PDA

View Full Version : New recipes for existing appliances!

PinkStarbelly
04-14-12, 05:00 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first thread :)

I know there's a lot of players who wants new recipes for existing appliances. I've read about suggestions on great recipes a little bit here and there, then I've also read many comments where players says they want new recipes on existing appliances but didn't bothered with any suggestions. I thought if we all share all those recipes we've been dying to see in BS or have cool suggestions for a specific appliance, TL might consider them. OK, let's do it folks! :D

My first suggestion is for the Sugar Coater. It's a recipe I took for granted would be in it when I first bought it but wasn't and it's: Burned Almonds! Something I grew up with and is a must if we have an appliance like Sugar Coater!

My second suggestion goes to the Dehydrator. I used to eat a lot of dried and candied fruits so my suggestions are endless! Candied Strawberries (a favorite), Candied Kiwi (that we can even see on the appliance itself), Candied Pineapple Rings, Banana Chips, Apple Chips, Dried Blueberries/Cherries/Cranberries (or simply Dried Assorted Berries?), Wasabi Peas.

My third suggestion is for the Ice Cream Maker. I was looking at the appliance yesterday and the green stuff with brown bits on top of it made me think of Chocolate Chip Mint or After Eight. Cookies and Cream or Rocky Road wouldn't hurt either!

What's your suggestions?

hsquared
04-14-12, 06:35 PM
id be happy with ANY new recipes on the existing appliances!!! the amount of constructible (& not instant....UGH!) appliances is ridiculous!

hsquared
04-14-12, 06:36 PM
also - caramel flan on the regular oven & a hazelnut mocha on the drink maker would be amazing! there are SO many coffee drinks they could be making!!

ButterPanda
04-14-12, 07:19 PM
thanks for the suggestions. i can pass these on to the dev team.

sparks229
04-14-12, 08:08 PM
I'm in love with ice cream (if anyone has seen some of my previous posts they would know) so for me I'd love to see new ice cream recipes. A caramel swirl kind of thing has always been one of my favorites so I'd love to see that on my ice cream maker :)

PinkStarbelly
04-14-12, 08:14 PM
Mentioning varieties of coffee makes me think of exotic ways to make coffee. In my home country (Vietnam) they serve it by putting this filter device directly on top of the coffee cup and fill it with boiling water and wait until it's ready. Then I remembered when I was in Turkey for vacation, they serve their unbelievably strong coffee in teeny tiny coffee cups that in turn made me think of the Turkish Apple Tea I drank instead of that. So good!! Served in a hourglass shaped glass, available in both hot and cold although the hot version is more common. If me ever have cultural theme, I'd love to have the Turkish Apple Tea for the Drink Mixer.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2151078_f496.jpg

farrels
04-19-12, 06:53 PM
I would like mint chocolate chip,neopolitan,cookies and cream,cookie dough,snow cone,bubblegum shaved ice,rootbeer float and brownie sundae for the ice cream maker!THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trinityblaze
04-19-12, 07:10 PM
also - caramel flan on the regular oven & a hazelnut mocha on the drink maker would be amazing! there are SO many coffee drinks they could be making!!

I love your idea of flan!!! One of my absolute favorites!!! :D

pastrychef17
04-19-12, 07:30 PM
There have been various suggestions made over time but not sure how much they've been incorporated or if they ever will. But we keep trying :).

Deep Fryer: Beignets, Crullers, Funnel Cake
Ice Cream Machine: Butter pecan, mocha almond fudge, rocky road, mint chocolate chip, ice cream sandwiches, fudgsicles, drumsticks
Dehydrator: Banana Chips, Dried Mangoes
Sugar Coater: Snickerdoodles

sparks229
04-19-12, 09:08 PM
I would like mint chocolate chip,neopolitan,cookies and cream,cookie dough,snow cone,bubblegum shaved ice,rootbeer float and brownie sundae for the ice cream maker!THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a farrels close to where I live and there are sooooooooooo many possible recipes for the ice cream maker

awong3
04-20-12, 06:00 AM
Oh yeah!!! This is what we are talking about!

HeraZ
04-20-12, 01:04 PM
Think I've might have mentioned this on another thread before, but I think a "fridge" appliance would be really cool. Hear me out: jellos, icebox cakes, fruit salads, parfaits, freeze pops... I think there's a whole category of desserts here that we haven't really seen from other appliances.

smuckersmom
04-21-12, 01:19 PM
Not that I don't like the new appliances but I always wondered why they don't just have upgrades for the old appliances. They could even still charge coins and require parts but you would just upgrade an appliance that's probably just sitting in storage anyways. They could just give the appliance a makeover and add a few new recipes. It would probably be easier to come up with new recipes for an existing appliance anyways, rather than invent a whole new appliance AND recipes!