PDA

View Full Version : Another accidental 10 gem loss. If TL does not give me them back I quit.

GroovyRuss
04-19-12, 05:56 PM
Another accidental 10 gem loss. If TL does not give me them back I quit.
that is 17 gems lost to no confirm button. Sorry way too much effort to lose
gems over and over. I worked my{} off to get those gems to buy another slot.

pinkster73
04-19-12, 06:02 PM
Awww :(

PinkStarbelly
04-19-12, 08:36 PM
I know it's frustrating .. But since the situation is what it is, be careful and pay extra attention on where you know accidents happens easy.

RoseMeyer
04-19-12, 08:46 PM
see ya around...

oreo1981
04-19-12, 08:51 PM
Maaaan, I keep saying no gem confirm is not better for business.. users erage quit and a potential long term customer which could possibly give referal to friends is gone.
Dont blame ya.

GroovyRuss
04-20-12, 06:16 AM
team lava just doesn't get it. players leaving because of the poor design. Many players NOT buying gems because of fear of losing them to all the gem traps. If you do buy gems you are forced to use them right away. Sure you can "pay extra attention" but then it becomes HARD WORK and not a fun game. Seriously my screen on iPhone is small my hands are big. It just is not easy for me to be 100% spot on every single time. A simple confirm screen is all that is needed.

the other thing team lava doesn't seem to understand is that the cost of gems is WAY too high. This is electronic media there is no real tangible product to make or ship etc... they should price gems for volume. Most players never buy gems because they are so over priced. My nephew said to me (he is 10) "10% off is not a Sale. It's a discount" haha he is so right. Most of my neighbors have never bought gems and never will. However, if they lowered the standard price to say half of what it is now. most would buy gems. Better to make $10 off these players then $0.

If gems were better priced then it also would not be so bad when you are caught in a gem trap. That was a $1.81 gem trap for me. (tax included) Should be interesting to see what my credit card company does. lol

hanatsuki
04-20-12, 07:09 AM
If only teamlava listens to us... We've been stating this issue for a very long time. I lost over 100 gems other day for finishing food all at once because I was collecting tips too fast and clicked an oven... I don't understand why they have "finish all food for whatever gems" because no way people are paying over a hundred to finish food.

mingboo
04-20-12, 07:40 AM
Looks like we are losing another player...

ultrafrog
04-20-12, 08:20 AM
Making less money selling gems to players?

TL's solution?

Let's put gambling ads in our games.

Branston73
04-20-12, 08:23 AM
This is so silly! Please sort this out TeamLava!

tzvetkata
04-20-12, 09:54 AM
It's about time TL do something about the gem traps! :(

TL's solution?

The ads are the only reason I'm glad I'm playing the game on an Android device.

AnnasCoffee
04-20-12, 10:12 AM
Sorry you lost your gems GroovyRuss :(. We've all been there, it hurts.

I'd like to share my "trick" for making the gem traps hurt a whole lot less!!! ... I don't PAY for my gems (I ONLY use earned gems to decorate my bakery). And at the risk of sounded arrogant... My Bakery is GOURGEOUS !!! We are not required to buy gems. It's a FREE game.

This is how I chose to deal with the gem traps. When we have a confirmation button I might buy some gems :)

Here is a picture of my beautiful FREE bakery....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o640/AnnasCoffee/bffda7e0.jpg

AnnasCoffee
04-20-12, 10:14 AM
Oopps... Let me try that again...
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o640/AnnasCoffee/9f009579.jpg

bakerbarbie12
04-20-12, 12:46 PM
That is insane. I have an iPad and even with the bigger screen, it's easy to do. They purposely flash all that stuff across the screen knowing how easy it is to accidentally tap something. I would rather make money with reasonably priced gems and happy customers than by accidental purchases and mad customers.

sweetsucess
04-20-12, 12:52 PM

TL's solution?

So agree and I quit. Have already informed my neighbors in all eight TL games that Inplayed and uninstalled. BYe Bye TL

cosmochef
07-09-12, 05:01 PM
I just lost 10 "purchased gems" as I was browsing on the decorations. I clicked on the item just to view and I was told my coins are not enough to purchase the item. On the window it says ok. So I clicked ok to finish my browsing. It automatically deducted my gems to purchase the needed coins! I didn't want to purchase the item and was saving my gems for expansion. I can easily earn my coins. How can I get back my gems? This type of purchase is very tricky and deceiving.

Jayla0709
07-09-12, 05:24 PM
I just lost 15 Gems today by accidentally recovering spoiled food. I've lost gems before by accidentally cooking food fast, accidentally getting parts that I needed, etc.. But today I lost so much all at once and I was saving it and trying my best to be careful not to use them.. But it just had to happen! :/ Is this some kind of way to make people lose gems and decide to buy some?

chewytwix
07-10-12, 06:54 PM
I played for 1.5 years and never bought any gems. I watched the prices go up, the gem count go down (I remember when they used to offer 500+ gems), and have witnessed and experienced the notorious gem trap.

I don't plan on buying...ever. Spending money on images when there's a high chance I'll one day accidentally make a gem purchase I didn't intend to? What a waste.

If TL doesn't believe us, why don't they just hire a statistician to see how much they would make by taking any of our suggestions compared to their current profit? (confirm button, or lowering price) Since they're really good at tracking our gem purchases, but not offering to help us afterwards, this shouldn't be too hard.

ultrafrog
07-10-12, 08:00 PM
TL does appear to run experiments on players. That's why some players can have double the coin costs to prepare recipes, why sales are random, why weekly offers are random, why prices for expansions and additional appliances can double or quadruple at any time.

trace35
07-11-12, 03:56 AM
Bye groovyruss. Thanx for your imput in the forum.

And to concur with Anna, that's why I don't buy gems. Imagine No one bought them? If you got bad service from a store you wouldn't go back and purchase more items from them ! So why keep buying gems when you receive nothing but grief? Come on!

LynnStorm8
07-11-12, 08:04 AM
I just lost 10 "purchased gems" as I was browsing on the decorations. I clicked on the item just to view and I was told my coins are not enough to purchase the item. On the window it says ok. So I clicked ok to finish my browsing. It automatically deducted my gems to purchase the needed coins! I didn't want to purchase the item and was saving my gems for expansion. I can easily earn my coins. How can I get back my gems? This type of purchase is very tricky and deceiving.

THIS is exactly how I lost 20 Gems the other day.

I've never lost Gems via other accidental clicks
because I try my best to be careful.

Now this deco browsing thingamajig is really misleading.
Try it and look at the interface.

JUST DON'T CLICK "OK"!

bobbyrae
07-11-12, 09:30 AM
Just remember to always click the "x" instead of "ok". I have found that when those little boxes appear it is always best to slow down and read what is being asked before clicking anything. I once accidentally spent 24 gems on opening a box in farm because I clicked too fast. I have lost one whole bag of gems as well because of those little traps, including buying coins:mad: which traps apparently will never be removed. I have never bought gems, thankfully. And no doubt never will as i would be so petrified of losing them accidentally on something like buying coins...:mad: that I'd end up spending them all on something I didn't really want!

Remember:
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/72bc25ed.jpg

pinkster73
07-11-12, 10:09 AM
The box pop up is misleading because on the other pop ups about updates etc you click ok to close the pop up, but if you click ok on the box one you buy the box. I've done that.

trace35
07-11-12, 01:39 PM
Clever.

bunny_foo
07-12-12, 12:26 PM
Oh I never knew that... thank-you for pointing out the difference between the x and ok :)

LynnStorm8
07-13-12, 08:50 PM
THIS is exactly how I lost 20 Gems the other day.
I've never lost Gems via other accidental clicks
because I try my best to be careful.

Now this deco browsing thingamajig is really misleading.
Try it and look at the interface.
JUST DON'T CLICK "OK"!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5sfO7lieL6I/UADqsM-8LNI/AAAAAAAAB4c/iKC3qZc9ZQM/s128/photo2.JPG

This screencap says everything.

There is NO "BUY GEMS" anywhere!

At least bobbyrae's screencap (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27452-Another-accidental-10-gem-loss.-If-TL-does-not-give-me-them-back-I-quit.&p=348473&viewfull=1#post348473) contains "Buy more Gems"...

LynnStorm8
07-13-12, 09:13 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5sfO7lieL6I/UADqsM-8LNI/AAAAAAAAB4c/iKC3qZc9ZQM/s128/photo2.JPG

This screencap says everything.

There is NO "BUY GEMS" anywhere!

At least bobbyrae's screencap (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27452-Another-accidental-10-gem-loss.-If-TL-does-not-give-me-them-back-I-quit.&p=348473&viewfull=1#post348473) contains "Buy more Gems"...

Whoops! Wrong image...
Should be this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5sfO7lieL6I/UADqsM-8LNI/AAAAAAAAB4c/iKC3qZc9ZQM/s1600/photo2.JPG

katsevek
07-13-12, 09:19 PM
If they would lwt us find gems while tipping mabee wouldnt lose so many players, and how exactaly do clothes expire fashion? Huh dosnt happen at walmart duhhhhh

pinkster73
07-13-12, 09:26 PM
The clothes don't go bad at your Wal -mart? Bah well

meowwmixx
07-14-12, 02:12 PM
seriously ive lost 20 and im kinda freakin out it really sucks. honestly don't even get why theres a button to finish the food instantly thats the worst waste of coins there can be. grrr:mad:

meowwmixx
07-14-12, 02:12 PM
gems*** ha oops

07-14-12, 02:17 PM
Another accidental 10 gem loss. If TL does not give me them back I quit.
that is 17 gems lost to no confirm button. Sorry way too much effort to lose
gems over and over. I worked my{} off to get those gems to buy another slot.
I agree with you! TEAMLAVA NEEDS TO HAVE A CONFIRM BUTTON!!!!! :@ I lost 24 gems!! Because there was no confirm button!!!

ariesblu
07-14-12, 03:09 PM
I agree with you! TEAMLAVA NEEDS TO HAVE A CONFIRM BUTTON!!!!! :@ I lost 24 gems!! Because there was no confirm button!!!

Never going to happen, unfortunately.

rainecat
07-15-12, 07:01 PM
=\ I just spent 80 on expansion.... I know for being a somewhat long-time player...I should be more careful. But still, quite a devastating loss. Most likely will quit unless can get this reversed. I've lost 24 before early on and let it go although a little set. But 80... I don't see how difficult it could be for them to reserve big mistakes just to keep customers happy. I wouldn't mind supporting a company that had great customer service.

nmishii
07-15-12, 07:59 PM
TL's policy is to not refund gem purchases, whether accidental or on purpose. And it doesn't appear they will add a gem confirmation - that would only cut down on the number of gems people use.