PDA

View Full Version : Well, it finally happened to me.

BigFam
04-12-12, 08:02 AM
Ever since reading the threads about the coins bug, I have been quite diligent about watching my coins in the morning, to see if they are "sticking", and not disappearing. Well, this morning, it finally happened. 65,000 coins came in, my amount went up to 3,100,000, then when I clicked to clear the message, I watched in horror as the coin amount reset to 3,035,000.

Also, I was dumb enough to remove the Valentines version and install the original BS when TL notified me that Valentines version would not be supported. Guess they scared me right back into the coin trap (although it sounds like some people with the Valentines version are getting hit with this too). Is the Valentines version even still available to download and reinstall? If so, I may do that and see if it helps. Of course the obvious solution would be for TL to fix the problem. Have they even acknowledged that this problem exists and that they are working on it?

kattybell
04-12-12, 08:04 AM
The vday version is no longer available on the app store.

RoseMeyer
04-12-12, 08:05 AM
Have they even acknowledged that this problem exists and that they are working on it?

I'm not entirely sure. They were asking for screenshots and I read something they they are unable to duplicate or see this happening on their end. It makes you feel like they are accusing us of lying, you know, it FEELS like they don't really believe it even tho so many people are complaining about it.

If you stand on your head and hum three blind mice, its supposed to make it better.

m1Lk4
04-12-12, 08:08 AM
LOL! I love your last statement!
Yeah I've lost coins and done times they come back but some times they don't. Not sure how to take screenshot on iPhone. The worst part is they lose materials and gems! :-(

m1Lk4
04-12-12, 08:09 AM
Yeah I've lost coins and some times they come back but some times they don't. Not sure how to take screenshot on iPhone. The worst part is they lose materials and gems! :-(

Typo..

kattybell
04-12-12, 08:09 AM
Yeah I've lost coins and done times they come back but some times they don't. Not sure how to take screenshot on iPhone. The worst part is they lose materials and gems! :-(

You hit the home button and lock button to take a screenshot.

piggiful
04-12-12, 08:11 AM
It's been around forever. You can lose coins and appliances (and the parts that go with it), plates. It happened all day long....just more noticeable in the morning and when you actually lose a constructible appliance. TL seem to be acknowledging it recently. Whether they are really fixing is is beyond me.

piggiful
04-12-12, 08:13 AM
You hit the home button and lock button to take a screenshot.

I don't think that's his point;)
When you have already lost it, you can't go back in time to take a screenshot of the "before". You'd need a time machine or take a screen shot every 10 seconds to see if the next out of sync will jip you out of something.

BigFam
04-12-12, 08:16 AM
Since I play on an IPad, I think I may grab my cell phone and get the video camera rolling before I open up BS in the morning. I could easily document the bug that way, providing there was no screen glare or similar. I would think video of the screen would be enough of a "smoking ***" for TL to realize this is happening.

RoseMeyer
04-12-12, 08:34 AM
I hope it does. If it comes down to them not being able to duplicate the effect, they just wont be able to fix it. My gut feeling is that its a "cloud computing" issue and beyond their control.

rayen23
04-12-12, 08:48 AM
Go to app store and purchased tab will be there tap it then it will show the apps u have installed and the ones u have deleted tap to install valentines from there

piggiful
04-12-12, 08:55 AM
I hope it does. If it comes down to them not being able to duplicate the effect, they just wont be able to fix it. My gut feeling is that its a "cloud computing" issue and beyond their control.

The cause of the sync issue is beyond their control, it isn't going away, and it's not their fault but reconciling correctly is totally within their control and they aren't setting up the right test environment or thinking outside the box.

BigFam
04-12-12, 09:03 AM
Go to app store and purchased tab will be there tap it then it will show the apps u have installed and the ones u have deleted tap to install valentines from there

Thanks for advice. Will try that out.

kooky panda
04-12-12, 10:52 AM
Ever since reading the threads about the coins bug, I have been quite diligent about watching my coins in the morning, to see if they are "sticking", and not disappearing. Well, this morning, it finally happened. 65,000 coins came in, my amount went up to 3,100,000, then when I clicked to clear the message, I watched in horror as the coin amount reset to 3,035,000.

Also, I was dumb enough to remove the Valentines version and install the original BS when TL notified me that Valentines version would not be supported. Guess they scared me right back into the coin trap (although it sounds like some people with the Valentines version are getting hit with this too). Is the Valentines version even still available to download and reinstall? If so, I may do that and see if it helps. Of course the obvious solution would be for TL to fix the problem. Have they even acknowledged that this problem exists and that they are working on it?

Thanks for advice. Will try that out.

the regular version did have a coin loss issue, and the bug fix was put in the Valentine version. Going back to the regular version, you can still experience this original coin loss since the regular version has not gotten the manual update fixing this.

On valentine version I have not had any coin losses here are my screenshots from last night and this morning

I took screenshot before I went to bed
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/7b752525-1.jpg
then when I opened the game this morning, pictures of my pops ups

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/166cddcf.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/e057ae64.jpg

then after I closed out the pops up. my total coins
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/e539df1d-1.jpg

AnnasCoffee
04-12-12, 11:55 AM
Have they even acknowledged that this problem exists and that they are working on it?

In my opinion, NO !! Team Lava has not given us an answer that acknowledges we are having a problem and they are working on it.

Post #69 in this thread below the closest attempt to answer this question that I have seen. But this answer is not good enough.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24499-The-Weird-Facts-Thread/page34

AnnasCoffee
04-12-12, 12:01 PM
In my opinion, NO !! Team Lava has not given us an answer that acknowledges we are having a problem and they are working on it.

Post #69 in this thread below the closest attempt to answer this question that I have seen. But this answer is not good enough.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24499-The-Weird-Facts-Thread/page34

Sorry, I pasted the wrong thread....

Here's the correct one. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25094-My-Money-is-saying-quot-Bye-Bye-quot-before-I-even-get-it-added-to-my-previous-balance!/page7

BigFam
04-12-12, 01:16 PM
the regular version did have a coin loss issue, and the bug fix was put in the Valentine version. Going back to the regular version, you can still experience this original coin loss since the regular version has not gotten the manual update fixing this.

On valentine version I have not had any coin losses here are my screenshots from last night and this morning

What I don't understand about this is that you are stating that they fixed the bug in the Valentines's Version, but in that other thread that AnnasCoffee linked, just over a week ago a TL staff member stated that "the engineers are continually looking into the issue, but have not found anything so far". The TL staff member further said "This only means that the cosmetic bug is the only one we have found so far".

How can they have fixed the bug in the Valentine Version if they haven't found the bug in the regular version that is causing this?

sourlicorice2
04-12-12, 02:43 PM
I've had the same issue however I found visiting a nbr or exiting the game and reentering the coins are put back again and stay. Don't know if that will work for everyone but you could try. Still annoying but at least I get them back again.

kooky panda
04-12-12, 02:54 PM
What I don't understand about this is that you are stating that they fixed the bug in the Valentines's Version, but in that other thread that AnnasCoffee linked, just over a week ago a TL staff member stated that "the engineers are continually looking into the issue, but have not found anything so far". The TL staff member further said "This only means that the cosmetic bug is the only one we have found so far".

How can they have fixed the bug in the Valentine Version if they haven't found the bug in the regular version that is causing this?

We are talking about two different coin loss issues. the one on the regular bakery game was a loss of coins- the bug fix was put into the current version at the time- valentine version.
when Valentine version got released the bug fix for that first bug loss was in there, but the second coin loss bug appeared - this is the one that TL is stating that they are not seeing acutal coin loss, but it is a cosmetic glitch. That is why members are sending screenshots to show TL that they are losing coins(screenshots while playing the valentine version)

If you are on the regular version, yes, you may still be experiencing coin losses since the manual update with this FIRST bug loss has not been added to the regular version yet.

AnnasCoffee
04-12-12, 03:51 PM
We are talking about two different coin loss issues. the one on the regular bakery game was a loss of coins- the bug fix was put into the current version at the time- valentine version.
when Valentine version got released the bug fix for that first bug loss was in there, but the second coin loss bug appeared - this is the one that TL is stating that they are not seeing acutal coin loss, but it is a cosmetic glitch. That is why members are sending screenshots to show TL that they are losing coins(screenshots while playing the valentine version)

If you are on the regular version, yes, you may still be experiencing coin losses since the manual update with this FIRST bug loss has not been added to the regular version yet.

1. People lose coins in the valentines version too... See post #23 in this thread.... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25913-Coin-bug/page3

2. The regular version is available to download in the app store, therefore Team Lava is responsible to keep it functioning or remove it so this doesn't keep happening to new people EVERYDAY! I so sick of Team Lava telling us to download the v-day version as a solution to their error.