PDA

View Full Version : RS Classic version is not up to date concerning Unicode!

patriziaf
04-10-12, 12:35 AM
Today I was asked to go back to RS classic version, I did it but this version is not up to date, it is a step back if compared to Valentine version and also Fashion Story: it doesn't read the new emojis, in other words it doesn't support the new Unicode 6.0!

kooky panda
04-10-12, 05:13 AM
The pop up about the valentine version is an advance notice preparing players that this version will be removed shortly, but until their is a manual update in the app store for the regular version, keep playing the valentine version.

LuigiLandia
04-10-12, 05:54 AM
Thank Kooky!!
Will there be something like a "forum alert" when the classic versions of TL games will have an update on the AppStore or should we just check the store from time to time?

patriziaf
04-10-12, 03:17 PM
The pop up about the valentine version is an advance notice preparing players that this version will be removed shortly, but until their is a manual update in the app store for the regular version, keep playing the valentine version.

Excuse me Kooky Panda, I don't understand your answer: this is a clear invitation from TeamLava to install the classic version..

https://img.skitch.com/20120411-pkdadmqw7rh1hh44c381sujwi7.jpg

kooky panda
04-10-12, 03:47 PM
Thank Kooky!!
Will there be something like a "forum alert" when the classic versions of TL games will have an update on the AppStore or should we just check the store from time to time?

Not sure, but I and other are stalking the itunes store for manual updates for the regular versions.

Excuse me Kooky Panda, I don't understand your answer: this is a clear invitation from TeamLava to install the classic version..

https://img.skitch.com/20120411-pkdadmqw7rh1hh44c381sujwi7.jpg

I did check with the community managers and this pop up was an advance alert that the game will become unsupported, but that this is the current version to play until the regular version gets an manual update.

kooky panda
04-10-12, 04:48 PM
confirmation from DW on staying on the valentine version

I recommend playing from the Valentine version until the main version receives a version update. At this time, the Valentine version has more bug fixes than the main version, so it's best to play from the Valentine version to reduce the number of issues you may experience. In-app purchases have been disabled in the Valentine version, so if you need to purchase Gems/CCash, you can do so from the main version and then continue to play from the Valentine version.

HmongVillager
04-10-12, 04:49 PM
Not sure, but I and other are stalking the itunes store for manual updates for the regular versions.

I did check with the community managers and this pop up was an advance alert that the game will become unsupported, but that this is the current version to play until the regular version gets an manual update.

Lol im one of the "others" :p

LuigiLandia
04-11-12, 09:50 AM
In-app purchases have been disabled in the Valentine version, so if you need to purchase Gems/CCash, you can do so from the main version and then continue to play from the Valentine version

Mmmhhh, not true though... I can STILL buy gems from both RS & BS Valentine versions!!

LuigiLandia
04-11-12, 09:58 AM

Well, you can count me in, Kooky, 'cause I'm checking the AppStore very often too!!
Shall I post here if something appears on it?!

kooky panda
04-11-12, 10:10 AM
Well, you can count me in, Kooky, 'cause I'm checking the AppStore very often too!!
Shall I post here if something appears on it?!
post here and shoot me a PM in case I am dozing and miss it. lol

GroupMagma
04-16-12, 01:26 PM
I can confirm that updates for the regular versions will be out relatively soon. Thanks everyone for your patience.

bobbyrae
04-25-12, 10:13 AM
I can confirm that updates for the regular versions will be out relatively soon. Thanks everyone for your patience.

If it isn't yet ready and won't be this week, would you please consider removing the annoying pop up that keeps telling us to download the regular version? Please? It is causing a lot of confusion.

DAmanding
04-25-12, 12:25 PM
and please have emoji available in the new classic version. :)

ultrafrog
04-25-12, 01:26 PM
Ugh. Why even have multiple versions? Yeah, rhetorical question I know why they do it. Just creates MORE bugs that people have to deal with.

patriziaf
04-27-12, 08:00 PM
Good news, the new emojis and symbols of unicode 6.0 work on RS Regular version 1.5 (from the 26th of april 2012). But there is a problem with posting on your own wall (and no problem with posting on other players' walls). But that's another thread.