PDA

View Full Version : Gifting?

Frangipanie
04-07-12, 10:23 AM
New to Farm Story and I'm wondering what most people like to be gifted. I only have about 5 neighbors right now but I notice they all gift me different things! In BS and RS most players prefer parts, so what's the general consensus in FS for gifts?!

p.s. Add moi! :D

HmongVillager
04-07-12, 10:43 AM
I usually gift the shoes because they have the most amount and since there are no other gifts than thats all i generally gift unless friends ask me for something.

HmongVillager
04-07-12, 10:44 AM
By other gifts i mean they never really release any new gifting options.

pinkster73
04-07-12, 10:45 AM
Ummm there's no shoes in farm.

Gift dog bowls. They have the highest resale value at $400.

HmongVillager
04-07-12, 10:45 AM
OOH FARM I THOUGHT THIS WAS FASHION :o

pinkster73
04-07-12, 10:47 AM
OOH FARM I THOUGHT THIS WAS FASHION :o

Well you can try gifting shoes to your farm neighbors if you want :p

HmongVillager
04-07-12, 04:48 PM
Well you can try gifting shoes to your farm neighbors if you want :p

Yikes all my neighbors are boys, i dont think they will want contrast pumps :o

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-07-12, 06:50 PM
When I first started I liked getting trees and animals because I didn't have to buy them. I got tons of dog bowls and thought how stupid is this. I don't have a dog. Then somebody told me I can sell them for 400 points. So now I really like those. :)

Frangipanie
04-07-12, 08:13 PM
Ahh so that's why one of my neighbors always gifts me dog bowls! Thanks guys :)

ynnafzoo
04-08-12, 07:54 AM
Dogbowl, you can sell the mfor 400

mhuns
04-09-12, 01:35 PM
Dog bowls or tool shed building supplies

SweetSensation23
04-10-12, 05:05 AM
Dog bowls or tool shed building supplies

Think so, too. Dog bowls or wiring, wooden boards, tiles, roof shingles

WendingWanderer
04-10-12, 09:42 AM
Don't gift me tool shed building supplies. I want the 20 dog bowls. Then I'll request the building supplies and get 40 items in one day.

SmokeyMtnGirl
04-10-12, 11:20 AM
Ya never know. It might be nice to be all stylin while working the farm. And farmers boots do wear out and they eventually need new ones. lol

Classic70
04-11-12, 05:36 AM
I don't want to tell my neighbours to stop sending me trees, topiary and crates, because it seems so ungrateful. But I frankly do not like getting them, because I don't have room for them and don't want my farm to be full of the same stuff and want other trees than just apple and plum. I thought they might get the hint because I only send dogbowls that I actually only want to receive dogbowls, but no... Oh well, gift horse, mouth an all that...

Branston73
04-11-12, 06:13 AM
I gift dog bowl if no-one requests any materials:).

lylahmae
04-11-12, 07:08 AM
I don't want to tell my neighbours to stop sending me trees, topiary and crates, because it seems so ungrateful. But I frankly do not like getting them, because I don't have room for them and don't want my farm to be full of the same stuff and want other trees than just apple and plum. I thought they might get the hint because I only send dogbowls that I actually only want to receive dogbowls, but no... Oh well, gift horse, mouth an all that...

I just decline the stuff I don't want, also I have some neighbors that have posted on their own wall to only send dog bowls. I only accept dog bowls and tool shed supplies

WendingWanderer
04-11-12, 09:36 AM

Just decline everything except dog bowls. Your neighbors don't know if you've accepted or declined their gift. I've got enough neighbors that I decline everything except dog bowls, and still get my 20 bowls a day.

Also, you can sell anything you don't want, or put it into inventory for future decorating. I've got everything in inventory while I mass plant to rise up in level and buy more land.

Classic70
04-11-12, 10:34 AM
Just decline everything except dog bowls. Your neighbors don't know if you've accepted or declined their gift. I've got enough neighbors that I decline everything except dog bowls, and still get my 20 bowls a day.

Also, you can sell anything you don't want, or put it into inventory for future decorating. I've got everything in inventory while I mass plant to rise up in level and buy more land.

Thanks! Will do that. Wasn't sure if neighbours could see I declined and didn't want to offend...