PDA

View Full Version : Black screen crashing

Camillo2
04-09-12, 11:26 PM
At least once, sometimes 2 or 3 times during play on FS I crash - not with an "oh darn!" but with a black screen followed by back to iPad home screen.

I play on an iPad (1) running latest iOS and with latest version of FS.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? I don't get it with any other game - including other TL games.

Thanks,
Cam

MiniLaura
04-10-12, 05:06 AM
I hate to say it, but it's probably your device. I had the same problem until I upgraded to a new iPad. First generation iPads just don't have the computing power of newer tablets and phones.

Try force-closing all other apps (pull up multitasking bar, hold finger on an app icon in the bar until it wiggles, hit red circle. Do for all apps in multitasking bar.) That might help. A little. Maybe.

Chocolit
04-10-12, 05:06 AM
Happens very often in past fortnight during peak hour watering after water reset. Also running on iPads1 and iPhone4 on IOS 5.1 and FS version like you.

MiniLaura
04-10-12, 05:08 AM
Did you notice more crashing after you upgraded to iOS 5.0? I certainly did. That iOS version does not seem to play nicely with iPad 1s.

Camillo2
04-10-12, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the replies.

MiniLaura - you could be right about the memory...I already tried force-closing all other apps & also cleared out cache, it helped a tiny bit...for a while...but then started up again...

It definitely started sometime after I upgraded to iOS 5... and it started off happening when I visited one nbr in particular...that nbr has loads of stuff on her farm...lots to load up, I guess...? Now it happens with one or two other nbrs too. I noticed it is always nbrs with large, complex farm designs rather than the small ones with mainly crops.

Looks like I might need to save up for a new iPad!

kooky panda
04-10-12, 10:59 AM
You can also try emailing support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game to see if you are having a specific issue. ( you are on regular farm version no holiday versions right?)