PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Chest items available for purchase in the store!!!

yanochka
04-10-12, 01:09 AM
All of the chest items are available in the store for a limited time.

I am happy that everyone can get them now, however given the amount of money I spent in the past on that chest it's unfair!!!! Bittersweet???? :mad:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/6ef162eb.jpg

yanochka
04-10-12, 01:14 AM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/7aae882a.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/8747d603.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/6a73bb88.jpg

jeanietpa
04-10-12, 01:16 AM
Yay.... im realy Happy that I could get the Vila and Lab and Hop Rabbit....

yanochka
04-10-12, 01:23 AM
Looks like this is a random offer again. On my iPad items are in the store. On my phone I get the following:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/9efd83c5.jpg

After I click on okay, it brings me to the regular special box purchase screen.

bergamasque
04-10-12, 04:25 AM
I can't get the pop up....I really want villa~~~~
This is randomly??
It is so unfair...

hasinuss
04-10-12, 04:48 AM
I got the pop-up but no items, that's not really better!

kattybell
04-10-12, 04:54 AM
I have the items, but I already spent gems for the box before...

MiniLaura
04-10-12, 04:55 AM
I had to force quit and restart to get the popup. I got a garden arch, but that's it.

I wonder if this means that
1) the Discovery Chest is being pulled soon
2) TL is experimenting again to see if this tactic results in more gem purchases
3) TL might start doing this with other boxes!!!

I really really hope #3 happens because I really want that Victorian house! And the tortoise!

kattybell
04-10-12, 05:00 AM
I had to force quit and restart to get the popup. I got a garden arch, but that's it.

I wonder if this means that
1) the Discovery Chest is being pulled soon
2) TL is experimenting again to see if this tactic results in more gem purchases
3) TL might start doing this with other boxes!!!

I really really hope #3 happens because I really want that Victorian house! And the tortoise!

I hope #3 too!

jeanietpa
04-10-12, 05:18 AM
Im on iPad... Anyway, still love that special gifts from TL. Maybe they give us as appologize for No Easter Goals :-P

jamalo
04-10-12, 05:28 AM
Certainly looks random... haven't got it on Iphone and Ipad unfortunately, closed both but still only the chest and not the items... Are they under Featured as well?

yanochka
04-10-12, 05:29 AM
I can see them under featured as well.

yanochka
04-10-12, 05:31 AM
I just don't get it, why they do it randomly!?!?!?! The thing is, the farm where I would spend gems didn't get the offer!

kattybell
04-10-12, 05:40 AM
I just don't get it, why they do it randomly!?!?!?! The thing is, the farm where I would spend gems didn't get the offer!

I don't get it either. :(

jamalo
04-10-12, 05:55 AM

I have bought this box on my ipad farm before and not on my phone farm and did not get the offer on both.. so you are completely right, there is no logic and it makes no sense...

jamalo
04-10-12, 06:10 AM
Just thinking.. could there be a level hurdle for this? They promised special things for players at higher levels... maybe only players above level 97 can buy box items directly for gems? Would not be such a crazy idea maybe....

pinkster73
04-10-12, 06:11 AM
Omg!!!!! So awesome. Yet yes Yanochka, I would be not impressed.

yanochka
04-10-12, 06:23 AM
Just thinking.. could there be a level hurdle for this? They promised special things for players at higher levels... maybe only players above level 97 can buy box items directly for gems? Would not be such a crazy idea maybe....

I have it available on the farm with level 97, but not on the farm with level 99

MiniLaura
04-10-12, 06:31 AM

I have it available on the farm with level 97, but not on the farm with level 99

And I have it and I'm still at level 96.

jamalo
04-10-12, 06:37 AM
Then i am hoping it is just a slow roll out... would really like to buy the ranch house for 16 gems, thats a real bargain!

LilBearBakery
04-10-12, 06:43 AM
Do you think that maybe some people just got the update sooner and other can get it later in the week? I know that happens a lot.... Id be very disappointed if only some people had the chance to get these items in the store.

pinkster73
04-10-12, 07:09 AM
Maybe they are going to discontinue the discovery chest and that's why they're doing this offer.

adorablechic
04-10-12, 07:14 AM
I got the offer and i'm on level 21.

cakeandpie
04-10-12, 07:49 AM
This is awesome! I hope they do this with other boxes!! There's quite a lot of other box items I want!

kooky panda
04-10-12, 08:00 AM
I have the offer on my iphone,(level 98) but no kindle fire(level 140 or Ipad(level 35). I will try and get more information.

jamalo
04-10-12, 08:01 AM
This is awesome! I hope they do this with other boxes!! There's quite a lot of other box items I want!

If you get the offer it is awesome.. otherwise very frustrating!

pastrychef17
04-10-12, 08:43 AM
I'm level 47 and I got the offer on my ipad. On my secondary device that I mainly use to accept material requests from my primary game, I'm level 18 and I got the offer as well so it seems entirely random. I want the Ranch House as it seems like a bargain at 16 gems but I'm 3 gems short. Need to crank out on the crops so I can earn 3 more gems before the offer goes away.

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 09:01 AM
My pop up says "Get a chance to score rare and exceptional items from the discovery chest" I hit okay and it brings me to the chest, I'm still paying 24 gems but I guess it means I won't get a fourth place item. The randomness of these offers is really pathetic at this stage, the people who do want to spend the gems don't get the offer and the people who don't want to spend (or buy) gems do get the offer! It's just ridiculous and really getting on my nerves now.

TL....WAKE UP!!! You are losing money here and we all know how you love to take our money! Stop messing with people, do you all sit there thinking "hmm...how can we annoy everyone today, I know let's do this...." I'm really just sick of it hence the rant. I don't care that I have spent money opening that chest and not always got what I wanted from it, at 24 gems and now some people get to just pay once off to buy these items. I'm happy you are letting people have the chance to get what they want without having to gamble but I would really like to be one of those people. Your thinking is just not logical or consumer friendly. This is enough for me to stop recommending your games to people and you have quite a few gem buying customers thanks to me.

STOP WITH THE RANDOMNESS ON ALL OFFERS ITS PATHETIC TO SAY THE LEAST!!

pinkster73
04-10-12, 09:04 AM
Auntyrose, the items are in your store for sale individually.

And yes, random offers suck.

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 09:10 AM
Auntyrose, the items are in your store for sale individually.

And yes, random offers suck.

Thanks pinkster but they are not in my store. I've been checking all morning so unless they just haven't rolled out to me yet and I'm jumping the *** with scolding TL, I don't know...guess I'll have to wait and see. A good scolding never hurt anyone anyway so they are still getting the scolding:)

kattybell
04-10-12, 09:12 AM
Thanks pinkster but they are not in my store. I've been checking all morning so unless they just haven't rolled out to me yet and I'm jumping the *** with scolding TL, I don't know...guess I'll have to wait and see. A good scolding never hurt anyone anyway so they are still getting the scolding:)

Mine were in featured items.

MiniLaura
04-10-12, 09:13 AM
My pop up says "Get a chance to score rare and exceptional items from the discovery chest" I hit okay and it brings me to the chest, I'm still paying 24 gems but I guess it means I won't get a fourth place item.

NO! I highly doubt it means that at all. Do not be fooled. I'll bet my bottom dollar that you still have the same chance of getting a 4th place item (i.e. a 54% chance).

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 09:27 AM
Very true MiniLaura, I think your right about that. I won't be buying the chest, if the items don't got to my store I'm not getting them.

I've been checking the featured items too kattybell, not there, thanks for mentioning it though.

pinkster73
04-10-12, 10:10 AM
Very true MiniLaura, I think your right about that. I won't be buying the chest, if the items don't got to my store I'm not getting them.

I've been checking the featured items too kattybell, not there, thanks for mentioning it though.

I'm sure they will appear in your store if you got the pop up. I hate to say it but did you uninstall/reinstall/restart your device blah blah blah? Failing that, wait I guess.

pinkster73
04-10-12, 10:11 AM
Ps DON'T buy the chest. Minilauras right!

katekass
04-10-12, 10:12 AM
I am on ipad, i can't get the pop-up...:(

katekass
04-10-12, 10:13 AM
But on iphone, i get it..

farmer1600
04-10-12, 10:36 AM
I own 3 garden arches, 2 patio tables, 2 ranch houses, 2 jack rabbits, 1 cottage...all in order to get the villa which never came - Spent 24 gems EACH on these duplicates and triplicates and now they'll be avail. for less than half the price in some cases and none of the risk - This makes me LIVID Team Lava!!! Way to make your paying customers continually feel like total suckers😡😡😡

pinkster73
04-10-12, 10:49 AM
There's good and bad to this.

bobbyrae
04-10-12, 10:51 AM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/7aae882a.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/8747d603.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/6a73bb88.jpg

Sorry to be such a dolt, but which of the items are in the chest exactly?

nmishii
04-10-12, 10:54 AM
Sorry to be such a dolt, but which of the items are in the chest exactly?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24806-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-the-Special-Boxes-Farm-Story

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/discovery2010.jpg

JamieLynn68
04-10-12, 11:01 AM
I do not understand why they give the pop up teaser, and not the items to some of us!!! To rub it in, "Haha, see what other players get to buy today". If I wasn't one of the random players to get this opportunity, do NOT make me read the"Hooray" thing all day!!!

ZekeORama
04-10-12, 11:02 AM

TL has some marketing practices that are, to put it mildly, bizarre. It's as if you walk in to your local grocery store, and they hand a $5 off coupon to each third customer - or customers wearing a hat - or every third customer wearing a hat. Would any marketing person in the real world come up with such a cockamamie idea? Or maybe TL is trying to reinforce the idea that this is, in fact, a game, and everything about it is game-like. Why not just give us a button that plants random crops all over the farm? Sheesh.

bobbyrae
04-10-12, 11:03 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24806-The-NICE-and-(MOSTLY)-ACCURATE-Resource-for-the-Special-Boxes-Farm-Story

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStoryBoxes/discovery2010.jpg

Thanks nancy.

ZekeORama
04-10-12, 11:05 AM
There's good and bad to this.

The "good" would be that some players get a nice little new opportunity. The "bad" would be that all the other players are furious.

Way to go, TL. This makes NO sense.

sophiegurl
04-10-12, 11:11 AM
I'm at level 97 (close to 98), and haven't received this offer yet. I hope it's a slow rollout for everyone vs. a random offer for some :/ I've spent gems a number of times on the boxes...and, like everyone, not always getting what I desired from said boxes. That said, I have always wanted a blue cottage since time immemorial, so I'm hoping this offer does show up on my iphone sometime soon!

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 11:12 AM
Ps DON'T buy the chest. Minilauras right!

Yep did the whole lot...nada:(thanks. Nope won't be buying the chest, they can get stuffed.

pinkster73
04-10-12, 11:26 AM
TL has some marketing practices that are, to put it mildly, bizarre. It's as if you walk in to your local grocery store, and they hand a $5 off coupon to each third customer - or customers wearing a hat - or every third customer wearing a hat. Would any marketing person in the real world come up with such a cockamamie idea? Or maybe TL is trying to reinforce the idea that this is, in fact, a game, and everything about it is game-like. Why not just give us a button that plants random crops all over the farm? Sheesh.

Shhhhh, don't give them ideas

queentina3
04-10-12, 11:36 AM
I received the offer and want the patio set but I'm 2 gems short. I would love the blue cottage and the villa, but can't affort to purchase gems right now to get them. Bummer.

bobbyrae
04-10-12, 11:41 AM
I received the offer and want the patio set but I'm 2 gems short. I would love the blue cottage and the villa, but can't affort to purchase gems right now to get them. Bummer.

I could afford to buy the cottage...but didn't realise it was a chest item until after nmishii posted :mad: so i bought the ranch house instead, which was something I have wanted for a long time. :) and i threw in the patio set too. So although i understand the anger of those players who spent tons of gems to get the items from the chest, i'm happy for the offer...:rolleyes: (sorry guys)

pinkster73
04-10-12, 11:47 AM
For me personally I go both ways. I've spent a lot trying to get the villa but have never gotten it. So I'm disappointed that my box items aren't as special anymore. On the other hand, I was able to purchase the villa, which made my day.

queentina3
04-10-12, 11:53 AM
As soon as I saw that pop-up I thought of you pinkster. I know you replied to my wall post but wasn't this villa the one you had been clammering over??? You posted it was another one, but I really thought it was this one.

I knew you wanted that one bobbyrae, as I wanted to gift you the 2nd one I got from the box. hahahaha

I think I'll get the extra 2 gems for the patio at some point today, but there is no way I'll be able to get the blue cottage in time. I'm saving my cash these next 2 weeks as I'm buying in-line skates for me and the boys, so hubby has completely shut me off from purchasing any gems. :(

pinkster73
04-10-12, 11:56 AM
As soon as I saw that pop-up I thought of you pinkster. I know you replied to my wall post but wasn't this villa the one you had been clammering over??? You posted it was another one, but I really thought it was this one.

I knew you wanted that one bobbyrae, as I wanted to gift you the 2nd one I got from the box. hahahaha

I think I'll get the extra 2 gems for the patio at some point today, but there is no way I'll be able to get the blue cottage in time. I'm saving my cash these next 2 weeks as I'm buying in-line skates for me and the boys, so hubby has completely shut me off from purchasing any gems. :(

I love this one but its the yellow Victorian manor I've been lusting after forever.

queentina3
04-10-12, 11:58 AM
I love this one but its the yellow Victorian manor I've been lusting after forever.

Ok, now that I've seen it I remember. You kept trying and ended up with the SIGN. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe if they come out with a new summer box they'll put that one up, and even at 200 gems I can see you purchasing it.

Does anyone know the price for the vineyard that opens up at level 70? I really want that but am only at level 49 and can't see the price yet. I want to try to save up for it, so when I reach that level, I can buy it.

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 12:03 PM
The vineyard is $10,000,000.....start saving...lol

pinkster73
04-10-12, 12:03 PM
Ok, now that I've seen it I remember. You kept trying and ended up with the SIGN. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe if they come out with a new summer box they'll put that one up, and even at 200 gems I can see you purchasing it.

Does anyone know the price for the vineyard that opens up at level 70? I really want that but am only at level 49 and can't see the price yet. I want to try to save up for it, so when I reach that level, I can buy it.

It's ten million. And yes, stupid signs.

jamalo
04-10-12, 12:25 PM
Wow, this offer really is scarce, we got 4 farms at home and nobody got the offer!

MiniLaura
04-10-12, 12:41 PM
Count me as one who is extremely grateful that TL is offering these items outside of a box. The boxes are too much of a gamble for me. It is the equivalent of throwing money away as far as I am concerned.

I hope that TL continues the practice of offering box items in the store. I am much more willing to purchase gems and use them to buy exactly what I want. I'll never, ever spend real money to gamble on the boxes.

So, if you are listening TeamLava: I promise that I will buy gems if you make that Victorian Manor available to me in the store!
(I once promised to buy gems if you gave me a cat, and I did. Check your records!)

I understand why some people do not like having box items in the store. I'm sorry for what happened to them, but that doesn't change the fact that I do like it.

pinkster73
04-10-12, 12:47 PM
Count me as one who is extremely grateful that TL is offering these items outside of a box. The boxes are too much of a gamble for me. It is the equivalent of throwing money away as far as I am concerned.

I hope that TL continues the practice of offering box items in the store. I am much more willing to purchase gems and use them to buy exactly what I want. I'll never, ever spend real money to gamble on the boxes.

So, if you are listening TeamLava: I promise that I will buy gems if you make that Victorian Manor available to me in the store!
(I once promised to buy gems if you gave me a cat, and I did. Check your records!)

I understand why some people do not like having box items in the store. I'm sorry for what happened to them, but that doesn't change the fact that I do like it.

I'd like a Victorian manor too TL. Great thanks.

queentina3
04-10-12, 12:50 PM
Yikes, 10 mil. Well, only 8.5 mil to go. hahaha

LMAO @ you guys with the Victorian Manor request. It is quite pretty.

nmishii
04-10-12, 01:02 PM
Make that three for the Victorian Manor.

I bought Farm boxes twice and decided I'd rather know what I am buying. I like being offered to buy the Discovery Chest items outside of the box, although I can understand how those who spent a lot of gems trying to get specific items aren't happy about this decision.

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 01:05 PM
I love that the box items are getting offered in the store, I just want them to get offered to everyone equally. I'm so disappointed I can't purchase the blue cottage and the rabbit. If that Victorian manor gets offered in the store and I don't get the offer i might just cry...:p :(

queentina3
04-10-12, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't worry AuntyRose, that will only happen to Pinkster.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-10-12, 01:17 PM
Man, and I had a gemsale almost every day until yesterday...
I got the offer but I'm a bit undecided. I got 10 gems via planting and like the garden arch. But the ranch house is the first decent priced item in the store and I could get 6 gems fairly quickly... And I do love that cottage, but 54 gems?? Not without a sale!
No words on how long that offer will stand, is there?

ANd on a different note: I was very relieved to see the shamrock is still there. I MUST plant those I want to keep for landscaping!

jackdog23
04-10-12, 01:25 PM
I received the offer this morning and was delighted that I could get the villa...I had tried to get it before and got two ranch houses and two cottages for my efforts so for me I am happy to get the offer.

I am one of those unfortunate ones thatngetnthenweekly updates on a Tuesday which bothers me greatly when I see everyone else get the goodies before me, so the way I look at it is that it's swings and roundabouts. Fair for some and unfair for others which is a shame and it's odd and frustrating that we all do not get all the deals and updates at the same time.

I can only presume that the discovery box will be discontinued soon and if that is so I for one am looking forward to something new. Or at least having the other boxes being offered in this manner over the next few weeks.......at least then it's not a gamble and ending up with multiple 'I love mom' plaques.......

jackdog23
04-10-12, 01:27 PM
Thatngetnthenweekly should say....that get them weekly........

yanochka
04-10-12, 01:43 PM
KP, is there any update on the randomness of this offer? I would like to get some kind of communication from TL in regards to this. If I don't hear from them, this might be the last straw for me!

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 01:47 PM

:eek: Pinkster and me would have no luck if it wasn't for bad luck then!

kooky panda
04-10-12, 01:48 PM
CMs are checking with the team right now.

yanochka
04-10-12, 02:00 PM
Thanks KP!!!!!!

LilBearBakery
04-10-12, 02:27 PM
The villa is my most wanted item! :( i really hope i get the update... I got 1 labrador, 5 jack rabbits, 3 garden arches, 2 ranch houses, 3 padio tables and the cottage over time of trying to get the villa!!! :'( no more trying for me if it doesnt come in to the store... ��

pinkster73
04-10-12, 02:34 PM

Omg people would be getting wacked left right and center. I better get my Tony Soprano pics ready :$

rinklebag51
04-10-12, 02:50 PM
👿👿I do not even get a pop up nothing. This always happens to me when it is a item I want WHY OH WHY

cakeandpie
04-10-12, 02:56 PM
The boxes are too much of a gamble for me. It is the equivalent of throwing money away as far as I am concerned.
I'll never, ever spend real money to gamble on the boxes.

My sentiments exactly. Here's some other things I really want if you're listening, TL:
Stable
Clydesdale
Pig pen
Porch swing
Lop eared rabbit
Tractor
Milk bottles
Milk bucket

pee20wee
04-10-12, 03:32 PM
I get the pop up but I can't just purchase these things. Where do I go to purchase them? Do I have to click on the Discovery Chest but it says for 24 gems not the gems totals below.

Thanks,

Nicole

kooky panda
04-10-12, 03:34 PM
I get the pop up but I can't just purchase these things. Where do I go to purchase them? Do I have to click on the Discovery Chest but it says for 24 gems not the gems totals below.

Thanks,
Nicole
We are waiting on more information. If you got a pop up but the item are not in your store for gems, do not click on the discovery chest until we get more information.

lylahmae
04-10-12, 04:04 PM
This seems to have drawn a great deal of interest maybe TL should consider offering this type of thing as updates to free up developers to work on Android parity. Just a thought.

gaclack
04-10-12, 04:40 PM
Ughh... this would be a great thing for me if I hadn't gotten 2 discovery chests weeks ago... i'm much better off not knowing that I spent 48 gems on two items that are worth 26... :(

sweetstuff525
04-10-12, 05:25 PM
I didnt get the offer but do t think it's actually fair because some people open boxes numerous times in order to get what they wanted and waste gems.....not only In farm but other story games as wel
Some end up with multiple of one thing

kmyfarmer
04-10-12, 05:49 PM
I play on three devices: I pad, I phone and I pod and just the latter got the pop up which allows me to buy the items of the discovery chest from the Store. The two other devices didnt get the offer. What a bummer since the only Farm that is the one I play regularly and spend gems on is the Ipad and no offer there!!!

b3ar67
04-10-12, 06:39 PM
We are waiting on more information. If you got a pop up but the item are not in your store for gems, do not click on the discovery chest until we get more information.

Thanks. Add me to the list of people with the pop-up and no items. It is force closing now even though I've reinstalled and rebooted. I just don't hit ok.

farmer1600
04-10-12, 07:07 PM
I own 3 garden arches, 2 patio tables, 2 ranch houses, 2 jack rabbits, 1 cottage...all in order to get the villa which never came - Spent 24 gems EACH on these duplicates and triplicates and now they'll be avail. for less than half the price in some cases and none of the risk - This makes me LIVID Team Lava!!! Way to make your paying customers continually feel like total suckers😡😡😡

I see players in this thread talking about power farming in order to earn a few more gems to buy the 10 gem patio table or garden arch and 16 gem ranch house...items that I spent 24 gems EACH for and have duplicates and triplicates of!!! 😡

As a level 96 player, I missed out on the 4th level gem prize on every crop and every tree 😡 so purchasing gems with real money was my only option - The only minuscule consolation for what I spent real money on (duplicates of items I never wanted...in order to try for the 1st prize villa) was that my winnings were somewhat special...

NO MORE.

Team Lava has devalued my 'prizes' in not only rarity but also VALUE 😡

My 24 gem box prizes are now worth 10 gems!!! And can be selectively purchased - Thanks a lot TL!!! 😡

bigbux3
04-10-12, 07:09 PM
I hope they do this in all of the games!!! That's cool! But why not make all of the items 24 gems?

notesgal
04-10-12, 07:19 PM
I got the offer and was thrilled to be able to purchase the cottage which I had bought boxes trying to get. I play on a kindle, but my husband who plays on an ipad did not get the offer. Since I just got the Easter roll out today, I assumed TL was trying to make up for this late Easter release. But it looks like some ios users who got the Easter release before Easter... also got this offer.... so I am really confused.

eagle2112
04-10-12, 07:30 PM
Oh Darn. I didn't get this.

pinkster73
04-10-12, 07:34 PM

You made me lol.

bergamasque
04-10-12, 07:43 PM
No sale
No pop up

I'm frustrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beinzz
04-10-12, 07:56 PM
Clicked when opened game, and took my gems!2691! Be carfull! Did not want this! It would have been fine if I clicked and was able to purchase what I wanted, but not to click when game opens and take gems. I would rather take a chance on a chest from ( featured) and take my chances!

beinzz
04-10-12, 08:14 PM
Tried posting in bugs. Says temporarily down.

beinzz
04-10-12, 08:22 PM
Clicked when opened game and took my gems. 2692 I would think if I went to featured and click the chest and took my chances that would be fine.Or if it said this will cost you 24 gems would you like to purchace. Any way to get my gems back?

AuntyRose32
04-10-12, 08:23 PM

Lol...well said!

akocek
04-10-12, 08:40 PM
My pop up says "Get a chance to score rare and exceptional items from the discovery chest" I hit okay and it brings me to the chest, I'm still paying 24 gems but I guess it means I won't get a fourth place item. The randomness of these offers is really pathetic at this stage, the people who do want to spend the gems don't get the offer and the people who don't want to spend (or buy) gems do get the offer! It's just ridiculous and really getting on my nerves now.

TL....WAKE UP!!! You are losing money here and we all know how you love to take our money! Stop messing with people, do you all sit there thinking "hmm...how can we annoy everyone today, I know let's do this...." I'm really just sick of it hence the rant. I don't care that I have spent money opening that chest and not always got what I wanted from it, at 24 gems and now some people get to just pay once off to buy these items. I'm happy you are letting people have the chance to get what they want without having to gamble but I would really like to be one of those people. Your thinking is just not logical or consumer friendly. This is enough for me to stop recommending your games to people and you have quite a few gem buying customers thanks to me.

STOP WITH THE RANDOMNESS ON ALL OFFERS ITS PATHETIC TO SAY THE LEAST!!

@AuntyRose32 i'm getting that same message and it takes me to the discovery chest and no items are in the stores.... and i tried restarting and everything. i hope it's not just a teaser and that means the items will come to us eventually?!

yanochka
04-10-12, 08:53 PM
Well, I had the whole day to think about this, and I can honestly tell you that I'm very upset and at this moment I have no desire to continue playing. Sorry my dear neighbors, but I'm taking few days off from my two farms.

I closed my restaurant for good and will probably close my bakery soon as well, although I really liked the fairy tale items there...

pinkster73
04-10-12, 09:05 PM
Well, I had the whole day to think about this, and I can honestly tell you that I'm very upset and at this moment I have no desire to continue playing. Sorry my dear neighbors, but I'm taking few days off from my two farms.

I closed my restaurant for good and will probably close my bakery soon as well, although I really liked the fairy tale items there...

Oh no!!!! :(:(:(:(

bigbux3
04-10-12, 09:05 PM

Do you see what happens when "good" turns to bad?!

pinkster73
04-10-12, 09:10 PM
Do you see what happens when "good" turns to bad?!

Uh ya, she obviously does, that's why she's leaving.

I'm not happy about that. If I knew how to make a mad face I would.

bigbux3
04-10-12, 09:56 PM
Uh ya, she obviously does, that's why she's leaving.

I'm not happy about that. If I knew how to make a mad face I would.

Haha. Um, isn't it colon mad colon?
:mad:

pinkster73
04-10-12, 10:03 PM
Haha. Um, isn't it colon mad colon?
:mad:

I will try :mad:

pinkster73
04-10-12, 10:03 PM
Oh awesome I did it! Thanks! :mad:

jamalo
04-10-12, 10:28 PM

I understand that you are upset, sandy went on strike last year to get the gnomes back and it worked.. Really hope TL reads this and thinks about the unfairness... Personally i also paid 24 gems for a table but I can understand the fact that after 2 years they put some box items on sale to get some extra money but it is really unfair to do that to only a handfull of players completely random!

Hope TL communicates something back and really hope you start playing again after that because it is always a pleasure to drop by your beautiful farms! Good luck!

nmishii
04-10-12, 11:26 PM

I hope TL works things out, since I really enjoy having you as a neighbor and visiting your awesome farm.

jackdog23
04-11-12, 01:44 AM
I am confused.....I have the pop up....all the items are available to me via gem purchase but I am confuddled why some are saying that the Discovery chest comes up for purchase?????

When the pop up is displayed it is the Frontier chest that comes up for sale for 24 gems and then the 'featured' items follow.

If it is the discovery chest then this is out of order by tl...and is basically a con to trick folk into getting the items. A poor show.

FarmerZionLion
04-11-12, 01:55 AM
why is it the only random special offers i want lately are the ones i dont get access to, would totally get a rabbit and rancher.... sheesh... BRING BACK THE LUCKY CASTLE

MAKE ALL OFFERS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE

I do find it a tad unfair to those who bought a bunch of boxes to just sell them individually though granted, i f i had the offer i would buy and i think more money would come from people being able to buy what they want, just think the strategy is a bit off putting for those who put alot of $$ into trying to get something they could now just buy with one purchase,

FarmerZionLion
04-11-12, 02:51 AM
I do think it's funny that most peoples concern isnt with the box being made available but that it wasnt made available to everyone, i think if TL really wanted to make a good chunk of chance the randomness would go away and each box at some point in time would be made available even for a limited time like this... i know for sure there are a few boxes i just dont want anymore 4th place items from but the 1st and 2nd place items would be mine in a second if i could get them... **cough cough* zen mansion *cough cough* irritates me that i didn't get this, but then again what else is new...anything decent i seem to get bypassed on, lets hope it eventually makes it's way to my farm....

Branston73
04-11-12, 02:54 AM
This is not fair! I paid 24gems for something that you can get now for 16 gems!

hasinuss
04-11-12, 03:00 AM
I still got the pop-up but no items!! I reinstall the game but nothing happend! Very frustrating :-((((( It feels like u got a gift and the box is empty...

MiniLaura
04-11-12, 04:57 AM
:(

This needs stronger words than "oh darn!"

kooky panda
04-11-12, 05:32 AM
Clicked when opened game and took my gems. 2692 I would think if I went to featured and click the chest and took my chances that would be fine.Or if it said this will cost you 24 gems would you like to purchace. Any way to get my gems back?
We are still waiting on some answers on this .

beinzz
04-11-12, 05:41 AM
Popped up again this morning did not click it this time. 2693

lylahmae
04-11-12, 06:50 AM
We are still waiting on some answers on this .

I hope this is being taken seriously by TL because if yanochka is saying she wants to quit imagine all the people who are quitting without saying a word:(

WendingWanderer
04-11-12, 09:33 AM
Well, in one way it worked. I swore I'd never spend real money for gems, but I hate the house you can get for coins (which I've already bought, darn it), so spent $5 real cash for the Ranch House.

sourlicorice2
04-11-12, 10:40 AM
I'm ok with it being put in the store but they should have made all items 24 gems or more. I'd be a bit peeved if I spent money on the chest only to discover I could later get certain items for 10. Needless to say I ain't buying anymore boxes just on the off chance they do the same with them.

pinkster73
04-11-12, 10:47 AM
I'm ok with it being put in the store but they should have made all items 24 gems or more. I'd be a bit peeved if I spent money on the chest only to discover I could later get certain items for 10. Needless to say I ain't buying anymore boxes just on the off chance they do the same with them.

Omg an English teacher said ain't!

sourlicorice2
04-11-12, 10:55 AM

Omg an English teacher said ain't!

Lol don't worry I ain't gonna teach the kids that nonsense word or the word gonna :p like said I'm ok with having the boxes put in store but the lowest cost should have been 24 gems. I'm not going to waste anymore gems on boxes just in case they do the same with those. And that goes for all games. Though I'd love for the other boxes to follow suit I'm just no longer willing to waste gems on boxes in case they do.

sourlicorice2
04-11-12, 10:56 AM
Ok how did minilauras post get into my post above?

sourlicorice2
04-11-12, 10:56 AM
I know I clicked on reply to her message by mistake but cancelled it.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-11-12, 10:59 AM
Phew - this is the reaction I thought I'd be reading about when I saw that offer for the first time.

This whole box thing was and is a bit mad in general. It causes so much anger and frustration and is so very shortsighted, because, yes, people do gamble away a few more gems to try and get what they want but after too many stupid results a lot of them give up on boxes completely. Sellign a 4th level item for 10 gems is fair - it just shows people once more how much money they have wasted.
I think the prices for stuff are insane considering that all we are buying are tiny little images that we can't even trade and that are therefore effectively worthless (the latter was always the biggest drawback about the boxes. You have the same principle with trading cards but you can always justify spending money on them by the fact that if you do get a rare one it is actually worth something)
If someone really really wants a particular thing they will spend 70 gems. But you can probably make a lot more money by selling lots of bits for little money instead of a a few for a lot - people might buy several animals for 50 gems instead of just one for 24. Since the production cost of these 'products' is almost nil, what is the difference??

God knows how much Yanoshka spent on boxes and if she leaves for good we are all in a pickle because she's probably the most prolific (and certainly the most prominent) player of this game. I do hope she'll be back. (I was an lo and behold I even spend some more real money on this game)

This whole chestsale thing wasn't a very smart move. I think it would be great if this was the start for ditching the **** boxes altogether and create a more creative game that way where people can freely design the farms they really want to have.

kooky panda
04-11-12, 11:00 AM
I know I clicked on reply to her message by mistake but cancelled it.
If you accidentally checked the quote button by minilauras post it will pull up along with the post you are replying with quote to.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-11-12, 11:01 AM
sorry for the asterixes. I keep forgetting that this rather tame word doesn't pass the language filter. It wasn't anything sexual, just the American version of 'bloody'

sourlicorice2
04-11-12, 11:04 AM
If you accidentally checked the quote button by minilauras post it will pull up along with the post you are replying with quote to.

Thx that's actually handy to know if I want to reply to two posts at the same time. :-)

LilBearBakery
04-11-12, 11:05 AM
Kooky panda, is there any more info on if everyone is going to get the store offer? Or is it random? :(

MiniLaura
04-11-12, 11:23 AM
Ok how did minilauras post get into my post above?

You quoted me because I'm awesome.

sweetstuff525
04-11-12, 11:33 AM
I think they should eliminate this offer for everyone or if available make all this 24 gems or more......beacause that's what people paid for to get the boxes and sometimes got more of the same item....it's not fair for those who spent 24on something that 16 gems now please tl just eliminate this offer many people are quitting

newbie99
04-11-12, 11:44 AM
I am on an android tablet and I didn't get the Discovery Chest sale either. I get the popup and then a list of all the chests and not a list of items from the Discovery Chest. Also, I can't open FS. Each time, it force closes after the popup and I had to uninstall and re-install to get in.

LilBearBakery
04-11-12, 11:57 AM
I think they should eliminate this offer for everyone or if available make all this 24 gems or more......beacause that's what people paid for to get the boxes and sometimes got more of the same item....it's not fair for those who spent 24on something that 16 gems now please tl just eliminate this offer many people are quitting

I dont think it would be fair to eliminate it before everyone else gets the offer, because thats completely unfair. However, i do agree with you on the pricing. I have bought so many discovery chests and gotten a lot of duplicates (3 padio tables, 5 jack rabbits, 2 ranch houses, 3 garden arches, a cottage and a labrador) all trying to get the villa. Its very ridiculous and i regret it sooo much now. The villa is really the only item out of everything that interest me, so ill be very upset if i never get the chance to buyit in store, because i will never buy another box. I do think your right though....they shouldnt do this anymore unless the pricing is fair.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-11-12, 12:16 PM
Ok, even if I am making enemiesnow: I think the pricing of the items is perfectly fair (within the outrageous pricing of the TL games) We all knew that 4th level items are never ever worth 24 gems. The whole box thing is a gamble (and actually a pretty bad one) You risk getting less for your money while aiming for something that is worth more. And like all lotteries or games of chance the overall winner is always the bank. I bought 5 or 6 pirate chests to get what I really wanted: the floating island. I got the dog which I liked but all the rest was utterly useless rubbish that TL won't dare to sell for 10 gems. For some weird reason I accepted that in a some state of madness and because finally getting the island caused a nice adrenalin rush.

The main problem, imo, is not the pricing but the fact that people who got high level items now can no longer boast with their good luck. It's the same thing we had with the collectible gnome. If you have put value in the fact that you had items other people didn't then this offer is a bit of a slap in the face.

Personally, I like the offer although I still haven't bought anything. (Everything apart from the ranch house is just too expensive) I think the {} boxes should just go for good, but I know that's a bit like demanding water tiles or the option to delete pending neighbour invitations :-)

pinkster73
04-11-12, 12:32 PM
Ok, even if I am making enemiesnow: I think the pricing of the items is perfectly fair (within the outrageous pricing of the TL games) We all knew that 4th level items are never ever worth 24 gems. The whole box thing is a gamble (and actually a pretty bad one) You risk getting less for your money while aiming for something that is worth more. And like all lotteries or games of chance the overall winner is always the bank. I bought 5 or 6 pirate chests to get what I really wanted: the floating island. I got the dog which I liked but all the rest was utterly useless rubbish that TL won't dare to sell for 10 gems. For some weird reason I accepted that in a some state of madness and because finally getting the island caused a nice adrenalin rush.

The main problem, imo, is not the pricing but the fact that people who got high level items now can no longer boast with their good luck. It's the same thing we had with the collectible gnome. If you have put value in the fact that you had items other people didn't then this offer is a bit of a slap in the face.

Personally, I like the offer although I still haven't bought anything. (Everything apart from the ranch house is just too expensive) I think the [] boxes should just go for good, but I know that's a bit like demanding water tiles or the option to delete pending neighbour invitations :-)

Ya, what she said.

pastrychef17
04-11-12, 12:36 PM
While I personally like the ability to buy the box items, I think this move is, as someone noted, short-sighted and not well thought out. All it does is 1) make people not buy boxes again because you think they'll either do this again and it's better to wait rather than take a chance on a box, 2) infuriate the people who did spend a ton of gems on the boxes since no one probably thought they'd do this and they wanted some of those items but now they have regrets and 3) make people like me who've never bought a box in Farm plan to never buy one so they don't become like the people in #2.

The way this could have been handled better is either not do it at all or make the offer available to everyone AND make nothing below 24 gems so people who did buy the boxes beforehand get some consolation. It's odd that they even did this because it seems to signal a change in strategy on the boxes (assuming they thought this through). As in it ****s box-buying in the future because of the reasons above. So either it's a precursor of things to come, i.e. make all box items available for purchase and eventually do away with the boxes or someone thought this was a great idea and they rolled the dice. Hope it wasn't the same person or persons who thought making all the food in RS and BS sell for 4 coins was a good thing for the games - we know how lead-balloon-like that went over :).

AuntyRose32
04-11-12, 01:12 PM
I absolutely cannot believe we are still waiting on a response regarding this mess you have created TL! I don't know why I am so disbelieving given your track record for responses but I am and I'm mad as bloody hell into the bargain.

If I didn't love my iPad so much I would throw it right into the trash along with your story games. Do you know how many people are going to quit playing over this? Yanochka taking a break and considering quitting should be a good indicator for you! You are been grossly unfair about this, we loyally play your games and spend our money so I think the least you can do is let us know what you intend to do to fix this.

YOUR SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR LACK OF CONCERN FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS TL. IT DOES NOT TAKE THIS MUCH DELIBERATION TO PUT YOUR HAND UP IN THE AIR AND SAY, YES WE MESSED UP AND WE ARE SORRY AND WE WILL FIX THIS. EVERY PLAYER REGARDLESS OF THEM SPENDING MONEY ON THESE GAMES OR NOT SHOULD BE GETTING THE SAME OFFERS. RANDOMNESS IS NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS AND DOES NOT FOR HAPPY CUSTOMERS MAKE. GET IT TOGETHER TL THIS REALLY IS PATHETIC.

kooky panda
04-11-12, 02:11 PM
I did get some information, but please do not shoot the the messenger please.

It looks like the Discovery Chest offer is random.:(:( This was not an error.

JessLC06
04-11-12, 02:15 PM
I didnt get this option... Does anyone know if it just takes time?... I really want some of the items

AuntyRose32
04-11-12, 02:21 PM

Thanks kooky....I won't shoot the messenger especially not on your birthday:p

I'm really disappointed to hear this. Shame on you TL.

LilBearBakery
04-11-12, 02:22 PM

Well......this is upsetting.. :(

JessLC06
04-11-12, 02:26 PM
I would have thought the same thing but my mom is only level 69 and got this where as im level 79 and didnt... Not happy about it

beinzz
04-11-12, 02:30 PM
Mine forced closed also. Opened up game again. Clicked it then it said congradulations you got 4th place. It took 24 of my gems. You got lucky it kept force closeing.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-11-12, 03:08 PM
Thanks kooky....I won't shoot the messenger especially not on your birthday:p

I'm really disappointed to hear this. Shame on you TL.

Happy Birthday, KP.

It also doesn't say how long the offer will stand. In combination with the randomness this move seems a bit contraproductive.

pinkster73
04-11-12, 03:11 PM
Oh ouch. Why the randomness? WHY?

sophiegurl
04-11-12, 04:39 PM
I'm Farmer Sophie, lvl 97. The randomness of an offer like this is really unfair, both to people who have played the chests, and to people who would like an item from the chest, but didn't receive the offer. I fall into both categories. I haven't received it...and to be honest...I'm pretty darn ticked off at this point. If TL has "special offers", they should be extended to all players, no matter what the offer is, that's the fair thing to do. (*mumbling under my breath, things that would probably be filtered out on this site, so pppfffttt, am zipping my lips!*) Btw, Happy Bday to my neighbor KP. Btw KP, it seems you and my husband share the same bday :)

bergamasque
04-11-12, 05:25 PM
I'm Farmer Sophie, lvl 97. The randomness of an offer like this is really unfair, both to people who have played the chests, and to people who would like an item from the chest, but didn't receive the offer. I fall into both categories. I haven't received it...and to be honest...I'm pretty darn ticked off at this point. If TL has "special offers", they should be extended to all players, no matter what the offer is, that's the fair thing to do. (*mumbling under my breath, things that would probably be filtered out on this site, so pppfffttt, am zipping my lips!*) Btw, Happy Bday to my neighbor KP. Btw KP, it seems you and my husband share the same bday :)

I agree with you
It is so unfair...

MrsPamB
04-11-12, 06:08 PM
I also got a popup today, it asked me if I like Farm Story? Rate it 5 Stars!

Okay, TL. You picked a GREAT day to ask me to tell the world what I think of Farm Story, didn't you???

lylahmae
04-11-12, 06:32 PM
Where is GM? Why is TL leaving all the answering to KP? I work in retail and this is not how you treat customers! If TL looks at this thread and says nothing......really they are saying ALOT! The silence is only feeding the anger. BTW I don't care about any of the items for myself I just can't stand the way customers are being treated by this company.

pinkster73
04-11-12, 07:06 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1334196321892.png

MizCricket
04-11-12, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure everyone realizes there are 2 DIFFERENT popups. One is about the items from the chest being available for purchase in the store for a limited time. The other one is just an advertisement to buy the Discovery Box. You get one OR the other. I got the first offer on my main farm and the second offer on my other farm. Reinstalling your game, restarting, etc is not going to change the offer you got. READ the popup carefully, and DON'T EVER click OK on a popup. Close it and then go to the store to buy your items.

AuntyRose32
04-11-12, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure everyone realizes there are 2 DIFFERENT popups. One is about the items from the chest being available for purchase in the store for a limited time. The other one is just an advertisement to buy the Discovery Box. You get one OR the other. I got the first offer on my main farm and the second offer on my other farm. Reinstalling your game, restarting, etc is not going to change the offer you got. READ the popup carefully, and DON'T EVER click OK on a popup. Close it and then go to the store to buy your items.

Yes there are two kinds of pop ups but either way it's still all a load of rubbish on TL's part (no offense to you).

sweetstuff525
04-11-12, 07:42 PM
I didn't get no pop up

MizCricket
04-11-12, 07:43 PM
Yes there are two kinds of pop ups but either way it's still all a load of rubbish on TL's part (no offense to you).
I agree. I just see a lot of people freaking out because they got "the popup" but no items in the store. They didn't get "the popup"; they got the other one. It's not the first time tl has advertised a box with a popup, but it's the first time i've seen them do it in conjunction with a different offer that causes this much confusion. It's just a sleazy new gem trap if you ask me.

AuntyRose32
04-11-12, 07:50 PM
I agree. I just see a lot of people freaking out because they got "the popup" but no items in the store. They didn't get "the popup"; they got the other one. It's not the first time tl has advertised a box with a popup, but it's the first time i've seen them do it in conjunction with a different offer that causes this much confusion. It's just a sleazy new gem trap if you ask me.

Exactly. Confusion is now the name of the game!

lylahmae
04-11-12, 07:57 PM
People are freaking out because their questions go unanswered and their frustration is allowed to grow into anger which is ignored and then turns to outrage, don't you get it TL this is not about fake houses on pretend farms it is about real money and poor service.

AuntyRose32
04-11-12, 08:00 PM
Their silence speaks volumes!

sourlicorice2
04-11-12, 08:08 PM
It does. Poor Kooky is doing a great job, thx Kooky. TL needs to respond but if they haven't by now I doubt they will.

Needless to say Ill still be buying gem items but am not ever buying a mystery box from any of the games ever again just in case they decide to pull the same stunt. Why waste gems on a mystery box, hoping to get a certain item when they might put the items from it into the store at a later date.

sara6676
04-11-12, 08:37 PM
After reading 15 pages of messages from angry players I know now that I got the "wrong" popup which was advertisment only and understand why TL took 24 gems for that garden arch I never wanted. The popup text was at least misleading - I spend gems if I really want an item like the Flower Cottage, but in this case I wished there was a way to get my gems back. Dear TL, I do spend a lot of money on Farm Story but this was really annoying..

bergamasque
04-11-12, 09:14 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1334196321892.png

I Love this MSG~~

yanochka
04-11-12, 09:59 PM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/398060f0.jpg

Snapenath
04-11-12, 10:06 PM
I guess the answer is NO Yanochka.... :(

yairya99
04-12-12, 12:02 AM
I have spent a lot of money on these boxes for all the games.except farm story. Because it seems that you get more booby prizes from the boxes in this game then you do in any other game.I think I bought one box from farm story in a whole year. When I saw the I love mom sign and the tractor sign,not to mention the duck crossing .I made up my mind then to stay away from farm storyboxes.so I think this is a good Idea .I just hope its offered to everyone.I don't mind spending a lot on gem Items if its something I want. So that's why on FS I only buy from the designtab.honestly I think more people buy the boxes. If they did away with the booby prizes.

DerGelbeKaiser
04-12-12, 06:00 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yanochka, I hereby declare my everlasting love to you!!!

I have tosay, though, about the listening: Last time I checked TL games had downloads. Now a lot of people have downloaded everything (like me to get the gems and/or to try the games), played a few then maybe left so God knows how many active players are left. But that still leaves thousands comapered to the bare, dunno, hundred of us (?) that are yapping on this forum. I guess the only thing they look at are the numbers on their account (and maybe some item ideas - although I don't think any farm player ever asked for a pirate ship...) As long as the numbers are good why change the style? There'll always be new players to fill the gap.
Well, except the one that Yanochka might leave... :-/

AuntyRose32
04-12-12, 06:31 AM
Nicely done Yanochka:) Isn't it amazing how the horrible bouncing stars can be pushed out to all the games but not the chance at buying something from the discovery chest in the store though. So the answer is still NO TL DO NOT LISTEN.

queentina3
04-12-12, 06:43 AM
All I can do is shake my head. Bad move TL. I know I won't be buying anymore boxes in any of the games, no matter how much I may want something. This whole situation just leaves me with a feeling of being slapped, even though I got the offer, too many of my neighbors/friends didn't and I feel I have to stand by them.

pinkster73
04-12-12, 07:51 AM
I love it Yanochka!!

SIT1234
04-12-12, 02:20 PM
As I ever said... TL wants all our best: OUR MONEY!!! No support, only advertising...
I also spend a ton for gems but I hate this random-offer-stuff and this chest thing too!
I think TL will lost a lot of players who pays real money... Playing this game without boxes
And weekly offers for all would be better to earn money for a long time with happy costumers!!!
Your silence s u c k s!!!

SIT1234
04-12-12, 02:23 PM
Oh and thanks for the Mail that I shall not write my opinion to the forum!!! Thanks ;-) its the only thing I ever heard from TL!

DerGelbeKaiser
04-12-12, 03:23 PM
Hm...here's another heresy: I think the mansion looks much better than the villa
*ducks behind the swan statuette- hur dur*

nmishii
04-12-12, 06:35 PM
Hm...here's another heresy: I think the mansion looks much better than the villa
*ducks behind the swan statuette- hur dur*

I agree. I didn't get the villa. I'm holding out for the Victorian Manor. Hope it is offered outside the box.

beinzz
04-12-12, 06:59 PM
I clicked this 2696 for the discovery chest. First time i clicked it forced closed. Reloaded clicked it again and it said "congratulations! You received 4th place!" Game loaded after that and 24 of my gems were gone! I posted on this forum and got a reply saying "we are working on it". Did not hear anything back. I created a ticket #321288 and got a reply back about an hour ago saying sorry but we have no way to reimburse you! This was my reply "So if you were in the business of selling eggs, and half a dozen were broke, or bad you could not reimburse me? I have a really hard time believing that! You wrote the code for the game, and cannot make anything happen in your system! Well, if you cannot reimburse me, then you need to figure it out and make right! You tried something, and it did not work out the way you hoped. It worked for Apple products, but not Android. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26986-Discovery-Chest-items-available-for-purchase-in-the-store!!! I clicked your advertisement again after first force close and it took 24 of my gems. You need to read your forum to see what is going on! When you are in business everything is a gamble! I know. I have gambled eveyday with.my own. Let me tell ya if I ran my business like this I would be out of business! When you gamble, you win or you lose. All I ask, is make it right!" Ticket #321288

AuntyRose32
04-12-12, 07:06 PM
What do you mean by "it worked for apple products but not android"?

nmishii
04-12-12, 08:24 PM
I clicked this 2696 for the discovery chest. First time i clicked it forced closed. Reloaded clicked it again and it said "congratulations! You received 4th place!" Game loaded after that and 24 of my gems were gone! I posted on this forum and got a reply saying "we are working on it". Did not hear anything back. I created a ticket #321288 and got a reply back about an hour ago saying sorry but we have no way to reimburse you! This was my reply "So if you were in the business of selling eggs, and half a dozen were broke, or bad you could not reimburse me? I have a really hard time believing that! You wrote the code for the game, and cannot make anything happen in your system! Well, if you cannot reimburse me, then you need to figure it out and make right! You tried something, and it did not work out the way you hoped. It worked for Apple products, but not Android. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26986-Discovery-Chest-items-available-for-purchase-in-the-store!!! I clicked your advertisement again after first force close and it took 24 of my gems. You need to read your forum to see what is going on! When you are in business everything is a gamble! I know. I have gambled eveyday with.my own. Let me tell ya if I ran my business like this I would be out of business! When you gamble, you win or you lose. All I ask, is make it right!" Ticket #321288

The popups are different. The one where you can buy items in the Discovery Chest for gems is in Post 1.

Your popup says you can buy the chest.

When you clicked okay, you agreed to buy the Discovery Chest. That is why it took 24 gems and gave you a random prize. You need to click the X in the upper right corner to not buy the chest.

This is really poor on TL's part to mislead people into automatically buying a chest for 24 gems for a random prize that, at the same time, others have the option of buying the prize they want in the chest for gems. TL's practice is to not have a confirmation so that once you see what is really happening, you can exit out.

I doubt you'll get your gems back. Sorry.

sibl
04-13-12, 08:45 AM
Dear players and neighbors,
after reading 17 pages of comments I've decided to write also my opinion. The main idea of all Story games was to socialize,to help and to create a little stress free surrounding for all of us. That's the reason we all are playing these games. Through FS I met wonderful people and some of them are now my real life friends. With all the new distructive issues besides TL (randomness, moneymaking) my neighborhood is in serious problems. If injustice comes into a game, neighbors are disappointed,sad,frustrated and angry. Many of my neighbors are asking me: Why did you get the offer and not me?*
Now i feel very bad that i got the Discovery Chest offer and bought a villa.It gives me bitter taste, instead of being happy about it. I wish that all my neighbors and players have the same opportunity like I have. *The new TL issues *realy are not helpful for a healthy neighborship relation.*
But if injustice, fraud and geer is infiltrating this game besides TL, than maybe it's time to stop playing or protesting. Our lovely, creative and dear friend Yanochka stopped already. And we all know with what a great passion she played the games. So let's all think what we can do. What do you think?
We shouldn't just stay inactive like TL and GM.*
Thank you of taking time to read my post. Stay all healthy and happy. My best wishes to all of us.

PS: I've started a new game with my FS neighbor friend. Green Farm 2. Very social, very gracefull (you can send every item as a gift from inventory/store). Has still some major problems. But as I can see, there are also positive farming games. :))

pinkster73
04-13-12, 08:53 AM
after reading 17 pages of comments I've decided to write also my opinion. The main idea of all Story games was to socialize,to help and to create a little stress free surrounding for all of us. That's the reason we all are playing these games. Through FS I met wonderful people and some of them are now my real life friends. With all the new distructive issues besides TL (randomness, moneymaking) my neighborhood is in serious problems. If injustice comes into a game, neighbors are disappointed,sad,frustrated and angry. Many of my neighbors are asking me: Why did you get the offer and not me?*
Now i feel very bad that i got the Discovery Chest offer and bought a villa.It gives me bitter taste, instead of being happy about it. I wish that all my neighbors and players have the same opportunity like I have. *The new TL issues *realy are not helpful for a healthy neighborship relation.*
But if injustice, fraud and geer is infiltrating this game besides TL, than maybe it's time to stop playing or protesting. Our lovely, creative and dear friend Yanochka stopped already. And we all know with what a great passion she played the games. So let's all think what we can do. What do you think?
Thank you of taking time to read my post. Stay all healthy and happy. My best wishes to all of us.

PS: I've started a new game with my FS neighbor friend. Green Farm 2. Very social, very gracefull (you can send every item as a gift from inventory/store). Has still some major problems. But as I can see, there are also positive farming games. :))

I too feel guilty about my villa. I didn't realize it was a random offer. If I hadn't gotten the offer I would have FREAKED. I understand how people feel. The randomness is creating a toxic feel.

AuntyRose32
04-13-12, 09:23 AM

Well said. It does take away from the socializing of the game by feeling left out that your neighbour got offered something that you didn't. To all of you that got the discovery chest offer and bought an item from it in your store, there is no reason to feel guilty or bad about it. I say good for you, I didn't get the offer and am disappointed by that so I'm glad that there are at least some farmers who aren't feeling like me. Apart from doing what Yanochka has done (which is absolutely terrible that she has been forced into taking such measures) sadly I don't think there is anything else that we can do about this problem. TL's unwillingness to rectify this issue is appalling and I say shame on them. If they are not going to listen to customer feedback well....it's obvious they don't care. So I for one am having a hard time deciding what I need to do but I'm definetly getting less and less enjoyment from this game.

pinkster73
04-13-12, 09:54 AM
Well said. It does take away from the socializing of the game by feeling left out that your neighbour got offered something that you didn't. To all of you that got the discovery chest offer and bought an item from it in your store, there is no reason to feel guilty or bad about it. I say good for you, I didn't get the offer and am disappointed by that so I'm glad that there are at least some farmers who aren't feeling like me. Apart from doing what Yanochka has done (which is absolutely terrible that she has been forced into taking such measures) sadly I don't think there is anything else that we can do about this problem. TL's unwillingness to rectify this issue is appalling and I say shame on them. If they are not going to listen to customer feedback well....it's obvious they don't care. So I for one am having a hard time deciding what I need to do but I'm definetly getting less and less enjoyment from this game.

It's not only not rectifying anything, it's the total lack of response. Zero comment. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Silence.

AuntyRose32
04-13-12, 09:57 AM
It's not only not rectifying anything, it's the total lack of response. Zero comment. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Silence.

Exactly.

jamalo
04-13-12, 10:20 AM
Totally agreed. And it looked liked they were on the right track with twitter and more info on the forum and blogs, also it looked like recent updates had more coin items and always new crop or tree. Also the initiative of making some box items available to all players few years after introduction of the box is a very good idea.. If it wasn't for this randomness i would say well done teamlava but now everyone seems disappointed... Would love to hear Teamlava reacting on this forum thread...

hectorloch
04-13-12, 10:53 AM

Come on now, let's be fair; in comparative terms when we've been looking for answers from TL, there's been an avalanche of words in response here. Although it was left to the lovely if luckless Mrs Kooky to convey these words, they were in relation to the random aspect "This was not an error". See #130.

As to the fact that they are now selling randomly a wooden tea set at 10 gems when players had to gamble 24 gems - many times perhaps - to get one, not to mention the coveted top prizes now openly available like they were in some car boot sale, there has indeed been silence. But again to be fair, what else could happen ? I'm sure you must have noticed in life that those suffering from deep shame aren't really able to say anything much at all.

I have about 200 sheds now. I think I'll need to bring forward my Training and Seminar Project for TL Staff. The sheds are all joined together to create the Centre. The whole area is surrounded by trees to give privacy - we're sensitive to needs here as I'm sure you'll agree some courses you just don't want others knowing you're having to attend ! Embarrassing. Everything is slanted towards reality education; even the trees, let me think now, ah yes, those well known arboreal delights - Sugar Apple Trees.

There are 52 weekly courses and I will invite you to suggest the seminar and training topics you feel TL Staff would most benefit from. I then fill these in as you suggest them so that we can see the Schedule and the improvements we might expect over the next year.

I'd put the thread up now but there's been an unfortunate delay. As the author I had taken the liberty of suggesting a few topics myself.

hectorloch
04-13-12, 10:58 AM
.... One of them was going to be on the subject of "The Customer". However, I've had to hold this over because when the medics reviewed the plan they said such would be the shock among TL Staff that I'd best have a complete Resuscitation Team on hand. So, quotes are out. More when I have it.

hectorloch
04-13-12, 11:03 AM
... I wouldn't like you to think I was completely heartless and so I had it planned that we'd wait until Week 27 before embarking upon the wholly more advanced topic of, yes, "The Paying Customer". However, I've been told that in addition to a Resuscitation Unit - although two units would be safer that week - such would be the deep shock and surprise encountered by our Students, I'd need to have a complete one on one Therapy Team on hand.

Happy Farming.

We're Listening :)

pinkster73
04-13-12, 11:22 AM
"The customer"??? Hector, that's crazy talk.

WendingWanderer
04-13-12, 11:23 AM
The randomness factor is appalling - in all it's aspects, not just regarding the chest offer. All offers should be made to all customers.

I admit, getting the ranch house (actually paid real money for the gems to buy it) made up a bit for the stupid heart dragon that I accidently-thumb-brush-bought for 24 gems when I had no intention of buying anything from any chest.

An idea - make all chest items available in the store as well as in the chest. Those who want to gamble to get a very valuable item for possibly fewer gems can do so, the rest of us can pay the price and be sure of what we're getting.

Possibly put the chests up a month or six before the items go into the store. People who want the items right away can gamble for them, the rest of us can wait patiently, knowing that our turn will eventually come.

Making sure that ALL of it is offered to EVERYONE.

sibl
04-13-12, 01:00 PM
Dear Hector, Sorry but i didn't understand a thing. Maybe I'm not so good in English.

hectorloch
04-13-12, 01:13 PM
Dear Hector, Sorry but i didn't understand a thing. Maybe I'm not so good in English.

Really, Sibel. That's maybe just as well :)

GroupMagma
04-13-12, 01:38 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this deal (as many of you have surmised) was only sent out to a limited amount of users. Based on how many people liked and participated in this sale, it (or similar sales) may be repeated in the future. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

jamalo
04-13-12, 02:31 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this deal (as many of you have surmised) was only sent out to a limited amount of users. Based on how many people liked and participated in this sale, it (or similar sales) may be repeated in the future. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Since a lot of people complained about this one, can you try to make this sale available to everyone asap? That would be a big help!

hectorloch
04-13-12, 02:34 PM
"Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this deal (as many of you have surmised) was only sent out to a limited amount of users. Based on how many people liked and participated in this sale, it (or similar sales) may be repeated in the future. Please let me know if you have any other questions." Group Magma

Bravo. Excellent news - just what everyone was hoping to hear.

jamalo
04-13-12, 02:39 PM
Bravo. Excellent news - just what everyone was hoping to hear.

Lol, that sounds very serious haha...

sunstorm01
04-13-12, 02:43 PM
Is this going to happen in restaurant? Oo I hope so!

sweetstuff525
04-13-12, 02:46 PM
The thing that is wrong here I not that it was offered to random ayers ...we all know by now tl motto is randomness
But the thing that some items are less than 24 gems every item should be atleast 24 gems

ButterPanda
04-13-12, 03:13 PM
Since a lot of people complained about this one, can you try to make this sale available to everyone asap? That would be a big help!

Thanks for the suggestion well forward it to our devs.

ariesblu
04-13-12, 03:28 PM
The randomness factor is appalling - in all it's aspects, not just regarding the chest offer. All offers should be made to all customers.

I admit, getting the ranch house (actually paid real money for the gems to buy it) made up a bit for the stupid heart dragon that I accidently-thumb-brush-bought for 24 gems when I had no intention of buying anything from any chest.

An idea - make all chest items available in the store as well as in the chest. Those who want to gamble to get a very valuable item for possibly fewer gems can do so, the rest of us can pay the price and be sure of what we're getting.

Possibly put the chests up a month or six before the items go into the store. People who want the items right away can gamble for them, the rest of us can wait patiently, knowing that our turn will eventually come.

Making sure that ALL of it is offered to EVERYONE.

This is a great idea. Though I don't think that the items offered in the store should be overly inflated in price, but having the ability to just buy it instead of getting something you do not care for at all (like a little I heart sign) would be great.

yanochka
04-13-12, 04:21 PM
Thank you for your "timely" response TL. It's a little too late and it's not good enough. All I can say at this point, is that I am still very upset with your decision. I also decided not to purchase any more boxes. I have plenty of inventory to decorate 100 farms over...and if I like something in the store, I will buy it there.

So, if anyone in the future purchases any new boxes, please take pictures of the new items, so we can update the special boxes thread.

Thanks everyone for your support, it means a lot to me!!!!! I'm back on my farm redecorating, so stop by if you get a chance.

pinkster73
04-13-12, 04:25 PM
Thank you for your "timely" response TL. It's a little too late and it's not good enough. All I can say at this point, is that I am still very upset with your decision. I also decided not to purchase any more boxes. I have plenty of inventory to decorate 100 farms over...and if I like something in the store, I will buy it there.

So, if anyone in the future purchases any new boxes, please take pictures of the new items, so we can update the special boxes thread.

Thanks everyone for your support, it means a lot to me!!!!! I'm back on my farm redecorating, so stop by if you get a chance.

Yay!!!!!!! For you not leaving.

lylahmae
04-13-12, 07:08 PM

I agree with too late and not good enough. I can't believe that was it. If you do something that causes an angry mob with torches and pitchforks to gather on your lawn you do not come out on the porch wave hello and say "yeah, we did that on purpose and we might do it again ".

pinkster73
04-13-12, 07:15 PM
I agree with too late and not good enough. I can't believe that was it. If you do something that causes an angry mob with torches and pitchforks to gather on your lawn you do not come out on the porch wave hello and say "yeah, we did that on purpose and we might do it again ".

Ha ha, excellent paraphrasing.

FarmerZionLion
04-13-12, 07:17 PM
here's hoping i get one of these offers in the near future...i don't think there is a single box out there without at least one thing i want from it but won't gamble anymore than i already have to get them... if these do roll out my gem spending is going to skyrocket

WendingWanderer
04-13-12, 07:43 PM
I was dithering back and forth about buying a dog - the yellow lab. The only dog available that I like. 54 gems is a lot (I'd have to spend real money to get them), but I like the dog...

Now the dog is gone without warning, and I don't have to think about it any more. AND I didn't spend the money.

viviansmo
04-13-12, 07:57 PM
I rather glad I missed the whole thing while vacationing... After reading this entire thread, my heart stopped when yanochka said she was taking a break and started beating again with this post:

Glad you will still be farming and decorating. It would've been a terrible loss to the whole community. Sincerely.

AuntyRose32
04-13-12, 08:09 PM

Not so much a question, more of a request....Please don't be bothered to repeat this sale (or similar sales) in the future if it's going to be RANDOM. There was nothing wrong with the sale, the sale was great is a matter of fact. What was wrong was the RANDOMNESS of the sale. A very obscure response to such a heated issue TL, I'm starting to wish you just kept ignoring us. It's insulting and offensive that you think this is any kind of response at all. I'm sorry GM but this doesn't cut it, at least not for me. Again I'm going to say, shame on you TL.

kooky panda
04-13-12, 08:32 PM
I was dithering back and forth about buying a dog - the yellow lab. The only dog available that I like. 54 gems is a lot (I'd have to spend real money to get them), but I like the dog...

Now the dog is gone without warning, and I don't have to think about it any more. AND I didn't spend the money.

yes it looks like this offer has been removed from my game too.

ariesblu
04-14-12, 12:03 AM
Not so much a question, more of a request....Please don't be bothered to repeat this sale (or similar sales) in the future if it's going to be RANDOM. There was nothing wrong with the sale, the sale was great is a matter of fact. What was wrong was the RANDOMNESS of the sale. A very obscure response to such a heated issue TL, I'm starting to wish you just kept ignoring us. It's insulting and offensive that you think this is any kind of response at all. I'm sorry GM but this doesn't cut it, at least not for me. Again I'm going to say, shame on you TL.
I concur.

hectorloch
04-14-12, 02:39 AM

Ha ha, excellent paraphrasing.

Yes, it was a masterpiece; words that just captured the moment ;)

jamalo
04-14-12, 03:46 AM
yes it looks like this offer has been removed from my game too.

Lets try and stay positive.. They removed it from your game because they are giving it to every player tonight!! At least thats what i hope for....

AuntyRose32
04-14-12, 06:01 AM
Lets try and stay positive.. They removed it from your game because they are giving it to every player tonight!! At least thats what i hope for....

I hope your not holding your breath.....!:eek:

peteralan
04-14-12, 06:35 AM
I have been trying to get the tractor/shed and I am on
level 42 and don't seem to be getting anywhere.TL dont seem to help much

queentina3
04-14-12, 07:32 AM

That is the problem with the randomness GM, many people that get these things DON'T want them and the ones that DO want them don't get them, so any statistics that TL is hoping to receive are going to be skewed. There have been many items I would have purchased but I didn't get the offer, and some of the offers I did get I wouldn't buy even with the few coins I get in the game, and I'm sure there are tons of others that feel the same way. TL would make MORE money if they just offered these things to everyone at the start, and that includes the weekly limited random offer.

ariesblu
04-14-12, 09:26 AM
It's nice to be positive, but one also should be realistic. Also, people just want to be treated fairly, so it's hard to try and be positive all the time when tl is purposefully unfair and takes so long to respond to an issue (if they ever do).

DerGelbeKaiser
04-14-12, 03:01 PM
The thing that is wrong here I not that it was offered to random ayers ...we all know by now tl motto is randomness
But the thing that some items are less than 24 gems every item should be atleast 24 gems

I said it before in this thread: the 4th level items are simply not worth 24 gems. The boxes are a gamble. That's the whole point.
The randomness has been annoying since I started this game. They've ditched the 'free offers' so it's no longer quite as obvious but some people have missed out on items they really really wanted even before the 'chest sale'

Lucky for TL they have such good designers and such a good crop system!

mattyboo1
06-23-12, 02:41 PM
They exceptional items cost like 100 gems

nmishii
06-23-12, 02:45 PM
They exceptional items cost like 100 gems

Where did you get that number from?

The first page of this thread shows the Villa cost 79 gems outside the box. The Bakery Candy Carousel is valued at 70 gems.

Chocolit
06-27-12, 07:50 PM
My humble opinion is that it isn't very right or fair to those people who forked out 24 gems for the chest earlier in hope of getting a rare collectible but now find it can be available for limited time in the store at a cheaper price - items like the Garden Arch, Patio Table and Ranch House - all going for under 24 gems a piece. Conversely, the other items are grossly over priced - Labrador, Villa (in this limited period offer) and St Bernard, Afternoon Tea (in an earlier limited period Store offer).

Would be good to re-think your gem pricing - limited time Store offers, TL, as there are seemly more upset players and appleased players in these money churning strategies which in the long run has adverse bottom line impact.