PDA

View Full Version : slowed down clients?

pumpkita
04-15-12, 05:54 AM
Since some weeks ago, my food seems to sell much slower. Ex: I filled all my counters 5 days ago. Normally, they would be empty by afternoon the next day...Now, they last 5 days!! and still some of them are there. Other story games continue as always, fast, so I was wondering why only bakery have been slowed down. It's kind a pain because I can't make cake with the frequency I used to...and it's not funny at all having to wait at least 5 days to bake again.

Anyone noticed it? or it's just me?

Thank you

pumpkita
04-15-12, 07:24 AM
And BTW, I tried to download again de valentines version, but I can't finde it anymore. I'm playing the regular version

moda999
04-15-12, 08:32 AM
Hi saw your post earlier and see no one replied yet so thought I'd give my thoughts. Depending on what level you are on there seems to be a point where food accumulates in Bakery as the number of servings tend to be more generous say, than Restaurant.

I found the same as you where food would sell and disappear from the counters and I seemed to have a decent turnover. It may well be that as you have levelled up and maybe got more ovens etc you can bake fadter than the sell rate. Lots of long serving players now have so much food they often stop baking for a while.

In case you have a problem with your layout can you post a picture so forum members can check and help if necessary. In the meantime check each chair is not blocked, the cash register is not blocked and watch your customers coming in for a few minutes to see if there are any obvious problems getting to chairs.

If you check the Restaurant forum there is a thread there on layouts to maximise rates of sale. I've just changed my bakery to take advantage of some of the theories which include having only about 30 tables with chairs available and all near the door and register. I have other tables for tips in blocked off areas and already I have noticed my sales have increased. Take a look as it's really useful and Fecsuper who started the thread there has put in a lot of work to help people sell as quickly as possible.

Good luck!!

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 04:01 PM
http://http://i42.tinypic.com/2emlglj.jpg

Moda is right, but you only need 18 tables to maximise earnings and keep customers happy. Thanks to Fecsuper for working this out.
I have had this going for a while, and I think earnings have dropped off slightly, maybe because all my food is now 4 gpp.

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 04:02 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2emlglj.jpg

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 04:03 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2emlgls.jpg

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 04:04 PM
Finally uploaded pic at third attempt!!

DAmanding
04-15-12, 04:14 PM
fecsuper's thread on most efficient design (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths))

PinkStarbelly
04-17-12, 04:27 AM
I used to use fecsuper's layout for most efficient design. As it was made for Restaurant Story and therefore I has some problems with it. 19 chairs was too little and I had many costumers leave and heart rating dropped to 80-85. I made it a bit bigger and perfect for Bakery Story. Too bad I don't have a picture on it and I already remodeled. It's rather simple though. Instead of 9 x 7 (63 squares), expand to 11 x 8 (88 squares). With that space, there will be another 6 chairs which is 25 in total. If anyone is interested but can't seem to figure out my version of the design, let me know and I'll present a picture.

GroovyRuss
04-17-12, 01:48 PM
fecsuper's thread on most efficient design (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths))

please do not follow that bad advice. (At least for BS) I move 71K plates a day and i am still weeks away from maxing out with the perfect design. (I need more doors)

GroovyRuss
04-17-12, 01:51 PM
Since some weeks ago, my food seems to sell much slower. Ex: I filled all my counters 5 days ago. Normally, they would be empty by afternoon the next day...Now, they last 5 days!! and still some of them are there. Other story games continue as always, fast, so I was wondering why only bakery have been slowed down. It's kind a pain because I can't make cake with the frequency I used to...and it's not funny at all having to wait at least 5 days to bake again.

Anyone noticed it? or it's just me?

Thank you

there is a really BAD bug that slows your customers WAY down. if you see this restart the app and let it run for awhile unlocked. (i.e. do not let the device sleep and keep the BS app front most)

DAmanding
04-17-12, 01:58 PM
I used to use fecsuper's layout for most efficient design. As it was made for Restaurant Story and therefore I has some problems with it. 19 chairs was too little and I had many costumers leave and heart rating dropped to 80-85. I made it a bit bigger and perfect for Bakery Story. Too bad I don't have a picture on it and I already remodeled. It's rather simple though. Instead of 9 x 7 (63 squares), expand to 11 x 8 (88 squares). With that space, there will be another 6 chairs which is 25 in total. If anyone is interested but can't seem to figure out my version of the design, let me know and I'll present a picture.

Actually it says in fecsuper's thread that you need to alter the design with 2-3 extra chairs for BS versus RS. I would get a sad face sometimes with only 19 chairs but it would only drop my rating by 1-2 points and only for a minute. I added two more chairs and never saw another sad face.

please do not follow that bad advice. (At least for BS) I move 71K plates a day and i am still weeks away from maxing out with the perfect design. (I need more doors)

You manage to move 71k plates a day? Impressive! Thats more than the 45k that fecsuper says RS moves and I would think that BS wouldn't be that significantly different considering it has the same number of customers in store at a time. Though they do eat faster in BS.

Extra doors don't add any more customers in the store at one time. So the best bet is still to keep the shortest walking distance possible for the speediest in/out time for your customers.

PinkStarbelly
04-17-12, 10:10 PM
I sold almost 1 million plates last week.

GroovyRuss
04-19-12, 07:23 AM
Actually it says in fecsuper's thread that you need to alter the design with 2-3 extra chairs for BS versus RS. I would get a sad face sometimes with only 19 chairs but it would only drop my rating by 1-2 points and only for a minute. I added two more chairs and never saw another sad face.

You manage to move 71k plates a day? Impressive! Thats more than the 45k that fecsuper says RS moves and I would think that BS wouldn't be that significantly different considering it has the same number of customers in store at a time. Though they do eat faster in BS.

Extra doors don't add any more customers in the store at one time. So the best bet is still to keep the shortest walking distance possible for the speediest in/out time for your customers.

doors do not add customers and if they did it you would slow the turnover rate down since you would need more table and chairs. what they do is make walking distance shorter and add extra cash register at each door to get the customer in faster. the best design IMHO is 1 cash register and 2 tables/chairs per door. This blocks off that section and thus there is ZERO walking. Of course you would need 29 doors to max that design out but going by the increase i get per door thus far my guess is you could move about 90 plates a minute. (if it holds up it may not because of diminishing returns)

that is 130K plates a day. now PinkStarbelly says almost 1 million in 7 days. interesting. cause 90 a minute is getting close to 1 million in 7 days. (907200 plates give or take)

GroovyRuss
04-19-12, 07:24 AM

also notice the clear times. the time it takes to clear a plate depends on the type of food.

bakerbarbie12
04-19-12, 08:11 AM
Is it even possible to sell close to a million plates in a week? How is that done, without buying a bunch of doors as GroovyRuss suggested? And without quick sale *****s. I moved close to a million plates too...to the dumpster. Gotta go, Jasmine tea is ready!

RoseMeyer
04-19-12, 09:13 AM
BS peeps eat in TEN seconds
RS peeps eat in THIRTY seconds, I don't the the 45K plate limit holds in BS.

GroovyRuss
04-20-12, 06:39 AM
Is it even possible to sell close to a million plates in a week? How is that done, without buying a bunch of doors as GroovyRuss suggested? And without quick sale *****s. I moved close to a million plates too...to the dumpster. Gotta go, Jasmine tea is ready!

well moving the cash register into the door (removes 1 square of walking) then arranging the tables so the least amount of walking is the only way. You should be able to increase the number of plates served a lot VS a random set up.

GroovyRuss
04-20-12, 06:43 AM
BS peeps eat in TEN seconds
RS peeps eat in THIRTY seconds, I don't the the 45K plate limit holds in BS.

well the dish also plays a factor. if you watch closely you will see customers sit down AFTER others customers and finish before.
then you will see the dish cleared faster than other dishes also. For sure it is NOT a standard 10 seconds. In fact i just checked
I get 5 to 10 seconds on the iPhone VD version.

bakerbarbie12
04-20-12, 12:43 PM
well moving the cash register into the door (removes 1 square of walking) then arranging the tables so the least amount of walking is the only way. You should be able to increase the number of plates served a lot VS a random set up.

I haven't bought extra doors but I have my seats set up pretty much in that L design to allow as few steps as possible. I have been experimenting with how many chairs I actually use....19, 24, etc....and I haven't gotten over about 50,000 plates a day, or 350,000 a week, that I know of. Not sure how I can get the seats any closer to the door without moving the door, so I'm stumped as to how people get more than double that. But good for them!

HopelesslyBaked
09-07-12, 02:59 AM
It doesn't matter what the set up is, TL Has slowed down the pace of customers walking in and out of the bakery. My customers used to walk in at a much faster pace and now are walking at half that rate so naturally I am not making as much profit.
As usual, TL found yet another way to drop our profits.

yum199
09-07-12, 03:55 AM
I have noticed this also.I had approx 3 million bits of food that I couldn't sell.I ended up throwing half out 2 make more room.Whats interesting is since then I have downsized chairs from 30 to 17 n I am selling more than ever.My rate hangs around 95 to 100.Go figure.

sunnyazchica
09-07-12, 10:27 PM
The new android version that has the goals that was just recently pushed out has the "slow diners". The previous version used to be a happening place. It was exciting to see that your place was such a hustle and bustle of activity. Now I call my diners zombies :) This may be why you are noticing the difference in your diners.

badkayla
09-07-12, 11:17 PM
It doesn't matter what the set up is, TL Has slowed down the pace of customers walking in and out of the bakery. My customers used to walk in at a much faster pace and now are walking at half that rate so naturally I am not making as much profit.
As usual, TL found yet another way to drop our profits.

My bakery has slowed waaaaaaay down. I don't count dishes is ell per day, but notice that earnings has dropped immensely :( why does TL Keep doing this (shutting down profits) to all our games???

ZGM2003
09-08-12, 01:45 AM
My bakery has slowed waaaaaaay down. I don't count dishes is ell per day, but notice that earnings has dropped immensely :( why does TL Keep doing this (shutting down profits) to all our games???
I have hardly cooked for a month and still have 145000 egg tarts and Blueberry Buckle, lemon merange pie Less expensive or less quanity seems to sell. I Emailed Team Lava they told me not to cook for a couple days didn't work. It happen before Android Update with me but frustrating.

bethwilliams
09-08-12, 09:26 AM
Is it just me or have the bot's picked up the pace a wee bit?!

Baraze
09-08-12, 03:53 PM
Its not just you all. Ive noticed on all of the bakeries ive visited that the clones walk like kids, who havent had their ovaltine, before their first day of school.

Even being near level 97, I was beyond over the moon with the new goals. But with some good comes bad and the force closes, etc have been a pest.

I did follow the the idea of several high ranking players. Where moving the seats closer to the door worked wonders. Two doors should work perfectly fine.

badkayla
09-09-12, 11:19 PM
I ONLY HAD ONE CUSTOMER JUST NOW. I'm a level 80 player, so I'm not a newbie at this game. Ridiculous.....one customer only at a time!

soclassymom
09-10-12, 11:01 PM
I ONLY HAD ONE CUSTOMER JUST NOW. I'm a level 80 player, so I'm not a newbie at this game. Ridiculous.....one customer only at a time!

Me too , I open my bakery the door dose not open at all after a while just one customer walk in then nothing.