PDA

View Full Version : RS Pet Peeves

GrrlPlant
04-09-12, 01:47 PM
My biggest pet peeve in RS is when tables are full. Now before you jump down my throat, I realize a lot of people only sign on once a day and don't always have time to clear. But when it gets annoying is when they only have a handful of tables. It's even worse when you go to gift and they're full, signifying they have more than 20 friends. How do you expect 20+ people to tip on three tables!?! :confused:

What' your biggest pet peeve? Maybe, if enough people read this, we can end some of them!

HmongVillager
04-09-12, 01:51 PM
When people tell me to add them and not leaving tips and not even a small introduction.

pastrychef17
04-09-12, 02:58 PM
When people tell me to add them and not leaving tips and not even a small introduction.

That, especially people who send an invite using my storm ID from the forum but don't visit or tip or write on my wall. And random community members who write the "add me" post right above MY wall post that says I'm not adding new neighbors. Even if I was adding neighbors, which I'm not, I wouldn't add anyone who doesn't bother to read my wall. If they don't read it for that, they're not likely to read it for when I write a request on my wall.

My only other pet peeve is when my neighbors write their request on my wall which is the exact same thing they've already written the day before (and the day before that) which I've kept on my wall so I know what to gift them but they write the same thing anyway, thus burying my own posts. So I suspect they just cut and paste and don't bother reading my wall to see they've already left the same exact message in previous days.

But these are minor - if I ever become irritated enough with the game where something actually bothers me for more than 2 seconds, I'd take a break from it for as long as it takes to remember it's just a game :).

DAmanding
04-09-12, 05:28 PM

When someone does all of that and then they try adding me AGAIN after I already declined!!!!!

kahlan531
04-09-12, 05:32 PM
My pet peeve is how some of the "ingredients" shown when you cook or prepare the recipes don't make sense. (Although, who even looks at that anymore. I just tap-tap, tap, tap.)

Who puts a fresh carrot into the stew (Irish stew) just before serving? Or, why are the ingredients for one of the sushi recipes the same as for the turducken? Haha. There are more silly ones, but I can't think of them now...

portiaandluis
04-09-12, 05:54 PM
If ppl like myself are getting ur storm ID from a forum like this they are working thru a massive amt of ids. They are not trying to get "acquainted" with you so no intro. They r just looking for some ppl to swap gifts with, but everyone gets something different out of this "game".

portiaandluis
04-09-12, 06:03 PM
Reason y ppl may re-rqst for u to add the: a. Ppl r giving u the benefit of the doubt that maybe ur finger slipped b. ppl got ur name from the forum and feel like u are interested in the game. C. Ppl wonder y u didn't accept their rqst. I used 2 b a traveling saleswoman and it is true that ppl don't state their "true" objections up front. This is where the term "buyers r liars" comes from. N e way the person is not welcome 2 join ur "exclusive club". They can respect that and move on.

pastrychef17
04-09-12, 06:49 PM
If ppl like myself are getting ur storm ID from a forum like this they are working thru a massive amt of ids. They are not trying to get "acquainted" with you so no intro. They r just looking for some ppl to swap gifts with, but everyone gets something different out of this "game".

The problem is there is an add me forum on this board where it would be more appropriate to add those storm IDs because those people are actually looking for neighbors and would be more apt to accept. Rather than id

pastrychef17
04-09-12, 06:51 PM
Oops, hit enter too soon - meant to say rather than randomly adding anyone who posts on the forum. I state over and over again that I'm not adding neighbors but I get invites every.single.day, sometimes more than one, sometimes from the same person I've already declined. So I keep declining and will keep declining.

mingboo
04-10-12, 01:10 AM
Oops, hit enter too soon - meant to say rather than randomly adding anyone who posts on the forum. I state over and over again that I'm not adding neighbors but I get invites every.single.day, sometimes more than one, sometimes from the same person I've already declined. So I keep declining and will keep declining.

that is why i think TL should rid the id as username. They should let us pick our own username so that ppl will not be able to come to the forum to "steal" ids. I do not know the reason for TL for showing our ids in the forum...

SnoEternal
04-10-12, 01:45 PM
My pet peeve is when people ask me to add them(so I send them an invite of course) and then they just decline my invitation. Why did they ask if they didnt want me to be their neighbor? sigh...

yairya99
04-10-12, 02:38 PM
There are two things that bother me.the first one is the neighhbors that decline your request for parts and then turn around and send you a request .the second one is when people put add me to my wall just above my wall post with my ID. I guess I am a odd ball because I really don't want people posting on my wall .And if they can't take the time. To read the only post on my wall then they don't really want an invite.

ultrafrog
04-10-12, 02:47 PM
How can you tell that someone declined your request for parts?

Also, it's fine to skip tipping if the tables are full, I won't get mad.

sehana
04-10-12, 02:51 PM
ummm I don't really have a pet peeve against players, as I'm probably one of those people that is on at least a few people's list of pet peeves, LOL :p
There are too many ways of people play the game that it's hard enough to keep track. On top of what my current situation is, I just can't remember what each person's request is.

My pet peeves are to the game options itself, but I guess that would be another category :p

whitedoula
04-10-12, 03:01 PM
When people start getting bossy about what kind of presents they want to receive. I had to delete a few people who were pretty demanding about wanting certain types of things... All I could think was "It's a GIFT! How rude!" It is impossible to keep track of exactly what everyone wants to have, so instead of accidentally offending people by sending them food/whatever, I chose to take them off my list. I had one person totally snap at me in a really mentally unstable kind of way after I sent them the wrong kind of gift, and that was that.

pastrychef17
04-10-12, 04:04 PM
When people start getting bossy about what kind of presents they want to receive.

I have a few neighbors who other people might consider bossy because they list what they want just about every day on my wall. For the most part I don't really mind as it takes the guess work out of what to gift them but I do start to mind when I fulfill their specific request but they ignore my request to them and gift what they want instead. I don't even ask for anything specific all that often other than something like "any part except the Easter parts is fine" but when I do, I mostly ask it of the people who specifically ask me for things more often than not. The gifting aspect of the game is more about reciprocity so if I take the time to send the specific gifts my neighbors ask for, I expect they would do the same. For the most part, most of them do. For those who don't, I use the decline button.

cakeandpie
04-10-12, 04:22 PM
I'm at level 96. I have more food than I'll sell in a year and about 75 or so counters taking up tons of space. I do not want more food! My pet peeve is neighbors who keep gifting me food day after day even when I have mentioned multiple times that I have WAY too much food and do not want anymore, and to please send parts.

hunny124
04-10-12, 04:28 PM
Mine would be when they send you a message telling you that they tipped you and to make sure I tip back them back please..but when I do they only have 6 tables to leave a tip on..actually this is more funny then a peeve..lol

cakeandpie
04-10-12, 04:35 PM
Oops...I forgot I was in the restaurant forum, not bakery! I take parts and food both in Restaurant because the food moves MUCH faster than in Bakery, where it just piles up.

Toread
04-10-12, 08:59 PM
- When neighbors keep sending requests but don't bother to tip, send gift or even leave me a post

- When random players post that they had tipped me and expected to be tipped back plus state the gift they want to receive (we are not even nbrs to start with!)

- The ever annoying advertisement pop-ups

muggapug
04-10-12, 09:29 PM
Some requests you get may just be people who want to look at your restaurant. I don't know how else you can view someone's restaurant or bakery other than issuing an invite-people probably know that you will decline the invite but in the meantime, they get to see your place.

Sometimes I would like to go see some of the places pictured under crazy restaurants to be able to click on items to find out what they're called, but I don't know a way to do that without issuing an invite--which I generally don't do.

ironcolt24
04-12-12, 12:01 AM
My pet peeve is hearing all you people complain about nothing. There is a edit, delete button.

turbo0450
04-12-12, 06:53 AM
Pet Peeves or hates.

1. Appliances not saving the place of the last cooked meal (always opens to some random spot and I have to scroll back to the food I just cooked).
2. When buying enhancements (floor tiles mostly), I click what I want, then click to place it and it goes blank, I have to then re-click what I want, then try again.
3. I can't make an all black Restaurant.
4. There is no total parts list. (just making something and hopeing you have the right material is dumb)
5. Collectibles are pretty much completly random. You should know how to get them. (maybe make them so you have to group certain types of food, Hot dogs and Hamburgers, ect.)
6. You should have penalties if your R is closed and if your happiness goes down.

maybe more I can't think right now.

SnoEternal
04-12-12, 08:35 AM
Um no penalties please! ^^^

turbo0450
04-12-12, 12:20 PM
Um no penalties please! ^^^

Seriously? Maybe this is too much of a goodie two shoes game, but (I know this is a game) IRL if your R was closed, how can you still make money and keep 100% cust satisfaction?

sourlicorice2
04-12-12, 12:50 PM
My pet peeve is hearing all you people complain about nothing. There is a edit, delete button.

My pet peeve are comments like this :p

ironcolt24
04-13-12, 03:34 AM
You're correct....I apologize.

SnoEternal
04-13-12, 06:50 AM
Seriously? Maybe this is too much of a goodie two shoes game, but (I know this is a game) IRL if your R was closed, how can you still make money and keep 100% cust satisfaction?

I have to put the cash register in front of my door because the customers make my game lag too much. :/

quentinsmommy
04-13-12, 10:08 AM
-GEM TRAPS, what else?:p

-Pop-ups and ads

-Getting "Oh Darn!"-ed while trying to collect my gifts in the morning and having to do it all over again after reconnecting (funny, my wi-fi is fine and this only happens during gem sales)

-The "Home Alone" style, broken heart, and crying face emojis that people spam on my wall whenever I'm full. Plus, when I return after real life calls to a wall crammed with "full" messages

-Newbies who nag and nag and nag me to add them, only to have them quit and leave me with a pending invite (now I don't add newbies at all-no exceptions)

-People who post pretty emoji art and quotes on others' walls, but don't post them on mine after I tip/water and leave a message on theirs (I love it when people post pretty emoji art and quotes on my wall-it makes my wall look pretty and interesting:o )

-Bouncing stars and coins-especially when they stick

-Trolling and bullying (NS has it the worst)

-Teens and tweens who cause drama over virtual "boyfriends/girlfriends" or "cex" (again, NS has it the worst)

-How RS and BS refuse to let me keep the rare red rose collectable-I ALWAYS get "Oh Darn!"-ed after getting it and the refresh takes it away

sourlicorice2
04-13-12, 10:16 AM
You're correct....I apologize.

Apology accepted and thx :-)

sourlicorice2
04-13-12, 10:25 AM
Pet peeves of mine

1. In fashion when placing finished clothing on racks it'll freeze and not let me place them. I have to turn my iPad off then on to fix it.
2. Getting kicked off
3. having to wait till Tuesday to get the updates. I usually get them all on Friday morning but this week on Bakery and Fashion I have to wait till Tuesday :-(
4. Posting a message on a nbrs wall and getting stuck waiting for it to process.
5. Having people stuck in my pending invites list
6. Still no and most likely not gonna be added but a gem confirm button
7. No Android parity for my android nbrs
8. Bouncy stars though no longer a big annoyance. It's been downgraded to a minor annoyance.
The add me messages don't bother me as I can delete them.

RoseMeyer
04-13-12, 12:20 PM
IRL Idont HAVEto keep my restaurant open 247 to make money. I can close at 10 if I want.

DAmanding
04-15-12, 04:11 PM

As stated by pastrychef there are more appropriate ways to do this. Getting ID's from the forum other than the "Add Me" section is generally considered rude behavior. If you want neighbors who exchange gifts only and don't interact go to the threads of people looking for the same.

Reason y ppl may re-rqst for u to add the: a. Ppl r giving u the benefit of the doubt that maybe ur finger slipped b. ppl got ur name from the forum and feel like u are interested in the game. C. Ppl wonder y u didn't accept their rqst. I used 2 b a traveling saleswoman and it is true that ppl don't state their "true" objections up front. This is where the term "buyers r liars" comes from. N e way the person is not welcome 2 join ur "exclusive club". They can respect that and move on.

A question of a finger slip might be *borderline* acceptable as an excuse if not combined with the fact that no tip was left and no message was posted on the wall. Grabbing ID's outside of relevant "Add Me" threads, not tipping and not posting a message all combined is just not polite behavior.

If you wonder why they didn't add you, you can always ask. If someone adds me from the forums and at least has the decency to tip and post a message I will politely reply with my standard not taking neighbors message. If they don't leave me a message, why should I bother to reply with one? What reason do you have for expecting what you yourself can't be bothered to offer? The message doesn't need to be a long winded introduction. Even posting a simple, "hi I left tips for you" kind of thing is better than nothing. You can put it in your clipboard and paste it in or create a shortcut for it that gets "autocorrected" to the full message.

sholee
04-16-12, 06:38 AM
My pet peeve is when people ask me to add them(so I send them an invite of course) and then they just decline my invitation. Why did they ask if they didnt want me to be their neighbor? sigh...

oops i'm guilty of this ahahaha
when i first started RS, i spammed a whole bunch of 3-4star restaurants with "add me @ blablah blah" but i guess i must of spammed ALOT of people because i had over 100 neighbors and people were still sending in neighbor invites, so i had to decline them cause i already had more neighbors than i planned.

GrrlPlant
04-16-12, 12:44 PM
5. Having people stuck in my pending invites list

Agreed! There have been a few threads suggesting that there should be a "delete" button for them or they should fall off over time, like messages. Teamlava? Listening? LOL

tiffyouts
04-18-12, 08:37 PM
I hate gift requests. Sorry, but with 100+ neighbors, there's no way I have time to search & send specific gifts. Be happy you got a gift. I have neighbors I've NEVER got a gift from. I hate that gems cost so much & you need so many. I wish there was a gift all button. I wish people who aren't playing would get deleted & unanwered requests would be removed. I hate how my wall says add me & level 5s or so ask me to add them. Umm, no. After a year of playing, it gets more annoying when people don't tip back. I'm level 96 ALMOST 97, I deserve a little respect! ;). I don't keep ANY posts on my wall but mine. I delete the tip ones after I've tipped them & read walls AFTER I've tipped. I play a LOT & fast. No time for crazy requests!

markersable
04-19-12, 06:51 PM
Agreed! There have been a few threads suggesting that there should be a "delete" button for them or they should fall off over time, like messages. Teamlava? Listening? LOL
I couldn't agree more!!!
-Also neighbors that get REALLY angry if you only miss ONE day of tipping! I mean posting on your wall 'Didn't get tip from you!!...are you still playin??'

DAmanding
04-19-12, 07:40 PM
I couldn't agree more!!!
-Also neighbors that get REALLY angry if you only miss ONE day of tipping! I mean posting on your wall 'Didn't get tip from you!!...are you still playin??'

lol...even I wait a week or so of non-tipping before I ask if they're still playing. :D

dria_91
04-19-12, 11:38 PM
My pet peeves:
1. I'm sick of the pop-ups for other games! If i keep closing out on the ad, why keep making them appear?! I have no interest playing those other games. I'm playing what i want already!
2. That little person who walks in my place with the think bubble over its head! I just want to grab it by the shirt, turn it towards the door, and kick it in its butt and it goes flying out the door! LMAO!!
3. Some of the cook times don't match the quantity of food, c'mon 1 day for spaghetti, only 900+ servings?! I can make 4 hr recipes that make more servings for that!
4. People who say they'll delete nbrs who don't send correct gift...HELLO! you can DECLINE the gift, which makes room for another gift to come in...no need to get all hostile! dnt get ur undies all in a bunch!
5. The cost for the darn expansions! my goodness it's gonna take me ages to fully expand!
6. People who are not my neighbors who come in, insult my restaurant, tip it, then tell me to tip back!....lmfao oh plz!
These lame updates we've been getting, some are cool, others, TL can just keep it!
7. People who've been inactive for a while, has spoiled food and full tables. Next day i go to see if they are back to playing, still have spoiled food, but some tables are cleared for tipping... 0__O ummm....did you come in to collect tips, leave spoiled food on stove, then leave game again?! Or is that a freakin glitch!? Let me know b/c it confuses me! lol
8. People who act like they can't squeeze in that fraction of a second into their tipping routine to leave a message on my wall after they've tipped.....Ever heard of copy and paste?! (It can become ur best friend!) Oh well, ur under a 2 star rating, so u'll never get tips from me, unless u leave a message on my wall so i would tip u back.
hmmmm...think that's it for now....lol hope some of my pet peeves don't make it seem like i'm a bad neighbor to have lol

dria_91
04-19-12, 11:41 PM
oohhh i forgot one! Ppl who tell me to add them, when i do, they have 0 star rating and is at level 90+......oh noooo! seems like u just want to work on ur darn restaurant, and free-load off me. Ur not going to tip or anything. U just want to accept my gifts that i send out almost everyday at 2 in the morning! NO SIR RE BOB! oh and u want to send ur request for parts.....hmph!

SnoEternal
04-20-12, 07:33 AM
oohhh i forgot one! Ppl who tell me to add them, when i do, they have 0 star rating and is at level 90+......oh noooo! seems like u just want to work on ur darn restaurant, and free-load off me. Ur not going to tip or anything. U just want to accept my gifts that i send out almost everyday at 2 in the morning! NO SIR RE BOB! oh and u want to send ur request for parts.....hmph!

lol Same thing happened to me. High level 0 stars sent me an invite without even bothering to tip me first. I tipped/gifted them so maybe they could return the favor.. later on instead of tips or a gift I get their gift request! of course I declined their request and deleted. Maybe I should have waited a little longer to give them a chance to tip/gift me...oh well. I doubt they would have anyway

pastrychef17
04-20-12, 08:42 AM

I have a few 0-star neighbors in RS who never tip but they are the most faithful parts gifters I have. They don't tip me, I don't tip them, we gift each other parts and accept each other's parts requests. No wall postings on either side. I actually find them quite restful and low maintenance which is perfect when I don't have time to play :).

dria_91
04-20-12, 09:46 AM
I have a few 0-star neighbors in RS who never tip but they are the most faithful parts gifters I have. They don't tip me, I don't tip them, we gift each other parts and accept each other's parts requests. No wall postings on either side. I actually find them quite restful and low maintenance which is perfect when I don't have time to play :).

Yea... I have a few people who are at 0 and 1 who might tip every once in a while and send gifts. But it has got to the point where i know who tips and i know the same people who send gifts, and it's rarely my 0-1 star people. But it's ok, i'll keep them for a while longer, then delete to make more room for other neighbors to add. I don't want to come of as mean, and i know it's a game, but i want neighbors who could benefit me and vice versa :)

sourlicorice2
04-20-12, 01:25 PM
Adding what others may consider a pet peeve. Just had someone add me on City claiming to b a nbr from the other story games. Was curious to know who so looked on her wall found his/her ID and sent invite on all the games I play. Turns out she/he either doesn't play them or we aren't neighbors on them. I deleted though it may have been an honest mistake on her/his part but didn't really want anymore nbrs on City anyways.

patriziaf
04-20-12, 03:36 PM
lol Same thing happened to me. High level 0 stars sent me an invite without even bothering to tip me first. I tipped/gifted them so maybe they could return the favor.. later on instead of tips or a gift I get their gift request! of course I declined their request and deleted. Maybe I should have waited a little longer to give them a chance to tip/gift me...oh well. I doubt they would have anyway I don't find that strange, they are realistic people. It's a marriage of convenience. In Fashion story the goals asked you to find a nbr before continuing with the other steps. Many became nbrs only because of that, they were in a hurry (limited time goals). And then they requested you a lipstick and you requested them glasses,.. The request system didn't work very well (you asked 40 nbrs and you received only 5 items), the nbrs with Android couldn't help you with the goals, so ... convenience for both. Young players find that normal, they have less scruples. In Farmville I have nbrs that the game itself found for me... I don't know who they are ..

DAmanding
04-20-12, 05:40 PM
-People who post pretty emoji art and quotes on others' walls, but don't post them on mine after I tip/water and leave a message on theirs (I love it when people post pretty emoji art and quotes on my wall-it makes my wall look pretty and interesting:o )

I'm not saying this deters me, but it does cause me to sometimes reconsider my tipping practices...one reason why people may not post their emoji art on non-neighbors walls is that it occasionally encourages clingy people. I have one non-neighbor in Restaurant who found me on the community tab in March and tipped me. I tipped back with my usual emojii art wall post. Since then they regularly delete wall posts above mine to keep my post on their wall so they can tip me back every day. Without leaving me a wall message. I returned the tips several times and then stopped returning the tips. But they still tip me, I manage to catch it on my news feed most days. I have to check my news feed since some of my neighbors don't leave a wall post (one of my pet peeves!). This one is by far the longest, most persistent one, but I've had numerous other "emoji art stalkers" as well and seen it happen to neighbors. I've had people save my wall message for many months (longest one I remember was 4-5 I think?) and tip me periodically just to get another one. I've actually started scanning the wall first of people I don't know before tipping just to see if they're doing this. If I see an old post of mine as the lone emoji post amid a sea of plain ones I usually return the tips without leaving an emoji post again.

Aside from its being just a little creepy, it kinda feels like that person on the outskirts of a social group who is always trying to mooch something. If they would invest a minor amount of effort to create their own emoji artwork, even if they just used the same one every day, they'd probably get more people returning their tips with emoji art. I put some effort into it. I don't expect everyone to do the same and I see it as a gift I can give to others to enjoy. I give it to neighbors and non-neighbors alike and it makes me happy. But the few people like I'm talking about kind of remind me of the party guest at a pot luck who didn't bring anything but who keeps hogging the high cost snacks for themselves.

They could always do what one person did on my wall today...demand to know how I create my wall post without even bothering to leave me a tip. I went to their wall and saw replies from a bunch of people on the same subject. I answered their question, tipped them, and then politely stated that the polite thing to do in the future was leave tips when they visit someone. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one since they were level 10. :D

trace35
04-20-12, 08:26 PM
That is why I play the way I do! Every night I tip people who have tipped me that day and new Nbr's. I send the same part to all my Nbr's. I don't even notice who I'm receiving gifts from! If theyre full I write lmkwc on theyre wall so I get a chance to tip them AND they will tip me while they are visiting to lmkwc!

trace35
04-20-12, 08:33 PM
DAmanding...... Is it possible to create emojis on an ipad2? I always envy people who do it because it allows u to say something nice without writing a novel!

DAmanding
04-20-12, 09:16 PM
Yes you can use emojis on any iDevice but they won't be visible to Android or Kindle players. I know the iPhone 4s has emojis built in, all you have to do is enable that keyboard language. If it isn't similar on an ipad2 running ios 5.x then there are free apps that enable the emoji keyboard. Go into Settings>General>Keyboard<International Keyboards and select Emoji as an added new keyboard. Then when you are typing text you'll see a globe icon that brings up the emoji keyboard.

Then you can also use one of the font apps out there for making pretty fonts. I primarily use Keyboard Pro (free version). Text Effects is also popular but less convenient to use. I write the text part in Keyboard Pro and copy/paste it into Notes. Then I add the emoji around the text and I save all mine in a Notes file. That's handy for the days I don't have time or energy to create a new one, I can just copy one I've previously made and re-use it. I have several months worth.

DAmanding
04-20-12, 09:18 PM
Forgot to add that I copy the finished wall post into my clipboard and just paste it on people's walls. I also have some standard messages that I created shortcuts for.

alaleivousplait
04-21-12, 09:36 AM
My pet peeve is how you expect to get gems by earning ranks in food (ur stupid if u buy gems with real moolah) and u save it up for a 24 gem treasure when it is a ripoff.

Another is how ppl only accept higher rank nbrs.