PDA

View Full Version : Don't like new XP extra steps

twinsr2xfun
04-11-12, 09:01 PM
My game just updated today and I'm not liking the new way stars show up after "liking" someone's clothing or after you collect the thumbs up in your own store. This extra step of clicking on them to get your XP is so unnecessary, IMO. It is a time waster to now have to click on those stars (that block everything) just to get your XP.

Team Lava- please remove this "feature"! There is no value to your players to add in this unnecessary step. Can you make some of the changes we have been suggesting in the forums instead? Thanks.

Ic3e
04-11-12, 09:19 PM
OMG ikno right! I hate this feat....

pinkster73
04-11-12, 09:35 PM
You don't have to click them. They auto collect.

cherbear07
04-11-12, 09:51 PM
I hate it!!!!!!!

VictoriaFrost
04-11-12, 10:00 PM
I agree. It's unnecessary clutter, especially on the iPhone.

ro0ori
04-11-12, 10:05 PM
Which custome will end plzzzzz tell mee?? The green one with the hat or the girl whith a tiara ????

haveabanana
04-11-12, 10:17 PM
HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have a few minutes here and there in the day to play and now they double the time it takes to do anything in one fell swoop?!?!!!! Absolutely AWFUL update!!!!

Restaurant Story and Bakery Story used to be my favorite games but now I am seriously considering deleting them because I just don't have the time to keep them going!

PLEASE TAKE AWAY THESE AWFUL STARS AND MAKE THE XP AUTOMATIC AGAIN!!!!!

haveabanana
04-11-12, 10:20 PM
Oops! Didn't notice I was in Fashion Story discussion! But what I say still stands though as it appears to be widespread through all the "Story" games!

kimdwc
04-11-12, 11:55 PM
I agree, it's so time consuming. They do auto collect but you have to sit there and wait. It basically doubles the time of tipping and since I play all three games and fashion has the most neighbors, after I expand I am going to cut down the neighbors I have and if I can't maintain my 4 star-oh well. The other option is to just keep my shop full, forget the tips and just gift, it seems like a lot of my neighbors are doing that already anyway. Teamlava instead of all these dumb updates, why not look at some of our suggestions and work on those (accidental gem purchase, deleting unaccepted neighbor invites...)

maggieyyli
04-12-12, 12:17 AM
There is no value to your players to add in this unnecessary step.

That's the point! I really dunno why TL spend time to add this redundant and disgusting feature rather than fixing bugs (out of syn when placing makeup counter items) nor adding confirmation of spending gems?! The latter was requested for YEARS!

hushkat
04-12-12, 02:33 AM
I am not liking this at all! And it will only be a matter of time until I accidentally tap a table too many times chasing the bouncing stars around and wind up clearing a table of its contents. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

prettymush
04-12-12, 02:54 AM
absolutely agree. I ABHOR THIS UPDATE. DID ANYONE IN TEAM LAVA TAKE A MODULE ON SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND DESIGN ):

dri2011
04-12-12, 03:44 AM
I support the removal of this feature either. I can imagine how annoying it must be at boutiques with a high number of racks+counters. :(

However, I'm curious to hear why they implemented this. :confused:

flora516
04-12-12, 05:53 AM
I did a test in Bakery Story. I tipped my neighbors, but did not collect any of the coins or stars. I simply went on to the next neighbor. Even though I did not pick the coins and stars up they were still collected and added to my tipping bar at the bottom. Has anyone else tried this in fashion story to see if it worked that way for them? I am at work and havent had a chance to try yet. Thanks.

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 06:32 AM
I agree...absolutely HATE this feature. The XP's do eventually tally if u don't tap it so why was the feature added. Of all the request to TL, when did the cry for this feature pop up? With the numerous pop ups that can cause a player to Easter currency (i.e. clearing a table or rack) why would they add this? When i downloaded a couple of the other games a couple weeks ago, this feature was one of the reasons i deleted the apps. Hate it...This players opinion... Remove immediately.

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 06:33 AM
This ato correct is nuts ... Easter should be "lose"

AuntyRose32
04-12-12, 06:40 AM
HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have a few minutes here and there in the day to play and now they double the time it takes to do anything in one fell swoop?!?!!!! Absolutely AWFUL update!!!!

Restaurant Story and Bakery Story used to be my favorite games but now I am seriously considering deleting them because I just don't have the time to keep them going!

PLEASE TAKE AWAY THESE AWFUL STARS AND MAKE THE XP AUTOMATIC AGAIN!!!!!

Yes it is a horrible feature but you do not have to tap them and you don't have to wait for them to collect themselves. Just move on to the next neighbour and they auto collect. Still, they are just ugly and pointless I know.

piggiful
04-12-12, 06:54 AM
You don't have to click them. They auto collect.Only if you stay on the screen long enough.......which never happens for me. I tap and get out. Now I'm missing out on all the stars and coins. It actually isn't that much coins and xps. I really just care about the stars. I go through my neighbors and got nothing:(

piggiful
04-12-12, 06:56 AM
Yes it is a horrible feature but you do not have to tap them and you don't have to wait for them to collect themselves. Just move on to the next neighbour and they auto collect. Still, they are just ugly and pointless I know.

I would hardly call it a feature. It's just taking up more battery power, slowing down the game on my already slow iphone and jip me out of all the coins, xp and stars.

piggiful
04-12-12, 07:03 AM
I support the removal of this feature either. I can imagine how annoying it must be at boutiques with a high number of racks+counters. :(

However, I'm curious to hear why they implemented this. :confused:

Because they can.......play god and mess with you for giggles. Someone must have lost a bet.

minizozo
04-12-12, 07:17 AM
Who's bright idea was this? When will TL ever practice decent customer service and work on the suggestions given to them on this board? This does nothing to enhance the game play, so why????????

LCAHEARTS
04-12-12, 08:15 AM
Who's bright idea was this? When will TL ever practice decent customer service and work on the suggestions given to them on this board? This does nothing to enhance the game play, so why????????

It's probably a creative gem trap. If we tap enough out of impatience in our own shops...maybe we might be presented with the whole "clear this rack/table" maybe then we'll place an order and complete it with gems out of frustration...More so over in RS/BS if you have your appliances near tables, you could for sure end up tapping to complete something that is cooking away.

Ugh. I wish TL would focus more on updating their original versions of the games before telling us to switch when a switch isn't a smart move currently. I wish they would add new gifts to our FS game, instead of forcing us to continue wearing red sweaters in warm weather -_-

piggiful
04-12-12, 08:36 AM
It's probably a creative gem trap. If we tap enough out of impatience in our own shops...maybe we might be presented with the whole "clear this rack/table" maybe then we'll place an order and complete it with gems out of frustration...More so over in RS/BS if you have your appliances near tables, you could for sure end up tapping to complete something that is cooking away.

Ugh. I wish TL would focus more on updating their original versions of the games before telling us to switch when a switch isn't a smart move currently. I wish they would add new gifts to our FS game, instead of forcing us to continue wearing red sweaters in warm weather -_-

Yeah, that's the only reason I can think of. TL really wants us to hit the gem traps.

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 08:47 AM
Agreed, just wouldn't classify it as creative. It's so annoying that it is taking away from the experience of the game. It was a feature I hated in couple of the other Story Games. It can be a fine line between what makes you want to play one game versus another. I would hope that TL could find valued ways of increasing their revenue.

farrels
04-12-12, 08:54 AM
I do not like having to collect the xp!!!!change it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCAHEARTS
04-12-12, 09:00 AM
Agreed, just wouldn't classify it as creative. It's so annoying that it is taking away from the experience of the game. It was a feature I hated in couple of the other Story Games. It can be a fine line between what makes you want to play one game versus another. I would hope that TL could find valued ways of increasing their revenue.

I meant [creative] in a sarcastic manner. It's not the first time we've seen TL change something that didn't need to be changed. They just love to get under our skin and see us rage over it while staying silent. Sometimes I just picture a group of people sitting behind a screen laughing at our posts. They don't prove any differently...so whatever.

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 09:13 AM
I meant [creative] in a sarcastic manner. It's not the first time we've seen TL change something that didn't need to be changed. They just love to get under our skin and see us rage over it while staying silent. Sometimes I just picture a group of people sitting behind a screen laughing at our posts. They don't prove any differently...so whatever.

Gotcha! In that case fully agree with your statement. I did send an email to TeamLava Support stating my displeausre because sometimes I feel like TL uses this forum to contain our critisim. But if I'm still dealing with this mess next week then I'm going submitting a review in the App Store.

piggiful
04-12-12, 10:04 AM
Gotcha! In that case fully agree with your statement. I did send an email to TeamLava Support stating my displeausre because sometimes I feel like TL uses this forum to contain our critisim. But if I'm still dealing with this mess next week then I'm going submitting a review in the App Store.
Like that will help. They already hire drones to rate tons of 5 stars in the app store, it wouldn't even make a difference;)

LCAHEARTS
04-12-12, 10:07 AM
Like that will help. They already hire drones to rate tons of 5 stars in the app store, it wouldn't even make a difference;)

I agree and disagree...I do think that the low rating impact helped even if just a little back when the coin profit/item quantities changed for no logic reason. If not that certainly the long epic thread about it did.

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 10:21 AM

Can't controll what others do but in full control of what I do. Here's what is certain, if you never post your displeasure in the App Store for the potential customers TL so deperately wants then they will never get the complete picuture of the full game experience and I've eliminated a tool I have available to me as a current customer. I'm always in favor of keeping my voice. So participating on the forum, emailing TL, and reviewing/rating in the App Store are all available tools. My participation in these venues mean that I still care enough to stay plugged into the game. But it is just a game; once the level of frustration or displeasure exceeds the benefits I experience from game play then me and my disposable income will leave TL and its missteps.

In general, the reviews and ratings in the App Store do matter to me. I take notice of the star ratings and their associated reviews. There are many apps I was going to download but decided not to based upon the reviews provided even when they had very high star 5 ratings. If the low rating reviews express something that would bother/irretate me also, then I'd pass on the download; too many choices with so little time.

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 10:23 AM
sorry that should be "irritated"

laVirtualCloset
04-12-12, 10:23 AM
seriously ... "irritate"

piggiful
04-13-12, 07:26 AM
cleared another rack by mistake this morningthanks flying stars

IsisGarden
04-13-12, 07:31 AM
It's like that in all the games. It is very irritating.
They automatically collect, but they are obtrusive.
I wish this would be removed.

Zee_Zatara
04-13-12, 04:55 PM
I echo everyone else's hatred of this change. All I can figure is it is meant to add more "bells and whistles" to the game to make it seem more impressive to newbies. But it isn't more impressive, it's just annoying and more time-consuming.

And don't they know that excessive tapping can lead to repetitive stress injury? Seriously, my tapping hand & finger hurts whenever I play the game too long so I have tried to limit my playing time to shorter and shorter intervals. But now the game designers are really encouraging me to quit this game altogether.:mad:

JohnnieBravo
04-13-12, 07:07 PM
Yes, I was playing Bakery Story earlier this week when I noticed they changed it to have tappable stars. So stupid... But like a previous poster, after you tap each item, just move on to the next neighbor. You don't have to wait. My XP bar still goes up when I move on.

elixoxo
04-14-12, 09:13 AM
How about gem traps being fixed first before adding in new unnecessary features like this. Or adding confirmation buttons. Pathetic really.

shakiba
04-14-12, 09:34 AM
You don't have to click them. They auto collect.

What if, for example, u r liking ur nbrs (and dont collect the stars) then u visit another shop? Will it still get collected?

meteor7
04-14-12, 11:40 AM

EXACTLY!!!! They pay NO attention to the players requests or problems. Worst Customer Service ever. And when they do reply, it's completely condescending.

ginerp
04-14-12, 01:44 PM
I hate this new feature too. I play on an iPhone, so the screen is small, and when I'm collecting tips, the screen gets so cluttered and confusing, it's ridiculous. And I'm accidentally tapping on "manage" and on the adverts for the new slots game, every few taps. Sooooooo annoying!

moda999
04-14-12, 03:19 PM
I hate this new feature too. I play on an iPhone, so the screen is small, and when I'm collecting tips, the screen gets so cluttered and confusing, it's ridiculous. And I'm accidentally tapping on "manage" and on the adverts for the new slots game, every few taps. Sooooooo annoying!

GEM TRAP GEM TRAP GEM TRAP
And don't get me started on the Slots ads ....... TL have lost the plot.

kooky panda
04-14-12, 03:44 PM
What if, for example, u r liking ur nbrs (and dont collect the stars) then u visit another shop? Will it still get collected?
yes it will.

MizCricket
04-15-12, 04:42 AM
EXACTLY!!!! They pay NO attention to the players requests or problems. Worst Customer Service ever. And when they do reply, it's completely condescending.
Completely agree. There is an ongoing problem with ppl's coin total not going up like it should and tl's response (despite all the screenshots ppl posted and info that's been provided) has basically been to tell everyone they can't add.

I also hate this new "feature" with the stars and coins. It's idiotic.

minimimilee
04-16-12, 10:58 PM
Unless it gives us some extra xp (like combo bonus) or coins when clicking the stars, otherwise it's totally annoying.

lollyloo123
04-17-12, 02:10 PM
I dont understand what you mean by this - I always get stars after tipping?

pinkster73
04-17-12, 02:14 PM
I dont understand what you mean by this - I always get stars after tipping?

So did I. Some people have always had this, for others it's new.

lollyloo123
04-17-12, 02:19 PM
So did I. Some people have always had this, for others it's new.

Ahh right lol - was ***na say its been like that since day one - wierd how some are only just getting it lol

msbossldy
04-17-12, 02:38 PM
I agree 100%. It can even make you clear your racks by a mistake if you're not careful. Please remove it team lava!

dalula
04-17-12, 03:29 PM
You dont need to tap the things to collect them. they never bother me... i just leave them alone and my money /xp/star rating automatically adds up.

sand
04-26-12, 03:41 PM
The fact that most players have only recently been getting these bouncy floating stars & coins further proves that TL experiments on us selectively and doesn't give us all the same version for any given device or platform. I have ALWAYS had these cluttersome animated rewards ever since I started Fashion Story in late January. I guess those of us with that particular beta feature didn't complain enough so now you ALL have it.
S**** Tip: When clearing or leaving likes, wait until you have several on the floor then shrink down (pinch in) the floor view. The stars &/ coins will then converge and loom large over the store and you can pop them all with just one tap. Once you master this move, you can get them to converge and pop in one smooth pinch. Strangely satisfying.

sand
04-26-12, 03:47 PM
... But, yes -- I have accidentally cleared countless loaded racks and counters as the coins obscured my view and tripped me up. I'm talking stacks of anywhere from 10,000 to 90,000 items. Not happy moments, lemme tell ya.
Can we say "CONFIRMATION BUTTON"? (sigh) Why do I even bother?