PDA

View Full Version : I feel like..

pretty747
04-19-12, 08:29 AM
I might be done with this game. :( And it makes me really sad to feel that way.

At the moment I am trying to decide whether to stick it out, or to quit.

My reasons for quitting are -

- Sick and tired of the popups especially the new slots popup which I feel is incredibly inappropriate.
- Finished all the goals.
- Finding it difficult to earn enough money to upgrade/expand (I think I might be suffering from the losing coins bug).
- The gem traps still exist and I don't feel like TL have any intentions of changing that.
- The new flying stars and coins have really got in the way of how I play the game, plus I don't think I am getting star credit for the tips I am doing in neighbours stores, I've dropped to a 3 because I don't stick around to tap on the stars. I know some think the star credit still applies but I have to say that hasn't been my experience.

My reasons for not quitting -

- I have a lot of great neighbours who I would miss visiting.
- I do like the game itself, and the fashion.
- I like to play the game as my wind down time before going to sleep.

I think I'll sit on it for a week or so before making a final decision.. but I am definitely leaning towards quitting. :( If I do I'll drop around and let all my neighbours know.

People are part of what makes this game brilliant, but let me just say the people in charge are making some very bad decisions and unfortunately as a result of those bad decisions you'll lose some of the best and loyal game playing people..

Guess it'll be back to reading books before bedtime instead of checking on what the neighbs are up to. :/

lollyloo123
04-19-12, 09:59 AM
There's tonnes of people who feel exactly the same and I stand entirely behind your opinons. Its just getting daft now to play, I used to be on nearly every day - now I only play about once a week - when the update comes and when my orders are ready. Its just so dull.

I'd keep the game if i were you - especially if you've spent any money in the game - I have and I guess thats the only reason I'm playing still :/

But whatever you chose, good luck :)

-Beautique

sweetsucess
04-20-12, 02:21 PM
I have quit, already informed my neighbors and stopped making and collecting from all eight of the TL games I played. Just hanging in a few days to respond to neighbors that make reply comments on my wall.

My reason for quitting are the SLots ads. Plus I agree with your other arguments.

Branston73
04-20-12, 02:27 PM
:mad:Well if everyone else is quitting I might aswell quit. I am sick and tired of these Pop-Ups! If they don't go in the next week I will be e-mailing TeamLava and tell them about this. :mad:.

sweetstuff525
04-20-12, 02:31 PM
:mad:Well if everyone else is quitting I might aswell quit. I am sick and tired of these Pop-Ups! If they don't go in the next week I will be e-mailing TeamLava and tell them about this. :mad:.

They already know about it but I guess they can't break the contract they started with slots.... It's not like tl is going to come to the forum before entering Into a contract to get money

Rachael98
04-20-12, 03:14 PM
A word about Slots: it's made by Shark Party, LLC and although they haven't announced anything yet, I believe it's actually a Storm8 company - so they're just advertising their own new game.
If you want proof, their Terms of Service (www.sharkparty.com/terms) and TL's Terms of Service (www.teamlava.com/terms) are suspiciously similar.
Their Forums are also set up similarly using vB.
I wasn't planning to say anything until it was announced by them, but I wanted to point out that they probably don't have a Shark Party contract with themselves, and probably don't make money from advertising their own product.

flaquitachula
04-22-12, 08:59 PM
I am curious....if you delete the game what happens to your store? does it disappear? I know that the info is stored on a server in case of an accidental delete??

AnnasCoffee
04-22-12, 09:22 PM
You can delete it. If you decide to play again you can download it again. Your game will still be there, same as it was.

I'm not playing anymore but I'm not going to delete my game. I think if you delete it you can't rate the game in the app store anymore. I want to be able to give this game the rating it deserves. My coins are missing and I'm being told I won't get them back, I'm definitely going to rate this game.

moda999
04-22-12, 11:36 PM
You can delete it. If you decide to play again you can download it again. Your game will still be there, same as it was.

I'm not playing anymore but I'm not going to delete my game. I think if you delete it you can't rate the game in the app store anymore. I want to be able to give this game the rating it deserves. My coins are missing and I'm being told I won't get them back, I'm definitely going to rate this game.

Over the weekend I started getting the popup asking me to rate fashion BUT with the addition of a sentence below saying Please leave nice comments

It also showed up in restaurant this morning. I thought it was strange as I rated the Slots game using this id (guess what rating I gave Slots?!!!) and the popup only shows on games under this id. My other device is a different id and no sign of this popup. Anyone else seen it?

AnnasCoffee
04-23-12, 08:54 AM
Over the weekend I started getting the popup asking me to rate fashion BUT with the addition of a sentence below saying Please leave nice comments

It also showed up in restaurant this morning. I thought it was strange as I rated the Slots game using this id (guess what rating I gave Slots?!!!) and the popup only shows on games under this id. My other device is a different id and no sign of this popup. Anyone else seen it?

Yup, I just had the same thing. On my AnnasCoffee ID I am being asked to rate and leave nice comments. On my other ID I don't get that pop up. I have never logged into the forum with my other ID.

By the way... The COIN BUG hit me in my other game, I lost like $68,000... Oh well, I don't even care anymore. I decided to shut the doors in that game too. I guess the only way to beat the coin bug is to quit. The game was fun for a little while... I never bought gems!!! I can walk away from this game happy :)

flaquitachula
04-24-12, 08:00 PM

If you delete it how does it appear to your neighbors?

sourlicorice2
04-24-12, 08:40 PM
It'll appear the same. They'll still be able to visit your shop. If you quit it may be a good idea to let your neighbors know so they arent left hanging.