PDA

View Full Version : Lack of help for lost gems

04-18-12, 03:22 PM
In the appliance section it states "you have reached the maximum number of appliances" "unlock now for 24 gems". So unfortunately I paid the fee thinking it would unlock appliances that I've already purchased. What you're not told is that it locks back up after you take one out. It's a one time deal! This is so "misleading" and it needs to be fixed. I've lost 24 gems and the biggest insult as a customer is I can't get anyone to help me retrieve them.

ultrafrog
04-18-12, 04:03 PM
It's not a one time deal. It raises the maximum number of appliances you can place in your restaurant by 1. Is it not doing that?

For example, if you had 18 appliance slots, unlocking 1 slot would let you place 19. It does not lock back up after you take one out. It only allows you to place one more appliance, not all of your appliances in storage.

If you want to use a different set of appliances, store them and place different ones.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-18-12, 04:08 PM
I don't think it's worth 24 gems to be able to have ONE more appliance. I kind of thought it would be unlimited.

11742- TL is not going to give your gems back. They won't even do it when you accidently spend them or if you get caught in a gem trap. There are other threads in her where people are talking about the same thing. I agree that it's misleading.

04-18-12, 06:44 PM
Hi Ultrafrog I understand what you're saying.....NOW because I've learned the hard way. My point is even if I had 100 appliances in my restaurant all it states is "unlock now for 24 gems" Is it crazy to assume my access would remain open? Unfortunately it is a one time deal because I was locked out and shocked. It should state "unlock ONE appliance now for 24 gems".

04-18-12, 06:49 PM
Hi SmokeyMtnGirl All I can say is just THANK YOU for validating. It is misleading and I'd hate for someone else to experience it. I have to say I enjoy playing very much however purchasing gems makes us paying customers. I think it's only right that there be some proper customer service of than "I'm sorry this happened to you, we'll forward this to the team". Meanwhile it's just me and the sound of crickets.

sweetstuff525
04-18-12, 06:55 PM
Hi SmokeyMtnGirl All I can say is just THANK YOU for validating. It is misleading and I'd hate for someone else to experience it. I have to say I enjoy playing very much however purchasing gems makes us paying customers. I think it's only right that there be some proper customer service of than "I'm sorry this happened to you, we'll forward this to the team". Meanwhile it's just me and the sound of crickets.

That has happened to many people I believe... But unlike you they mistakenly tap that button by mistake and there goes 24 gems
My. Biggest gem trap I have fallen to is finish dish for 5 gems maybe like 5 times. But tl doesn't refund gems it's their policy I think. People have been asking for a confirmation button for over a year and yet nothing. Nor a word if it will ever happen

patriziaf
04-18-12, 06:57 PM
In the appliance section it states "you have reached the maximum number of appliances" "unlock now for 24 gems". So unfortunately I paid the fee thinking it would unlock appliances that I've already purchased. What you're not told is that it locks back up after you take one out. It's a one time deal! This is so "misleading" and it needs to be fixed. I've lost 24 gems and the biggest insult as a customer is I can't get anyone to help me retrieve them. I also thought at the beginning that for 24 gems, a big amount, you could unlock forever the appliances. Yes, it is bad explained and when you discover the truth it is too late. I couldn't believe that ONE tile could cost one or more gems: you need hundreds of them for one restaurant floor. And one fountain for 80 gems,.. Crazy. 10 or 20 special tiles should cost 1 gem, one fountain 5 gems,..

patriziaf
04-18-12, 06:59 PM
What they sell us is only virtual, some pixels, nothing more.

04-18-12, 07:43 PM
Hi Sweetstuff525 Thank you for responding. I'd like to say that most restaurants I've seen have fountains, gardens, and now spaceships. Players deck out their places and there's nothing wrong with that. Whether players purchase their gems or earn them they are OURS. We shouldn't have to shrug off 5 gems and say O Well. By selling gems and especially selling them on SALE they're offering a service and players are paying for it. Why should we get penalized for playing. As far as a policy I have yet to see one and I've officially requested a copy.

04-18-12, 07:50 PM
Actually if players are making a purchase for gems or if they're being advertised as on SALE then players are using their credit cards. Now a transaction has taken place that the cardholder is responsible for paying. Virtual or pixels it doesn't matter. They're providing a service that players are purchasing.

trace35
04-18-12, 08:01 PM
I don't think it's worth 24 gems to be able to have ONE more appliance. I kind of thought it would be unlimited.

11742- TL is not going to give your gems back. They won't even do it when you accidently spend them or if you get caught in a gem trap. There are other threads in her where people are talking about the same thing. I agree that it's misleading.

Considering it takes many levels to be able to add a new appliance, I think 24 gems is great value! Imagine if only 24 gems unlocked unlimited appliances! Everyone would have as many as they wanted and it would take away the whole point of the game ie: trying to level up to add a new appliance. Considering it costs 20 gems to purchase a painting or other boring deco, I can't believe u thought this!

04-18-12, 08:18 PM
You know its funny because when you're level 96 or more there's not a whole lot left to accomplish. It didn't cross my mind to unlock the appliances so I could flood my straunt with appliances to cook egg salad, bunny biscuits, or cookies. I thought I was gaining access to appliances I had already purchased. I took it for what it said and that's why I was surprised.

trace35
04-18-12, 08:53 PM
I mean no disrespect. It genuinely never occurred to me it could mean more than one appliance but I understand u genuinely feel misleaded! I think someone already mentioned u can access ur pre purchased appliances by putting one in storage.

04-18-12, 09:49 PM
Hi Trace35, Yeah I should've known it was done as a "deadfall". This games sole purpose is to drive retail sales by gaining those credit card numbers. Its not even accredited with the BBB and it holds a D- rating. Nobody eats at a D- straunt...rofl

trace35
04-18-12, 11:20 PM
I hear ya! Lol!

ultrafrog
04-18-12, 11:24 PM
Personally I didn't think it was that reasonable to assume that it would unlock unlimited slots but I suppose some people took it that way. I mean.. 24 gems allowing you to pack every inch of your restaurant with appliances? When it costs 80 gems (or more?) for a single expansion, it doesn't seem reasonable to me that it would unlock unlimited slots.

Obviously some people thought otherwise. Documentation is lacking in the games though, and a lot of other things.

Their focus is on getting people to spend their gems, either intentionally or unintentionally so that people buy more with real money.

04-19-12, 08:43 AM
I didn't want to purchase more appliances, I just wanted access to the ones I already paid for that are sitting in storage. If I had known that they were actually selling my appliances back to me but at a significantly higher price I wouldn't have done it. Although the game states at the beginning that "you get 6 gems free" the reality is that the game is set up so you either spend them all at the beginning on a coconut chair because you don't know better or you loose them when your cooking and all of a sudden you are the proud owner of the most expensive corned beef hash ever!

estiquesophy
04-19-12, 09:07 AM
Actually if players are making a purchase for gems or if they're being advertised as on SALE then players are using their credit cards. Now a transaction has taken place that the cardholder is responsible for paying. Virtual or pixels it doesn't matter. They're providing a service that players are purchasing.

I had this problem in all the story games I played. There's no way that TL will return the gems either lost by traps or being misled. But I found my solution through apple. You can either write to iTunes store or google (if you are on android) and describe the anguish you have felt with TL, they will gladly refund you the money paid for your gems. Apple and google will then investigate this issue. I hope my suggestion help. It really took a lot of anger away with apple's assurance.

trace35
04-19-12, 04:12 PM
I didn't want to purchase more appliances, I just wanted access to the ones I already paid for that are sitting in storage. If I had known that they were actually selling my appliances back to me but at a significantly higher price I wouldn't have done it. Although the game states at the beginning that "you get 6 gems free" the reality is that the game is set up so you either spend them all at the beginning on a coconut chair because you don't know better or you loose them when your cooking and all of a sudden you are the proud owner of the most expensive corned beef hash ever!I am slightly concerned that u are not aware that your previously purchased appliances are all available to you for free. We only ever pay once for an appliance and then can access it at any time we want to swap them around!

04-19-12, 04:22 PM
Hi Estiquesophy, Thank you for your input I actually just read something about that. I'm so blown away that we as players loose our gems everyday and its just generally accepted. I know TL isn't going to give me my gems back however it doesn't mean I have to take it. I've actually emailed support and asked them what do they support? I have to say I've had radio silence from them but I'd like to see it in writing. I'm going to contact google as well as my credit card company and the BBB.

DaojinWildfire
04-19-12, 04:26 PM
Hi Estiquesophy, Thank you for your input I actually just read something about that. I'm so blown away that we as players loose our gems everyday and its just generally accepted. I know TL isn't going to give me my gems back however it doesn't mean I have to take it. I've actually emailed support and asked them what do they support? I have to say I've had radio silence from them but I'd like to see it in writing. I'm going to contact google as well as my credit card company and the BBB.
It may take 3-5 business days for a support agent to review and respond to your ticket. If you don't receive a response after 5 business days, feel free to send me a PM with your ticket number and I'll check its status.

04-19-12, 04:29 PM
yeah I think we covered this but perhaps it was lost in translation. Keyword being "swap". I know I could've taken one of my stoves/ovens and turned it in so I could take something else out but I didn't want to "swap". Beings that they were offering another option I took it and lost.

DAmanding
04-19-12, 04:50 PM
I don't remember the details but I seem to remember Daojin? explaining that having the purchase on your credit card refunded *if you already spent the gems* can get you into some sort of difficulty with TL. I don't remember what it was, blocked from the game or owing them money next time you want to purchase gems or something to that effect. Maybe Daojin can refresh my memory.

sweetstuff525
04-20-12, 10:46 AM
I don't remember the details but I seem to remember Daojin? explaining that having the purchase on your credit card refunded *if you already spent the gems* can get you into some sort of difficulty with TL. I don't remember what it was, blocked from the game or owing them money next time you want to purchase gems or something to that effect. Maybe Daojin can refresh my memory.

Yeah I remember that post from daojin ,....something about getting account suspended

sweetstuff525
04-20-12, 10:56 AM
I understand the reason to go to Apple for a refund for accidental gem purchases. If you purchase a gem package by accident and the full amount of gems are still on the account, then there should be no issue processing a refund. If you purchase a gem package and use a portion of the gems, then your account no longer has the original amount of gems received from the purchase. Since there is less than the full amount of gems purchased on the account ...

Please remember that I did mention that this was a word of caution. I'm only providing information so you don't accidentally permanently suspend your own account.

Okay this is the post I found

sweetstuff525
04-20-12, 10:59 AM
A word of caution when requesting refunds, if your account does not have enough Gems/CC to cover the refund, your account may be permanently suspended in order for the refund to be processed.

And this one

04-20-12, 11:28 AM
Wow really? So you stand to face a "fire retribution" if you try to do something about your lost gems?

ultrafrog
04-20-12, 12:06 PM
No, you would never get a refund for accidentally buying a spaceship because your phone is glitchy. They would tell you you're just plain out of luck. If you disputed the purchase on your credit card you used to buy gems to get that money back, then your account could be locked because TL isn't able to deduct the number of gems you bought.

04-20-12, 04:09 PM
I think the word of the day is "NO". "NO" I can not help you. Can I get my gems back? "NO". Can you explain to me why? "NO" Can I get justice? "NO" Live it, Learn it, Love it!

estiquesophy
04-20-12, 05:19 PM
I think the word of the day is "NO". "NO" I can not help you. Can I get my gems back? "NO". Can you explain to me why? "NO" Can I get justice? "NO" Live it, Learn it, Love it!

Don't be discouraged! Write to Apple or google first and see what happened! I didn't experienced that from TL. My gems are not accidentally bought and so is yours!