PDA

View Full Version : Signatures, Clickable Names, Editing Posts,Avatars

Pages : [1] 2

bigbux3
04-14-12, 05:10 PM
I figured this would be the appropriate place to post this thread.
It's been almost a year that TeamLava said they'd fix the problem about users over 100 posts would get the ability to use a signature and have a clickable name. I would love to use a signature and be able to click on other users names. I noticed that the new mod: CuddlyDragon, had a clickable username. Is this only for Moderators or Developers?
It would be nice to hear feedback from a moderator and from other users who may share this same idea with me.
Thanks!

HmongVillager
04-14-12, 05:16 PM
I voted yes.
I thought it was people who joined at a certain time, mods, and tl developers.

ariesblu
04-16-12, 02:07 AM
They say it's too difficult for them to achieve for everyone... for some odd reason, even though they were able to fix it for the new moderators.

jellybelly2001
04-16-12, 03:15 AM
I think important people should have clicking names

DAmanding
04-16-12, 07:10 AM
I think important people should have clicking names

Aren't we all important? :D ;)

queentina3
04-16-12, 07:18 AM
I would like to have a signature, and I would agree to have it for just the mods if other users didn't already have that option. If TL wants to only have new mods with the option, instead of all of us, then maybe they should consider taking the option away from those users that aren't mods that already have it, otherwise they should start going down the member list in order of postings and making these users have the option.

bigbux3
04-16-12, 07:23 AM
I would like to have a signature, and I would agree to have it for just the mods if other users didn't already have that option. If TL wants to only have new mods with the option, instead of all of us, then maybe they should consider taking the option away from those users that aren't mods that already have it, otherwise they should start going down the member list in order of postings and making these users have the option.

Totally right. I noticed from the beginning that, I believe, BP and DW didn't have a clickable name until a month or 2 back.

pinkster73
04-16-12, 07:44 AM
I want a signature :(

bobbyrae
04-16-12, 08:06 AM
I want a signature too :(

Branston73
04-16-12, 08:07 AM
I would like to have a clickable name!

Branston73
04-16-12, 08:07 AM

and a signature aswell.

GroupMagma
04-16-12, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't possible at this time (at least not on a wide scale). This is due to a forum bug that occurred with user registration. Sorry for the inconvenience!

AuntyRose32
04-16-12, 10:54 AM
I'm sensing some RANDOMNESS again...:p Yes it would be nice to have all this:)

pinkster73
04-16-12, 11:28 AM
I'm sensing some RANDOMNESS again...:p Yes it would be nice to have all this:)

No randomness, if you joined after April 12 2011 no signature for you. Or me.

Limaxa
04-16-12, 11:38 AM
Voten for Yes.. I'm in another forum where everyone can have his or her own signature.. That's normal! It's not just for mods..

jellybelly2001
04-16-12, 12:48 PM
Aren't we all important? :D ;)

Like staff

HmongVillager
04-16-12, 12:51 PM
Maybe not a clickable name but atleast a signature.

AuntyRose32
04-16-12, 12:57 PM
I meant random as in we can give it to some people when we choose to (new moderator, cuddlydragon) but not to anyone else. I understand this issue is tied into when you joined the forum. Or they could just fix the problem but I won't be holding my breath on that one...:)

DAmanding
04-16-12, 12:59 PM
Like staff

I knew what you meant. I was being silly. Hence the big grin and wink faces. :D ;)

ariesblu
04-16-12, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately, this isn't possible at this time (at least not on a wide scale). This is due to a forum bug that occurred with user registration. Sorry for the inconvenience!
So what exactly are you guys doing to fix it (if anything)?

bigbux3
04-16-12, 03:16 PM

If there was a bug, how did the new Moderators get one?
I'm only asking, and a bit concerned.

dalula
04-16-12, 03:58 PM
yes, of course... I want a signature and I've been trying since forever for a signature (and failed! :( )

bigbux3
04-16-12, 04:13 PM
yes, of course... I want a signature and I've been trying since forever for a signature (and failed! :( )

I tried too and I found out Kooky Panda can help you make a signature. You have to copy and paste it into your post. I kept forgetting to though and I stopped.
Here's mine:

http://i42.tinypic.com/zoawlj.gif Bigbux3 http://i42.tinypic.com/zoawlj.gif
Because smallbux... just sucks

City Story: Kelvin City
Restaurant Story: Haven Cafe
Nightclub Story: Kelvin Club
Bakery Story: Kelvin Bakery
Zoo Story 2: Kelvin Parks
Pet Shop Story: Kelvin Pet Shop

HmongVillager
04-16-12, 04:17 PM
Like the animations :p

Rachael98
04-16-12, 04:22 PM
If there was a bug, how did the new Moderators get one?
I'm only asking, and a bit concerned.

It's all to do with User IDs.
Any user ID after 1051 is affected.
What they have to do, is take someone who has never posted, but has an ID lower than 1051, and swap them with the Mod. That takes time though, and there wouldn't be enough to go round.
I still think it's a usergroup span permission error in the ACP...

bigbux3
04-16-12, 05:52 PM
What they have to do, is take someone who has never posted, but has an ID lower than 1051, and swap them with the Mod. That takes time though, and there wouldn't be enough to go round.

Huh???

pinkster73
04-16-12, 06:24 PM
Huh???

Exactly. Huh? More 'puter talk.

atlantisonearth
04-16-12, 06:29 PM
Exactly. Huh? More 'puter talk.

BB forum talk ;) Us moderators and admins understand

pinkster73
04-16-12, 07:31 PM
BB forum talk ;) Us moderators and admins understand

Us posters just farm :p

sparks229
04-20-12, 10:16 PM

Wuz a user group span permission error in the ACP? Can that be put in words for people that aren't geniuses with technology?

bigbux3
04-20-12, 10:27 PM
What is ACP?

Ic3e
04-20-12, 10:35 PM
Clickable name? Maybe. Signature? TOTALLY ****IT! So my vote....yes for siggy's.

sparks229
04-20-12, 11:06 PM
We want siggy's!!!!! :D

bigbux3
04-20-12, 11:19 PM
We want siggy's!!!!! :D

Aw. You've adapted to my word.

copycats
04-20-12, 11:28 PM
I would like a signature and a clickable name

Rachael98
04-21-12, 02:13 AM
Alright, translation for anyone who doesn't run a Forum:D.

Basically, I don't know if anyone knows much about databases, but the Forums are. There are lots of different parts of a database - for instance, for users, there's their username, IP Address (your computer's special number), e-mail address, when they signed up etc. There's also a unique number - the user ID. No accounts have the same number, it's the one exclusive way of identifying someone. Threads and posts all have an ID too - no matter what you call the thread, so long as this part: 27231 is in the address, it works fine.
Now, on the User ID 1051 on the 12th April 2011, a glitch occurred and all name links and some features broke.
Any UID before this date worked fine (so if you swap an inactive user with a Mod, the Mod gets the features and someone who never uses the Forum doesn't).
I thought it might have been an issue in the ACP (Admin Control Panel - the Forums don't just turn up and be all lovely and shiny, there's a more complicated bit behind the pretty front) where the usergroups (that's basically a load of different groups with different things they can do on the Forums. Admins can edit anyone's posts, access the ACP etc; SuperMods can edit anyone's thread titles, etc).
Internet coding language - HTML - could let them change each usergroup's name colour (eg. make Admin Red, SuperMod green and Mod Blue etc), but that would also include links in the name.
I thought that maybe there'd been a mistake and they'd accidentally created a new usergroup that had guest features. Just me thinking of the only thing I could.

Hope that helped explain it.

bigbux3
04-21-12, 08:33 AM

Basically, I don't know if anyone knows much about databases, but the Forums are. There are lots of different parts of a database - for instance, for users, there's their username, IP Address (your computer's special number), e-mail address, when they signed up etc. There's also a unique number - the user ID. No accounts have the same number, it's the one exclusive way of identifying someone. Threads and posts all have an ID too - no matter what you call the thread, so long as this part: 27231 is in the address, it works fine.
Now, on the User ID 1051 on the 12th April 2011, a glitch occurred and all name links and some features broke.
Any UID before this date worked fine (so if you swap an inactive user with a Mod, the Mod gets the features and someone who never uses the Forum doesn't).
I thought it might have been an issue in the ACP (Admin Control Panel - the Forums don't just turn up and be all lovely and shiny, there's a more complicated bit behind the pretty front) where the usergroups (that's basically a load of different groups with different things they can do on the Forums. Admins can edit anyone's posts, access the ACP etc; SuperMods can edit anyone's thread titles, etc).
Internet coding language - HTML - could let them change each usergroup's name colour (eg. make Admin Red, SuperMod green and Mod Blue etc), but that would also include links in the name.
I thought that maybe there'd been a mistake and they'd accidentally created a new usergroup that had guest features. Just me thinking of the only thing I could.

Thanks for this. I understand now! I remember that day, I was so active in the forums to reach 100 posts so I could be a Senior Member.

Rachael98
04-21-12, 09:39 AM
Thanks for this. I understand now! I remember that day, I was so active in the forums to reach 100 posts so I could be a Senior Member.

12th April? That's probably not possible - that would mean your account was created before the glitch, and therefore you'd have full editing features...which you clearly don't.

bigbux3
04-21-12, 10:23 AM
Whoops, I meant someday in June when I joined: I was active that day in the forums to reach 100 posts so I could be a Senior Member.
I still wonder how they haven't figured out how to fix the glitch.

sparks229
04-21-12, 02:08 PM

This has possibly just confused me even more. All I got from that was GM can use his super powers and give CD the account of an inactive user and I'm not going to try understanding the technology behind these forums :D

Rachael98
04-21-12, 02:10 PM
This has possibly just confused me even more. All I got from that was GM can use his super powers and give CD the account of an inactive user and I'm not going to try understanding the technology behind these forums :D

If you don't understand it, I'm probably not the person to teach you.
Either fiddle around with a free equivalent of the software (ZetaBoards is the one I use to power my Forums), of ask someone IRL.

pinkster73
04-21-12, 02:24 PM
If you don't understand it, I'm probably not the person to teach you.
Either fiddle around with a free equivalent of the software (ZetaBoards is the one I use to power my Forums), of ask someone IRL.

Or wait for someone else to fix it.

sparks229
04-21-12, 02:37 PM
Or wait for someone else to fix it.

Yup....

Rachael98
04-21-12, 02:48 PM
I meant in terms of understanding how it works:).

DAmanding
04-21-12, 07:05 PM
The bug could probably be fixed but they would have to pay to get it fixed. I haven't been a forum administrator since the days when vbulletin was free. I was once the super admin for the forum on the Michael Moore website. Now that was a challenge! Trying to maintain free speech on a political forum without complete chaos?!?! Whew!

bigbux3
04-21-12, 07:06 PM
The bug could probably be fixed but they would have to pay to get it fixed. I haven't been a forum administrator since the days when vbulletin was free. I was once the super admin for the forum on the Michael Moore website. Now that was a challenge! Trying to maintain free speech on a political forum without complete chaos?!?! Whew!

I still see the word chaos as ch-ow-os.

pinkster73
04-21-12, 07:08 PM
I still see the word chaos as ch-ow-os.

Say what?

bigbux3
04-21-12, 07:09 PM
Say what?

Chow-os.

DAmanding
04-21-12, 07:14 PM
A bit of a Chinese pronunciation?

pinkster73
04-21-12, 07:15 PM
Chow-os.

Ah je comprend.

pinkster73
04-21-12, 07:15 PM
A bit of a Chinese pronunciation?

Or Italiano.

bigbux3
04-21-12, 07:17 PM
When I was a wee lad, I used to say chow-os as chaos. I used to say it exactly how I spelled it (chow-os).

sparks229
04-22-12, 12:08 AM
I meant in terms of understanding how it works:).

I know. Technology is just not always my thing. That's why there are geniuses for us :)

Rachael98
04-22-12, 01:11 AM
I know. Technology is just not always my thing. That's why there are geniuses for us :)

Well hey, so longs as GM doesn't suddenly make any users Forum Admins, it's fine!

pulidancer96
04-29-12, 12:50 PM
I want an avatar. But its for community managers I think

Rachael98
04-29-12, 12:58 PM

Yup, plus it wouldn't work on your account because it's broken even if we were allowed one.

ariesblu
04-29-12, 01:26 PM
It should be allowed for everyone. On every other message board it isn't an issue.

bigbux3
04-29-12, 01:36 PM
Well, that goes back to having clickable names and signatures to have an avatar.

pika4ever88
05-01-12, 08:30 PM
I want to banish all those with excuses that this forum should remain unfair and allow only those who happened to join before April 2011 and others "just because" to have working siggies and clickable names. It's sad when basic forum features are denied to some users for obscure reason. But hey, that's TL's motto: if it's broken, why fix it, but if it's working before, let's think of a way to mess it up. Bouncing coins stars anyone?

Also, this forum is created through a third-party company (generic bookmark logo). Unless that company has customer service as bad TL, I'm sure this is a feature that'd be covered in their contract...

TimeForACuppaTea
05-01-12, 08:58 PM
I agree Pika.

I think TL and the forum companies should hire Rachel. Go get things fixed for us.

A sig would be nice but I'd really like to be able to click peoples names. The site is only partially functional since we could post messages in a users profile and send PM but only if we can figure out a way to get into their profile first. Without being able to click on users names it can be tricky to do this.

bigbux3
05-01-12, 09:23 PM
I agree Pika.

I think TL and the forum companies should hire Rachel. Go get things fixed for us.

A sig would be nice but I'd really like to be able to click peoples names. The site is only partially functional since we could post messages in a users profile and send PM but only if we can figure out a way to get into their profile first. Without being able to click on users names it can be tricky to do this.

I have difficulty accessing many users profiles because they don't have clickable names. I have to go through the members list or go through the friends list or through the Who's on list and it's ANNOYING!

ariesblu
05-01-12, 09:35 PM
I have difficulty accessing many users profiles because they don't have clickable names. I have to go through the members list or go through the friends list or through the Who's on list and it's ANNOYING!
Completely agree.

ariesblu
05-01-12, 09:36 PM
I want to banish all those with excuses that this forum should remain unfair and allow only those who happened to join before April 2011 and others "just because" to have working siggies and clickable names. It's sad when basic forum features are denied to some users for obscure reason. But hey, that's TL's motto: if it's broken, why fix it, but if it's working before, let's think of a way to mess it up. Bouncing coins stars anyone?

Also, this forum is created through a third-party company (generic bookmark logo). Unless that company has customer service as bad TL, I'm sure this is a feature that'd be covered in their contract...
I agree with this as well. Having an issue like this for over a year is really ridiculous and says something about the priorities (or lack thereof) of this company.

bigbux3
05-02-12, 07:25 AM
TeamLava has done system fixes in the past before. I remember last year they shut down the Forums for about an hour to two so they can do whatever they did to it. All they need to do is to invest a bit, shut down for a while, fix fast, and re open. AND CHANGE THE COLOR ORANGE!

atlantisonearth
05-02-12, 08:43 AM

I understand! You have to look their name up in the members list!

pinkster73
05-02-12, 08:50 AM
I understand! You have to look their name up in the members list!

Fix it! You're computery.

atlantisonearth
05-02-12, 08:53 AM
Fix it! You're computery.

I actually COULD fix it if I were a mod...

atlantisonearth
05-02-12, 08:54 AM
I actually COULD fix it if I were a mod...

Oh, If I were a mod...

Rachael98
05-02-12, 09:11 AM
Oh, If I were a mod...

Mods don't have access to the ACP.

Saying that, they should let us two Forum Admin-y people try and help. By giving us ACP control.

atlantisonearth
05-02-12, 09:27 AM
Mods don't have access to the ACP.

Saying that, they should let us two Forum Admin-y people try and help. By giving us ACP control.

Sorry. By Mod I meant Admin :s

Rachael98
05-02-12, 10:09 AM
Sorry. By Mod I meant Admin :s

Even GM isn't an Admin. Except on his Admin account:p.

atlantisonearth
05-02-12, 10:12 AM
Even GM isn't an Admin. Except on his Admin account:p.

That all depends if you were referring to GM as:

a) the account
or b) the person

;)

bigbux3
05-02-12, 12:12 PM
I guess TeamLava just doesn't like spending money. HA!

DAmanding
05-02-12, 01:48 PM
I've said before that its a simple fix for them but it probably would cost money to have it fixed (not lots). So.....

sterlingempire
05-02-12, 02:03 PM
If they have enough time to cleverly think of ways to place gen traps, why don they have the time to do THIS

Rachael98
05-02-12, 02:07 PM
vBulletin is Jelsoft's platform.

They built theirs. They know it better.

bigbux3
05-02-12, 03:24 PM
vBulletin is Jelsoft's platform.

They built theirs. They know it better.

I don't think they've built their forums, I've seen a few others like theirs.

bigbux3
05-02-12, 06:31 PM
TeamLava, you've done it now! I see that the Player Moderators can now have the option of an avatar picture. Can we get one?

sparks229
05-02-12, 06:44 PM
My thoughts exactly..........

pinkster73
05-02-12, 06:47 PM
TeamLava, you've done it now! I see that the Player Moderators can now have the option of an avatar picture. Can we get one?

Hey I thought that was new! But then I thought I was losing it and it was always there and I didn't want to look silly.

bigbux3
05-02-12, 07:15 PM
Hey I thought that was new! But then I thought I was losing it and it was always there and I didn't want to look silly.

I was wondering the same thing. But I figured I wasn't because KP's profile picture was different from the avatar. So I put... two and two (?) together.

DAmanding
05-02-12, 07:21 PM

It was explained early in this thread that the reason moderators get a functional account with profile pic, signature and clickable name is because an unused account from before the Great Forum Breakdown is taken over and given to that person. Obviously they can't do this for all of us.

ariesblu
05-03-12, 12:03 PM
It was explained early in this thread that the reason moderators get a functional account with profile pic, signature and clickable name is because an unused account from before the Great Forum Breakdown is taken over and given to that person. Obviously they can't do this for all of us.
Though it was different in this instance because their accounts already had these capabilities, so what you stated did not apply to them specifically. But if this is the only way for them to hand it out to everyone after their lengthy research of over a year, then they should do something instead of absolutely nothing. There are 33,313 members on this forum, but only 4714 active members.

queentina3
05-03-12, 12:37 PM
Though it was different in this instance because their accounts already had these capabilities, so what you stated did not apply to them specifically. But if this is the only way for them to hand it out to everyone after their lengthy research of over a year, then they should do something instead of absolutely nothing. There are 33,313 members on this forum, but only 4714 active members.

And there are probably less than a hundred out of that 4714 that have more than 100 posts, if that. Probably less than 50.

bigbux3
05-03-12, 12:54 PM
They just need to fix it!

Rachael98
05-03-12, 01:05 PM
I don't think they've built their forums, I've seen a few others like theirs.

I meant their games; the forum - vB is Jelsoft.

Player Mods now have avatars.
They all had functioning accounts anyway.

bigbux3
05-03-12, 01:15 PM
I meant their games; the forum - vB is Jelsoft.

Player Mods now have avatars.
They all had functioning accounts anyway.

I'm guessing they chose... WAIT... xokay didn't have a Senior Member account. (As I know of) Only Kooky Panda and greygull have Senior Member accounts.

DAmanding
05-03-12, 01:31 PM

But if they only use the work around instead of getting the problem fixed, then they have to manually change every active user to an inactive account one at at time. Plus there could be difficulties if the original inactive user ever decided to come back (unlikely yes).

Ironically the work around is actually more work and headache then just fixing the problem...but it also doesn't cost anything other than the probably free labor of the super admin.

pika4ever88
05-03-12, 05:18 PM

So that's how you do it... LOL! I've been PMing and then using that clickable link... xD.

TeamLava has done system fixes in the past before. I remember last year they shut down the Forums for about an hour to two so they can do whatever they did to it. All they need to do is to invest a bit, shut down for a while, fix fast, and re open. AND CHANGE THE COLOR ORANGE!

I was going to say you could change the color (since I just added a profile picture and homepage and saw that feature)... But looking at the Settings closer, it's either "Orange" or "test" which is orange... LOL!

I agree Pika.

The PM part I have an answer for (one out of three isn't too bad... lol). You can go to your Private Messages (at the top) > Send a New Message (on the left) and just type (or copy paste) in the name. If you have the first few letters, it'll also start a drop-down search results. Hope that makes your life slightly easier in a place where they don't care about you. :3.

sparks229
05-07-12, 07:24 PM
I just noticed that you can edit your messages on wall posts. Can't believe myself. *smh in shame :p*

bigbux3
05-07-12, 07:36 PM
I just noticed that you can edit your messages on wall posts. Can't believe myself. *smh in shame :p*

We've always been able to do so.

pinkster73
05-07-12, 07:39 PM
We've always been able to do so.

Way to rub it in bigbux

sparks229
05-07-12, 08:06 PM
I don't notice a lot of things apparently..... Wish we could do it on regular posts... But I'm fine with a siggy! :D

bigbux3
05-07-12, 08:23 PM
Way to rub it in bigbux

Rub what in? You can edit too.

mattyboo1
05-08-12, 04:53 PM
And to top it all off members who joined after the glitch happened can't edit their own posts please do your best to fix this teamlava please

pinkster73
05-08-12, 05:44 PM
Rub what in? You can edit too.

Her point was that she just noticed that we've been able to edit vm wall posts forever. Then you rubbed it in. Je comprend?

mattyboo1
05-08-12, 06:04 PM
And to top it all off members who joined after the glitch happened can't edit their own posts please do your best to fix this teamlava please

And to add to that we cant have any of these great forum features

bigbux3
05-08-12, 06:39 PM
Her point was that she just noticed that we've been able to edit vm wall posts forever. Then you rubbed it in. Je comprend?

?qu?? No entiendo todav

pinkster73
05-08-12, 07:49 PM
?qu?? No entiendo todav

Su argumento era que ella s?lo dio cuenta de que hemos sido capaces de editar los mensajes vm pared para siempre. A continuaci?n, se frota pulg.

bigbux3
05-08-12, 07:56 PM
Su argumento era que ella s?lo dio cuenta de que hemos sido capaces de editar los mensajes vm pared para siempre. A continuaci?n, se frota pulg.
Well...

pinkster73
05-08-12, 07:59 PM
Well...

Ok I'll use different English words. She just noticed that we could always do that. You reinforced it, making her feel sillier. Oui?

queentina3
05-08-12, 08:03 PM
Well I feel silly cause I have no idea what you guys are talking about. How can we edit our wall posts? We can delete them and do new ones, but I have no idea how we edit them. *so confused*

bigbux3
05-08-12, 08:04 PM
Ok I'll use different English words. She just noticed that we could always do that. You reinforced it, making her feel sillier. Oui?
I understand.

pinkster73
05-08-12, 08:29 PM
I understand.

Yay! By the way I was joking when I said you were rubbing it in :p

bobbyrae
05-08-12, 09:00 PM
Well I feel silly cause I have no idea what you guys are talking about. How can we edit our wall posts? We can delete them and do new ones, but I have no idea how we edit them. *so confused*

Not forum posts, just vm posts. We can edit those.

sparks229
05-08-12, 09:19 PM
Lol I don't feel "silly".

pinkster73
05-08-12, 09:59 PM
Lol I don't feel "silly".

I know. I couldn't think of a better word to try to explain.

sparks229
05-08-12, 11:35 PM
:):):)

queentina3
05-09-12, 06:10 AM
Not forum posts, just vm posts. We can edit those.

Ahhhh, I didn't know what "wall" posts they were talking about. I was thinking the ones within the game. Silly me. :p

bigbux3
05-11-12, 07:45 PM
Why limit us?

pinkster73
05-11-12, 08:08 PM
Sigh, still waiting. Think of all the cute avatars I could have!

ariesblu
05-11-12, 08:50 PM
The length of the wait seems unreasonable and ridiculous at the same time.

bigbux3
05-11-12, 09:05 PM
The length of the wait seems unreasonable and ridiculous at the same time.

They said it themselves: It should be fixed soon... soon enough?

ariesblu
05-11-12, 09:25 PM
They said it themselves: It should be fixed soon... soon enough?
It's been over a year since the issue occurred, and for some reason they did not feel it a priority to resolve effectively and efficiently. This time next year they will still be saying "it should be fixed soon."

piggiful
05-11-12, 09:40 PM
I think the first requirement is to be able to oink in perfect piggish.

bigbux3
05-12-12, 08:23 AM
It's been over a year since the issue occurred, and for some reason they did not feel it a priority to resolve effectively and efficiently. This time next year they will still be saying "it should be fixed soon."

And then I reply: Uh huh... so, how soon is "fixed"?

copycats
05-12-12, 08:57 PM
What about avatars?

bigbux3
05-12-12, 09:14 PM
What about avatars?

We only have profile pictures, not avatars. Which the mods can use avatars.

Godlovesyou12
05-15-12, 09:20 AM
Everyone on here should be treated equally! We want signatures, avatars, and clickable names
TEAM LAVA!

bigbux3
05-15-12, 03:17 PM
Everyone on here should be treated equally! We want signatures, avatars, and clickable names
TEAM LAVA!

Will we get it... *might take me a VERY LONG time to answer

ariesblu
05-16-12, 09:54 PM
Will we get it... *might take me a VERY LONG time to answer
For some reason I doubt it - which is really irregular for a forum or message board. Very irregular.

catgirl477
05-16-12, 10:15 PM
Yes this would be awesome!!! But unfortunately only uses that joined before last spring get these things, I envy sehana :(

catgirl477
05-16-12, 10:18 PM
And also not just the name, but being able too see ur pic somewhere else then ur profile! And seeing what rank you are

bigbux3
05-17-12, 07:16 AM
It's probably not even hard to do... just INVEST!

cubsrock1908
05-17-12, 09:07 PM

Hope that helped explain it. Agh! A lot of words! I read the first 10 sentences

bigbux3
05-17-12, 10:20 PM
Agh! A lot of words! I read the first 10 sentences

Basically, we can't do diddly squat because the forums are messed up.

ariesblu
05-17-12, 10:24 PM
Basically, we can't do diddly squat because the forums are messed up.
Basically it's another failure for tl. And they don't care about this one. I bet anyone it will not be fixed.

bigbux3
05-18-12, 07:24 AM
Basically it's another failure for tl. And they don't care about this one. I bet anyone it will not be fixed.

I'll raise your bet for real money.
Isn't that like poker or something? I've never played.

sparks229
05-18-12, 10:53 PM
Anything but this is going to be "fixed"

sparks229
05-18-12, 10:54 PM
Agh! A lot of words! I read the first 10 sentences

My thoughts exactly!

cast1532
06-02-12, 12:02 AM
I love my "special features". I feel special because I was here from the beginning and I think these features is like a prize for putting up with Team Lava. The period where we didn't have weekly updates, before GM came into the picture, where we would wait months for a response from them. Yeah, I been here two years and I seen a lot of things changed.

Who remembers when anyone could've come and post anything they wanted? Some people were disgusting and I still remember those pictures. That's one of the reasons they decided to clean up the forum. Where they enable user names so only people that play Team Lava games can post. Those were the good old days.

I honestly don't think it's that easy to turn on the features you guys want. I think if they mess with something this site might go down and they don't want to experience that.

With that said, I hope you guys get the features that I have. It's nice to have a feature where you can delete your post or edit.

cubsrock1908
06-02-12, 09:03 AM
The siggy I want: [COLOR="lime"
&A1"California Gurls we're unforgettable daisy dukes bikinis on top. Sun-kissed skin so hot we'll melt your Popsicle whoa oh whooa[/COLOR]

bigbux3
06-02-12, 09:35 AM
I love my "special features". I feel special because I was here from the beginning and I think these features is like a prize for putting up with Team Lava. The period where we didn't have weekly updates, before GM came into the picture, where we would wait months for a response from them. Yeah, I been here two years and I seen a lot of things changed.

Who remembers when anyone could've come and post anything they wanted? Some people were disgusting and I still remember those pictures. That's one of the reasons they decided to clean up the forum. Where they enable user names so only people that play Team Lava games can post. Those were the good old days.

I honestly don't think it's that easy to turn on the features you guys want. I think if they mess with something this site might go down and they don't want to experience that.

With that said, I hope you guys get the features that I have. It's nice to have a feature where you can delete your post or edit.

I also have seen Unregistered too. I've seen forums exactly like this kind before so I don't know what system powers the forums (unless it's their own modeled off of something) but they should give us the capability while keeping the clean.

ariesblu
06-04-12, 07:04 PM
I wonder if this is honestly ever going to happen.

bigbux3
06-04-12, 07:37 PM

No... In my opinion: No. Want it to, but no.

pinkster73
06-04-12, 07:50 PM
No... In my opinion: No. Want it to, but no.

I concur.

queentina3
06-04-12, 09:41 PM

We'll get it when we get a confirmation button in the games. :p

cubsrock1908
06-05-12, 06:40 AM
We want siggys, We Want Siggys! WE WANT SIGGYS!!!! Who agrees!?

bigbux3
06-05-12, 07:59 PM
If anyone wants to, I have an additional thread to this argument:
VBulletin (http://http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?29830-VBulletin)

atlantisonearth
06-06-12, 01:42 PM
We'll get it when we get a confirmation button in the games. :p

So pretty much... Both are impossible?

sparks229
06-10-12, 02:25 PM
Im not sure if anyone said this already but I thought about it,and how GM keeps saying that he wouldnt want to "deny" us this feature I guess you could say. But if everyone could edit their posts, mods would have no control over what we could post or not post. So if we were to say something that's against the forum rules, then the mods would edit, but we could edit right back.

queentina3
06-10-12, 02:30 PM
Sure, we edit it right back, the mod comes in and edits again and then get banned. :p

Rachael98
06-10-12, 02:42 PM
Sure, we edit it right back, the mod comes in and edits again and then get banned. :p

Or have our editing / posting rights removed:p. It's a better punishment for the crime.

mattyboo1
06-10-12, 03:05 PM

Exactley I wish I could edit and delete but I figured out my own special style of editing posts anybody want to know please pm me as its too hard to explain right now

queentina3
06-10-12, 03:39 PM
Exactley I wish I could edit and delete but I figured out my own special style of editing posts anybody want to know please pm me as its too hard to explain right now

You just quote your own post and edit it there.

cubsrock1908
06-10-12, 04:37 PM
I have to click return a lot of times so it looks like I have a siggy!

As long as your sweating your still alive

mattyboo1
06-10-12, 04:45 PM
You just quote your own post and edit it there.

Queentina you got it actually you can do that with any post but I have done that with editing my own post numerous times queentina remember when I played that joke on you

sparks229
06-10-12, 06:01 PM

Or have our editing / posting rights removed:p. It's a better punishment for the crime.

Hey I was sleepy! I didn't think through everything :p

bigbux3
06-10-12, 06:05 PM
Im not sure if anyone said this already but I thought about it,and how GM keeps saying that he wouldnt want to "deny" us this feature I guess you could say. But if everyone could edit their posts, mods would have no control over what we could post or not post. So if we were to say something that's against the forum rules, then the mods would edit, but we could edit right back.

Well, even if we were telling the truth in our post, I don't see why TeamLava would try to deny it.

cubsrock1908
06-11-12, 10:22 PM
I sent CD I PM bout this

cubsrock1908
06-11-12, 10:26 PM
I saw something funny after I deleted a post from my profile: Join Date 03-17-2012
Current ActivityModerating
Last Activity Today 05:16 AM But I agree should be able to be like the mods! Well have avatars and siggys!

bigbux3
06-16-12, 01:33 PM
Reading the FAQ (which can be very helpful), the reason why we cannot do many things in this forum has to do with the administrator(s) blocking whatever they don't want their users to do.
There is also another pretty cool feature which is profile related. You can edit your profile, change colors, use pictures, and make you profile as unique as you want- also blocked.

girlbieber
06-16-12, 04:32 PM
Reading the FAQ (which can be very helpful), the reason why we cannot do many things in this forum has to do with the administrator(s) blocking whatever they don't want their users to do.
There is also another pretty cool feature which is profile related. You can edit your profile, change colors, use pictures, and make you profile as unique as you want- also blocked.

We could be able to change our profile color!!!!!!!! What the heck!

bigbux3
06-16-12, 05:07 PM
We could be able to change our profile color!!!!!!!! What the heck!

Could. But can't.

girlbieber
06-16-12, 05:19 PM
Could. But can't.

I read the FAQ! I am gonna walk up to the administrator and yell at him: WE WANT SIGGYS AND AVATARS AND CLICKABLE NAMES!!!!!!! WE WANT TO MAKE OUR PROFILE UNIQUE BUT YOU WON'T LET US!!!! Ok sorry for the yelling! But it would be cool to have this. Can u Plz let us have it?

girlbieber
06-16-12, 05:21 PM
And BTW I will use those exact words to the administrator

bigbux3
06-16-12, 06:14 PM
I read the FAQ! I am gonna walk up to the administrator and yell at him: WE WANT SIGGYS AND AVATARS AND CLICKABLE NAMES!!!!!!! WE WANT TO MAKE OUR PROFILE UNIQUE BUT YOU WON'T LET US!!!! Ok sorry for the yelling! But it would be cool to have this. Can u Plz let us have it?

Good luck with this. Why haven't they responded?

girlbieber
06-16-12, 06:22 PM
Good luck with this. Why haven't they responded?

Who knows!!!!!!!!

kooky panda
06-16-12, 06:25 PM
GM did respond on this issue on another thread.

As many of you know, these issues first began when we linked our Storm8 ID accounts to vBulletin accounts, resulting in a scenario in which registered users inexplicably had the same privileges as Guests. I've personally checked the Admin Control Panel several times to attempt to diagnose this issue, and there is no obvious reason why this would be occurring, as there is no separation of user groups and privileges from before and after the account switch. We have contacted vBulletin regarding the issue, but the problem is more likely on our end. We've let to fix these issues because 1) this is a low-priority issue in comparison to supporting our games, and 2) we may be making other changes to the forums which would render this issue irrelevant.

As we've always stated, we appreciate your feedback, and encourage you to share your concerns with us (provided it's both respectful, and done through the proper channels). Users who are not respectful of both TeamLava and its forum staff will not be permitted to be an active part of this community.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?29830-VBulletin&p=326825&viewfull=1#post326825

girlbieber
06-16-12, 06:28 PM
She did!! This is not low priority!! I feel left out

sparks229
06-16-12, 06:31 PM
A high priority might be to actually listen to their customers but since they can't do that they should give us siggy's. TL, you wanna know something high priority? Try looking at the threads for gem confirmation buttons. Seriously, why don't we all look at those for a while, and see how long ago they were created.

bigbux3
06-16-12, 07:01 PM
That doesn't make sense. All the administrator has to do is turn on the feature. And I wasn't being "disrespectful".

girlbieber
06-16-12, 07:22 PM
That doesn't make sense. All the administrator has to do is turn on the feature. And I wasn't being "disrespectful".

Neither was I! I am bout to PM him! Who wants me to?

lylahmae
06-16-12, 07:41 PM
Neither was I! I am bout to PM him! Who wants me to?

Gm's post is from about a week ago I doubt he was referring to what you said.

bigbux3
06-16-12, 07:51 PM
Gm's post is from about a week ago I doubt he was referring to what you said.

He was referring to my last post in my VBulletin thread. I've emailed GM and got no response from a week ago.

lylahmae
06-16-12, 07:59 PM
He was referring to my last post in my VBulletin thread. I've emailed GM and got no response from a week ago.

Me too I meant he wasn't talking about her.

sparks229
06-16-12, 08:00 PM

PR said s/he'll answer her PM's; we should try her/him instead;)

sweetstuff525
06-16-12, 08:09 PM
I want to have signature so I can put - no more opening boxes for me since you never know when items will be for free- boxes aren't speacial no more-

girlbieber
06-16-12, 09:56 PM
My siggy would say: The randomness of life is like mashing up the names Austin Karnes and Hunter cox. Aunter karox. So ya don't get it. Lol ( Those people I mentioned are on m home team's high school baseball team)

bigbux3
06-16-12, 10:20 PM
This is mine:

sparks229
06-16-12, 10:57 PM
This is mine:

Nice. Mine would be: ABOUT TIME! *exasparated sigh*

girlbieber
06-17-12, 07:21 AM
Watch

girlbieber
06-17-12, 04:23 PM
Update siggy

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Yay for snickers ice cream!!!

Rachael98
06-17-12, 05:11 PM
In Racheal's forum u get siggys!!! YAY!!!!

Lol, that's 'cos I'm awesome and the cheaper solutions never break. Touch wood;).

girlbieber
06-17-12, 05:15 PM
Lol, that's 'cos I'm awesome and the cheaper solutions never break. Touch wood;).

Yay!!!!!!! U the best

bigbux3
06-17-12, 05:48 PM
I love it. It's like having Senior Member qualities.

sparks229
06-17-12, 07:13 PM
I love it too. I can express my love for 1D there.....I mean...:rolleyes:

LauriNicole
06-17-12, 10:09 PM
Why is this a problem? All forums I'm a part of allow all users to have avatars, signatures, etc... Some of which have over 10,000 members.
Why can't we? Not enough staff = hire more.

coolgirl1908
06-17-12, 10:39 PM
I made this Siggys for Pinkster http://i.picasion.com/gl/54/cme.gif

bigbux3
06-17-12, 10:54 PM
Why is this a problem? All forums I'm a part of allow all users to have avatars, signatures, etc... Some of which have over 10,000 members.
Why can't we? Not enough staff = hire more.

I guess they just don't want us to. It's not even a big deal, so why can't we?

pinkster73
06-18-12, 08:40 AM
I made this Siggys for Pinkster http://i.picasion.com/gl/54/cme.gif

Awesome! Thanks!

coolgirl1908
06-18-12, 09:02 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

Your welcome

blackwidow52
06-20-12, 07:20 AM
what is a siggy?

Rachael98
06-20-12, 07:34 AM
what is a siggy?

Short for signature (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30419-GamerHQ!).

bigbux3
06-20-12, 11:11 AM
Short for signature (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30419-GamerHQ!).

Was that word already known? Siggy?

bigbux3
06-26-12, 09:18 PM
Do these help or explain TeamLava?

http://i50.tinypic.com/28sxxl1.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/33dieqv.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/e0h46w.jpg

I found these in the Admin Control Panel under a VBulletin Demo in which I created. I wanted to help diagnose the problems for you TeamLava.

This one is a mobile forum for mobile devices:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lmmfjr.jpg

ariesblu
06-26-12, 09:57 PM
Hmm I wasn't aware this is how it looked.

bigbux3
06-26-12, 10:19 PM
Hmm I wasn't aware this is how it looked.

This is the Administrator Control Panel that's why.

ariesblu
06-26-12, 10:21 PM
This is the Administrator Control Panel that's why.
I'm just saying I'm surprised it looks this simple. Doesn't make a lot of sense considering the current situation. Wonder what could possibly be lost in translation.

bigbux3
06-26-12, 10:23 PM
I'm just saying I'm surprised it looks this simple. Doesn't make a lot of sense considering the current situation. Wonder what could possibly be lost in translation.

That's why I posted these, because they can even control if they want us to edit our profiles (color, font, blogs, etc.), choose what forum theme/colors, use profile pictures and avatars, enable signatures, down to reporting and editing posts.

bigbux3
06-27-12, 03:10 PM
As Mattdiner quoted this in ToastyRock's Test Thread:

Have you cleared the Signature Cache from AdminCP > Maintenance > Update Counters?

Could this be a fix?

bigbux3
06-27-12, 03:31 PM
Reading vBulletin purchase, there's support which is the reason why vBulletin costs. If support is unlimited and TeamLava is still paying for the site, then why hasn't the company contacted support to diagnose these problems?
If TeamLava doesn't want us to have these features, it's okay to say so. I know people were being disgusting in the beginning of the forums, but that's why there's word filters built into the forums.
I think all the have to do in the ACP is give everyone Moderator Permissions, then change us all back to Members.

bigbux3
07-11-12, 12:33 PM
I want to be able to navigate on this forum easily and it's becoming so hard to do so when many features aren't available to everyone.
I think to fix the problem, the forum admin needs to go into the Control Panel> Usergroups and do the following:

1. Go to the Registered Users group and click "Go" on the far right
http://i47.tinypic.com/jhyp36.jpg

2. Scroll down to General Permissions and change to "YES" to Edit Own Profile
http://i47.tinypic.com/x1fwwx.jpg

3. Scroll down to Picture Uploading Permissions and change to "YES" to Can Upload Custom Avatars and Can Upload Images for Signature
http://i47.tinypic.com/259g0mx.jpg

4. Scroll down once to Signature Permissions and change to "YES" to Can Use Signatures
http://i49.tinypic.com/2v2b3ba.jpg

That should cover everything. And if TeamLava is afraid of users uploading things they shouldn't, that's why there's a whole Moderation Section in the Control Panel as well. Again, I made a vBulletin demo to try out the site.

If it's really a glitch from TeamLava's end, there is also a Maintenance Tab in the Control Panel. Should fix anything that's wrong with the forums. Isn't that the reason TL pays for vBulletin?
http://i48.tinypic.com/2s1rfih.jpg

sparks229
07-11-12, 03:36 PM
I'm in awe :eek: it looks so simple that even I could do it

bigbux3
07-11-12, 04:10 PM
I'm in awe :eek: it looks so simple that even I could do it

That's why I don't believe it's a glitch. I believe they don't us to have these features.

pinkster73
07-11-12, 04:25 PM
Or maybe GM already did this and it didn't work.

bigbux3
07-11-12, 04:27 PM
Or maybe GM already did this and it didn't work.

There is a Maintenance Tab though. They can contact vBulletin as well to diagnose these problems as well. There is a reason why they pay to use the site.

bigbux3
07-14-12, 05:08 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/11hsdhh.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/52nlfc.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/20r1agz.jpg
Is this anymore proof? This "glitch" isn't even known by vBulletin or it's customers.

sweetstuff525
07-14-12, 05:27 PM
I don't understand why some people do have this feature and most of us dont,,,, and not only moderators ....if they going to have this feature make it a available to everyone or no one except mods and staff

bigbux3
07-14-12, 05:28 PM
I don't understand why some people do have this feature and most of us dont,,,, and not only moderators ....if they going to have this feature make it a available to everyone or no one except mods and staff

There was a "glitch" a month or so before I joined the site (July 25th)

shakiba
07-14-12, 05:28 PM

Well, only the people who signed up to this forum at a specific time (month) could've got this feature.

bigbux3
07-14-12, 05:37 PM
Well, only the people who signed up to this forum at a specific time (month) could've got this feature.

I really doubt their story because I've read many threads from the beginning of the forums about users posting inappropriate content in the forums under unregistered and Norman gave an announcement that all users would have to sign in to use those features.
I've also realized that most of the users with these capabilities have either never been on the forums or haven't logged on in over a year. They have Senior Member features even though they don't use the forums while those who use the forums don't have those features.

bigbux3
07-31-12, 02:46 PM
I joined FireMocha's forum to compare the differences from this forum to theirs. Might I say, everything that's blocked for all of the users here is over on FireMocha's site. I'm going to go customize my profile now! :)

mattyboo1
07-31-12, 03:22 PM
I joined FireMocha's forum to compare the differences from this forum to theirs. Might I say, everything that's blocked for all of the users here is over on FireMocha's site. I'm going to go customize my profile now! :)

I know another forum that is also having great features

bigbux3
07-31-12, 03:25 PM
I know another forum that is also having great features

Since TeamLava pays to use the site, then why don't they take advantage of all the features?

mattyboo1
07-31-12, 03:28 PM
Since TeamLava pays to use the site, then why don't they take advantage of all the features?

I tottally agree with you

camel_power
07-31-12, 06:34 PM
I personally posted regarding this issue in the vBulletin forums. A moderator responded telling me that this is not a bug, the Admin has control of such features.

bigbux3
07-31-12, 06:35 PM
I personally posted regarding this issue in the vBulletin forums. A moderator responded telling me that this is not a bug, the Admin has control of such features.

It was you who contacted vBulletin?
I know this as well. I created a demo of the forum to see how it actually works. And I was very surprised at what this forum can do.

smiley326
08-01-12, 06:49 AM
I'd love to have a signature ^^

bigbux3
08-01-12, 12:05 PM
I'd love to have a signature ^^

Everyone would. I would also love to edit my post if I make a mistake instead of quoting myself saying: Edit: correction.

Titania_Erza
08-01-12, 04:11 PM
I vote for YES

Titania_Erza
08-01-12, 04:12 PM
I wonder if i could hv that.. I think everyone should hv that.. But it's up to TL to decide..

bigbux3
08-01-12, 04:19 PM
I wonder if i could hv that.. I think everyone should hv that.. But it's up to TL to decide..

TeamLava are the only ones who can make that decision.

sparks229
08-03-12, 05:34 PM
this forum is run by vB right? don't vB forums usually have the "(C) vBulletin" at the bottom?

mattyboo1
08-03-12, 06:07 PM
Today I got a message forum database error the staff of teamlava forums .com have been notified o the problem but nothing changed on the forum and it was a vbulliten message

bigbux3
08-03-12, 06:11 PM
Today I got a message forum database error the staff of teamlava forums .com have been notified o the problem but nothing changed on the forum and it was a vbulliten message

Staff? I have gotten a few database errors as well.

mattyboo1
08-03-12, 06:22 PM
I wonder what that is if they might be having problems with the forum lately

sparks229
08-03-12, 06:24 PM

i've had connection errors to the forums if that's the same thing. all other pages worked fine

mattyboo1
08-03-12, 06:25 PM
i've had connection errors to the forums if that's the same thing. all other pages worked fine
No we actually got a message that said database error

sparks229
08-03-12, 06:30 PM
No we actually got a message that said database error

oh... then never mind

bigbux3
08-03-12, 06:39 PM
I've gotten a database error once or twice a day for about 4 days.

Titania_Erza
08-04-12, 01:56 AM
Hmm.. On another vBulletin forum, i can get a signature since i was joined them.. Why i don't get that here? I saw a player that is a Rhino Keeper (like me) get signature, clickable name etc. The reason is WHY?

queentina3
08-04-12, 05:21 AM
Hmm.. On another vBulletin forum, i can get a signature since i was joined them.. Why i don't get that here? I saw a player that is a Rhino Keeper (like me) get signature, clickable name etc. The reason is WHY?

Did you read the thread? Only people that joined the forum prior to April 2011 have these options.

Titania_Erza
08-04-12, 06:03 AM
@queentina; thanx for ur info.. Sorry for my careless question..

heartme
08-17-12, 10:15 AM
I voted yes it would be awesome if we could!

bigbux3
08-17-12, 03:29 PM
I voted yes it would be awesome if we could!

I just don't think it's ever going to happen. If there's a real glitch, TeamLava should contact vBulletin or run a diagnosis on the forum to fix the problem.

pinksugar800
08-17-12, 04:50 PM
I just don't think it's ever going to happen. If there's a real glitch, TeamLava should contact vBulletin or run a diagnosis on the forum to fix the problem.

I sometimes think they just naturally disabled them:( but I'm sure they would never do that!!

mattyboo1
08-17-12, 04:53 PM
I voted yes it would be awesome if we could! it would be awesome but don't count on it

bigbux3
08-17-12, 05:04 PM
I sometimes think they just naturally disabled them:( but I'm sure they would never do that!!

Was the end of your sentence sarcasm? I think they've disabled them. Because I've seen a few new features added to the moderator's account and vBulletin, the creators, have never encountered or heard of this bug before. Plus, there's a diagnostics tab in the Control Panel. There is a reason why TeamLava pays to use vBull.

bigbux3
08-17-12, 05:05 PM
I want to be able to navigate on this forum easily and it's becoming so hard to do so when many features aren't available to everyone.
I think to fix the problem, the forum admin needs to go into the Control Panel> Usergroups and do the following:

3. Scroll down to Picture Uploading Permissions and change to "YES" to Can Upload Custom Avatars and Can Upload Images for Signature

4. Scroll down once to Signature Permissions and change to "YES" to Can Use Signatures

That should cover everything. And if TeamLava is afraid of users uploading things they shouldn't, that's why there's a whole Moderation Section in the Control Panel as well. Again, I made a vBulletin demo to try out the site.

If it's really a glitch from TeamLava's end, there is also a Maintenance Tab in the Control Panel. Should fix anything that's wrong with the forums. Isn't that the reason TL pays for vBulletin?

Again, from a previous post.

mattyboo1
08-17-12, 05:24 PM

Again, from a previous post. that seems very helpful I hope teamlava will look at it

bigbux3
08-17-12, 06:54 PM
that seems very helpful I hope teamlava will look at it

I've posted this a long time ago. That tells you that they won't look at it because the features would've been activated a long time ago. I went throughout my ways to create a vBulletin demo to see what the site can do, and I was very surprised. I couldn't personally run a diagnosis on my test site I created because it was a demo. But I encourage TL to look at it if it's really a glitch.

mattyboo1
08-20-12, 08:58 PM
I've posted this a long time ago. That tells you that they won't look at it because the features would've been activated a long time ago. I went throughout my ways to create a vBulletin demo to see what the site can do, and I was very surprised. I couldn't personally run a diagnosis on my test site I created because it was a demo. But I encourage TL to look at it if it's really a glitch.
Well everybody hopes it gets fixed

GreenGiants01
08-20-12, 09:00 PM
I feel like I'm missing out:(

mattyboo1
08-20-12, 09:01 PM
Same with me

bigbux3
08-20-12, 09:59 PM

We all are. Except the users who joined before the glitch and don't ever log into their accounts anymore.

Rachael98
08-21-12, 01:22 AM

Ooh, theory time!
What if, since sign-up was put in games, the users ended up as awaiting e-mail confirmation, or similar?
Then it wouldn't work fully.
Depending on how the defaults are set within vB, they could either bump up privileges, or use a promote tool after say, 5 posts to the Normal Member permissions.
If such a promotion feature exists on this software, they could also let users have small avatars after 10,000 posts, etc.

bigbux3
08-21-12, 07:32 AM
Ooh, theory time!
What if, since sign-up was put in games, the users ended up as awaiting e-mail confirmation, or similar?
Depending on how the defaults are set within vB, they could either bump up privileges, or use a promote tool after say, 5 posts to the Normal Member permissions.
If such a promotion feature exists on this software, they could also let users have small avatars after 10,000 posts, etc.

Oooh! Rachael, I love you! That could be it. I never thought of that. All other vBulletin forums give you the option to sign up. Since we're already in the system due to our Storm8 ID, maybe the forum didn't recognize that we're actually members?
I would suggest this to TL, but I don't know if they'll do it.

mattyboo1
08-21-12, 09:54 AM
Ooh, theory time!
I never thought of that it could be it but also someone who joined before the glitch might need to tell us if they had to have an email confirmation

mattyboo1
08-21-12, 03:50 PM

Everybody does

bigbux3
08-21-12, 03:54 PM
Everybody does

I thought when you create a Storm8 ID, it automatically makes a forum account but isn't activated until you log in.

mattyboo1
08-21-12, 03:55 PM
I thought when you create a Storm8 ID, it automatically makes a forum account but isn't activated until you log in.

Because people aren't in the member list until they log in the first time

bigbux3
08-21-12, 03:56 PM
Because people aren't in the member list until they log in the first time

But why should that cause us not to have all of the features?

mattyboo1
08-23-12, 03:44 PM
But why should that cause us not to have all of the features?
I'm not sure but I'm saying no

bigbux3
08-23-12, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure but I'm saying no

No to what? That we will have those features?

mattyboo1
08-23-12, 03:48 PM
No to what? That we will have those features?
I'm saying that that the member list thing should not cause us to have loss of the features

bigbux3
08-23-12, 03:53 PM
I'm saying that that the member list thing should not cause us to have loss of the features

Yes it does. I've seen this forum and other forums. Under the Admin Control Panel, there's a section where you can see and play with the groups, the members, and the features of each group and member.

mattyboo1
08-23-12, 03:56 PM
Yes it does. I've seen this forum and other forums. Under the Admin Control Panel, there's a section where you can see and play with the groups, the members, and the features of each group and member.

The admin can do that too?

bigbux3
08-23-12, 03:59 PM
The admin can do that too?

Yes. And if given the ability, the moderators too.

mattyboo1
08-23-12, 04:06 PM
Yes. And if given the ability, the moderators too.

Wow...