PDA

View Full Version : Slots 777.......REALLY TL...you need to rethink this!!

flaquitachula
04-13-12, 11:52 AM
The "Stories" pop up were annoying but slot maching game is irresponsible! Epecially with so many minors playing.

Please TL....your re****tion is on the line....remove all the ads.

Neighbors and other players....am I alone on this??

kooky panda
04-13-12, 12:05 PM
There is another thread on this. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27170-Slots-are-illegal-for-kids-to-play-why-are-you-advertising-for-it-!!!

doraleemartin
04-13-12, 01:12 PM
I'm with you on this. I have actually deleted product because of unexpected pop-ups and my trigger finger. But 5 pop-ups! and then the game plays its version of Groundhog Day and freezes up and starts back before where you left off. Remember, gritting your teeth is not good for you. Dr. Oz says shout "#*%#*%#!"

GroupMagma
04-13-12, 01:23 PM
As I mentioned in the other thread, please note that minors under the age of 14 should not be playing our games regardless, and those from 14-18 must do so with parental consent.

piggiful
04-13-12, 01:26 PM
All the popups and the facebook buttons are very annoying. I don't suppose they would ever not do it, so there isn't any point complaining. I just have to keep on ****ing or force closing the browsers and/or the game if I accidentally hit it. It always freezes me for quite awhile, sometimes it freezes forever and the only way to get out is ****ing all those apps. You think I'd actually give in and install those games? No, I just put a filter on all the TL urls so it will never go there. This is my phone and no one will force me to install an app I didn't choose even if you pester me to death.

swati
04-14-12, 01:43 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread, please note that minors under the age of 14 should not be playing our games regardless, and those from 14-18 must do so with parental consent.

Sorry if this is the case, then why does the game have a rating of 4+ in the app store? According to this rating it should be fine for any age. If it is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18 as you say, then it should have a rating of 17+.

swati
04-14-12, 01:44 AM
Here is the link in the app store, which shows that it is rated at 4+
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fashion-story/id420590864?mt=8

bobbie629
04-14-12, 11:22 AM
I hate the pop up. Especially since it takes a bit for the no thanks to come up. If I was interested I would have downloaded it right away.. Why do I have to no thanks it WVERY TIME I open the game! Bad bad! Makes me want to delete the games, but TL doesn't care. Other people will still play, soloing a few players doesn't hurt them.

flaquitachula
04-14-12, 12:31 PM
Do what I do....install the 777 app. Then manually close both fashion story and slot 777. Then delete the slot app. Pop-ups gone!! But don't play on the game...remember gambling is addictive!!! LOL!! I did however play a few times just in case it needed to register that it was played. Not much fun by the way. Pretty mindless. For me at least. :-)

oreo1981
04-14-12, 01:31 PM
I installed every single one of those ads..I think you even get gems for installing them but dont remember..

Either way, left them installed for 2 or 3 days..gave them a shot, then deleted.

Never got popups to try different products anymore.

laVirtualCloset
04-15-12, 02:21 PM
Sorry if this is the case, then why does the game have a rating of 4+ in the app store? According to this rating it should be fine for any age. If it is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18 as you say, then it should have a rating of 17+.

That's a great question. Since TL has not yet responded to u, i sent an inquiry to Apple to see if they have any insights.

bobbie629
04-15-12, 03:42 PM
Yea, seeing this popup every single day multiple times is annoying! I don't want to install it because that raises the number of downloads they have in the app store, making it look like an amazing game. I think it's completely irresponsible of TL to do THIS much advertising on the other games, which have nothing to do with slots or gambling.

Poor taste TL!

jacqleen
04-15-12, 06:01 PM
i agree. The promo is a bit over****. Very much these past few days...

first its like "play slots" (notice how it takes the "no thanks options to kick in 3 seconds later?)
then "welcome", then "gem sale" then "our aqua couch", then "new items",
then girls walking with thought boxes of sevens, and the billboard.

If the add for the slots said "download and get free gems for Fashion Story", i'd oblige happily.

More goals should offer gems. Spending all my saved money on a goal lets say ,
ok I'm near the end of "boutique party" finally, and you have to buy:

3 giraffe seats= 20,000 each = 60,000
3 zebras= same as above almost, 15,000 each so 45,000
3 purple flower tables= 20,000, so 60

Thats 165,000. To get a martini decoration? That is tacky no offense.

Then other goals, you spend tons to be rewarded with 2,000 or so coins, and ok some points to level up.
But what happens when you level up?
NOTHING. No 1 gem, 5,000 coins, NADA.

Plus the goals take up almost your entire catalog bin.

I hope in the future you guys offer more to the people that keep you a business.

Give more gems with the goals.

It won't hurt, with all the stuff that cost an arm and leg between wardrobe and decor in gems-
i highly doubt it will affect your mass income over at TL.

At time one does wonder, what the heck you guys are doing....
as long as your pulling it off I think a voice to object doesn't count much.
But in the long run, it should. Spend money to make money.
Give us some gosh dang ways to get gems more easily.

much love, (despite my rant )
aurora blair

laVirtualCloset
04-16-12, 09:46 PM
I understand exactly where ur coming from. While I question the appropriateness of the game in TL's product offerings, I would probably have less of an issue if i wasn't bombarded with the notices. I'm not interested in Internet card games, other gambling type games, nor those of violence. I specifically gravitated to the Story games because it had a different focus. I find this current offering intrusive. My niece and nephew are no longer allowed to play TL's games so there's a small dip in their revenue stream because they were both allowed to make monthly gem purchases.

floramina
04-16-12, 09:51 PM
Ive also made the choice to suspend playing TL games until the slots ads are removed. I am an avid player (Bakery, Restaurant, Farm, Pet Shop, Zoo 2, Fashion and recently, Pet Hotel). I have politely declined over 100 times 'NO THANKS' to the pop ups. Well enough with politeness, here's turning my backside to Stories to avoid those ads.

tracyturnblad
04-16-12, 10:49 PM
I agree with the majority of the responses. I do not mind if TL feels there is a market for SLOTS, although I find this game does not really fit in with the others. I think the biggest issues is having a 12+rated game advertised (aggressively) on a 4+ rated game. This is like going to movies to see a G rated film with R rated film previews.
If you download the game being advertised will the pop ups stop?

moda999
04-17-12, 01:07 AM
Yes and then I suggest you rate the app as you deem appropriate which many including myself have done, describing the aggressive nature they felt was used to "force" them or continue to be harrassed. Gambling whether it be simulated or otherwise is illegal for under 21's in most US states and as such should not be advertised to anyone below this age.

Slots is developed by Shark Party not TL but their Terms are identical and Steve Wiu I believe acts for both companies so there is the link for anyone interested. Under these Terms anyone under 14 should not play and 14 to 17 require parental consent. On this basis they are still at best behaving without due care to minors and at worst are breaking the law. Certainly in the UK it is illegal to glamorize gambling to minors.

Thoughts TL? You seem to have gone quiet.

Huntress38
04-17-12, 08:08 AM
I play FarmVille on Facebook a game created by a company called Zynga and my daughter plays as well but she also plays a game called Mafia Wars, now not that long ago they(Zynga) got in trouble over a slots game they introduced in Mafia Wars. just like TeamLava this company bombards you with adverts for thei other games and has billboards advertising them in their other games so this is making me wonder if the two companies are actually one and the same!

I just followed instructions from another thread, to get rid of the billboard and annoying little people walking around, install the app(Slots) then play one or two spins, just so it registers that it has been played. Delete the app turn off your iPad, phone or whatever you play on and when you turn on again no billboards, annoying people walking around all gone. If you want to let them know what you think the best way to get point across is review the UNwanted app as 1 star say it's rubbish game and it may get through to them when they get lots of 1 star ratings that we do not want in app promoting for apps we don't want.

bobbyrae
04-17-12, 08:17 AM
Here is the link in the app store, which shows that it is rated at 4+
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fashion-story/id420590864?mt=8

Hmmm...erm...:rolleyes:

ultrafrog
04-17-12, 10:31 AM
TL isn't Zynga.

But you do need to realize that these "games" are extremely simplistic at their core. They are meant to juice money out of the players and copied by many different companies. The focus is not on good player experience, but squeezing out as much money as they can.

AnnasCoffee
04-17-12, 12:39 PM
TL isn't Zynga.

But you do need to realize that these "games" are extremely simplistic at their core. They are meant to juice money out of the players and copied by many different companies. The focus is not on good player experience, but squeezing out as much money as they can.

How true! They don't care if the players are happy, as long as they buy gems. I'm so happy I DON'T buy gems !!... Hehehe.. Hahaha... Hehehehe !!! I love my FREE games! I won't support a company that doesn't support it's players. I surprised anyone buys gems!

xokay
04-17-12, 01:18 PM
I haven't been on here in ages, but I came by to see the reaction to the pop-ups. I also find it inappropriate given that the games are 14+.

lollyloo123
04-17-12, 02:01 PM
Regardless of an age requirement, younger people still play this - I know even a few parents who have an account and let their kids on it from time to time. Do TL REALLY think its smart to encourage gambling? Just when you think TL have just about taken the mick, they come along with something like this.

DaojinWildfire
04-17-12, 04:13 PM
The ratings vary by the regions from which you access the App Store. Australia might show a 4+ rating, but North America displays 12+. The ratings are determined by the different regions, which is why we go by the age restrictions listed in our Terms of Service (http://www.teamlava.com/terms).

lizardlickfan
04-17-12, 04:47 PM
The ratings vary by the regions from which you access the App Store. Australia might show a 4+ rating, but North America displays 12+. The ratings are determined by the different regions, which is why we go by the age restrictions listed in our Terms of Service (http://www.teamlava.com/terms).
That is false. I am in USA and it is rated 4+ for all games

LCAHEARTS
04-17-12, 05:13 PM

Agreed!! Just checked and it's 4+ in the USA. Do your research TL. Do you need a screenshot to further nail the issue?

RealFarmer1222
04-17-12, 05:18 PM
TL isn't Zynga.

Indeed, Zynga is now a publicly traded company. Perhaps that is what TL is ***ning for.

pinkster73
04-17-12, 05:37 PM
Indeed, Zynga is now a publicly traded company. Perhaps that is what TL is ***ning for.

I do believe someone mentioned this theory before...... hop hop

DaojinWildfire
04-17-12, 06:06 PM
I'm in the states as well and it's showing 12+ for me. As I previously mentioned, the App Store rating may vary by the different regions/countries. There are age restrictions for our games, which can be found within the Terms of Service.

http://i.imgur.com/mz86m.png

lizardlickfan
04-17-12, 06:13 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u409/sweets3644/fb23d5c9.jpg
This is the rating for TL games. Why are 12+ games being advertised in 4+ games??

pegasus2010
04-17-12, 06:29 PM
The final outcome is TL
Has chosen ads to fit their needs not
Their loyal gamers. Next up will be a cash cost to buy out of anno

lizardlickfan
04-17-12, 06:29 PM
I just need to get this off my chest!! I really don't appreciate TL advertising these games as 4+ and then hearing employees say these games are for players 14+ My kids found these games and I started playing first as I do with all games they want to play and found them to be fun and safe for them. Seeing that 4+ rating in ITunes store helped in making my decision and now to find out that it is false advertising. I am FRUSTRATED to say the least.

pegasus2010
04-17-12, 06:35 PM
Why argue the contract? TL has sold out and the slots are just the beginning. Have you tried wwf/zyngaf support? awesome. Our fun as farmers will no longer be ad free. TL is not interested in its current customers satisfaction. Period.

nashtwss
04-17-12, 06:44 PM
Just another thing that irritates me on FS. My playing days are numbered. I'm tired of these shenanigans!!

laVirtualCloset
04-17-12, 09:27 PM
I'm in the states as well and it's showing 12+ for me. As I previously mentioned, the App Store rating may vary by the different regions/countries. There are age restrictions for our games, which can be found within the Terms of Service.

http://i.imgur.com/mz86m.png

You must realize the problem. I agree with you that when you go in the app store and view "Shark Party Slots" it shows a 12+ rating. That's not the problem. The problem is that you are advertising this product in 4+ rated games . . . in other words you're advertising to children with no filters and no control. This is extremely problematic. Surely your company realizes that current users of your 4+ rated game should not be receiving adds on a 12+ rated game. Given the constant assult of these pop-ups, banners, and bill boards, your company has to know this is unacceptable.

hornhonker
04-18-12, 01:29 AM
My wife, three of our children and I are all avid players of Restaurant Story. My wife also plays Bakery Story many times a day. It's a highly addictive game, but because it fosters and encourages positive behaviours such as gifting and co-operation between players, we are happy for our kids to play it. I did view the age rating for the app before downloading it, and as it states 4+, I was happy for our 9 and 7 year olds to play it - with in-app purchases turned off of course.

We are now reviewing our decision, based on the recent blanket advertising for TeamLava's gambling apps which started appearing last week. Seriously guys, this needs to stop ASAP, or you will lose a lot of loyal players and good will, to the point that we won't ever purchase gems or download any TL game again. We are considering closing all our restaurants and deleting the apps as a result of this, and that would be a great shame for all.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TeamLava, listen to your customers and review this position ASAP. I don't think players mind a few ads that are within context, and our family would happily pay 99c for ad-free versions of the games, however your repeated popups spamming us with enticements to download slot machine gambling games is a major retrograde step. You guys can (and need to) do much better...

HornHonker

lollyloo123
04-19-12, 08:25 AM
To be honest - the 777 Slots game supports exactly what gambling entices - spending money on a machine to try to win more. Yes - you get coins to start with - but eventually you will be tempted to buy one of the packages. In the UK - this is illegal for anyone under the age of 18. Like drinking, like smoking - gambling is only permitted after 18. So why on earth TL are putting a 12+ rating on it is completly disgusting.

Purplum
04-19-12, 10:58 AM
I hate the pop up. Especially since it takes a bit for the no thanks to come up.

You don't have to wait for the 'no thanks' to pop up, I found that if you just tap the spot where it pops up, it'll exit out immediately. Since we have to tap on 'no thanks' 6 million times a day.....

AnnasCoffee
04-20-12, 01:48 PM
My "Slots" ads have just been replaced with Pet Story ads (just in the last 30 minutes or so). Is anyone else noticed this change or are you still getting "Slots" ads? Maybe they listened.

sweetsucess
04-20-12, 01:52 PM
My "Slots" ads have just been replaced with Pet Story ads (just in the last 30 minutes or so). Is anyone else noticed this change or are you still getting "Slots" ads? Maybe they listened.

I doubt they listened, when the ads are gone it will be because the contract expired.

AnnasCoffee
04-20-12, 02:05 PM
I doubt they listened, when the ads are gone it will be because the contract expired.

Of course you right:). Hopefully there will not be another contract. I would be glad if no more kids ever saw those ads.

hornhonker
04-20-12, 06:33 PM
Yep, they have now finally gone (thank goodness) on our four iDevices here. You need to ensure you reload the app, otherwise the Slots adware will persist.

Just double-tap your home button, hold your finger on the Restaurant icon until it wobbles, then press the red X in the corner. Press the home button to exit again. Launch the app as per normal. Bingo, your Slots {} is gone! Another massive bonus is that those really annoying ads that popped up in the middle of play have gone too. The games become playable once more.

Not sure if this is TL finally listening to their customers, or the week-long deal with Shark Party expiring, but if it's the former, thankyou TL.

Regardless of the reason, please TL don't ever do this again - you have seen the amount of player revolt this has caused and this will happen again with the same level of passion should there be a reoccurance.

HornHonker.

sim2532
04-20-12, 07:11 PM
Nope, ur not alone. I am just sick of "free" games that you have to spend a fortune on. I would rather just purchase the game and be done with it. I uninstalled Fashion Story today. I refuse to waste money on so called gems etc... It's a great game and I enjoyed it but I can purchase REAL stuff for the price of all those gems you need to buy. Itwould take forever just waiting to earn gems... Now it's slots...guess everyone has to purchase coins and gems for those too? Targeting children now with gambling? Wow