PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 11:23 AM
Okay I just counted up and 88 of my 137 neighbors in RS are level zero. A lot have been zero for a long time. Idk if they are still playing or what. I sometimes drop to a 2 cause I have a lot going on but almost always tip back whomever tips me and also gift back those who gift me plus a few more. Yet I still don't receive the max of 20 gifts.

Kind of thought about deleting but I want to be able to expand and may need the numbers. But it's frustrating to have to go thru 137 people when half of them may not be playing any longer.

I uh have also been level zero a time or two. I hate to zap someone who may just be having a tough time. :(

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for listening. :D

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 11:30 AM
And 57 of 117 in Bakery Story. Now I'm even sadder :(

sunnyDreams
04-15-12, 11:42 AM
It seems like a lot of my neighbors have quit. I watch to see if they ever cook or gift or put out something from a new update before I delete them. I think I wait a lot longer than I should to delete them, but I've gotten to know them and hate giving up.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 11:51 AM
I know what you mean. I just noticed somebody has deleted me cause they aren't my neighbor any more. lol. I wish there was a way to see when the last time the logged in was. OT maybe TL can make them inactive after say a month of not logging in at all. I don't care if they are low level I just don't want them sitting there if they aren't playing.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 11:56 AM
Okay tell me this...To remain at level zero for days and days and weeks you would have to never be tipping anyone right???

88nightmare
04-15-12, 12:20 PM
I know that star rank drops a little every day, so they could be tipping a little each day and still stay at zero, but that's probably not what's happening... another thing I've noticed is that some of my neighbors have obviously not played in a long while (based on the same rotten food on their stoves for days and days) but their rating doesn't drop. So I believe their rating doesn't drop if they don't log on at all, so some of you're neighbors can have quit and still have a good rating. The only way I can think of to check is to note what level they are on and perhaps what food they have and check to see if it ever changes. Or make a list of neighbors and note when they tip and gift. I try to tip and gift all of my neighbors because some of them only tip and gift in return.

sunstorm01
04-15-12, 12:21 PM
Here's what I do. If I notice a neighbor is at 0, I still tip them for about a week, after that I ask them if they're still playing- I then give them a few days to reply, if no answer I leave a nice post stating- I'm sorry but I have to take you off my list, if you return come find me. This has never got anyone upset. Though I do have some regular neighbors who have become good friends and honestly they can dissapear as much as they want- I would NEVER delete them. A few times throughout the game, I've had to nicely delete heaps on my list and find new neighbors. In saying that- I do know of people ( and everyone has the prerogative to be different) that will delete you after missing just 1 day tipping. And then leave a nasty message stating pretty much that they are in control and if you don't abide by their rules.. You're gone! But that's just how some people are.. I'm just a glutton for punishment most likely- I have this one neighbor that for 3 months went missing.. I kept tipping the whole time, I knew they wernt there. And they came back last week.. For 1 DAY!! And ummm yeah... They're still on my list. Lol

sunstorm01
04-15-12, 12:23 PM
Oh I did just delete someone with no notice because they kept using my real name after I'd asked about 5 times to not use it. That kind of deliberate stupidity I just won't tolerate.

RoseMeyer
04-15-12, 12:37 PM
Ihave a second bakery on the other kindle. One day the second bakery had ZERO food on the table and mad people stomping out the door. When I visited that bakery from the first kindle, there WAS food on the table and happy customers. So you cannot always tell reality from visiting. I say if they're zero stars and not gifting or posting to their own wall, that you should not feel bad about deleting them. THAT's ALOTof inactive neighbors!

kahlan531
04-15-12, 01:02 PM
Making it even more complicated...I think that if a neighbor is at level 4, but has not logged into their game in a long time they still show as level 4 in your list. They would drop down to 0 if they logged in, but if they are no longer playing at all they remain at level 4. Now what to do...

bobbyrae
04-15-12, 01:48 PM
I just delete them. Sometimes they will be on vacation or something and will come back and post on my wall. I can always invite them back or send them my id so no harm is really done. I don't mind so much tipping or gifting an inactive player but having inactive players can mess up my game when i send out requests for parts as they never come back in.

DAmanding
04-15-12, 01:56 PM
The star rating does not drop if you don't log in. This is why I keep a list of people who return my tips. Every time they tip I write the name on my list. Then I can go through periodically and see that person A didn't make my list for a week or whatever, I ask if they're okay, check their food etc. Depending on how well I got to know the person and how good a neighbor they were previously I give them varying lengths of time before I delete.

Quote from Fecsuper's thread on chain tipping (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26387-CHAIN-tipping-increase-your-Tip-Backs-and-maintain-a-4-Start-profile):
To maintain a 4 star ranking, you need to tip around 130 tips each day, this can be done with only 22 Neighbors.

So if it only takes tipping 22 neighbors a day to maintain a 4 star rating and someone has a zero or 1 star rating...its pretty safe to say they are not tipping you. I have kept a few neighbors who have 1 or 2 star ratings because they faithfully tip me, even if they obviously aren't tipping others very often.

You could easily clear out the zero and one stars first, then start tracking the rest to see who is actively returning your tips to the frequency you're okay with. I don't delete someone just for missing a day or two. If someone posts on my wall or theirs that they're offline for vacation, illness, work or whatever they get a pass during their time off. If someone is a really good neighbor I'll usually wait for a month with no word before I delete them. During that time I still check in with them asking if they're still playing, look at spoiled food changes, etc. If it is someone I never developed a relationship with and/or their return tipping has always been erratic they get around 4-10 days before I delete them if they haven't left a message saying they'll be gone.

I keep my neighbor list under 40 people so I can afford to daily tip and track names. I also usually pre-screen people that I add to verify they want to play the same way I do and only add about the same number I've dropped so I maintain the same general number of neighbors. Feel free to modify your tactics to suit the way you prefer to play.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 02:51 PM
Some of the ones that are zero have been zero for a really long time. I just wonder if they are taking tips and not tipping back because it takes too much time. I'm thinking if I had less neighbors I could be better to the ones I had. It kind of upsets me that I have over 100 neighbors but never get the max on gifts. I don't even get 20 total between parts and food. I get between 15 and 20 and it's the same neighbors who gift every day. So some I never hear back from even tho I know they get my gift. I'm not meaning to sound like I'm complaining. Just kind of feel guilty about deleting ppl. And then I accidently deleted somebody in farm story that I didn't mean too :(

Anyway. Thanks for the advice so far. I'm about afraid to ask are you still playing after reading some of the horror stories of being attacked on these threads. lol.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't delete for missing one day or even two. I have sicknes in my family and have missed every now and then and may miss a few days later in the year as I have a family member who is dying. I understand people have other things going on. But a lot of mine have been zero for several weeks. Like 2 months. They are still clearing tables and cooking food but just not tipping??? It may sound silly but this game we kind of need each other and it doesn't seem fair for someone to get tips for others and never tip anyone in return. I did go to level zero and it only took a couple of neighbors to get me back to level one.

I mostly just wondered what others thought.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 02:59 PM
The star rating does not drop if you don't log in. This is why I keep a list of people who return my tips. Every time they tip I write the name on my list. Then I can go through periodically and see that person A didn't make my list for a week or whatever, I ask if they're okay, check their food etc. Depending on how well I got to know the person and how good a neighbor they were previously I give them varying lengths of time before I delete.

Quote from Fecsuper's thread on chain tipping (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26387-CHAIN-tipping-increase-your-Tip-Backs-and-maintain-a-4-Start-profile):

So if it only takes tipping 22 neighbors a day to maintain a 4 star rating and someone has a zero or 1 star rating...its pretty safe to say they are not tipping you. I have kept a few neighbors who have 1 or 2 star ratings because they faithfully tip me, even if they obviously aren't tipping others very often.

You could easily clear out the zero and one stars first, then start tracking the rest to see who is actively returning your tips to the frequency you're okay with. I don't delete someone just for missing a day or two. If someone posts on my wall or theirs that they're offline for vacation, illness, work or whatever they get a pass during their time off. If someone is a really good neighbor I'll usually wait for a month with no word before I delete them. During that time I still check in with them asking if they're still playing, look at spoiled food changes, etc. If it is someone I never developed a relationship with and/or their return tipping has always been erratic they get around 4-10 days before I delete them if they haven't left a message saying they'll be gone.

I keep my neighbor list under 40 people so I can afford to daily tip and track names. I also usually pre-screen people that I add to verify they want to play the same way I do and only add about the same number I've dropped so I maintain the same general number of neighbors. Feel free to modify your tactics to suit the way you prefer to play.

It's funny how your just playing a silly game and develope friendships with people and things happen and you remember and ask about it later. And the really cool thing is its people all over the world. I think that is really cool!!!!

DAmanding
04-15-12, 03:25 PM
Some of the ones that are zero have been zero for a really long time. I just wonder if they are taking tips and not tipping back because it takes too much time. I'm thinking if I had less neighbors I could be better to the ones I had. It kind of upsets me that I have over 100 neighbors but never get the max on gifts. I don't even get 20 total between parts and food. .... Just kind of feel guilty about deleting ppl.

Yes they are taking tips and not tipping back or even gifting you apparently. Yes you can be a better neighbor to the ones you keep if you delete the dead weight neighbors. There's no need to feel guilty about deleting the dead weight. They know that their style of playing is not preferred by everyone and they just add anyone's ID they can hoping to get enough people willing to keep them even though they're dead weight and obviously this tactic works for them. I personally find their approach a bit tacky, but to each their own. If someone else wants to be neighbors with them go for it. Its a game and we're all entitled to play the method that works for us. There's no need to feel guilty for choosing a different approach than someone else.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-15-12, 04:17 PM
I've noticed in going thru some of the zero only have enough tables for like 4 nbrs to tip so they may tip those back and 4 is not enough to get to level 1. DA I agree with you.

driftboutique
04-15-12, 08:45 PM
Yes they are taking tips and not tipping back or even gifting you apparently. Yes you can be a better neighbor to the ones you keep if you delete the dead weight neighbors. There's no need to feel guilty about deleting the dead weight. They know that their style of playing is not preferred by everyone and they just add anyone's ID they can hoping to get enough people willing to keep them even though they're dead weight and obviously this tactic works for them. I personally find their approach a bit tacky, but to each their own. If someone else wants to be neighbors with them go for it. Its a game and we're all entitled to play the method that works for us. There's no need to feel guilty for choosing a different approach than someone else.

I agree, we're all entitled to play the method that works for us and no one should feel guilty. So maybe calling actual human beings "dead weight" and "tacky" is unnecessary, especially since you really don't know someone's motivation. I don't tip in RS or BS, but my reasoning is entirely different from what you are speculating. If my neighbors want to delete me because of the way I play, I have no problem with that. But I do have a problem with people assigning negative character traits to me for the way I play a game.

DAmanding
04-15-12, 10:39 PM
I agree, we're all entitled to play the method that works for us and no one should feel guilty. So maybe calling actual human beings "dead weight" and "tacky" is unnecessary, especially since you really don't know someone's motivation. I don't tip in RS or BS, but my reasoning is entirely different from what you are speculating. If my neighbors want to delete me because of the way I play, I have no problem with that. But I do have a problem with people assigning negative character traits to me for the way I play a game.

I just can't find it in me to have a great deal of sympathy for people who take without giving regardless of their motivations. The people Smokey and I were talking about not only weren't tipping, they weren't even gifting.

Afura
04-16-12, 04:37 AM
I am seriously impressed with people who can remember and track who tipped daily, I gave it a try, and couldn't keep track. I did, however, do a wall post when I tipped to let neighbors that the news feed only holds 10, and that's why it's important to leave a wall note, so your neighbors know you tipped them (one of my neighbors commented that she wondered why people used the wall :D ). On Friday I was busy and only had time to tip those who wall posted, nothing personal, I just didn't have time. Like DAmanding quoted from fecsuper's chain tipping thread, it only takes 22 neighbors to maintain 4 stars and if you tip over 22 neighbors it stores up (it's explained in that thread), it's getting to the 4 stars that's the difficult/boring part. :D
What neighbors you keep also depends on how you want to play. If you know you're not tipping/gifting every day, it might not bother you to have neighbors less than 2 stars, and that's ok, your game, your choice. I give a neighbor 5 days of full tables (and no other neighbors commenting that they could tip, because hey, maybe I have rotten timing and they only clear once a day) before I remove them, unless they have a message on their wall saying they're busy or vacation (which can take a bit of scrolling. XD ). It took awhile for me to delete neighbors, I felt bad. Then I remembered that I'm playing this game, why should I feel guilty for removing them, that's my choice, and I'm not doing it to be mean or vindictive, same if someone removes me. Life in the big restaurant will go on.

queentina3
04-16-12, 06:16 AM
SmokeyMtnGirl, first don't feel guilty about deleting neighbors that haven't tipped in months. As you've stated, you sometimes can't tip for a week or two, but I bet you also put a wall posting on your wall stating WHY you can't tip, true? You have way more neighbors than you need, even for expansion. If I recall correctly, the highest level of expansion in both RS/BS needs about 65-70 neighbors, you should try to get your listing down to that. It will be much more manageable for you.

What I did when I culled my list down was when I went to each persons place I checked their food, their tables, and their wall. If I saw nothing but FULL/LMKWC messages for weeks, or no messages at all, I assumed they stopped playing and deleted them. If I'm not getting tips or gifts from them, then I had no guilt over deleting them nor should you. They probably wouldn't even notice you deleted them. :p

Once you've fully expanded, as I doubt TL will make our places any bigger than the options we have now, you should try to cull your list to 40-50 max. This will ensure that you can tip almost everyone daily and still receive the max gifts, as the people you'd now have would also be daily tipper/gifters.

I'm very lucky that I have fantastic neighbors now in both RS/BS, as even when they take a vacation or have a personal emergency, they post on my wall and their own letting their neighbors know. I'll keep their reminder on my wall so I don't forget, and in the off chance I've deleted it, they have their message on their wall to remind me. :)

ultrafrog
04-16-12, 08:50 AM
Tipping someone isn't a contract to get tipped back. Unless that neighbor is asking you to tip them then you are doing it out of free will. You tip in the hopes of getting tipped back. The "non-tipping" neighbor never asked for any of this.

If you don't like that you aren't getting tipped back, stop and move on. Ignore or delete. Why get upset over it.

Restaurants that are composed of nothing but tables for tips is one of my pet peeves though. Tipping is more of pain that it is worth to me.

driftboutique
04-16-12, 09:50 AM
Tipping someone isn't a contract to get tipped back. Unless that neighbor is asking you to tip them then you are doing it out of free will. You tip in the hopes of getting tipped back. The "non-tipping" neighbor never asked for any of this.

If you don't like that you aren't getting tipped back, stop and move on. Ignore or delete. Why get upset over it.

Restaurants that are composed of nothing but tables for tips is one of my pet peeves though. Tipping is more of pain that it is worth to me.

Agreed. There's still an assumption being made that these "dead weight" neighbors are expecting to be tipped and gifted. Personally, I don't care. I do collect my tips because it looks messy to me otherwise, but I would be just fine if no one ever tipped me at all.

Seriously, I totally get deleting a player whose playing style is incompatible with yours. But it's a bit unfair to extrapolate about whether or not someone is a generous person or what have you based on their playing style.

RoseMeyer
04-16-12, 10:27 AM
Im purposely elaving my tables full. I don't want to feel bad that Im not tipping anybody. I tipped EVERYBODY on my list for several weeks and just absolutely burnt out on it. I wasted too much time on it and probably gave myself repetitive motion injury because of it.

I don't want anybody to tip me, but I play all the time and fill parts requests and gift everybody everyday.

Im not deadweight or useless or any of those other bad :mad: things you said. :(

Go ahead and PLEASE delete me if Im your neighbor.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 11:14 AM
Well usually when you tip you assume they will tip back since tipping gets you more coins. I ended up deleting around 60 ppl. I kept a few zero stars and tipped them yesterday. If I visited today and the tables were cleared but they didn't tip me I deleted them today. I have a few more with moldy food and blocked doors and will give it a couple more days. Like queen said you can have too many to manage. And in I think BS I tipped all my neighbors that were not full. Gonna go to RS and try to do the same thing.

I realize everyone has different playing methods and that's cool. But as several have pointed out if you tip it is nice to get a tip back every now and then. :). Reminds me of my days working at Shoneys and the jerks that came in and ate and ran me to death and then either stiffed me or left a quarter. lol.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 11:16 AM
Im purposely elaving my tables full. I don't want to feel bad that Im not tipping anybody. I tipped EVERYBODY on my list for several weeks and just absolutely burnt out on it. I wasted too much time on it and probably gave myself repetitive motion injury because of it.

I don't want anybody to tip me, but I play all the time and fill parts requests and gift everybody everyday.

Im not deadweight or useless or any of those other bad :mad: things you said. :(

Go ahead and PLEASE delete me if Im your neighbor.

Idk if you are or not and I didn't call you dead weight or useless. Everybody plays different. I'm curious why you don't want tips. It increases your coins and allows you to buy stuff more quickly. And I like buying stuff. :)

driftboutique
04-16-12, 11:25 AM
I realize everyone has different playing methods and that's cool. But as several have pointed out if you tip it is nice to get a tip back every now and then. :). Reminds me of my days working at Shoneys and the jerks that came in and ate and ran me to death and then either stiffed me or left a quarter. lol.

So we're not bad people... just the kind of people who stiff waitstaff :rolleyes:

Rose, feel free to add me if you want more neighbors that won't judge you as a person for trying to manage your time and stress levels! :) I don't tip, but I gift parts and I accept materials requests promptly. And I'm happy to never get tips, too.

driftboutique
04-16-12, 11:26 AM
Idk if you are or not and I didn't call you dead weight or useless. Everybody plays different. I'm curious why you don't want tips. It increases your coins and allows you to buy stuff more quickly. And I like buying stuff. :)

It was DAmanding who called us dead weight, useless, and tacky.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 12:15 PM
If one of the ones I deleted asked me to add them back I most likely would. lol. I wasn't being mean. It was a strategy move on my part. It's hard to keep up with 137 neighbors and a little upsetting when they take tips and gifts but never return anything. I also know some have said if you don't post on their wall they will take the tip and laugh and go on. I always tip from my wall first and then my news feed. I just recently really started to pay attention.

Hey maybe the peeps who come in and eat are stealing my tips. Maybe I need to knock em in the head when they walk thru the door. lol

Afura
04-16-12, 12:53 PM
If one of the ones I deleted asked me to add them back I most likely would. lol. I wasn't being mean. It was a strategy move on my part. It's hard to keep up with 137 neighbors and a little upsetting when they take tips and gifts but never return anything. I also know some have said if you don't post on their wall they will take the tip and laugh and go on. I always tip from my wall first and then my news feed. I just recently really started to pay attention.

Hey maybe the peeps who come in and eat are stealing my tips. Maybe I need to knock em in the head when they walk thru the door. lol

That's what I did when I started. I had a whooooole slew of neighbors, then I realized some of us didn't make good neighbors (different play styles), and some of them had appeared to quit after the newness wore off, and I was spending way too long tipping, and didn't really have a life when I got off work. :D I have around 50-60 right now in RS/BS, and it seems to be my happy number. Pretty sure it's those customers stealing tips and gifts though, bad enough they're stuffing extra servings in their pockets before they walk out the door.

RoseMeyer
04-16-12, 05:41 PM
I dont want to receive tips because I do not want to take time to GIVE tips. That was the complaint, right, taking but not giving. Im not taking.
I got kids I got a job I got a house and I got a husband. I cannot sit tapping the screen for hours and hours.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 05:53 PM
So we're not bad people... just the kind of people who stiff waitstaff :rolleyes:

Rose, feel free to add me if you want more neighbors that won't judge you as a person for trying to manage your time and stress levels! :) I don't tip, but I gift parts and I accept materials requests promptly. And I'm happy to never get tips, too.

That's not what I said! But people make what they want out of comments in these threads.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 05:56 PM
I dont want to receive tips because I do not want to take time to GIVE tips. That was the complaint, right, taking but not giving. Im not taking.
I got kids I got a job I got a house and I got a husband. I cannot sit tapping the screen for hours and hours.

I've seen places with as many as 50 tables and no chairs. Obviously they are for tipping. And these same people have a zero star rating. Somehow that doesn't seem right.

I have not made any comments toward any specific person. My comments were not directed at any specific person. I do not understand why people get so offended by general comments that are made.

RoseMeyer
04-16-12, 06:22 PM
Its not you Smokey. I was one that said dont feel bad about deleting, remember. The other person was passing judgement on peeps.
Deleting is OK, judging is mean. :)

I had the extra tipping tables when I was tipping everybody and had a 4 star rating. I took them OUT when I didnt want to return the tips anymore. Ive got the tables in storage, tho, so If Ifeel like doing it again sometimes, I will. :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 06:28 PM
Its not you Smokey. I was one that said dont feel bad about deleting, remember. The other person was passing judgement on peeps.
Deleting is OK, judging is mean. :)

I had the extra tipping tables when I was tipping everybody and had a 4 star rating. I took them OUT when I didnt want to return the tips anymore. Ive got the tables in storage, tho, so If Ifeel like doing it again sometimes, I will. :)

Just didn't want you to think I was being mean toward anybody. I didn't mean to be. And it was a huge decision. lol. It really was. I'm thinking most of the ones I deleted were not even playing because they have no cooked food and the food on the stove has several species of mold growing on them. And like I said if any of them asked me to add them back...I most likely would. :)

And I understand people are busy. I would never be mean to any other posters or players. I like TL because it is safe and regulated. For the most part we can talk and have a good time and not be attacked, cursed, put down and called names...like so many other places online. I really like talking to ppl. And learning about other places.

mingboo
04-17-12, 12:01 AM
intersesting topic here...a lot of different thoughts... and i agree that everyone play the game differently. for me, i tip nbrs/ visitors who left a message on my wall first and then i will take a look at my news feed and if i have the time i will tip the remaining 3-4 stars nbrs. i think DA and queen ( i do not know the rest because we use id) are my nbrs and i hope they do get my tips... if not daily, at least 5-6 times a week. and i gift daily and accept ALL requests. if i use the relative hours that i spend on my "story" games... BS and RS = full time, fashion = parttime (dropping from fulltime), pet shop = casual (dropping from fulltime... running out of space and it is getting a bit boring), city = on the dole (i still go there to do my contracts, tip once a week... rating is zero most of the time. i still go to city becasue i hope that one day TL can put a effort in city beside only creating new chest -gems, and buildings- nice looking ones cost gems too. BTW, this is my first "story" game). and now, pet hotel story - casual... it is just a new game... still trying it out... seems to be in between pet hotel by pocket gems and pet shop story.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 05:20 AM
That's not what I said! But people make what they want out of comments in these threads.

Like Rose said, the offensive comments are coming from another poster, not you. But I'm confused about one thing -- did you not suggest that people who elect not to tip in RS/BS are comparable to people who fail to tip in real life? If you did not say that, I misunderstood your comment and I apologize.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 08:16 AM
I just can't find it in me to have a great deal of sympathy for people who take without giving regardless of their motivations. The people Smokey and I were talking about not only weren't tipping, they weren't even gifting.

Apparently I've hit some sensitive nerves. I don't apologize for my opinions, I think my opinion of people who don't tip AND don't gift but keep neighbors to receive gifts and/or tips as takers without giving is dead on accurate. If you go back and ACTUALLY READ what I said (highlighted in bold above), I specified I was talking about the neighbors of Smokey who were neither tipping nor gifting, I never singled out people who gift but don't tip.

If you are a non-tipper but gift daily then you're not so much a mooch, especially if you've made it clear to people that you're a non-tipper. If you're a non-tipper but daily gifter I think the polite thing to do is state that on your wall so that those people that who do tip in the quite reasonable expectation of getting a tip back will know they don't need to waste their time tipping you.

Ok, the anthropologist in me has to come out and speak to this one. The vast majority of cultures around the world, throughout history have valued some sort of system of reciprocity. Any anthro 101 class will tell you that there are no such things as universal cultural concepts, but that there are cultural concepts that are mostly universal and reciprocity is one of them. The reality is that the vast majority of players come from cultures that value some sort of expectation of reciprocity and so while tipping back isn't required...it is generally going to be expected. Verbally demanding tip backs is often considered immature behavior, but not because the expectation itself is invalid.

So if you choose to not tip, that is your choice, though I'll repeat the polite thing to do is let people know that is your practice up front. If they know that is your practice and choose to tip anyway, no worries. Shame on them if they get mad cause you didn't tip back and they had fair warning. There are lots of people in these games who are only interested in gifting and as long as you don't expect people who want more to be neighbors with you, then all the power in the world to you.

However, if you choose to ONLY take without even the minimal effort of at least gifting in return for the gifts that you do want, then yes you are dead weight and tacky as a neighbor. You're violating the cultural expectations of the majority of the planet and really can't reasonably expect the rest of us to love you for it.

I'll say again what I've said in other threads, I don't expect everyone to have time in their lives to play the way that I do. That would be unreasonable and unrealistic. I can manage it only because I keep my neighbor list small. I simply cut out the neighbors who don't want the things I want so we can all enjoy ourselves and be happy. This thread started because Smokey was questioning which style of play she wanted to have and I gave her advice based on my style of play.

ultrafrog
04-17-12, 10:26 AM
Nope. Sorry but it's not the same AT ALL.

I don't have a choice to accept your tip or not. I can't control who tips me beyond having a minimum of tables so that they fill up and can't get tipped any more.

You realize there is no choice of whether to participate in the tipping system or not right?

It's a completely different situation from a face to face interaction where if I accept a gift willingly from another person without anything in return.

Even so, it's wrong to think of a gift as guaranteeing you anything in return. You do realize what a gift is right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gift
A gift or a present is the transfer of something without the expectation of payment. Although gift-giving might involve an expectation of reciprocity, a gift is meant to be free.

You have the wrong impression of what a gift is.

Tipping in these games is a gift. It's not actually a tip. A tip is meant as a reward for good service rendered. There is no service rendered when you visit a neighbor's restaurant except you hope by leaving tips you get tipped in return.

pastrychef17
04-17-12, 10:37 AM
I dont want to receive tips because I do not want to take time to GIVE tips.

I'm finding myself more and more in this space, particularly in Bakery where I tend to get more tips than in RS. I barely have time to tip my neighbors and no time at all for non-neighbors so I've decided to not clear my tables this week so people can't tip me and I won't be taking anymore when I can't give (tip-wise). I'll still gift and accept requests but I just don't have time to tip everyone. I think the major difference for me is I transferred my game from my iphone to my ipad. When it was on my iphone, tipping was easier because I always had the phone with me and tipped whenever I was waiting in line somewhere or had a minute here and there and could whip out my iphone to log on. But I don't carry my ipad everywhere with me so tipping everyone during the workweek just isn't feasible any longer.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 11:14 AM
However, if you choose to ONLY take without even the minimal effort of at least gifting in return for the gifts that you do want, then yes you are dead weight and tacky as a neighbor. You're violating the cultural expectations of the majority of the planet and really can't reasonably expect the rest of us to love you for it.

Again, here's the problem. You have no idea what kind of person someone is based on their style of play. None. There is no social contract in Team Lava games. People participate to the extent of their willingness, end of story. Yes, there are people who share your opinion. But that does not mean all or even a majority do, and it does not confer the moral high ground to you. It's not an issue of morality.

And this has nothing to do with poor reading comprehension. You don't have to talk down to people just because they dare to disagree with your opinion. And anthropology treatises notwithstanding, make no mistake -- your opinion is not fact, no matter how aggressively you repeat it.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 11:36 AM

I don't have a choice to accept your tip or not. I can't control who tips me beyond having a minimum of tables so that they fill up and can't get tipped any more.

You realize there is no choice of whether to participate in the tipping system or not right?

It's a completely different situation from a face to face interaction where if I accept a gift willingly from another person without anything in return.

Even so, it's wrong to think of a gift as guaranteeing you anything in return. You do realize what a gift is right?

A gift or a present is the transfer of something without the expectation of payment. Although gift-giving might involve an expectation of reciprocity, a gift is meant to be free.

Tipping in these games is a gift. It's not actually a tip. A tip is meant as a reward for good service rendered. There is no service rendered when you visit a neighbor's restaurant except you hope by leaving tips you get tipped in return.

Even the Wikipedia definition you quoted states that an expectation of reciprocity may be involved. You even quoted it. So are you telling me that if a spouse, sibling, parent or child gives you a gift on your birthday in real life, there is truly absolutely zero expectation that they will ever get a gift from you on any of their birthdays? You must have a very unique family.

I'm well aware of the fact that you can't make it impossible to allow people to tip you and still serve customers. If you read my previous post I stated twice that if you make a reasonable attempt to let your neighbors know by posting on your wall that you never return tips, you've already exempted yourself from expectation. In real life I can't afford to give birthday gifts to everyone I know. So I let my friends know that I don't plan to gift them on their birthday and therefore don't expect one on mine. That's considered polite behavior. Every few years I may gift my closest friends and they periodically gift me, not necessarily in the same year but over a period of many years it generally evens out. These gifts actually become more meaningful because they weren't expected.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 11:46 AM
What I wouldn't give to be on Vulcan at times.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 11:58 AM
And this has nothing to do with poor reading comprehension. You don't have to talk down to people just because they dare to disagree with your opinion. And anthropology treatises notwithstanding, make no mistake -- your opinion is not fact, no matter how aggressively you repeat it.

I could say the exact same thing to you. Despite your insistence that I'm attacking you, I am in fact the person under attack. I've been very careful to describe a very specific sort of player which by your own admissions you don't fit the description of. I've been trying to say that I'm not talking about you but for whatever reason (Freud would have a field day) you continue to insist on being offended. As for your argument that my discussions on the cultural expectations of gift giving and reciprocity are simply opinion and not factual...well there's really not much point in continuing that discussion. Obviously no amount of scientific fact, example, or history given would make a difference.

ultrafrog
04-17-12, 12:01 PM
Except it's not the same as a gift you put thought into, bought and wrapped and delivered. It's tapping on a screen.

People shouldn't even have to post to every person that tipped them that they don't tip back. If you tip someone and don't get tips back, get the hint and move on. If it's a neighbor and you can't stand it, delete that person, or else just stop tipping and getting upset over it. It's self explanatory. Someone that doesn't care to tip back isn't going to care to post on everyone's wall that they play the game differently.

Think about if you constantly got gifts from strangers in real life and now they are expecting you to do the same for each and every one of them. Believe it or not gifts ARE more trouble than they are worth to many people. It's consumerism for the sake of consumption.

You are using a ton of projection -
"They know that their style of playing is not preferred by everyone and they just add anyone's ID they can hoping to get enough people willing to keep them even though they're dead weight and obviously this tactic works for them."

regarding how others play the game.

You are simply setting yourself up for disappointment when you spend time tipping others and don't get tipped back. No one asked for any of this. If that neighbor said "hey, tip me" and didn't tip back then you might have a valid argument. You taking the initiative to tip and getting upset when you don't get tipped back is NOT grounds for getting upset. That person NEVER asked for it.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 12:19 PM
Except it's not the same as a gift you put thought into, bought and wrapped and delivered. It's tapping on a screen.

No, sending someone a gift (not tips) in game is a whole lot simpler and costs very little time. So why is it so unreasonable to expect neighbors to at least attempt to send a gift once a day? Again, I'm not talking about non-tippers, I'm talking about non-gifters...that part of the equation in this conversation that you and driftboutique so conveniently leave out of your part of the discussion. Perhaps because when they are in the equation your arguments are a lot less reasonable then when we're just talking about tips?

People shouldn't even have to post to every person that tipped them that they don't tip back.

I never once said you should. I believe that qualifies by most people's standards as unreasonable. I said a reasonable attempt such as posting on your wall, not their wall. I would add that it is reasonable to tell someone when they first add you as a neighbor as a one time thing.

If you tip someone and don't get tips back, get the hint and move on. If it's a neighbor and you can't stand it, delete that person, or else just stop tipping and getting upset over it. It's self explanatory..

I've said the exact same thing myself numerous times. I'm not the least bit upset over non-tippers not tipping me. I just won't keep them as neighbors and my advice to Smokey was to delete them without feeling guilty since she appeared to be moving in the direction of not wanting them as neighbors either.

Hyperbole much?

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 12:34 PM
Like Rose said, the offensive comments are coming from another poster, not you. But I'm confused about one thing -- did you not suggest that people who elect not to tip in RS/BS are comparable to people who fail to tip in real life? If you did not say that, I misunderstood your comment and I apologize.

you are taking the comment too literal. I did say that when I tip every day and gift every day and get nothing in return that it reminded me of when I was a waitress and got stiffed. I didn't say people who don't tip in this game were bad people nor did I say they would still a real waitress.

ultrafrog
04-17-12, 12:36 PM
Really I simply disagree with you dictating how players play their game. You assume way too much.

"They know that their style of playing is not preferred by everyone and they just add anyone's ID they can hoping to get enough people willing to keep them even though they're dead weight and obviously this tactic works for them."

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 12:39 PM
Apparently I've hit some sensitive nerves. I don't apologize for my opinions, I think my opinion of people who don't tip AND don't gift but keep neighbors to receive gifts and/or tips as takers without giving is dead on accurate. If you go back and ACTUALLY READ what I said (highlighted in bold above), I specified I was talking about the neighbors of Smokey who were neither tipping nor gifting, I never singled out people who gift but don't tip.

If you are a non-tipper but gift daily then you're not so much a mooch, especially if you've made it clear to people that you're a non-tipper. If you're a non-tipper but daily gifter I think the polite thing to do is state that on your wall so that those people that who do tip in the quite reasonable expectation of getting a tip back will know they don't need to waste their time tipping you.

Ok, the anthropologist in me has to come out and speak to this one. The vast majority of cultures around the world, throughout history have valued some sort of system of reciprocity. Any anthro 101 class will tell you that there are no such things as universal cultural concepts, but that there are cultural concepts that are mostly universal and reciprocity is one of them. The reality is that the vast majority of players come from cultures that value some sort of expectation of reciprocity and so while tipping back isn't required...it is generally going to be expected. Verbally demanding tip backs is often considered immature behavior, but not because the expectation itself is invalid.

So if you choose to not tip, that is your choice, though I'll repeat the polite thing to do is let people know that is your practice up front. If they know that is your practice and choose to tip anyway, no worries. Shame on them if they get mad cause you didn't tip back and they had fair warning. There are lots of people in these games who are only interested in gifting and as
long as you don't expect people who want more to be neighbors with you, then all the power in the world to you.

I'll say again what I've said in other threads, I don't expect everyone to have time in their lives to play the way that I do. That would be unreasonable and unrealistic. I can manage it only because I keep my neighbor list small. I simply cut out the neighbors who don't want the things I want so we can all enjoy ourselves and be happy. This thread started because Smokey was questioning which style of play she wanted to have and I gave her advice based on my style of play.

I get what your saying. I agree it isn't right for players to take tips for say 50 tables every day and then tip no one in return. If you tip like 4 people you will move to level 1. So to stay at level zero you have to be not tipping at all. I know Rose, I think, said she didn't care about tips. But ppl with 50 plus tables that have no chairs and clear every day do care about tips. They take and don't give back.

I will say this. I kept a few zero stars and tipped the last 3 days. They cleared their tables and didn't tip back. So I zapped them. lol. But it's cool cause I already have 3 or 4 new neighbors who want to exchange tips daily. :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 12:43 PM

Tipping in these games is a gift. It's not actually a tip. A tip is meant as a reward for good service rendered. There is no
service rendered when you visit a neighbor's restaurant except you hope by leaving tips you get tipped in return.

But you aren't providing a service. And you don't have to pick up the tips either. I think the concept of the game is you tip and the player tips you back. You both gets more coins.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 12:50 PM
Really I simply disagree with you dictating how players play their game. You assume way too much.

At what point am I telling anyone how they *must* play?

From Google:

dic?tate
verb /ˈdikˌtāt/ 
Lay down authoritatively; prescribe

I gave my preferences about playing to Smokey, again based on her apparent interest in moving toward a similar style. The quote of mine above does not in any way meet the definition of dictating how people must play.

Actually I had a very specific person in mind when I wrote the above sentence that you quoted who I recently had a minor disagreement with. This person made it clear that they in fact do canvas large numbers of IDs anywhere they can get them from simply to play the numbers game of finding people who will keep them as neighbors even though they don't contribute in return. I will admit that my experience with that person influenced how I wrote that particular sentence, but I stand by all the rest that I've said in this thread. That particular sentence did indeed have a bit of hyperbole on my part, but doesn't negate the argument that people who don't tip *and* don't gift are not playing in a manner consistent with common cultural expectations of polite behavior. I'll repeat again, people who are non-tippers but do gift are not in the same category as my above described "dead weight" neighbors.

ultrafrog
04-17-12, 12:57 PM
Typically players wouldn't start up the game and leave uncollected tips on their tables. To me it's unsightly so saying you don't have to pick up tips is not really an option.

Concepts like tipping are introduced in these games as a way creating interaction between players and creating an obligation to continue playing and therefore spend more money.

http://ayogo.com/blog/2011/06/01/what-is-all-this-gift-giving-is-for/
http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2010/01/how-reciprocity-yields-bumper-crops-in-farmville/

In particular this is valid point-
Gifting virtual gifts, then, becomes not about giving so much as it is about getting needed items back. It’s about perpetuating game play for self- interest and not about caring for your friends.

While it's true that you tip, you get tips back, both people get more coins, some players don't care about coins. If you already have millions of coins, collecting 20 more just isn't worth the time.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 01:24 PM
http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2010/01/how-reciprocity-yields-bumper-crops-in-farmville/

Gifting virtual gifts, then, becomes not about giving so much as it is about getting needed items back. It?s about perpetuating game play for self- interest and not about caring for your friends.

Great articles, I loved them. And they actually further my point quite nicely! Thank you! lol of course that may not be what you were after. :D

Regardless of the motivation for getting sucked into reciprocity (or the motivation of the game developers in exploiting it), it is in fact a strong drive as these articles describe. I personally don't care one bit if someone gifts me a nozzle because they want one in return. In fact I send the gifts in game that I want back the most. This is a perfectly legitimate motivation for gifting in game, even if it is considered a bit "d?class?" when talking about real life gifting practices. It doesn't change the fact that there is a cultural expectation of returning the favor. :D

Tipping back and forth regularly with neighbors may not achieve much in coin value, but that isn't really the primary point anyway. It's about the social interaction it encourages. If I didn't have neighbors that I chat with these games would get really boring really fast if all I did was bake/cook/farm. Not everyone wants the social aspect, that's fine. Those of us who do shouldn't be penalized for it by those who don't.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 02:01 PM
Not everyone wants the social aspect, that's fine. Those of us who do shouldn't be penalized for it by those who don't.

Okay, I think maybe this is the heart of the matter. How is anyone penalizing you by playing in a style that differs from yours?

Look, this conversation has gotten way out of hand. My point, all along, has been exactly this: you do not know what motivates someone's playing style, and making inferences abou anyone's character based on a guess you have about their motivations is misguided and uncharitable.

I don't see anyone attacking you here; I see people having opinions that differ from yours and you insisting that your opinion is the only valid one. Moreover, I don't see anyone making value judgments except for you.

The Freud comment was out of line, by the way.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 02:19 PM
Okay, I think maybe this is the heart of the matter. How is anyone penalizing you by playing in a style that differs from yours?

Look, this conversation has gotten way out of hand. My point, all along, has been exactly this: you do not know what motivates someone's playing style, and making inferences abou anyone's character based on a guess you have about their motivations is misguided and uncharitable.

I don't see anyone attacking you here; I see people having opinions that differ from yours and you insisting that your opinion is the only valid one. Moreover, I don't see anyone making value judgments except for you.

Ok I give up. Clearly my "opinion" that the concept of reciprocity as clearly described in Ultrafrog's two articles does in fact exist is simply invalid despite all evidence to the contrary. I'll simply take my "misguided and uncharitable" (ironic how those value judgements creeped in there!) self away and hide it in shame for being so wrong. :rolleyes:

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 02:50 PM
Typically players wouldn't start up the game and leave uncollected tips on their tables. To me it's unsightly so saying you don't have to pick up tips is not really an option.

Concepts like tipping are introduced in these games as a way creating interaction between players and creating an obligation to continue playing and therefore spend more money.

Gifting virtual gifts, then, becomes not about giving so much as it is about getting needed items back. It’s about perpetuating game play for self- interest and not about caring for your friends.

While it's true that you tip, you get tips back, both people get more coins, some players don't care about coins. If you
already have millions of coins, collecting 20 more just isn't worth the time.

They typical player doesn't have millions of coins. As Da said when I have made comments I have certain players in mind. I remember someone saying they will not return tips if you do not post on their wall. She said I will take the tips laugh and them and go on. So when players have took tips several days in a row and don't tip back and have cleared tables and are level zero then they aren't tipping anyone. Which is fine. But to me I'd rather tip people who are going to tip back. Doesn't really even have to be me. If they are 3 or 4 then they are tipping someone. So they are giving to others. I guess if that is not how you play the game it's hard to explain.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 02:52 PM
Ok I give up. Clearly my "opinion" that the concept of reciprocity as clearly described in Ultrafrog's two articles does in fact exist is simply invalid despite all evidence to the contrary. I'll simply take my "misguided and uncharitable" (ironic how those value judgements creeped in there!) self away and hide it in shame for being so wrong. :rolleyes:

I did not say it does not exist. It is your opinion, however, that a majority of the players of these games see tipping and gifting in-game as an analogue to the real-world scenario.

To say that your judgments are misguided and uncharitable is not a value judgment. I did not say that you are a misguided person or an uncharitable person. I am specifically commenting in behavior that has been directly demonstrated in this thread.

I don't know why you are so adamant that no one have an opinion that is contrary to yours, but frankly I'm exhausted by it. I tried, with my last comment, to make peace but clearly, you just want to win at any cost. Fine, you win, I'm illiterate and mean and I hate science and whatever else. Please never talk to me again.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 02:54 PM
They typical player doesn't have millions of coins. As Da said when I have made comments I have certain players in mind. I remember someone saying they will not return tips if you do not post on their wall. She said I will take the tips laugh and them and go on. So when players have took tips several days in a row and don't tip back and have cleared tables and are level zero then they aren't tipping anyone. Which is fine. But to me I'd rather tip people who are going to tip back. Doesn't really even have to be me. If they are 3 or 4 then they are tipping someone. So they are giving to others. I guess if that is not how you play the game it's hard to explain.

No, it's not hard to understand. We all get it, really. Nobody is taking issue with how you play, who you delete, and what you want in a neighbor. None of that is at issue here.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 02:54 PM

I have noticed people take comments too personally. And get offended when the comment made has nothing to do with them. Oh well. Can I join you under that rock of shame. If you have some chocolate I got marshmallows and graham crackers. We can make some s'mores. lol

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 02:56 PM
No, it's not hard to understand. We all get it, really. Nobody is taking issue with how you play, who you delete, and what you want in a neighbor. None of that is at issue here.

Honestly, I think you took comments too personal that we're not directed at you and we're not meant to be mean.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 02:57 PM
Funny how those non-existent value judgments don't make for the best peace offering. However I'm perfectly happy to never talk again either.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 02:58 PM

I didn't see anything wrong with the Freud comment but then again...I might not be the brightest crayon in the box...and just don't get it. lol

driftboutique
04-17-12, 02:58 PM
I have noticed people take comments too personally. And get offended when the comment made has nothing to do with them. Oh well. Can I join you under that rock of shame. If you have some chocolate I got marshmallows and graham crackers. We can make some s'mores. lol

Believe it or not, I was not offended nor was I taking anything particularly personally until DAmanding made it a point to intentionally insult me on a personal level. My only intent was to suggest that people not assume intent based on behavior. I certainly never expected that to be such a controversial stance! I forget how this board has changed sometimes. Mea culpa.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 03:00 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with the Freud comment but then again...I might not be the brightest crayon in the box...and just don't get it. lol

She's saying that I'm mentally ill because I disagree with her. It's a bigoted, ableist slur that I especially don't appreciate because it is an issue that has touched my life quite closely. And if you don't think that was personal, I don't know what to tell you.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-17-12, 03:05 PM
She's saying that I'm mentally ill because I disagree with her. It's a bigoted, ableist slur that I especially don't appreciate because it is an issue that has touched my life quite closely. And if you don't think that was personal, I don't know what to tell you.

Like I said I honestly didn't know what the Freud comment meant. My biggest thing with deleting ppl is making my list more manageable. A lot of people I deleted I honestly don't think we're even playing any longer. I do have ppl who I kept that are like 1 that don't tip but the do gift every day. At some point to advance in the game we need each other. Like building new appliances and expanding. Well unless you got tons of money and can do it with gems. But personally if I going to spend that kind of money I want something I can actually touch!!! lol

DAmanding
04-17-12, 03:08 PM

Good grief no that is not what I was saying! I actually am mentally ill, I have severe major depression that I've had my entire life and can never "fix". Medication only helps to a degree. I would certainly not make bigoted comments about it.

The Freud comment was a subtle reference to a possibility that maybe you're seeing too much of yourself in my comments about people who take without giving in return and therefore are defensive about it because you feel guilty. Since I don't actually know if that is true, I just mentioned how Freud would have a field day dissecting your response.

driftboutique
04-17-12, 03:16 PM
Like I said I honestly didn't know what the Freud comment meant. My biggest thing with deleting ppl is making my list more manageable. A lot of people I deleted I honestly don't think we're even playing any longer. I do have ppl who I kept that are like 1 that don't tip but the do gift every day. At some point to advance in the game we need each other. Like building new appliances and expanding. Well unless you got tons of money and can do it with gems. But personally if I going to spend that kind of money I want something I can actually touch!!! lol

No, I hear you. I assume that's why so many of my neighbors keep me around, haha. At least I am helpful with constructibles and expansions. But I don't mind if anyone wants to delete me, either.

Honestly, I admire the discipline it takes to stay on top of your neighbor list. Part of the reason I gave up tipping/liking etc in all games but farm is because I had been accepting anyone who wanted to be my neighbor and my lists grew wildly out of control. I did manage to trim like 150 neighbors in fashion at one point but I still have way too many. It's exhausting to think about ;)

trinityblaze
04-17-12, 04:03 PM
This has been an extremely interesting read. Unexpected since I thought this thread would teach me a few tips from how people determine what to do with their laundry list of neighbors. Currently, I have 112 in RS and 99 in BS. That's after deleting some neighbors that seem to have quit. Having so many neighbors can be difficult when you try to gift and tip daily. Everyone on the thread made valid points. Not every neighbor cares about tipping. It can be tedious and time consuming. Trust me, I get it. However, there are people that take the time to tip/gift and prefer to have neighbors with the same interest in mind. I personally would love to have neighbors that gift and tip as much as I do. That's my preference. Selecting or keeping neighbors is all a matter of preference. My dilemma is I feel bad about deleting neighbors but I have when I see their food is rotten for weeks or the wall is constantly indicating they're full. I really do prefer to get rid of players that have quit and play with neighbors that have the same level of interest that I do. Also, I seriously need to get my neighbor amount down. Clearly, everyone has their own style of playing and their own expectations.

bug242
04-17-12, 05:08 PM
If someone tips me I tip back. Everyday I go through the list of the people who tipped. They are active.

Once and awhile I go through my neighbors and if they have a zero rating and have rotten food and none of the latest furniture then I delete. There are enough new active people to add to the list.

trinityblaze
04-17-12, 05:48 PM
If someone tips me I tip back. Everyday I go through the list of the people who tipped. They are active.

Once and awhile I go through my neighbors and if they have a zero rating and have rotten food and none of the latest furniture then I delete. There are enough new active people to add to the list.

Well what I've been doing lately to find new active neighbors is tipping neighbors I see on my active neighbor's wall. I know many people aren't accepting new neighbors, so I never ask. I simply just write a note to indicate I tipped. Many have tipped back and told me to add them.

DAmanding
04-17-12, 06:11 PM
Well what I've been doing lately to find new active neighbors is tipping neighbors I see on my active neighbor's wall. I know many people aren't accepting new neighbors, so I never ask. I simply just write a note to indicate I tipped. Many have tipped back and told me to add them.

When I do add someone these days its usually a neighbor of a neighbor who has already demonstrated they're active. I like your approach. :)

trinityblaze
04-17-12, 06:24 PM
Thanks!! I figure it's better than bugging people to add me. I do hate those messages when people simply write add me and their ID! No please, no tips, just a damand which I politely ignore!!! ;)

muggapug
04-17-12, 08:03 PM

TL clears tips off tables periodically so you really can't tell if someone with rotten or no food who isn't tipping back is actually collecting your tips or if they have totally stopped playing and their tables are cleared out by TL. These people could also have a three or four star rating since even after you stop tipping, your star rating doesn't change unless and until you reopen the game.

mingboo
04-17-12, 10:44 PM

i can provide you with all the chocolate!!! just got $30 worth of chocolate (easter chocolate though. they are on sales at my local shop...75% off) today!!...LOL

ButterPanda
04-23-12, 11:35 AM
thread is now closed because it strayed too far off topic and became flaming towards each other. Please keep threads on topic and refrain from non constructive arguing in the forums.