PDA

View Full Version : Please answer

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 02:44 AM
Can anyone answer this question.
Suppose you have 10 counters, 1 piled high with red velvet cookies (12 gpp) and the other 9 piled high with another dish eg shamrock cookies (4 gpp). Does the red velvet cookies have a 1 in 10 chance of being selected by a customer, or a 1 in 2 chance? If it is 1 in 10 then it would make sense to force all the shamrock cookies onto 1 counter, by baking 1 portion of brownies, so that there is now a 1 in 2 chance of red velvet cookies being taken by a customer and, therefore, more gold/hr earned.

PinkStarbelly
04-15-12, 02:58 AM
1 in 10 ..

Branston73
04-15-12, 03:35 AM
I think it's a one in ten aswell

moda999
04-15-12, 05:05 AM
This got me thinking and thanks for bringing it up. I have now used brownies to force foods together and then removed empty counters then dumped the brownies as worth only 1 coin per plate. Btw Red Velvet Cookies are 4 coins but Red Velvet Cake is 12 coins. Got caught by this so looked it up.

DAmanding
04-15-12, 09:47 AM
I believe it is best to have the red velvet cake spread out on multiple counters if you want it sold more frequently and the lower priced items all on one counter each.

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 01:57 PM
The crux of the question is does the same food on two or more counters count as 1 food or not. Either someone from TL needs to answer, or we will have to do some experiments - it looks like moda has started.

DAmanding
04-15-12, 01:59 PM
The crux of the question is does the same food on two or more counters count as 1 food or not. Either someone from TL needs to answer, or we will have to do some experiments - it looks like moda has started.

I won't swear to it, but I think I read once that customer's plates are randomly selected from each counter. So if you have the same food spread out over multiple counters it is more likely to be chosen then food available on only one counter.