PDA

View Full Version : Android users- when will we be equal with iphone?

wolfgrrl1
04-06-12, 04:04 AM
Android users run a sub-par app compared to iphone/ Apple users. We don't have special holiday editions of BS, we can't see our constructable parts and it seems we are the very LAST to get updates. I'd like a good explanation for this. Seeing as we are paying customers, rhru gems, I'd like to know why we are created as sub-par users.

kattybell
04-06-12, 04:28 AM
There are many threads about this. I'm sorry. I wish Androids could have goals, holiday editions and be able to see their construable parts. Hopefully soon goals. Here are some threads:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26453-Android-VS-iPhone&highlight
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26773-Goals-for-Android-users&highlight=android+goals=android+goals

lilkeeks
04-06-12, 08:14 AM
While I don't think it's fair either....on TL's defense, consider this: there are so many different models of phones which have Android which cannot be said the same for the iPhone.

I am not very tech saavy but I assume this has something to do with why Android users do not have the same options as iPhone users

toyany85
04-06-12, 08:20 AM
Totally agree. Didnt realize there was a difference in the device you use and how it would effect game play until I joined this forum. Im still fairly satisfied with the games themselves but it would just be nice to have a choice wether or not to participate in the different offers.

pinkster73
04-06-12, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure if this was one of kattybells links but its good reading

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions

dexdine12
04-06-12, 08:27 AM
I will wait with good humor for Holiday editions and goals, what I really want is to be able to see my parts. I am sure I have about 50 shamrocks floating in cyber space somewhere :) I know I can email TL support for a count, but too busy/lazy to do that and then keep careful count of what comes in :P

toyany85
04-06-12, 08:51 AM
I will wait with good humor for Holiday editions and goals, what I really want is to be able to see my parts. I am sure I have about 50 shamrocks floating in cyber space somewhere :) I know I can email TL support for a count, but too busy/lazy to do that and then keep careful count of what comes in :P

Same here with parts....Im always pleasently suprised when I get a new constructable item and when i open it it says completed on 3 of the 4 part catergories, didnt know I had all those but thanks!

wolfgrrl1
04-07-12, 04:18 AM
While I don't think it's fair either....on TL's defense, consider this: there are so many different models of phones which have Android which cannot be said the same for the iPhone.

I am not very tech saavy but I assume this has something to do with why Android users do not have the same options as iPhone users

This isn't a factor. There are only so many versions of Android out there. It isn't phone dependent. Its OS dependent. Many other app manufacuturers have iphone & Android apps and they are identical to each other. OS is no excuse.

ariesblu
04-15-12, 01:27 AM

Tl can only use this as an excuse for so long. Their focus seems to be on creating new games targeted to ios first than to concentrate on parity for Android.

PinkStarbelly
04-15-12, 03:20 AM
As much as I understand Android players frustration, I think TL is doing the best they can. I'm sure the iOS version was out a good while before there was even an Android version available and that is only natual as the Android platform haven't existed as long as the iOS. TL can be working as hard as they can with the Andoid version but it's only natural that they will never catch up with the iOS as they'll work equally as hard if not even harder with iOS since there's probably a bigger number playing through iOS.

mhuns
04-15-12, 09:59 AM
I have android. I just play, dont buy gems. Its not operating system. Pet shop story has goals for both ios and android, so it can be done. I just figure when we are equal team lava would probably make more money from andoid users.

Afura
04-15-12, 06:26 PM
Android users run a sub-par app compared to iphone/ Apple users. We don't have special holiday editions of BS, we can't see our constructable parts and it seems we are the very LAST to get updates. I'd like a good explanation for this. Seeing as we are paying customers, rhru gems, I'd like to know why we are created as sub-par users.

I've gotten the last two weekly updates, if that's the updates you mean, on the Thursday they came out on, same on RS, did you mean a version update? Especially since we have no {} version to stay on.
I do agree with the constructable part though. It's so annoying to plop down a new appliance and pray that I have most of the constructables. This has led to several days of waiting for neighbors to honor requests. :(
I know this is a round and round complaint (like the bouncing stars/coins), and I assume there's some sort of glitchy reason why they haven't completed it outside of PS like muhns said they have, but you know what they say about assuming... :D Seeing as how back in October is when one of the staff said it was a work in progress (in this thread - http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions ) I dunno how much I buy it. Maybe I can find a Apple iOS product on the cheap. Hey maybe TL can get us a discount. XD (this is just a joke)

ariesblu
05-18-12, 10:14 PM
I have android. I just play, dont buy gems. Its not operating system. Pet shop story has goals for both ios and android, so it can be done. I just figure when we are equal team lava would probably make more money from andoid users.
So true.

lola1190
05-19-12, 02:55 AM
I've been wondering this too. I play on my Samsung Galaxy S2.

I buy gems. And I felt VERY cross when I saw that one of the rewards for the goals we can't get on Android was 6 gems.