at least I know it will worj.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 06:20 PM
It will work. I'm HTC desire gingerbread. Nmishii has a Samsung.

nmishii
04-19-12, 07:19 PM
I have a Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy S) on Gingerbread. It works great with TL games. Its now an older phone and only has 512MB RAM, so I need to keep the games on my SD card, but that's fine with me.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 07:32 PM
Ok please don't laugh.

Is 4g better then 3g? And what's the difference?

jojopeanut
04-19-12, 07:34 PM
Thanks a bushel..I'm looking into getting the Samsung Exhibit 2 4g gingerbread just sounded eatable to me.lol although there are times it might be nice to take a bite of my device lol. Save a run to the kitchen.

Oh thanks moderators for moving thread to the appropriate area. Now to find the thread on how to transfer game to new device.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 07:39 PM
Here you go:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device

nmishii
04-19-12, 08:02 PM
Ok please don't laugh.

Is 4g better then 3g? And what's the difference?

Sometimes.

4G is faster, more like being on wifi. But its not available everywhere and eats up your battery. Good for watching videos, which I haven't done yet on 4G. With my carrier its $10/mo more, which overall really isn't worth it since the 3G is usually good enough for what I want to do. Although sometimes when I can't get on 3G I can get on 4G. I'm not using 4G as much as I thought I would when I bought the phone, but if I got another phone it would be 4G since I don't like going backwards in capability.

For iPhones, I believe 3g and 4g have only to do with the generation and not the speed difference like on Androids.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 08:06 PM
Sometimes.

4G is faster, more like being on wifi. But its not available everywhere and eats up your battery. Good for watching videos, which I haven't done yet on 4G. With my carrier its $10/mo more, which overall really isn't worth it since the 3G is usually good enough for what I want to do. Although sometimes when I can't get on 3G I can get on 4G. I'm not using 4G as much as I thought I would when I bought the phone, but if I got another phone it would be 4G since I don't like going backwards in capability.

For iPhones, I believe 3g and 4g have only to do with the generation and not the speed difference like on Androids.

Ok thanks. I'm on 3g and 90% of the time it's speed is close to when I'm on WiFi. I have another year and a half with this phone, so by the time I get the next one they will all be 4g and people will be getting 5g.

jojopeanut
04-20-12, 05:02 PM
My new phone specs so hope this is all good for game play

Android™ 2.3.5, Gingerbread OS

Prosessor speed: 1GHz, MSM8255, Qualcomm

Pixel=480x800 Pixel Internal Memory---512MB RAM; 4GB ROM Plus will has SD Card

pinkster73
04-20-12, 07:56 PM
My new phone specs so hope this is all good for game play

Android™ 2.3.5, Gingerbread OS

Prosessor speed: 1GHz, MSM8255, Qualcomm

Pixel=480x800 Pixel Internal Memory---512MB RAM; 4GB ROM Plus will has SD Card

I have a 16 GB SD card. That size fits A LOT of useless junk. I mean important documents. Whichever.