PDA

View Full Version : Can we purchase gems with coins?

ShelesSweets
04-17-12, 01:05 PM
I found a FAQ thread, but can't find it again. It said something about earning gems by baking but I'm only getting coins & stars when I get an award for baking. How do I get coins for baking?

Also, there is furniture I can only purchase for gems. Does that ever change so I can purchase the same furniture for coins instead?

Is it possible to tradecoins for gems?

xokay
04-17-12, 01:27 PM
No, it's not possible to purchase gems with coins, unfortunately.
However, when you're baking, if you bake enough of the same recipe, say, Chocolate Chip Cookies, there are different mastery levels. Levels 2 and 4 give you a gem. :)

Rachael98
04-17-12, 01:28 PM
1) That's mastery - there is a little progress bar on each recipe in the recipe book. Cook the same dish lots and you get a gem on levels 2 & 4.
You can also earn gems checking out "Events and Contests" here!

2) Not generally, though prices are always subject to change!

3) Whilst you can trade gems for coins, not coins for gems. This is primarily because gems are TL's only real source of income!

lin77
04-17-12, 01:32 PM
Would be awesome if we could.....but it will never happen cuz it's not real money out of our pockets buying the coins!

lin77
04-17-12, 01:32 PM
I mean buying gems......

Rachael98
04-17-12, 01:33 PM
Problem is, TeamLava going out of business and shutting down their servers is most certainly not awesome:cool:.

lin77
04-17-12, 01:37 PM
Well then they can charge to even get the apps.

Rachael98
04-17-12, 01:46 PM
Well then they can charge to even get the apps.

They'd make no where near as much money, and have less users.

No way - I like them as a freemium:).

lin77
04-17-12, 01:54 PM
They'd make no where near as much money, and have less users.

No way - I like them as a freemium:).

Exactly....and that's why they don't do it that way...cuz they know they would make more money w/ people buying gems than a one time app purchase! And another reason why you cant use coins for gems...no money for them!

PinkStarbelly
04-17-12, 09:21 PM
As much as I understand why you can buy coins with gens but not the other way around, I wish they could change it. I wouldn't mind if it was outrageously more expebsive than buying coins with gems. Just like how we spend days to master a recipe for 2 small gems. Let us have the opportunity to buy gems with coins even if a single gem would cost 100k or even 500k. Let us have the opportunity TL!! Pretty please!

PinkStarbelly
04-17-12, 09:53 PM
I was thinking, for beginners an outrageous price might be unfair as it's impossible for them to take part of this. Maybe if TL increased the price after every purchase like they do with expansion costs. Eg. first gem costs 10k, 2nd costs 20k ..

sparks229
04-17-12, 10:19 PM
Yes but TL still has to make some money. I mean have you ever used gems to expand yet? I haven't. It's completely up to you if you want gems or not. I know someone said this before but if you fall into a gem trap ,which you're pretty much certain to, it'll hurt a lot less if you didn't spend your money on it

HeraZ
04-18-12, 04:31 PM
What I do is disable in-app purchases until I want to buy gems, and then immediately spend my gems, close out and disable in-app purchases again. Not foolproof, but it minimizes risk....

I wish you could buy gems with coins. Just keep the gem -> coin exchange rate the same (20,000 coins = 10 gems). That would be awesome.

PinkStarbelly
04-18-12, 04:52 PM
I wish you could buy gems with coins. Just keep the gem -> coin exchange rate the same (20,000 coins = 10 gems). That would be awesome.

That would be a dream come true and most likely never happen. I make more than 20,000 a day and if I could exchange them for gems TL would never be able to make real money. Hehe!

sparks229
04-18-12, 05:20 PM
That would be a dream come true and most likely never happen. I make more than 20,000 a day and if I could exchange them for gems TL would never be able to make real money. Hehe!

Haha same here. I think you're my neighbor and by the looks of your bakery you'll always have enough.

HeraZ
04-20-12, 01:11 PM

To minimize loss of revenue on TL's part, they could make it a random, limited-time opportunity like the gem sales we get now. I know that would make me a lot less likely to complain about paying for it when I have to! At least I'd feel like I had fairly good odds of getting affordable gems, even if I almost never saw the exchange sales....

Ypes
04-20-12, 01:36 PM
No ofc not if it would it'll be like 10m for 1 gem since when you have every coin item 5 times or more you dont need to buy anything with coins and advancally youll have above 20-30m+ coins