PDA

View Full Version : Force Closes this morning - just me?

CrabbyOldMan
04-11-12, 07:21 AM
Suddenly this morning I can't run Farm Story. The load process starts, I get a teaser about discovery chests, then things sit for a few seconds (and the swirly "I'm working on it" logo freezes) and I get a Force Close messagebox.

Is this just me, or is it happening to you folks as well? If it's just me, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

kattybell
04-11-12, 07:22 AM
It's happening to me in restaurant.

kattybell
04-11-12, 07:24 AM
And farm now :(

kooky panda
04-11-12, 07:25 AM
Try force closing or exiting out of your game to see if this resolves the issue.

If still issues, please advise the version of the game you are playing
Your device and if you are playing on wifi or cellular.

kattybell
04-11-12, 07:28 AM
I've force closed restaurant which is v-day version, and now farm seems ok. I'm using the latest version of farm and playing on cellular.

CrabbyOldMan
04-11-12, 07:45 AM
I've force-closed my copy of Farm story. I've also rebooted my tablet and tried again. No joy.

I'm playing the regular version of Farm Story on my Samsung Galaxy tap 10.1 over WIFI (I have a WIFI-only tablet).

(BTW, I also have Bakery, City, Empire, and Restaurant story on that tablet and all of those others are running fine.)

WendingWanderer
04-11-12, 09:29 AM
Happening a lot to me also. Sometimes turning my phone completely off and then on helps. Also, if I wait for the teaser to go away by itself instead of clicking OK often helps.

I think a lot of people are working hard on short time crops trying to get more gems before the discovery box buyout closes, and this is probably overloading the system.

CrabbyOldMan
04-11-12, 11:15 AM
Also, if I wait for the teaser to go away by itself instead of clicking OK often helps.

That worked for me! Thanks!!

(I ignored the teaser until it went away, and I got into my copy of Farm Story just fine. Then after harvesting/reseeding my crops I exited the game and tried to get back in, but this time clicking on the teaser. Got the Force Close error. Then I tried a third time, ignoring the teaser again - and got in just fine.)

kooky panda
04-11-12, 11:18 AM
thanks wending and crabby- I will forward this on. There were some other force close issues as well.

beccawt
05-23-12, 06:00 AM
I have been having problems with farm story.finally got that fixed and now it freezed up says to forse close. I did. I tryed to unistall and reinstall.did not help.using wifi. On a taplet.

bbieprnc
05-23-12, 06:19 AM
Suddenly this morning I can't run Farm Story. The load process starts, I get a teaser about discovery chests, then things sit for a few seconds (and the swirly "I'm working on it" logo freezes) and I get a Force Close messagebox.

Is this just me, or is it happening to you folks as well? If it's just me, is there anything I can do about it?

I have a droid and it's happening to me several times a day. Honestly, sometimes I can tell by the way some of the stuff is loaded - icons looking funny etc. On droid I usually go out, manage apps and clear data and cache - it works for a while until the next forced close. Last few days it has been more often.

kooky panda
05-23-12, 08:24 AM
I have been having problems with farm story.finally got that fixed and now it freezed up says to forse close. I did. I tryed to unistall and reinstall.did not help.using wifi. On a taplet.

I have a droid and it's happening to me several times a day. Honestly, sometimes I can tell by the way some of the stuff is loaded - icons looking funny etc. On droid I usually go out, manage apps and clear data and cache - it works for a while until the next forced close. Last few days it has been more often.

What are your devices?
Make sure your devices have the most current versions.
Also try moving your games to your SD card to free up some memory.

bbieprnc
05-23-12, 10:47 AM
What are your devices?
Make sure your devices have the most current versions.
Also try moving your games to your SD card to free up some memory.

I have Motorolla Droid Global and the version of the game is 1.4.5.03

ThorVII
05-23-12, 06:50 PM
Un - install then install it again... it always works

bbieprnc
05-24-12, 06:39 AM

Did that too - nothing. LOL.

Limaxa
05-24-12, 07:18 AM
I had that Problem too this morning

kooky panda
05-24-12, 10:29 AM
I have Motorolla Droid Global and the version of the game is 1.4.5.03
Have you checked to make sure your droid has the most current version?
Have you moved your game to your SD card?

If all of the above, you will need to email support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

bbieprnc
05-24-12, 10:52 AM
Have you checked to make sure your droid has the most current version?
Have you moved your game to your SD card?

If all of the above, you will need to email support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

Thank you, yes I will - all above applied and yes I will be sending e-amil. I was planting peanuts and if forced on me 3 times. :-)

julicius
05-24-12, 12:27 PM
You get a forced close from those messages that get spammed when you start the game. Click on the X instead of the green button, then you don't get forced close and you won't fall for team lava's trap in accidentally stuff that you don't want.

bbieprnc
05-24-12, 01:21 PM
You get a forced close from those messages that get spammed when you start the game. Click on the X instead of the green button, then you don't get forced close and you won't fall for team lava's trap in accidentally stuff that you don't want.

No, getting it while planting and collecting, already pass all the messages. LOL

julicius
05-25-12, 04:54 AM
Then I agree, that IS weird. And annoying of course.

bbieprnc
07-22-12, 12:26 PM
OK, it's back again - force closes on farm story for past week and getting close. I have sent e-mail to Lavateam and still waiting for solution, is it only me or has someone else out there experiencing problems? I have not installed anything else on my phone, reinstalled the game did everything I could but still no improvement. Yesterday I had over 30 force closes - yes, I log in, force close, water one neighbor, force close, try to gift, force close. WOW, just crazy.

WendingWanderer
07-22-12, 12:51 PM
It's been giving me a forced close all morning. I've spent the last 3 hours off and on trying to plant. Still not planted.

At least I got harvested before this - otherwise, wilted crops.

Holodoc
07-22-12, 01:39 PM
I actually thought it was just me - good (?) to see I'm not alone.
I had that kind of problem before, but the last days it gets worse and worse. ca. 15 force closes (everytime I send a message just to nag the programmers) today.

bbieprnc
07-22-12, 04:01 PM
I actually thought it was just me - good (?) to see I'm not alone.
I had that kind of problem before, but the last days it gets worse and worse. ca. 15 force closes (everytime I send a message just to nag the programmers) today.

I'm laughing, I started to do the same thing today - keep on sending messages with every force close.

lylahmae
07-22-12, 04:41 PM
Me too I always force close the first time I enter farm but today it was like 4 or 5 times.

FredsFarmm
07-23-12, 09:38 AM
I've been having the same problem with my kindle fire. Forced closing and keep trying until I get back on. Feels like the lava system is overloaded.

bbieprnc
07-23-12, 12:04 PM
LOL, so I am happy to report that I have received a reply to my ticket, drum rolls pls, here it is:

WittyKitty103
07-25-12, 08:37 PM
I randomly had major force-close issues this evening. I couldn't even get past the initial screen before it would force-close me out of the game, over and over again. After a while of that, it would suddenly give me a message that, "Farm Story requires internet access. You are not connected to the internet," which is complete bull, as I **AM** connected to the internet and am able to access every other app I have on my phone except for FS and City Story. I finally got CS and FS to work by reinstalling them.

DRL23411
08-04-12, 02:06 PM
Forced closes are so often that the game has become unplayable. Instead of updates that most people don't like, how about fixing the game so that we can play it.

lylahmae
08-05-12, 06:06 AM
I reinstalled.
I updated my phone.
Which means I also restarted my device.
I cleared the cache.
I uninstalled unused apps.
I stopped all other apps.
I tried connecting to Wi-Fi instead of 3g.
Again.....
THIS IS NOT OUR FAULT! TL, WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

WendingWanderer
08-05-12, 10:33 AM
Had trouble getting on all of yesterday - nearly went to bed with unplanted fields. Most of my neighbors unwatered.

Most frustrating.

bbieprnc
08-05-12, 12:19 PM
Forced closes are so often that the game has become unplayable. Instead of updates that most people don't like, how about fixing the game so that we can play it.

I couldn't agree more, have been complaining for a month now - actually one month and one week and it's getting worse and worse. Sent e-mails to support with no answer and no visible improvement in game. They just keep on doing their regular reply.

luv4quiltz
08-12-12, 04:47 PM

If I uninstall/reinstall, will the game automatically recognize my user id and retain all of my status? I dont remember the password I setup and afraid if I reinstall it will ask me for password info.

bbieprnc
08-12-12, 05:07 PM
If I uninstall/reinstall, will the game automatically recognize my user id and retain all of my status? I dont remember the password I setup and afraid if I reinstall it will ask me for password info.

Yes it will, no worries, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game so many times that I have lost the count. It will recognize the device, promise.

RealFarmer1222
08-12-12, 05:33 PM
I get a force close 1 or two times a day for about the last 3 weeks.

pinkster73
08-12-12, 06:52 PM
I get a force close 1 or two times a day for about the last 3 weeks.

*puts hand up

Me too! Me too!

bbieprnc
08-13-12, 07:09 AM
*puts hand up

Me too! Me too!

Honestly it has been better for last week or so, before that - I got 30+ a day. I think TeamLava fixed whatever the big issue was. Kudos Team Lava!!!! And thank you.

DeesDiner001
08-20-12, 05:10 PM
I am also having force closes, won't open at all, all day

nmishii
08-20-12, 06:48 PM
I got a force close when starting up Farm three different times today. All other games okay.

littlerdi
08-24-12, 04:08 PM
This has happened to me for several days. It usually happens from my notification page, but today it happened when I tapped on the icon.

princessbella99
08-24-12, 04:54 PM

its happening to me on the new story thag recently came out, and on Fashion and another story :( so its not just you

Holodoc
09-04-12, 11:25 PM
I just want to point out that somehow my force closes have vanished! :eek:

Whoever worked on this - thank you and well done!!!
I barely have any force closes any more. Wonderful to relaize there is improvement.

ussailormom
09-07-12, 09:10 AM
Most days I can't get into bakery story 1.3.6.05 on my cellular android and my food spoiled. I try about 151 times then give up. Most time I don't get force closing warning..but some times I do. I have rebooted.. reloaded.. and reset my phone to factory.. to no avail..

faralynn
09-08-12, 09:06 AM
Been force closing on me for months,won't let me into buy anything! Won't let me gift,can only water 2 or 3 neighbors before "force close"! Have uninstalled-reinstalled, pulled battery,and every thing else I could think of. Have asked for help SEVERAL times with no luck. I play on my android phone. Does anyone out there have any help they can give me? Please!