PDA

View Full Version : Is needing a dual core processor an official TL position?

NewfyFarm
04-13-12, 11:02 AM
In the thread "black screen" below, a FS game player was told that the processing of the iPad 1 was too old & needed a 2 not to crash. That would also mean all iPhones bought befor Oct last year are too old to play the game.
Is TL saying they download so much to play this game you need a dual core processor to handle it? ? ?

I play heavily animated games, like Dragonvale, that never crash.
Not just animated stars that everyone dislikes, one animated dog & a pond.

Sounds like there is no solution for your crashing problems except to shell out for an iPad 3. Many reasons to get the 3, playing FS is not one of mine......

pinkster73
04-13-12, 11:24 AM
Uuuuh, are you talking about 'puters?

ultrafrog
04-13-12, 11:41 AM
The gist of the post is that saying the hardware is outdated is a terrible excuse because these games are not anywhere close to taxing the processing power of the device.

Then again, they have been adding a lot more ads in triple attack form - pop ups, thought bubbles and billboards :|

pinkster73
04-13-12, 11:44 AM
The gist of the post is that saying the hardware is outdated is a terrible excuse because these games are not anywhere close to taxing the processing power of the device.

Then again, they have been adding a lot more ads in triple attack form - pop ups, thought bubbles and billboards :|

Ah thank you I get it. And I agree, its an excuse.

GroupMagma
04-13-12, 11:57 AM
This is not the official TeamLava position. However, games are bound to run better on newer devices - this is true of many apps, and as Pinkster alluded to, for computer software as well.

pinkster73
04-13-12, 12:10 PM
I alluded to something about computer software? Score!

MiniLaura
04-14-12, 05:09 AM
I was the one who said that said that first generation iPads couldn't handle FS. However, I'm not sure if it is the lack of a dual core or something else. Before upgrading to iOS 5.0, I had a bit of crashing problems with FS and other apps. (In fact, FS almost always crashed when I visited Pinkster's farm.) Immediately after upgrading to iOS 5.0 (and all subsequent upgrades), FS repeatedly crashed, and I started having more crashing problems with other apps as well.

While having a first generation iPad was probably part of the problem, I think iOS 5.x was the main source of the problem. So, not really a TL issue--an Apple issue.

Chocolit
04-16-12, 01:27 AM
I also suspect IOS 5.x is the primary source of the problem and this is not a TL issue. Noted the blank screen crashing problem not only on FS but also the other games (not related to TL) after upgrading to IOS5.x. Wish I didn't update to IOS 5.x

pinkster73
04-16-12, 08:21 AM
I was the one who said that said that first generation iPads couldn't handle FS. However, I'm not sure if it is the lack of a dual core or something else. Before upgrading to iOS 5.0, I had a bit of crashing problems with FS and other apps. (In fact, FS almost always crashed when I visited Pinkster's farm.) Immediately after upgrading to iOS 5.0 (and all subsequent upgrades), FS repeatedly crashed, and I started having more crashing problems with other apps as well.

While having a first generation iPad was probably part of the problem, I think iOS 5.x was the main source of the problem. So, not really a TL issue--an Apple issue.

Soooo, you're saying my farm doesn't smell? It's a 'puter issue?

pattisue1
04-16-12, 05:53 PM
So Pinkster' s Farm makes Farm Story crash on older devices?

pinkster73
04-16-12, 06:18 PM
So Pinkster' s Farm makes Farm Story crash on older devices?

Oh noooo!!! I don't understand!

RealFarmer1222
04-16-12, 07:09 PM
Soooo, you're saying my farm doesn't smell? It's a 'puter issue?

You have a skunk on your farm!!!! Of course, it smells!!!!!

pinkster73
04-16-12, 07:17 PM
You have a skunk on your farm!!!! Of course, it smells!!!!!

My skunk smells like lilacs.

RoseMeyer
04-16-12, 08:26 PM
I wanna skunk that smells like lilacs toooooooooooooooo! For coins!

MiniLaura
04-17-12, 04:38 AM
Putting the Texas hat on for a minute: Y'all are nuts.

kooky panda
04-17-12, 04:50 AM
^^^^^^^^ Ditto^^^^^^^^^^^

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc2Tcguz_aAaHCETT1_3x6XA7nfMSyp AOgUqzKbIlVTDjjrW_uLA