PDA

View Full Version : Android "Lag" issue & Receiving Double Gifts

foodslinger2
04-16-12, 02:55 PM
I was playing Restaurant Story on my HTC Incredible II and purchased the HTC ReZound. I did not have my Incredible II (lost it) so I sent a request to transfer my game - it transferred and everything was good.

A few weeks ago, I started to notice some lag time while in my restaurant - but not while I was in a neighbors. That lag has progressively gotten worse, to the point that while in my restaurant - it's like my characters are in slooooooow motion and now, when I'm in a neighbors restaurant, their characters lag too - only when the stars/coins are collecting - then they return to warp speed!

Also, I am getting double the gifts that I receive! I click to accept, then send friend gift requests, then my received gifts are all back again. If I click on "my gifts" - I have double the amount that I should have.

I have emailed support (my issue is being sent to an engineer?) I have uninstalled, reinstalled probably 15 times, moved to SD card, deleted friends, taken decorations away, anything I could think of and nothing helps. I've read through the forums and I didn't really find anyone with a similar issue.

ANY suggestions that you might have would be most appreciated.

kooky panda
04-16-12, 02:58 PM
I have not see the double gifting issue on the forum. I will send this over to the CMs.

foodslinger2
04-16-12, 02:59 PM
Thank you!

SnoEternal
04-17-12, 12:50 PM
"Also, I am getting double the gifts that I receive! I click to accept, then send friend gift requests, then my received gifts are all back again. If I click on "my gifts" - I have double the amount that I should have." Same thing happens to me. I didnt know that it would give double the gifts though since I cant see my appliance parts in the "my gifts" sections.

greygull
04-17-12, 01:26 PM
"Also, I am getting double the gifts that I receive! I click to accept, then send friend gift requests, then my received gifts are all back again. If I click on "my gifts" - I have double the amount that I should have." Same thing happens to me. I didnt know that it would give double the gifts though since I cant see my appliance parts in the "my gifts" sections.

You're seeing double gifts on the food?

I had reported about the gifts resetting if you accepted first then filled requests, but I didn't notice the food gifts actually being double. I'll have to check that tomorrow morning.

foodslinger2
04-17-12, 01:48 PM
Mine do...

pinkster73
04-17-12, 02:08 PM
You're seeing double gifts on the food?

I had reported about the gifts resetting if you accepted first then filled requests, but I didn't notice the food gifts actually being double. I'll have to check that tomorrow morning.

Oh oh! I also have the resetting gifts if I accept them then fill requests on farm and pet.

bawpotter
04-17-12, 05:54 PM
Ummm... Even though it's a glitch... Why are you complaining about getting double food and parts? I don't get it...

foodslinger2
04-17-12, 06:15 PM
I wasn't complaining. I was trying to reiterate that there is a glitch in my game.

kooky panda
04-17-12, 06:32 PM
Foodslinger thanks for reporting this bug issue.
If you access gifts first, then requests, then the initial gifts will reset and you'll have to collect them again.
TL is currently working on a fix for this.
If you do not want to have your gifts reset, access your parts requests first, then access your normal gifts after that.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 06:36 PM
Lol, where do I sign up to get this bug?!? ;)

pinkster73
04-17-12, 06:44 PM
Lol, where do I sign up to get this bug?!? ;)

I don't get double the gifts, I just have to accept them all twice if I have a brain fart and don't accept the material requests first.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 08:25 PM
I don't get double the gifts, I just have to accept them all twice if I have a brain fart and don't accept the material requests first.

Oh ok. I thought you were getting double gifts! :D

pinkster73
04-17-12, 08:41 PM
Oh ok. I thought you were getting double gifts! :D

No. I can accept 40, but really I only get 20. I've monitored.

trace35
04-18-12, 08:24 PM
I have not see the double gifting issue on the forum. I will send this over to the CMs.

Lol! I am not surprised no one has reported this before!

foodslinger2
04-27-12, 02:53 PM
I reported the issue because I thought it had something to do with my game transfer and lag experience. (It all happened around the same time)
I have had emails going back and forth with "Support" but have no results and every response I receive is to uninstall and reinstall and/or move game to SD card. This has been going on for a month now. I do receive double gifts - only when I accept gifts and have material requests from neighbors. Since Support or Engineering isn't very concerned, then neither am I. I'll take all the double food gifts I can get. It's free money for me! =)

nmishii
04-27-12, 03:18 PM
I get the double gifts, but they're not really double. Once I needed two more of a part to build an appliance. I accepted it twice and built my appliance. Quickly the game went out of sync. My appliance went back to a cardboard box and my part count was corrected.

I can't see how many parts I have so I don't know if it still re-adjusts later in all cases. I'll check on stew tomorrow.

I just think of it as an annoyance. I don't usually report annoyances. For example, here's another annoyance that probably won't get fixed: In RS only, all the male avatars shows up as male in the Neighborhood list and as female when I'm in their restaurant. Why report that - TL will just ask for screenshots which I can't take, and that gets me because it would take less time for them to open a game and see that than to ask for and check back later for a screenshot.

nmishii
04-27-12, 03:20 PM
Oh, and I'm seeing a lag more now in both RS and BS. A couple of times it froze for many seconds in my restaurant/bakery, but not neighbors. And if I visit a nbr with a lot of decorations, it takes a longer time for the restaurant to display.

pinkster73
04-27-12, 04:59 PM
Oh, and I'm seeing a lag more now in both RS and BS. A couple of times it froze for many seconds in my restaurant/bakery, but not neighbors. And if I visit a nbr with a lot of decorations, it takes a longer time for the restaurant to display.

Can you take a screenshot of the lag? I'll check back for it later. :p

foodslinger2
05-09-12, 02:21 PM
Mine is more slow motion than lag - I'm not sure how to take a screenshot of slow motion. I don't know about parts, but I'm definitely getting double food. I clear out gifts every evening, so I know how many food gifts I'm receiving. =)

tzvetkata
05-10-12, 06:01 AM
I don't have the slow motion problem, but I too have experienced gifts appearing twice if I have accepted them before I sent requested items. Also Android.