PDA

View Full Version : The Secret Bag

alli1616
04-11-12, 08:06 AM
Getting so frustrated! How many gems do I have to spend to get the perfume display or intimate display??! I've got lots of avatar clothing, 3 pillows, 4 cats, and 4 angel wings! I give up!

Does anyone have these displays? How many gems did it take??

AnnasCoffee
04-11-12, 10:02 AM
Wow that's a lot of attempts. You've already spend well over $50 worth of gems. That's sad!!! My opinion... No special item is worth that much.

laVirtualCloset
04-11-12, 10:35 AM
Wow that's a lot of attempts. You've already spend well over $50 worth of gems. That's sad!!! My opinion... No special item is worth that much.

Oh, my dear twin this will be our first dissenting opinon but of course I still love ya! To me the only sad part is when a person spends $50 on gems and can't afford it. It's disposable income spent on a game and I say if you can afford it, you want it, and you're not asking someone else for the money then what's sad about it? Each person according to his/her own means. If purchasing and spending gems is what brings you pleasure then its all good.

I've tried a couple of boxes; this one and the Bundle Up Box. In the bundle up box I specifically wanted the Coat Dress Display and it took me 7 tries or (168 gems) which is about $25 worth of gems @ 20% discount. @alli1616, it took me 11 tries (264 gems) which is roughly $36.99 to get the intimates display. There were a number of things that I wanted in this box so I was willing to keep trying.

I do think that you have to go into those boxes knowing that you're going to spend a lot of gems to get whatever you really want or you're willing to be happy with whatever you get. Any other attitude and I think you're setting yourself up for self inflicted disappointment or frustration. That's why I don't consider the limited items over priced because if its something you try want and you were randomly selected to receive the offer, then you're more than likely spending spending a lot less for the item than when you're trying obtain a specific item out of one of the surprise boxes.

laVirtualCloset
04-11-12, 10:37 AM
Sorry, sentence should read: " That's why I don't consider the limited items over priced because if its something you really want and you were randomly selected ..."

laVirtualCloset
04-11-12, 10:40 AM
Forgot to add, I didn't want the Perfume Display so I stopped once I got the intimates display which was on my 11th try.

iceschool101221
04-11-12, 11:16 AM
I am so sorry for all of your troubles. Contact the Storm8 or TeamLava customer support. Best of luck to you! :)

alli1616
04-11-12, 11:30 AM
@laVirtualCloset, thank you so much for your insight. I'm thinking that if I have large amount of gems (100+), and I try buying the display, and keep purchasing all at one time I'd have a better chance of getting the display. Is that what you did? Right now, I'm buying one or two, getting more gems, then buying again.

laVirtualCloset
04-11-12, 11:46 AM
@laVirtualCloset, thank you so much for your insight. I'm thinking that if I have large amount of gems (100+), and I try buying the display, and keep purchasing all at one time I'd have a better chance of getting the display. Is that what you did? Right now, I'm buying one or two, getting more gems, then buying again.

Your welcome . . . yes, that's exactly what I did and continue to do. I never attempt a box without a stash of gems so I'll stock pile them until I'm ready to try. If I'm going in, then I'm going in knowing that I need at least enough for seven tries and I do them all at one time. After that, I never touch the box again. Now my limited experience has shown that on my device, I get more duplicates when I hit "buy again". I know others have a different experience but not me so I won't hit "buy again". I just immediatley start over in succession.

I just remodeled my shop and created a bridal boutique section. I really want the bridal mannequin and eventhough its a relatively common prize, I'm not going near that box until I stock pile some gems.

alli1616
04-11-12, 12:02 PM
Crazy! I got the bridal mannequin on my 3rd try (in my other boutique)! Good luck!!

dalula
04-11-12, 04:06 PM
It depends on luck. I know someone who got it on their first try, whereas another person purchased over 100 boxes for a 1st place item. I have never gotten anything higher than a 3rd place item. Good luck if you decide to try again! :)

awertie
04-11-12, 04:11 PM
I got the intimates display on my first try. I wanted the avatar items. :( That box is still my favorite box so good luck you might get something better next time.

jojopeanut
04-11-12, 04:11 PM
I was one of the lucky people I got the intimate display on the 3rd time opening.

laVirtualCloset
04-11-12, 06:11 PM
The Intimates Display is a 2nd place prize with an ~10% probability of winning. So It is possible to get in on the first try. As such, some players will win this prize with a couple of attempts or less but most will not. If ur opening a box with the intent to win a specific prize you have to be prepared for multiple attempts ... Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

RoseMeyer
04-12-12, 07:14 AM
I would never buy a "surprise" bag in a real store with real money. If I'm going to spend real money, I want to KNOW what Im getting BEFORE I spend it. Im too old and poor to be fooling with "mystery" spending.

Ic3e
04-12-12, 07:39 AM
I like taking risks actually and I'm sometimes happy with what I get. I got Diva Shoes, a Crystal Heart, a Scarf Mannequin, and an Antique Register. The only thing I don't like out of all my items.....the register.

maggieyyli
04-12-12, 11:38 AM
That's why sharing information is important in this kind of 'lucky draw'. Thanks TL to have this platform and thanks people here of the sharing.

I will only try boxes if I am generally satisfied with the 4th/3rd place items. To me, I won't never try the fur box as the flooring light really scares me. I know I must be mad if I get it when you know you can buy it only with 3 gems! So far I am quite pleased at surprise, secret, valentine and bundle-up boxes.

My experience so far is buy again better than re-buying from the design tab. I bought 5 surprise boxes at a time and amazingly none of them were duplicated. I got what I wanted most -- the lolita display -- and I stopped there. It also applied when I bought secret bag, valentine and bundle-up chests. But I know this kind of the thing indeed is at random.

I would love if TL can implement a 'trade' function (which I bet TL won't never do this!). Though I was lucky enough not to get duplicate items in a row, I bought secret bag 3 times. And in each row I got pillow stack and got 2 perfume displays. Yet I still miss the 3rd place items - the lace tight and angel wing but I won't try this bag again. Strange enough I get 2 1st-place item but never win 3rd-place items, right? Now I will not buy box unless I have a lot of gems ready for at least 5 or 6 consecutive purchase.

Zee_Zatara
04-13-12, 05:11 PM
You're going to hate me, but I got the intimates display on my first try. It was what I wanted most so I was really happy. I tried the secret bag two more times and got the angel wing and then another intimates display. I put them next to each other to make a huge intimates display. But if I could I would trade one to you. :p

I also wanted the swan princess and got her on my first try with the fairy tale box. So I was very lucky with those two boxes. But lest you think I'm just super-lucky, I've never gotten anything I wanted from any of the other boxes.

dalula
04-13-12, 05:45 PM
Lol.... I got the PILLOWS on my first try... Yeah!!! :p and then I got the angel puff heels and the angel wing. I don't like any of the prizes I got except for the heels.