PDA

View Full Version : Changing Color of Existing Fences

Unregistered
06-13-10, 03:56 PM
Hello! First of all, thanks so much for releasing the new version! I love Farm Story game very much! :)

With this Flowers version, now we can select the fence's color when buying it from the Store.

But it would be really nice if we can change also the existing fences' color without buying the new one.
Do you have any plan to add this feature (paint/change color) in the "Edit" mode or somewhere, such as Rotate option?

Thanks!
- Ichigo

Unregistered
06-14-10, 09:26 AM
Hello! First of all, thanks so much for releasing the new version! I love Farm Story game very much! :)

With this Flowers version, now we can select the fence's color when buying it from the Store.

But it would be really nice if we can change also the existing fences' color without buying the new one.
Do you have any plan to add this feature (paint/change color) in the "Edit" mode or somewhere, such as Rotate option?

Thanks!
- Ichigo

I agree! I invested quite a bit in fences now it appears that not only have they changed color to a light tan and I preferred the previous taupe like grey color, but in order to change the color I'd have to sell all my fences and buy new ones which is simply ridiculous. I see two mistakes to this would be great upgrade. Why not simply add the new paint and rotate features as separate buttons to the edit option? Not sure about anyone else but moving items was already difficult before and now with the rotate option being placed on top of it, my item rotates before it is moved which is very frustrating. If you need in game testers. I would love to volunteer for this. Sometimes I think it would help if the features are beta tested by customers that use the game daily. If you have testers, they should have quickly made those recommendations before releasing those features.

Maybe in the interim of the next upgrade of moving paint and rotate to edit options, is there anyway you could have the previous fence color be a default option? Or even allow us to use the old version with the flowers and rotated items visible as I noticed they are not. I say this because the previous color matches the grey and taupe landscaping stone perfectly. You placed these items in the store and basically told us to decorate our farms as we see fit and then changed it without asking and barred us from having any options to defer to that might be preferable over the new default.

Thanks! :-)

Mas
06-14-10, 11:02 AM
I'm wondering why there are fences only in ONE direction being offered to me when in the original Farm Story I could buy fences in both directions. I'm level 16 currently. Thx

Mas
06-14-10, 11:06 AM
Okay forget it. I just saw that there's A rotate function now when I try to move things around. Nice

Ellie
06-14-10, 11:08 AM
In Farm Story Flowers, it is possible to rotate the fence panel and most other objects therefore only one orientation is now required.

Unregistered
06-14-10, 12:59 PM
This Is A GREAT idea!!!!!
I Hate having to delete fences and buy new ones just of diffrent colors.
Sell em for 60 coins and buy a new one for 500 coins?
SOOO unfair.

Unregistered
06-15-10, 04:36 AM
I was hoping by finding this forum I would learn that there was a way to change the existing fences, surely the dedicated users who already have full farms built won't have to sell and repurchase to get a different color or the same grey colored fence back?!? FIX THIS. Also we should be able to paint our houses too!

I also hate that I can only extend my land by one block at a time. If I have 200,000 and 15 friends why can't I bypass the 14X14 an go straight to the 16X16 or whatever. Seems siily and is only causing me frustration.

Lastly, every item that you can only buy with gems should have an option to buy with coins too. Make them ridiculously expensive, like 300,000 for a Garden Gnome I don't care, but asking to spend $24.99 on gems and that will barely get me a horse and a gnome not worth it at all. At least those of us with some sense of control not to blow $30 to buy an ipohne horse will have an option even if it's a crazy one like a horse for $400,000 coins.

While addicting this game rates a 5 sometimes and a 1 others.

Unregistered
06-15-10, 04:59 AM
The current expansion method makes sense. You have to be at 14x14 to go to 15x15, and 15x15 to 16x16, etc. It's like leveling up in any game. You can't go from level 22 to 24 or 25, you have to go to 23 first. The ability to expand your farm to the next expansion is based on you already expanding. Each one gets more expensive because you get more land with each one. Save your money!!