PDA

View Full Version : I didn't mean to DO THAT!

violetspring21
04-09-12, 11:54 AM
Ok, this has happened three times now, twice in Nightclub Story and once today in Restaurant Story. I'm pushing on the stoves/bars aggressively (I play on a Kindle Fire so it's not like I'm just clicking with the precision of a mouse) and that little message pops up "do you want to spend 5 gems and make this dish/drink available now?") And as soon as I know it, I've pushed "yes" and just lost 5 hard-earned gems so a dish can be ready a 2 mere hours in advance!

Today it happened at 10:40 a.m Pacific in my Restaurant Story. Is there any way I could be comped for this?? NS is one thing, but it seems to take like a billion years to earn gems in RS.. please help if you can! Thanks.

pinkster73
04-09-12, 12:01 PM
Awww :(

sweetstuff525
04-09-12, 12:01 PM
NO you can't get your gems back for accidental click
I did that one time with brownies for one minute

pinkster73
04-09-12, 12:02 PM
Yes TL does not refund "accidental" gem purchases.

LawHay
04-09-12, 03:07 PM
It's better than losing 85 gems all at the same time! D':

sweetstuff525
04-09-12, 04:02 PM
It's better than losing 85 gems all at the same time! D':

UFf that must have hurt

LawHay
04-09-12, 04:12 PM
UFf that must have hurt

Yes is did I nearly threw my iphone on the floor hoping that would stop the fact I used 85 gems to instantly cook 1-2 hr meals.

beertjeanita
04-09-12, 04:59 PM
Wow then you are lucky, i had the Same and it Cost me 50 gems........i almost wanted to stop playing, but i get over it.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-09-12, 07:15 PM
Grrr. I only done that once but it made me soooo mad!

RealFarmer1222
04-09-12, 07:51 PM
The boxes are what gets me. I always seem to hit "Buy another?" instead of exiting.

mingboo
04-10-12, 12:00 AM
i think this happen to almost everyone who play the game (except for those who has less than 5 gems). it happen to me countless times. I think one of these days, without the "are you sure" button, it will discourage a lot of players from buying gems in advance (or at all). Players have been yelling out for the "are you sure" (confirmation) button for ages and doubt it will ever happen (hopefully TL proves most players wrong). One can only hope!
BTW, i still play the game and still buy gems BUT i try to be very careful. BE PATIENT! do not hit the "manage" button too fast (repeatly). you must remember that the game sometimes lag and before you know it, you accidently spent your precious gems!
i do not have any problem with the boxes though. after buying, the pop-up box showing the prize i got has a "buy again" button on the bottom (center) while the "x" for closing the pop-up box is on the top right hand corner. Not easy to make mistake. I am using idevice...do not know whether there is any different for other devices!

Branston73
04-10-12, 12:11 AM
Yes TL does not refund "accidental" gem purchases.

They should!

mingboo
04-10-12, 12:34 AM
They should!

try telling TL... i do think they will ever do that. if i remembered correctly, one of the mods, was saying that even if TL refund the gems, there is no way for TL to take that item (that you accidently purchased) back. That is to say TL cannot REVERSE that action!!

sholee
04-10-12, 04:02 AM
try telling TL... i do think they will ever do that. if i remembered correctly, one of the mods, was saying that even if TL refund the gems, there is no way for TL to take that item (that you accidently purchased) back. That is to say TL cannot REVERSE that action!!

I kind of understand that TL cannot reverse the action if you spent gems on making your cooktime faster because I feel like many people might exploit this if they did. They could use gems to speed up cook times and then write to TL saying it was accidental and BAM their gems are back.

Same with mysterious magic box purchases, someone can buy a magic box and not get the item they wanted and write to TL to get their gems back.

It is pretty reasonable for them not to refund accidental purchases BUT they should put EXTRA confirmation boxes to prevent accidental tapping.
But as you can see, TL won't ever do this because they do want you to waste your gems so that you might by chance purchase gems from their store.

ironcolt24
04-10-12, 09:13 PM
I've done this numerous times...I blame my fat-{} thumbs . Anyway... Leave space between your appliances may help.

jellybelly2001
04-10-12, 10:56 PM
I try to spend all my gems at once and buy more when I need it then spend

pulidancer96
04-11-12, 07:39 AM
I play on kindle fire too! I've done that before too. On fashion story there was a bag I was looking at and I clicked it once and nothing happened so I clicked it again and before I knew it the purchase button came up and I clicked on it and spent 10 gems on a bag I didn't even want! And worse before I got 10 more gems!!!!!! It stunk. At least I can play on my moms phone.

bug242
04-11-12, 06:45 PM
Done the same multiple times. That is why I will never pay real money for gems. Too easy to accidentally use them.

freshfoods
04-11-12, 07:05 PM
one time i was doing the same thing and i wasted it on french toast -.- then i learned to take my time

mingboo
04-12-12, 01:46 AM
one time i was doing the same thing and i wasted it on french toast -.- then i learned to take my time

that is right, slow and steady is the key...LOL