PDA

View Full Version : Gem purchases "cancelled" by TL but still showing pending on my credit card

wolfgrrl1
04-13-12, 05:40 AM
Twice yesterday I tried to purchase the $39.99 package ofgems, for which I received an offer. Both times, the purchase was ?cancelled?by TeamLava, not my credit card issuer. I ended up trying to purchase the$15.99 package, and that went through. Istill have $39.99 as pending on my credit card statement TWICE, yet I have donot have those gems! After these tow failed attempts, I tried to purchase a$15.99 package, and that order went through successfully.

Today I tried to purchase the $39.99 gem package again, andAGAIN the purchase was ?cancelled? by TeamLava. And yet again I have a $39.99 charge pendingon my credit card with no gems to show for it!
Why are these orders being ?cancelled? by TeamLava, and ifTeamLava is cancelling them, why are they allowing the charges to post as ?pending?to my bank account?

So right now, I have $119.97 of credit card charge ?pending?and no gems to show for it. Not only do I not have the gems, $119.97 of my money is being held ?hostage?.
What the heck? This game gets more disappointing every day,and now you?re tying up my money. Not a good show of customer service at ALL. Iwant an explanation!
And YES, I emailed support.

kattybell
04-13-12, 05:43 AM
Maybe the game went out of sync and has error issues with the processing of the $39.99 gem package. All you can do now is wait for an answer from support. Hope that it gets sorted out..

wolfgrrl1
04-13-12, 05:51 AM
Me too - that's a BIG chunk of money.

kattybell
04-13-12, 05:52 AM
Definitely! I would be upset too!

renai22
04-13-12, 07:26 AM
that really sucks maybe using itunes cards for methods of payment instead of through your credit card.. because thats one thing you dont want to mess up ...

kooky panda
04-13-12, 07:59 AM
Support will be able to look into this issue to see if this is on their end. Also you may want to check with the credit card that you have on file. Sometimes the credit card companies will set purchase limits on your card especially for things like in app purchases.
I had this issue way back and I did not realize that I had a 25.00 limit set up under my credit card for online /internet purchases. I had to call and reset my limit.

wolfgrrl1
04-16-12, 06:49 AM
I've talked to my bank and TL support isn't rectifying this. It happened again yesterday, too. I was NOT able to purchase the 39.99 package, and two seconds later I purchased the 15.99 package. My bank stated it's an issue with TL connecting to the CC servers on the 39.99 purchase. It is a TL issue and they need to address it with Google Play.

As per my bank, there are NO limits set on this type of transaction.

wolfgrrl1
04-16-12, 07:54 AM
I've contacted Storm8, as TL is not rectifying this and have stated it's my issue.

creeturous
04-16-12, 11:32 AM
Technically, while it is TL's fault for screwing up the $39.99 purchases (for whatever reason their system didn't process the transaction) it's pretty much common for all CC companies (and even banks when using a debit card) to place a hold for any transaction in order to successfully process and complete the purchase.

Because the transaction was interrupted for whatever reason, these holds (for each time you tried to buy) still have to sit there for approximately 24-48 hours before they essentially expire and the funds release. It's not easy to reverse these things for TL BTW, but your pending charges should just resolve and your money will be there within a day or two.

sunstorm01
04-16-12, 11:42 AM
Oh sweety. That's awful!! I hope you get it back soon. This actually happened to me last year- with iTunes cards. The money was gone from the cards- and I had no gems- though I'd purchased 580. It took 2 full days before they came up on my account. So hopefully it will be rectified soon.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 12:29 PM
I've contacted Storm8, as TL is not rectifying this and have stated it's my issue.

Call your credit card and dispute the charges. Don't just take it lying down. Your CC will stand behind you. Well most times.
I had a virus protection company charge me for virus renewal when I hadn't delt with them in three years. My cc took the charges off.

wolfgrrl1
04-16-12, 12:44 PM
This is an ongoing issue since last week. TL tells me it's MY issue to deal with Google Checkout, not theirs. I cannot control how Google Checkout processes their payments. And I know that everything is good on my end with both of the my CC. I tried this with two cards, mind you. Not just one.

wolfgrrl1
04-16-12, 12:52 PM
Paying this game is getting to be more aggrivation than it's worth.

Gem traps
Unsupportive support
Loosing coins
Changing the games without asking our opinions
Sub-par BS versions for non-iphone players
Price increases without warning

This is not the way a company maintains longevity in this market.

sweetstuff525
04-16-12, 01:11 PM
I would be mad also....just dispute the charge with your credit card

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-16-12, 03:57 PM
This is an ongoing issue since last week. TL tells me it's MY issue to deal with Google Checkout, not theirs. I cannot control how Google Checkout processes their payments. And I know that everything is good on my end with both of the my CC. I tried this with two cards, mind you. Not just one.

I was meaning call the cc and like sweetstuff said dispute the charge. Tell them what happened and you didn't get anything.
It might help. From what I have heard from ppl on here TL stinks when it comes to customer service. They don't refund gems or money. And if you ended up having to pay the money and didn't get anything I would file a report with the BBB.

$119 is a LOT of money!!!