PDA

View Full Version : I remember when....

jannywanny86
04-07-12, 03:03 AM
Gifts where a surprise. I don't care what gift I get coz I like any. I do ask when building something but I hate ppl who say don't send such and such I honestly get so many ppl do this I really don't remember what's what lol I don't mind helping sending to build their stuff. Or my everyday nbrs I can remember what they like but I feel like making a blacklist if ppl complain bout gifts they get none at all lol what u all think?

Limaxa
04-07-12, 04:27 AM
I gift what i also need.. Most of the Time materials..But i don't care if someone tells me to send only paint .. At the moment all my nbrs get the easter materials ;D

smjdel
04-07-12, 08:56 AM
I hate ppl who say don't send such and such I honestly get so many ppl do this I really don't remember what's what lol I don't mind helping sending to build their stuff. Or my everyday nbrs I can remember what they like but I feel like making a blacklist if ppl complain bout gifts they get none at all lol what u all think?

I understand what you mean. I feel that at the end of the day, gifting doesn't cost the other person anything, and it's not like extra parts are taking up actual space in a bakery warehouse, LOL, so what's the big deal if someone only sends brownies? It still equals free coins. Some people are getting worked up over a free pixel! :-)

If someone complains, I just delete them. I don't want to spend the time and effort remembering all of my neighbors specific requests. I gift back what they send. If someone doesn't like that, I'd prefer it if they delete me. Why should both of us be unhappy with each other? We can both find other neighbors who match our playing styles better.

pops1972
04-07-12, 09:10 AM
Gifts where a surprise. I don't care what gift I get coz I like any. I do ask when building something but I hate ppl who say don't send such and such I honestly get so many ppl do this I really don't remember what's what lol I don't mind helping sending to build their stuff. Or my everyday nbrs I can remember what they like but I feel like making a blacklist if ppl complain bout gifts they get none at all lol what u all think?
some of my dearest neighbors are like this. Maybe gifting is easy for them and so they think that it is that it is easy for everyone. This is the reason I hate my game.

scarletlocs
04-07-12, 10:12 AM
I understand what you mean. I feel that at the end of the day, gifting doesn't cost the other person anything, and it's not like extra parts are taking up actual space in a bakery warehouse, LOL, so what's the big deal if someone only sends brownies? It still equals free coins. Some people are getting worked up over a free pixel! :-)

If someone complains, I just delete them. I don't want to spend the time and effort remembering all of my neighbors specific requests. I gift back what they send. If someone doesn't like that, I'd prefer it if they delete me. Why should both of us be unhappy with each other? We can both find other neighbors who match our playing styles better.

I'm with u. I can't remember all my neighbors gifting preference and I don't want to know. Right now I asked for the Easter stuff because I want to build 2⃣ more ovens. After that they can gift whatever. My motto... Neighbors come and go so why sweat d small stuff. I have a few neighbors who leave messages asking for specific gift I'm like if u don't like what I gift just DECLINE... it's ur option.

sparks229
04-07-12, 01:43 PM
If they want me to gift something, they should just request it because most of the time I won't even look at my wall before gifting. It's also usually because I gift at reset so if they ask for something later on I can't gift it.

Now I remember when there were no constructibles, materials, goals, or requests. that was before I quit bakery for a while. If a neighbor doesn't like what gift he/she gets, they can delete me and I won't care

candyglam
04-07-12, 01:55 PM
I couldn't agree more. I was raised to appreciate any gift no matter what it's worth! I apply this philosophy to the virtual world just as much as the real world! Now, I will fulfill people's requests for gifts if they write on my wall because I know it takes awhile to get building materials and such, but the "if you gift anything other than what I ask for then I'll delete you and act like you're an idiot for sending something not worth much" crowd....I avoid them.

sweetstuff525
04-07-12, 02:26 PM
I say please send new blah blah and thanks....what do u need

jannywanny86
04-08-12, 03:10 AM
All good points :) I like helping them when they need but hate when they say only send or parts only

caesarslaw
04-08-12, 04:15 PM
Since playing for a year, I've only told one neighbor recently not to send something. This neighbor has sent me every time a dragon tooth/scale whatever it's called since the update came out. I sent this neighbor different gifts and sometimes wrote please sent X, but every single time, I got the stupid dragon tooth/scale. When I accidentally accepted one, and have a stupid freaking x1 gift in my gift queue, I just got mad and told the neighbor to stop sending that stuff. I don't even know if were neighbors anymore. I don't care about the food, the brownies, or even the mermaid potion, but that was just annoying.

farmerpeaches
04-08-12, 05:22 PM
I am with you all... Isn't it called a gift? So if that's what it is then you get what you get is how I look at it!!! I do have it on my wall that I like materials...but I don't stress like some of the people I have come across. My gifting goes like this...I gift you what you gift me- if you gift me a fuse your getting a fuse back and so on...because I choose not to want food I will gift back the food of choice, but I won't except the gift all of the time so I can make room for another gift to come in hopes of material...but I will not complain to my nbrs at all...I am very grateful for my nbrs and the gifts they send ���� I play RS, CS, BS and Farm S .... I love all of my nbrs and treat them all the same ❤❤❤

scarletlocs
04-09-12, 06:26 PM
Since playing for a year, I've only told one neighbor recently not to send something. This neighbor has sent me every time a dragon tooth/scale whatever it's called since the update came out. I sent this neighbor different gifts and sometimes wrote please sent X, but every single time, I got the stupid dragon tooth/scale. When I accidentally accepted one, and have a stupid freaking x1 gift in my gift queue, I just got mad and told the neighbor to stop sending that stuff. I don't even know if were neighbors anymore. I don't care about the food, the brownies, or even the mermaid potion, but that was just annoying.

Lol... I don't mean to laugh. U should have deleted the person. U know what I, like u. I give chances and one day a neighbor post me off I just deleted. Let's be honest. They don't even know they have been deleted. Says a lot... Lol....

caesarslaw
04-09-12, 06:59 PM
@scarletlocs if i ever see another dragon scale/tooth, ya' know what i'm doing haha ... tsk tsk

kahlan531
04-09-12, 10:19 PM
Maybe there will be another constructible in the future that would use dragon parts, or the mermaid potion? Just wondering. I have quite a few in my gift inventory too.

kahlan531
04-09-12, 10:20 PM
I wish we could sell them...

ashrb
04-10-12, 02:05 PM
I am with you all... Isn't it called a gift? So if that's what it is then you get what you get is how I look at it!!! I do have it on my wall that I like materials...but I don't stress like some of the people I have come across. My gifting goes like this...I gift you what you gift me- if you gift me a fuse your getting a fuse back and so on...because I choose not to want food I will gift back the food of choice, but I won't except the gift all of the time so I can make room for another gift to come in hopes of material...but I will not complain to my nbrs at all...I am very grateful for my nbrs and the gifts they send ���� I play RS, CS, BS and Farm S .... I love all of my nbrs and treat them all the same ❤❤❤

Finally someone who thinks how I do! I had a nbr who kept threatening to delete anyone who didn't send specific gifts and I got tired of seeing those messages on my wall so one day I asked her if she understood the meaning of what a gift is and she said it's a game and real life doesn't apply to the game and all I could do was shake my head at her lol I don't make a fuss if I receive something I don't like and I try my best to gift what most ask for, but when it gets too time consuming, it takes away the actual enjoyment of the game so I just gift back what is sent to me and the rest get what I want to gift and if someone has an issue with it, there's a decline button!

AnnasCoffee
04-10-12, 02:28 PM

I like this idea.

As far as gifts... I have been converted by this thread! Gifting has become so stressful. I have (in the past) been one of those people who only wanted a certain gift.. But no more! It's not worth the effort anyway! I will be happy with all gifts... Well maybe not so much brownies:)

little_hyuts
04-10-12, 07:21 PM

I love this idea as well!
I have so many stocked up. . .

mingboo
04-11-12, 12:36 AM
Finally someone who thinks how I do! I had a nbr who kept threatening to delete anyone who didn't send specific gifts and I got tired of seeing those messages on my wall so one day I asked her if she understood the meaning of what a gift is and she said it's a game and real life doesn't apply to the game and all I could do was shake my head at her lol I don't make a fuss if I receive something I don't like and I try my best to gift what most ask for, but when it gets too time consuming, it takes away the actual enjoyment of the game so I just gift back what is sent to me and the rest get what I want to gift and if someone has an issue with it, there's a decline button!

well, that is right! i do not care what my nbrs send. i have 300+ nbrs and i am pretty sure i have at least 20 nbrs who know what is new in the game. and i have a handful of nbrs who constantly asking for parts only. i like parts and gift parts but i never leave any message on nbrs wall telling them what to gift. i just want to enjoy the game without "pestering" my nbrs! BTW, we can only accept 20gifts a day, i just pick those gifts that i want and delete the rest....

mingboo
04-11-12, 12:40 AM
one more thing though, a non-tipper (zero star rating) might be a good gifter!! I have nbrs who do not tip but they seem to know what i want... LOL Remember NOT all zero star rated are inactive players. So players feel that it is too time consuming to tip but they do play the game and do gift. Something to keep it mind when you are doing your "spring cleaning" of your nbr list!! i have not remove any of my nbrs!!! LOL

anna1louise
04-11-12, 08:35 PM
hey nothing wrong with brownies, they come in handy to fill a few empty counters. I just used 1200 that was saved up. Means I don't have to make them myself. ��

pops1972
04-11-12, 08:50 PM
one more thing though, a non-tipper (zero star rating) might be a good gifter!! I have nbrs who do not tip but they seem to know what i want... LOL Remember NOT all zero star rated are inactive players. So players feel that it is too time consuming to tip but they do play the game and do gift. Something to keep it mind when you are doing your "spring cleaning" of your nbr list!! i have not remove any of my nbrs!!! LOL
This is good information. Some peoples game crashes when they try to visit other neighbors. But they can be good gifters.