PDA

View Full Version : what happened to my coins?

smiley5555
04-16-12, 06:28 PM
I logged in. It told me I had made 20,000+ coins but they never registered? Has anyone else had this happen?

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 06:29 PM
I haven't but others have said this. I think it's a bug :(

kooky panda
04-16-12, 06:38 PM
If you on on IOS, make sure you are playing on the valentine version.

smiley5555
04-16-12, 07:10 PM
What is IOS? I am playing on the kindle fire.

greygull
04-16-12, 07:11 PM
iOS is another operating system (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch).

Are you using the most current version? 1.3.7

smiley5555
04-16-12, 07:14 PM
I just went in again and it did the same thing. I actually saw the coins go in this time and watched it revert back :>(

smiley5555
04-16-12, 07:15 PM

Ahhh ok. Thanks! How do I check which version I have?

greygull
04-16-12, 07:30 PM
Under Menu - Help/FAQ. It will be on the outer edge of the square, on the bottom right side.

sparks229
04-16-12, 09:50 PM
Ah you have just experienced the coin bug. Lots of people have it. I have never paid too much attention myself to notice

mingboo
04-16-12, 10:28 PM
Ah you have just experienced the coin bug. Lots of people have it. I have never paid too much attention myself to notice

sparks, you do not have to pay attention to it if you do not have much use of the coins. but you will if need the coins. i never pay attention on my coins until TL came up with new expansions. i would have use gems if it is 40 gems or less but at 80 gems, there is no way i am using the gem!! my next expansion require 15 millions coins!! it will take a while to get that...even withfecs's t-pattern!! and if you losing coins, you will NEVER get there!!

sweetstuff525
04-17-12, 05:19 AM
sparks, you do not have to pay attention to it if you do not have much use of the coins. but you will if need the coins. i never pay attention on my coins until TL came up with new expansions. i would have use gems if it is 40 gems or less but at 80 gems, there is no way i am using the gem!! my next expansion require 15 millions coins!! it will take a while to get that...even withfecs's t-pattern!! and if you losing coins, you will NEVER get there!!

i am wit sparks on this one i also have expansion to do but i dont really pay attention to coins because what can you do just report it..but they never return the coins back so why get mad over something that will not have a solution you want like getting coins back

smiley5555
04-17-12, 08:30 AM
I have that latest version. That really stinks about the bug! Thanks for your help everyone!

kooky panda
04-17-12, 10:56 AM
I have that latest version. That really stinks about the bug! Thanks for your help everyone!
If you are on the regular game and still have the valentine game, switch to the valentine game until the manual update is released for the regular version.

lin77
04-17-12, 01:42 PM

Kindle fire only has one version greygull! So not really an option to download another version....and yes the version is 1.3.7! Seems TL members should all know this!

lin77
04-17-12, 01:44 PM

It happens to me and my friend too, we both have kindle fires. It is a bug and they aren't fixing it...so instill they do you have to exit out of the game and go back in then you will see the coins that were taken away are back. Try it. :)

lin77
04-17-12, 01:51 PM
If you are on the regular game and still have the valentine game, switch to the valentine game until the manual update is released for the regular version.

Again....the kindle fire only has one version! So cant download any other version except for the 1.3.7!

triplenipple
04-17-12, 02:58 PM
I received a pop-up on my iPhone 4S saying that the Valentine version is no longer compatible and I should start using the normal Bakery Story app. So I deleted the valentine one.. But I still have the same problem of over 100,000 coins going missing every morning when I log onto my bakery to collect coins & serve food.

Over the last few months iv lost over 1 million of coins. And I didn't have enough money to make food so I had to sell things from my inventory just to make food. Totally Disheartening.

If you on on IOS, make sure you are playing on the valentine version.

kooky panda
04-17-12, 03:09 PM
I received a pop-up on my iPhone 4S saying that the Valentine version is no longer compatible and I should start using the normal Bakery Story app. So I deleted the valentine one.. But I still have the same problem of over 100,000 coins going missing every morning when I log onto my bakery to collect coins & serve food.

Over the last few months iv lost over 1 million of coins. And I didn't have enough money to make food so I had to sell things from my inventory just to make food. Totally Disheartening.

the regular version does not have the bug fixes yet for this old coin loss, but the manual update for the regular version should be here soon.

I can confirm that updates for the regular versions will be out relatively soon. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Some players have posted that they have gone to their itunes account and synced and pulled the valentine game back into their device.

triplenipple
04-17-12, 03:14 PM
the regular version does not have the bug fixes yet for this old coin loss, but the manual update for the regular version should be here soon.

Some players have posted that they have gone to their itunes account and synced and pulled the valentine game back into their device.

Thank you kooky panda, that is most helpful!! I shall log on to iTunes in the morning and do just that.
Tallyho pip pip :)

kooky panda
04-17-12, 03:20 PM
Thank you kooky panda, that is most helpful!! I shall log on to iTunes in the morning and do just that.
Tallyho pip pip :)

Hopefully we will have the manual update to the regular version soon. It has been a little confusing.

lin77
04-17-12, 03:21 PM

So there will be an update to fix the coin issue? Did I understand that right? Even for kindle fire users?

AnnasCoffee
04-17-12, 04:29 PM
So there will be an update to fix the coin issue? Did I understand that right? Even for kindle fire users?

Even if they do fix it... It will be back. It always comes back. They fixed it in October, it was back in December. Look on this forum, you can find threads about coin loss every month, going all the way back to a year and a half ago.

Coin loss has always been an issue. Team Lava doesn't care enough to fix it.

sparks229
04-17-12, 04:51 PM

I really have no use for coins since I don't really want to expand anymore. I want to get the chocolate fountain which will leave me with about 1,500,000 coins. My next expansion is somewhere around 2 million I think and like I said I don't plan on any more expansions. But if I get it I'll just make room. If I do have the coin bug, I'll probably only notice if I lose like a million or something.

hunny124
04-17-12, 06:20 PM
I went from 50,000 to 700 when I logged in my game today..I can't play this game if this don't get fixed very soon..whats the sense if you can't even buy new recipes because you are too broke..and I got food all over my bakery supposed to be making me money..this is sad..please FIX THIS!!!

kooky panda
04-17-12, 06:22 PM
I went from 50,000 to 700 when I logged in my game today..I can't play this game if this don't get fixed very soon..whats the sense if you can't even buy new recipes because you are too broke..and I got food all over my bakery supposed to be making me money..this is sad..please FIX THIS!!!
What is the version of the game you are playing? under menu-help- number at the very bottom.

hunny124
04-17-12, 06:26 PM
I am on an android version 1.3.6.05

RoseMeyer
04-17-12, 08:15 PM
Look on this forum, you can find threads about coin loss every month, going all the way back to a year and a half ago.

ZOMG< I had NO IDEA it was this old. They really don't give a *you know what*.

BigFam
04-18-12, 07:35 AM
What I have learned/noticed about the coin bug:
1) It seems to only happen to me when I have been away from the game for some length of time, and the bug only seems to hit when I have food ready to serve.
2) If the bug hits, and my coin total goes up, then drops back down, I have been able to get my lost coins back by immediately hard closing the app and restarting it.
3) To hard close the app (with an IPad at least), you
A) click the button at the bottom of the IPad to exit the game
B) once out, double click the button at the bottom of the IPad, and it opens up a list of all apps currently open
C) press and hold down on the BS app until a minus sign appears over it
D) press again on the BS app, and it will disappear, hard closing the app
E) press the button at the bottom of the IPad to exit out, then get back to the regular BS app icon, and open the game. It should take a moment to load the game back up.
F) once the game loads back up, you should have the lost coins back in your account.

Again, this has worked for me pretty much every time I have done it, so maybe it will work for you too. It most certainly is a "band aid" to the problem, and not fixing the problem, but it's better than nothing!

lin77
04-18-12, 07:50 AM
What I have learned/noticed about the coin bug:
1) It seems to only happen to me when I have been away from the game for some length of time, and the bug only seems to hit when I have food ready to serve.
2) If the bug hits, and my coin total goes up, then drops back down, I have been able to get my lost coins back by immediately hard closing the app and restarting it.
3) To hard close the app (with an IPad at least), you're
A) click the button at the bottom of the IPad to exit the game
B) once out, double click the button at the bottom of the IPad, and it opens up a list of all apps currently open
C) press and hold down on the BS app until a minus sign appears over it
D) press again on the BS app, and it will disappear, hard closing the app
E) press the button at the bottom of the IPad to exit out, then get back to the regular BS app icon, and open the game. It should take a moment to load the game back up.
F) once the game loads back up, you should have the lost coins back in your account.

Again, this has worked for me pretty much every time I have done it, so maybe it will work for you too. It most certainly is a "band aid" to the problem, and not fixing the problem, but it's better than nothing!

This also works for those w/ a kindle fire like me....completely exit/close out of the game by pushing the back button NOT the home button then go back in. Those coins that were lost will be back!

DiabeticFoodie
04-18-12, 08:03 AM
I've actually noticed my coins returning when I hit the Design button. But, I've never lost coins upon entering the game and seeing the, "You've earned X coins" pop-up (not that I've noticed, at least). My fix probably only works if you're already playing the game and notice a random drop in coins. So, for those who experience this particular issue, perhaps my fix will work for ya.

smiley5555
04-18-12, 10:48 AM
It happens to me and my friend too, we both have kindle fires. It is a bug and they aren't fixing it...so instill they do you have to exit out of the game and go back in then you will see the coins that were taken away are back. Try it. :)

Thanks for the tip. I had already tried it and it didn't work. It started happening after my first neighbor required expansion.

piggiful
04-18-12, 11:29 AM
Yeah, the bug is still claiming coins. With the update (if you actually believe TL), it's not occurring often anymore in BS and RS. There are still a lot of instances where it's happening. There is some fundamental issues they are just not taking care of. They are only patching what they see. In this case, they didn't even see it. They are just patching what they think we see.

It really doesn't affect me....but I do feel for the people who are just starting up. I know how annoying and frustrating it is, since I was trying to start a boutique in FS. That didn't end well.

lin77
04-18-12, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the tip. I had already tried it and it didn't work. It started happening after my first neighbor required expansion.

Smiley5555, are u exiting the game by pushing the back button or home button on ur kindle? Cuz u have to push the back button and completely close out of the game then go back in....just pushing the home button wont work! Hope this helps, if not I'm sorry! :(

lin77
04-18-12, 12:07 PM
Smiley5555, are u exiting the game by pushing the back button or home button on ur kindle? Cuz u have to push the back button and completely close out of the game then go back in....just pushing the home button wont work! Hope this helps, if not I'm sorry! :(

Also try deleting the app from ur kindle and installing it again, this might work too! U wont loose ur game or progress its saved on TL servers! I had to do this numerous times! :(

kooky panda
04-18-12, 05:34 PM
okay guys on android and kindle fire. for the bug coin losses. I have been playing a little on my kindle fire and I am not see coin losses.
I know most of you cannot take pictures, but can you provide numbers?
Total coins when you exit out of your game at night.
Total bonus coins you get in the morning.
Then we you exit that screen total coins.
then exit out of your game and come in and provide your total coins.

I can then send these numbers over.

lin77
04-18-12, 05:45 PM
okay guys on android and kindle fire. for the bug coin losses. I have been playing a little on my kindle fire and I am not see coin losses.

Ok kooky.....I will try to get it to you tonight, since it happens almost everytime I leave and come back. But I already provided the numbers to customer service a month ago and they said they are working on a update...obviously not here yet.....

RoseMeyer
04-19-12, 04:47 AM
"I have been playing a little on my kindle fire and I am not see coin losses."

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lin77
04-19-12, 05:14 AM

Kooky, it didn't do it in BS this morning....it actually added my bonus points to my banner! Yahoo! I will keep track of it for a few more nights to see it it was just a fluke that it added my bonus points this time! Maybe they fixed it?

But it didn't add my bonus points to my banner in RS, cuz I had to exit out and go back in for it to add the bonus amount! Unfortunately I did not write down exact amounts from last night then again this morning. But I will tonight b4 I go to bed. Then I will let you know.

kooky panda
04-19-12, 05:18 AM
Lin
On pet- kindle fire I did not lose any money from last night, but two days in a row, I got bonus coinsadded, but I am not getting the
daily coin pop up. Are you getting the actual daily coin pop up?

lin77
04-19-12, 05:29 AM
Lin
On pet- kindle fire I did not lose any money from last night, but two days in a row, I got bonus coinsadded, but I am not getting the
daily coin pop up. Are you getting the actual daily coin pop up?

Yup I am getting the coin popup window. In RS it said I made 55,000 bonus coins but my banner said I had 1,067,000 so I had to exit out then when I went back in my banner then showed 1,122,000. Like I said I didn't write the exact amount down but this is very close maybe just a few coins off....I just rounded the numbers here. But I will write down exact amouts tonight then again in the morning!

But in BS no problems there from last night...what it said I earned in the popup window showed in my banner! :)

RoseMeyer
04-19-12, 07:22 AM
Every Game Every Day Everytime I start up, I have to exit right away and go back in to get my $$$$.

Every time I exit, I post my score to my wall so I can double check that I got my coins.

EveryGame EveryDay Everytime.

mailedogwhat
04-30-12, 10:38 PM
My game went negative! It was almost negative 200,000. Why is this happening? What else is getting messed up?

syrenas
05-01-12, 05:29 AM
I just lost 100k coins. When i wake up in the morning, my coins almost touch 6 mio. In the evening, my coins is over 6.1 mio before i received pop up that say "processing", 2 times, *and after that, my coins goes back in to 5.9 mio. I didnt even actually leave the game. I did baking, i did tipping n gifting, so im sure there is nothing wrong with the connection. Im really regret i didnt do expansion right away after i got 6 million. * **

I've done all the instruction given above but still no luck. I even couldnt provide any proof such us picture because this happened while i was playing the game, so i didnt think it could be happened because it usually happened after i wasnt playing for a while 

hunny124
05-09-12, 12:48 PM
I just posted this on another thread..guess I should have posted this here..

I have been having tons of coins missing out of my game now for about a month and also real bad in sync problems..were things would be set back to start for me..another words if I cooked something on my ovens I would leave the game and come back to find nothing cooking..I had these problems for a long time..now I also play RS and the coins started to go missing on there a few days ago..so I thought to myself why would both games do the same exact thing and I also had sync problems with RS too..so I came on here as a last resort and I found this thread on connection problems..so I decided I would disconnect my wifi and play without to see if it was the problem..guess what....It was my problem... my wifi wasn't in sync with TL servers..now I also play PSS and when I play without the wifi I can't see all my pets..but when I connect my wifi BINGO!! all my pets are there..and I don't have a coin problem with PSS or have I ever..so here is my solution to all my games problems..BS and RS no wifi..PSS wifi..so now I know why TL could not fix this problem..its on our side..so for me it was my connections..hope this helps any one else out there with these problems..

btw I play on an android admire 3g

caramel54
05-09-12, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure if I have the coin but or not but I'm having trouble making a profit. Lets say in the morning I have 4,500,000 then in the afternoon I have 4,550,000. I make 12 or so servings of a recipe (I make one recipe on 12 appliances) and by the end of the day I'm back down to 4,500,000! Now I have to go for a couple of days without making food to earn more money. I would make some apple pie or something and then wait 2 days or so until I start making black forest cake.

WTL12
06-01-12, 05:26 PM
I just went into my bakery after it having customers overnite - it stated that I had made like 187,000 coins and I NEVER got tbem!! I play on my kindle fire and I have version 1.3.7 - I tried restarting my kindle, nothing has worked. What is the point of playing this game if it constantly rips you off? This is not the first time it has happened. Is anything being done to fix this issue? It really takes all the fun out of the game when you can't afford to continue.....

princess1376
06-05-12, 11:54 AM
I lose coins randomly:/ ill be moving along and then all of a sudden I lose a couple hundred coins w t h?

kooky panda
06-05-12, 01:25 PM
I just went into my bakery after it having customers overnite - it stated that I had made like 187,000 coins and I NEVER got tbem!! I play on my kindle fire and I have version 1.3.7 - I tried restarting my kindle, nothing has worked. What is the point of playing this game if it constantly rips you off? This is not the first time it has happened. Is anything being done to fix this issue? It really takes all the fun out of the game when you can't afford to continue.....

I know you cannot take photos, but tonight can you write down you current coin total before you go to bed, then in the morning, write down you welcome back total of coins, and daily coins amounts, then after exiting out of all screens, write down your total coins? then post the numbers here?
Also when you are done playing for the night make sure you exit out of the game and restart your kindle.

I lose coins randomly:/ ill be moving along and then all of a sudden I lose a couple hundred coins w t h?

Are you on kindle fire ? If so what version is your game? Under menu- help- little number at the bottom of the screen

hunny124
06-06-12, 12:08 PM
I didn't want to post again until I had my games fixed and working for at least a month..both games RS and BS are fine..I am playing my game again with no more problems..before I had bad sync problems and lost thousands of coins everyday in both games.also would buy appliances and build them and come back in my game and they would be gone like I never bought them..food would disappear off my ovens as I would leave them to cook.everything was very bad in my game I could never really play.. just tip and gift my nbrs.

well for me it was my connections.when I figured out what was doing it which was my wifi connection I shut it off and after a while playing I started to see my coins adding up again.For me my games work better on just my android internet plan.. now I can finally expand my bakery..

Just thought I would share this info in case someone else that plays on an android might want to check this out..I also want to say that this is what worked for me...