PDA

View Full Version : Gift Requests

lydiatelad
04-07-12, 05:07 PM
Please can we have the clear version about how many gift requests we can receive.
I know we are allowed 20 regular gifts in 24hrs from neighbors and that this resets at 7am GMT (8am BST) each day - this is the best time to send gifts.
But what about gifts generated by asking neighbors while constructing an appliance (gift requesting). Does this clock reset at the same time each day? Is there a limit to how many gift requests we can receive each day? Is there a block once I receive or accept 20 regular gifts, or are gift requests entirely separate.
Why do I get lots of gift requests which are several hours old at the gift reset time each day?
This is all very confusing - can we get a clear answer from TL?

shonycakes
04-07-12, 06:51 PM
Also if you decline a gift does this make a new open spot for another gift?

lydiatelad
04-07-12, 07:26 PM
Also if you decline a gift does this make a new open spot for another gift?

Yes, declining a regular gift does allow another gift from a different neighbor

lydiatelad
04-08-12, 02:10 AM
I think I get the hang of this now. We are allowed to receive 20 gift requests in a day, in addition to the 20 routine gifts. The clock resets at the same time as the tipping and routine gifting clock.
The difficulty arises if say we want painted eggs and bunny ears - if we send a request for eggs to half our neighbors and a request for bunny ears to the other half, then we have no choice in how many of each we receive up to the daily limit of 20. We could correct any imbalance by only accepting the rarer gift request item in our routine gift inbox.
This doesn't explain why I get several 'old' gift requests at the reset time each day, and not at the time it was sent (unless I had already received and responded to a gift request that day, does a later request from the same neighbor appear automatically at the gift clock reset? - I can't see TL allowing this)