PDA

View Full Version : Picking up Stars on Android

strawberrishortcake
04-11-12, 08:44 PM
I just cooked some food and I noticed that my stoves were spitting out stars! =S

This has always been automatically done on Android! (though not on iPhone)

Please revert this as this was one of the only perks for android users. In comparison to iPhone users, we do not get challenges to earn gems, and we are unable to see our gifts we have received that are parts! We are also unable to see appliances under design when we are already max'd out.

Please post if you feel the same!

Thanks!

pinkster73
04-11-12, 08:57 PM
I'm Android and I've had stars for a very long time. I don't believe its device specific.

joonius
04-11-12, 09:23 PM
This did make the game more annoying. I was happy as I didn't have to click on the stars or the coins...

Yeah and what's with Android user discrimination?

strawberrishortcake
04-11-12, 09:38 PM
I'm Android and I've had stars for a very long time. I don't believe its device specific.

Hmmm alright... I know others with android who just started having to p/u their stars today too... I'm not sure why some people get them and some don't!

I would still like to have TL revert it to automatically received!

strawberrishortcake
04-11-12, 09:40 PM
TL why are android apps different than iPhones'? =(

pinkster73
04-11-12, 09:43 PM
Here, Android vs ios:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions

strawberrishortcake
04-11-12, 09:58 PM
I just realized you also have to pick up red stars and any collectibles! sighhhh

strawberrishortcake
04-11-12, 10:00 PM
Thanks =)
I would still like to start a petition to remove the picking up feature though!

pinkster73
04-12-12, 07:59 AM
You don't have to pick them up! They auto collect.

LCAHEARTS
04-12-12, 08:06 AM
You don't have to pick them up! They auto collect.

After a few seconds, some people don't want to wait that amount of time. It adds up when you deal with it with all nbrs.

I'm not sure if it works for everyone...but I can not collect and just move on and it will credit me with whatever anyways.

pinkster73
04-12-12, 08:07 AM
Right, you don't have to wait. Just ignore them.

swiep07
04-12-12, 08:20 AM
I just found out when I leave my message on the wall, the stars are already collected in the mean time :)

swiep07
04-12-12, 08:21 AM
okay... on farm story though.. but I guess it's the same

strawberrishortcake
04-12-12, 11:01 AM
oh good, I hope it auto collects!

If you don't have to pick them up, it's so unnecessary =S
The stars, items and now coin piles clutter up my entire restaurant so that I can't cook something without hitting them first! =P it's all about efficiency!

MirandaBE
04-12-12, 01:56 PM
I'm so with you on this one... this make updating my stoves etc. take more than double the normal time... efficiency is gone :(

trace35
04-13-12, 02:28 PM
Yep it's totally crazy! What I don't understand is that TL new we hated it because it was discussed in a thread not long ago but then brought it in for everyone anyway!?!

ButterPanda
04-13-12, 03:20 PM
It will still auto collect even if you dont pick up the stars on both android and IOS.

ariesblu
04-13-12, 03:56 PM
They are SUPER annoying! And the fact that it came out of no where is just not cool. In comparison, the stars and the collectibles are MUCH smaller on Android than they are on IOS, so that within itself is a huge annoyance. Coupled within the fact that tl is so behind on the Android platform already, I wonder why this project was held as a priority above the things we are missing out of:

In comparison to iPhone users, we do not get challenges to earn gems, and we are unable to see our gifts we have received that are parts! We are also unable to see appliances under design when we are already max'd out.

strawberrishortcake
04-14-12, 01:56 AM
trace35: I can't figure out why they would add this feature to those who didn't have it when those who did already voiced that they didn't like it!

ariesblu: I agree- I wish TL hadn't chosen to randomly update this out of all of the features android is missing

TL: I know it probably took quite some time and effort to include this feature, but I really think the game would run more smoothly without it!

SweetTreats7777
04-16-12, 12:38 PM
I totally agree!! I was upset when I saw this feature. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (Android). All these things popping up waiting to be collected is annoying!!!!! And no I don't care that they auto-collect! That still takes a while, and I'm like the other players who like to play efficiently. These stars and coins block tables and appliances, making tipping and cooking take even longer (and I already spend enough time on these games)!
PLEASE remove!!